Adroit is the worst

Comments

• MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Don't make me one shot you when I get unbanned b:dirty

I wasn't sure if it was you who was whispering me that you got banned. I totally thought that was iP since he's the one more likely to get banned anyway.

Because I was talking to your alt assuming you were iP. lol
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    decides

Deicides - people just pronounce them decides.

easy way to remember - Dei - god, cides - killer

or is that like TT vs HH - are they decides on myen? b:chuckle

And questro just 1 shot me through ele shell b:sad

Impossible - according to adroit and co, ele shell is omg awesome. Its soooo useful to increase damage reduction 4 or even 5%!!!!!!!
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Deicides - people just pronounce them decides.

or is that like TT vs HH - are they decides on myen? b:chuckle

Impossible - according to adroit and co, ele shell is omg awesome. Its soooo useful to increase damage reduction 4 or even 5%!!!!!!!

Impossible - according to shut up and go away the damage reduction is 30-33%(My resistance is 72% but it goes to 90% so its 28% for me :P) but the attack levels from rank 9 negate that. Its very useful for psys and wizzys. Please reroll b:cute
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
    edited April 2011
    Impossible - according to shut up and go away the damage reduction is 30-33% but the attack levels from rank 9 negate that. Its very useful for psys and wizzys. Please reroll b:cute

without -

http://pwcalc.com/0d338d470971eb4c

with -

http://pwcalc.com/3730d1a9939b88f4

earth resistance is 5% (so much for very useful against psys), the others are 10%.

far from 30%

you in TT80 gear (scuz me, HH80 gear)? cute

please level up before you join the big boy conversation with your statistics based on pre-end game gear. pre 100, you should handle psychics easily without it.

no wonder lost city wizards are awol from west gate . . . .
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited April 2011
    without -

http://pwcalc.com/0d338d470971eb4c

with -

http://pwcalc.com/3730d1a9939b88f4

earth resistance is 5% (so much for very useful against psys), the others are 10%.

far from 30%

you in TT80 gear (scuz me, HH80 gear)? cute

please level up before you join the big boy conversation with your statistics based on pre-end game gear. pre 100, you should handle psychics easily without it.

no wonder lost city wizards are awol from west gate . . . .
    Oh you have a lost city character? Is it R9? Let me 1vs1 it for you b:thanks
    Nopers, i'm just not a cleric buffed r9. If you are a self buffed r9 wizzy like you are? Your resistances except the shield you're wearing go up by 20%, your shield element goes up by 11%. But for us not r9,cube neck wizzys i have this http://i53.tinypic.com/2jep5hf.jpgBefore
    After =] http://i51.tinypic.com/3495lj6.jpg Oh incase you hadnt noticed i AM at frost, leveling so shhh x.x Oh! I was wrong my earth res is only 71% :p
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    edited April 2011
    Seriously you have a gradeshool crush on adroit don't you? Be careful aether can be scary b:chuckle
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    @Blood - that 5% you speak of (85 - 90% I'm assuming) means you take 33% less damage with ele shell. That is pretty significant. For me.. being in HH90 it is FAR more significant.. I have 65% reduction in my **** gear (self buffed.. besides earth).. A 1000 damage hit would hit me for 350 damage.. with ele shell.. that would be reduced to 100 damage. That reduces the damage I take by 3 and a half times.. which is VERY significant. Not to mention other wizards can reduce your resists with undine or genie spark.. but with ele shell on you'll pretty much always be at max resists for the 4 seconds. Besides all of that, its AMAZING for its free 15chi every 30 seconds. Just because you can't figure out how to use a useful skill doesn't mean it isn't useful.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited April 2011

Questro is full +11 r9 with +12 r9 wep and icebournes.

And ele shell doesn't make you invulnerable. Just like how I kill barbs through invoke.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    cant find the screenshot where i hit 110k water defense :C

its sooo useless but .....
    i like potato
    edited April 2011
    @Blood - that 5% you speak of (85 - 90% I'm assuming) means you take 33% less damage with ele shell. That is pretty significant.

Ahhhh, that finally makes sense to me, all that "reverse math" you all do. I never did understand it.

See, I admit when I am wrong.

About the 5% reduction, that is, not about the usefulness of ele shell in general per the other thread - still too short duration, still too limited in its uses, too difficult to see psychic skills coming.
    edited April 2011
    Er its not very hard they always open with earth vector. Ele shell then badge out of the stun :p
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    edited April 2011
    Er its not very hard they always open with earth vector. Ele shell then badge out of the stun :p

Um, in that case you would be seeing them.

And earth vector doesn't bother me much, damage wise, especially for an opener. Its the water skills to 50% of charm THEN earth vector that's the only problem I have with psychics usually.

And actually, I haven't had a problem with psychics like I used to since I hit 10k hp. Was rolling some +11/+12 psychics a few weekends ago, giving them first hit even. Yes, even with my antique +10 tt99.

There used to be only one psychic on my server that had real problem with (he really knew how to cycle through the voodoos at the right times), and that was before I had some of the gear I do now. He left for a while, but I saw him flying around a few days ago, so idk.

Of course, this isn't rank 9 psychics. They just cheat.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Um, in that case you would be seeing them.

And earth vector doesn't bother me much, damage wise, especially for an opener. Its the water skills to 50% of charm THEN earth vector that's the only problem I have with psychics usually.

And actually, I haven't had a problem with psychics like I used to since I hit 10k hp. Was rolling some +11/+12 psychics a few weekends ago, giving them first hit even. Yes, even with my antique +10 tt99.

There used to be only one psychic on my server that had real problem with (he really knew how to cycle through the voodoos at the right times), and that was before I had some of the gear I do now. He left for a while, but I saw him flying around a few days ago, so idk.

Of course, this isn't rank 9 psychics. They just cheat.

Yes. Psys are like sins except for much rarer. Most are terribad and have +10/11/12 wep and +3/4/5 armor and don't know their class.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    @Blood - that 5% you speak of (85 - 90% I'm assuming) means you take 33% less damage with ele shell. That is pretty significant. For me.. being in HH90 it is FAR more significant.. I have 65% reduction in my **** gear (self buffed.. besides earth).. A 1000 damage hit would hit me for 350 damage.. with ele shell.. that would be reduced to 100 damage. That reduces the damage I take by 3 and a half times.. which is VERY significant. Not to mention other wizards can reduce your resists with undine or genie spark.. but with ele shell on you'll pretty much always be at max resists for the 4 seconds. Besides all of that, its AMAZING for its free 15chi every 30 seconds. Just because you can't figure out how to use a useful skill doesn't mean it isn't useful.

*points to posts on relative effectiveness of def and chuckles*

I should start copyrighting this **** b:cute
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    *points to posts on relative effectiveness of def and chuckles*

I should start copyrighting this **** b:cute

What makes you think you came up with that again? You can't copyright something you didn't come up with.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not sure where the 5% comes from exactly. I just tested metal skills from a cleric, and they were hitting roughly 3.3k per hit on me without shell on, and when I used shell, he was hitting me for 1200-1500. Nice 5% you got there noob =P
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not sure where the 5% comes from exactly. I just tested metal skills from a cleric, and they were hitting roughly 3.3k per hit on me without shell on, and when I used shell, he was hitting me for 1200-1500. Nice 5% you got there noob =P

When you hover your mouse over your resistance it gives you the info of what % reduction you have from each type of attack. Blood and Adroit were talking about Earth damage. The 5% they are talking about is from the % difference when a mage uses Elemental shell, which raises and endgame wizards' earth defense from around 85% reduction to the capped 90% (at least I think it's capped at 90 I dont have the gear to check) (90 - 85 = 5% more reduction)

Then what I think where the 'reverse calculations' come into play (at least I think that's what their talking about) is that its not 5% less damage. Example if someone would normally hit you for 10k when your defenses are 0% with an earth attack:

10k hit
    85% reduction = you would receive 1500 damage
    90% reduction = you would receive 1000 damage

thats a 500 damage difference, so 90% compared to 85% reduction would be 33% less damage.

Hope I kept that somewhat simple.

Edit: Nvm Adroit already explained this on last page xD sorry adroit, didnt see you.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    I love how people are dubbing this "reverse math" when it's just math. People who don't understand this need to retake their elementary math courses.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I love how people are dubbing this "reverse math" when it's just math. People who don't understand this need to retake their elementary math courses.

b:shockedthe horrors of elementary math
    b:cryit was soo boring all i did was sleep in school
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    When you hover your mouse over your resistance it gives you the info of what % reduction you have from each type of attack. Blood and Adroit were talking about Earth damage. The 5% they are talking about is from the % difference when a mage uses Elemental shell, which raises and endgame wizards' earth defense from around 85% reduction to the capped 90% (at least I think it's capped at 90 I dont have the gear to check) (90 - 85 = 5% more reduction)

Then what I think where the 'reverse calculations' come into play (at least I think that's what their talking about) is that its not 5% less damage. Example if someone would normally hit you for 10k when your defenses are 0% with an earth attack:

10k hit
    85% reduction = you would receive 1500 damage
    90% reduction = you would receive 1000 damage

thats a 500 damage difference, so 90% compared to 85% reduction would be 33% less damage.

Hope I kept that somewhat simple.

Edit: Nvm Adroit already explained this on last page xD sorry adroit, didnt see you.

Mm I figured they were talking about the % on the C menu. I also thought Blood meant you take 5% less damage because well, he's kinda dumb, so you know. b:chuckle

Edit: I just realized you posted towards me thinking I'm a noob. How dare you?! </3
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Edit: I just realized you posted towards me thinking I'm a noob. How dare you?! </3

I've met people in game (mostly frost hoars, but some veterans that started 2 years ago) that had no idea about the % reductions when you hover your cursor over the number. So I figured I'd make sure you understand where the numbers come from just incase.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Don't upset Mystic, or she will do..things..to you..

She's a scary 'lil **** b:cry
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Don't upset Mystic, or she will do..things..to you..

She's a scary 'lil **** b:cry

LAWL b:laugh
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm catching up to you in kills on this char. Oh oh oh better watch out !
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    I'm catching up to you in post counts on this char. Oh oh oh better watch out !
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2011

The last time I saw you online was when I helped you with a question about chemical equilibrium. b:surrender You only like me coz I'm a chemistry nerd...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    xeggie poo b:pleased
    i like potato
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Math is the Devil.
    ijs It also sucks D:<
    <
    Had to stand up all the time because he never did homework/ payed attention/ never knew wtf was going on. b:sad
    better watch out !
    Better not cry
    You better not pout
    I'm telling you why
    cus Santa Claus is coming to toooooowwwwn~

Ontopic: Yeh Adroit does suck!
    9 videos in 6 months wtf is that D:<
    MOAR VIDEOS NAO!!!
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011

Ontopic: Yeh Adroit does suck!
    9 videos in 6 months wtf is that D:<
    MOAR VIDEOS NAO!!!

I need new gear to go out pking >.> The sin population is so bad now.. I'm just being a carebear making money so I can really pk again. I think I do pretty well for my gear.. but thats not saying much. Getting one shot out of stealth n whatnot is frustrating. I'll get back to pking as my gear starts to improve a bit. D:
This discussion has been closed.