Easter Egg Contest Winners!

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all,

This year's Easter Egg contest was a great success-- we had over 400 unique submissions, most of which were very creative and memorable, some to the point where we could not even display them on the site for fear of causing either tooth decay or psychological damage.

All jokes aside, we're pleased to bring you the 7 winners of this year's competition; keep in mind that, for a change of pace, we decided to award one winner for each server instead of just a straight-up top 7.

And now without further ado, your winners, each of whom will be winning the Giant Bunny all-class pet!

Roxxannae - Sanctuary

DragosJ - Dreamweaver

Mari_ - Raging Tide

TreeHugs - Harshlands

Baby_catty - Heavens Tear

transy - Lost City

_BarbKing_ - Archosaur

So please give a round of applause to the winners, and we'd like to extend a big thank you to everyone who participated.

Happy Easter everyone!
-PWE Staff
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Some decent, some meh. Good job to the winners

Edit:...1st :D
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Honestly not very impressed, but regardless, grats to the winners.

:o 2nd
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    D: awww but i like BIG EGGS more.

Tho grats from dreamweaver server :D show me your bunny!

PS:
    :X i liked the "Big Panda Easter" of californium more tho..this was really awesome artwork.
    -gives you an imaginary bunny-
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I favour transy's
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well I can honestly say I liked some other eggs much better but Gratz to the winners...

These things are always ummm...up for debate I guess in how they are judged....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Gana - Dreamweaver
    Gana - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    gratz to all, I didn't realize so many people were good with the computer/photoshop/drawing XD good job!
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol dang I thought for sure with this I would get the abominable bunny

http://img31.imageshack.us/i/eggdesignfixed.png/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    Rfskkirby - Sanctuary Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not very impressed with the winners, some of these I can tell that a 4 year old couldve drawn them. But I guess its your choice, but I would suggest a re-evaluation
  • Zaphael - Heavens Tear
    Zaphael - Heavens Tear Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Grats to the winners. Most of you did a great job. As for the rest, I guess beauty definitely IS in the eye of the beholder.

To those who didn't win - some of you had great entries and even managed to stay inside the lines unlike a winner or two. Only 1 of my favorites came out on top.
    "there is a majority of people I can't here stand anymore. The skill level in TW has decreased dramatically. Frankly I am tired leading a TW of a bunch of idiots and morons. I outlasted my patience for them. I just can't waste anymore time here." ~Ehmi's leaving post.
  • Squeasy - Sanctuary
    Squeasy - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    What are your criterion for judging? You stated the entries will be judged "based on content, style, and just how aesthetically pleasing your entry is to the eye!" but looking at some of these winners, they fit none of your descriptions.

But congrats to the winners on their artwork.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Aarty - Heavens Tear
    Aarty - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well congrats to the winners, even though I really wanted that bunny :P

Here was my entry, maybe I should of stayed inside the egg =/

PWegg.jpg
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    =| I call a rigged contest! Seriously. I saw so many good entries and you just passed over most of them.

Also, was I not counted because I submitted 6 hours before the deadline while you were all asleep?
    Easter Veno.
    Freaking Year of the Snowhare.

Also...That panda one hugging the carrot should have won for my server. Seriously...Q.Q So cute.

Edit~ RIGGED!! Most of the stand alone characters on the winners eggs are EARTHGUARD! ;w;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well congrats to the winners, even though I really wanted that bunny :P

Here was my entry, maybe I should of stayed inside the egg =/

PWegg.jpg

Personally I think it makes the egg look better with things like outside the egg or hanging off the egg. They gave us the whole space to work with so we should be allowed to use it. If they didn't want us to go outside the egg then they should have either said that or cropped the picture more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    =| I call a rigged contest! Seriously. I saw so many good entries and you just passed over most of them.

Also...That panda one hugging the carrot should have won for my server. Seriously...Q.Q So cute.

+1 b:scorn ijs
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    Q____Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I entered but it didn't go through D:
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Congratulations to the winners. Lots of nice entries.
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zaphael - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Jeremied at least yours finally made it to the fan art site. I want to see all the entries. I think it's crappy to show not even 1/10th of them.

I like the eggs that went beyond JUST the egg itself. Was a bit more creative, and they didn't say we had to do that anyways.

Just so disappointed to see so many great eggs in the blog comments and thread...and hardly any of them on the site. Some of the "winners" are ones I totally didn't even give a 2nd look...like the one that the person only colored on the outline of the egg in some spots. Just a lack of attention to detail.
    "there is a majority of people I can't here stand anymore. The skill level in TW has decreased dramatically. Frankly I am tired leading a TW of a bunch of idiots and morons. I outlasted my patience for them. I just can't waste anymore time here." ~Ehmi's leaving post.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Jeremied at least yours finally made it to the fan art site. I want to see all the entries. I think it's crappy to show not even 1/10th of them.

I like the eggs that went beyond JUST the egg itself. Was a bit more creative, and they didn't say we had to do that anyways.

Just so disappointed to see so many great eggs in the blog comments and thread...and hardly any of them on the site. Some of the "winners" are ones I totally didn't even give a 2nd look...like the one that the person only colored on the outline of the egg in some spots. Just a lack of attention to detail.
    <_< I just noticed that they were added, about 6 pages since I first submitted them though. But yeah, 10 pages of eggs does not equal 400+ entries >__<

I was tempted to go outside the lines on my first one, so that it looked like she was lying on the outline, rather than just magically lying on air...but there was a rule to "not change the dynamics of the egg" I think that meant nothing outside the outline. That may be why that one panda one might not have won, I'm sure they missed erasing a few flower bits on the bottom before submitting and that might have caused a disqualification :(

tbh I think they picked the winners days before the deadline, and all the later ones were disregarded, despite being on time. (and often having more effort put into them)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    That may be why that one panda one might not have won, I'm sure they missed erasing a few flower bits on the bottom before submitting and that might have caused a disqualification :(

cant be, cause the winner for dreamweaver, has grey background.
  • Zaphael - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Doubt that disqualified the panda/carrot one. Look at the bottom of the egg and around the sides for my server's winner.

If adding stuff outside the egg was a no-no they should have made it obvious in the rules. The size of the egg itself wasn't changed.

Regardless, I DID like some of the winners. Personal tastes, I guess.
  • Skitter - Heavens Tear
    Skitter - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Here is My Egg :( I didn't win (Grats to the ones that won)

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/204646/pwiegg.jpg
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Grats Vixter ^^ I really did like yours XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ksenyan - Dreamweaver
    Ksenyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I kinew they won`t let my "work" be in fan-arts XD Of coarse i did it just for fun and my main is Veno anyways (decor pet ish useless!), but don`t know... That work was mine. But they accepted some plagiat instead.

finish
    irinutzainlove

Author is NG2568
    I don`t believe she did so crappy work with the egg while having so great skills.

And yes, there was much more arts in the topic O_o I remember one great with cleric and bunnies...

BTW congratz to winners!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Grats Vixter ^^ I really did like yours XD

thank you ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    how long till they are available in cashshop? i want one right now!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I bet the one from archosaur didnt have much competition ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Funny, I recall submitting my egg...monday. I still hadn't gotten onto the page.
    They say they had over 400 entries....so where the hell are they? I can easily tell from the winners and looking at the people who DID get onto the page...there were a lot better looking eggs on there. (No offense to the winners, congratulations.)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/Entry.jpg
    My half an hour on photoshop appreciates being ignored in yet another contest. -.-
    thankfully it's not a loss entirely....I get an amazing background picture. b:surrender
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I was going down the list...

ooh pretty good, eh not bad, ohhh nice, ooo cute, eh alright, ooo artsy... and then I got to my own server's egg. -FACEPALM-