What's the rock-paper-scissors of classes?

Options
13»

Comments

• HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    If you want the overly-simplified rock-paper-scissors of classes it would be this:

Evasion classes: Archer and Assassin
    Melee classes: Barbarian, Blademaster, Seeker, and HA Venomancer
    Magic classes: Cleric, Wizard, AA Venomancer, Psychic, and Mystic

Evasion classes beat Melee classes because they evades the Melee classes' blows while rarely missing with their own attacks.
    Melee classes beat Magic classes due to the normally low HP and PDef of Magic classes.
    Magic classes beat Evasion classes because magic attacks are ranged and never miss and Evasion classes usually have lower HP than Melee classes.

Obviously it's far more complicated than that, especially since you can make various builds (like LA clerics and such) and some buffs and skills help counter some of that, but it is a kind of rock-paper-scissors that's built into the game mechanics.

Troll.
  • //ayne - Harshlands9
    //ayne - Harshlands9 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wizards are Rock.
    Archers are scissors.
    Barbarians are Paper.
    But the Raichu is an Assassin and we are all Pikachu.
    End of the day?
    Sin>All. D:
    Yay I fit in with the Sin QQers now!
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Troll.
    Only if you don't read all the words, particularly "overly-simplified" and "Obviously it's far more complicated than that".

I'm just talking about how the essence of the classes, if you strip away all of the skills and equipment bonuses, work out like that. The reality, however, is not that simple, which I thought I made clear enough.

If that went over your head, I apologize. Next time I'll dumb it down more for you.

(OK, now I'm trolling. b:mischievous b:laugh)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Builds,Gears,Skills,Player playing the class, all things to take into account. Yes APS Sins are a bunch of over played school girls who don't need to know much to PK with it. In the end, who honestly cares about any of this.

Oh right, kids that can't think for themselves so they follow everyone elses criteria aka make Sins.

Make all the Sins you want, adds some interesting aspects to PK when having to face a foe you actually gotta think about. You all are also under-estimating a Seeker. Dont class them with a BM.

Seeker has metal attacks,range,debuffs and a lot of other stuff that you should take into account, very versatile class but any class can be..stop being sheep.

^ Feel free to eat the troll bait, tell me I'm wrong etc but in the end, it's a game, pk, get the jump, gank, spend your daddys credit cards and buy +12s etc. In the end you win some you lose some. b:kiss
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

er didnt pikachu beat the hell out of raichu in the actual series though? (vs lt surge)
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    er didnt pikachu beat the hell out of raichu in the actual series though? (vs lt surge)

Pikachu used nonexistant wallhax to do it.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If you want the overly-simplified rock-paper-scissors of classes it would be this:

Evasion classes beat Melee classes because they evades the Melee classes' blows while rarely missing with their own attacks.
    Melee classes beat Magic classes due to the normally low HP and PDef of Magic classes.
    Magic classes beat Evasion classes because magic attacks are ranged and never miss and Evasion classes usually have lower HP than Melee classes.

Obviously it's far more complicated than that, especially since you can make various builds (like LA clerics and such) and some buffs and skills help counter some of that, but it is a kind of rock-paper-scissors that's built into the game mechanics.

Straight from the horse's mouth.
    As you see here folks.

Wizards/Clerics/AA Venos/Mystics/Psychics all have the advantage over Assassins.
    Except.. notonly do they not,
    Assassins CAN evade magic

DERP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hahahahahahah1
    hahahahahahah1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

By end game evasion does not matter much anymore.
    Magic classes actually have a disadvantage against evasion classes. To go into detail it depends on the specific class. Assuming players are equally geared and skilled.
    Aren't you the wiki guy, you are supposed to be well informed about the game.b:surrender
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Straight from the horse's mouth.
    As you see here folks.

Wizards/Clerics/AA Venos/Mystics/Psychics all have the advantage over Assassins.
    Except.. notonly do they not,
    Assassins CAN evade magic

DERP
    "Derp" indeed. On your part, that is.

Missed the part that says, "Obviously it's far more complicated than that, [...] skills help counter some of that [...]" etc.?
    By end game evasion does not matter much anymore.
    Magic classes actually have a disadvantage against evasion classes. To go into detail it depends on the specific class. Assuming players are equally geared and skilled.
    Aren't you the wiki guy, you are supposed to be well informed about the game.b:surrender

For crying out loud people, learn to read. And read not just some of the words, but all of the words.

I clearly stated that the reality wasn't as simple as that, just that it was an underlying mechanic that had a rock-paper-scissors aspect to it. I even clarified that more in a second post, and you still don't get it? Yeesh. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)