Pvp Video Rome vs JasonPirrott

Options

Comments

• Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Glitching BM skills, Is an exploit and as such is cheating something i will never do in a game i dont need to win that badly i know alot of people do it even in my own faction and trust me i have expressed my distaste i also wont pvp with or against someone who does IMO if you cant get it done legit and need to sploit u fail simple as that i wont even do it in pve no matter how much my squad QQ's 5 aps +12 2nd caste claws arent enuff dmg for ya .... get someone else.

This glitch has been known for many years and developers have had the chance to fix it for many years. It has, however, not been. Watch videos of TWs from all different official PW servers (PW-CN, PW-TW, PW-MY) and notice the free use of skill cancels. Never do the other side cry fowl nor do they report exploitation. It is a bug, yes, but it has become more of a feature.

This timing "glitch", induced by poor programing, has been accepted as a part of the game and an important aspect of PvP. BM's aren't the only class that can skill cancel - even mages crit cancel with sage BIDS, and clerics can purify their own Ironguard stun. Skill-cancelling can be considered a more advanced display of skill (as opposed to keyboard mashing) as the timing required to get it down takes practice. One can compare it to attack cancels in fighting games or air dashes which require more precise timing than just spamming buttons. In other words, it is not an easy task for the unskilled PvPer, and thus is accepted and rewarded.

Besides, the advantage of such an "exploit" is usually very minimal in most situations. Your argument is no more valid than arguing that you demand all your 5aps all get a wizard's Frostbite buff in FC, cause its the same result essentially in PvE. You would know this, of course, if you even bothered experimenting with skill cancelling and realizing that in ordinary situations, the minor edge gained usually isn't worth the effort.

The only reason I pointed it out earlier is that Rome had physical marrow on the entire time, meaning that if his opponent knew anything about advanced fist PvP, he would have tried to glitch drake breath bash (which, in this particular situation, would have given him a HUGE edge and easily finish the fight). Heck, he doesn't even need to try to glitch it - just using the skill alone without a cancel will easily rip apart Rome in a few seconds (135% from demon DBB is just scary). In fact, that skill alone is unnecessary - just farm a few low level herbs and make a basic wood damage pot.

Not using tricks like these (if you know them) doesn't prove that you're too good to have to rely on "cheap tricks". It only shows lack of PvP experience or knowledge.

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RawStyIer - Harshlands
    RawStyIer - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah right you talk too much -.-
    Fire glitch + wood pot is a must for fist WR vs WR so stop being an idiot desifail
    and dont act liek you have much experience.....you dont
  • Dezto - Harshlands
    Dezto - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Fire glitch + wood pot is a must for fist WR vs WR so stop being an idiot desifail

Fail troll is a fail troll.. Faildom please crawl back under the bed you came from and this time, stay there.
    http://pawsru.org/dis/src/dis12361_failtroll.jpg
  • Erzenzia - Harshlands
    Erzenzia - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This glitch has been known for many years and developers have had the chance to fix it for many years. It has, however, not been. Watch videos of TWs from all different official PW servers (PW-CN, PW-TW, PW-MY) and notice the free use of skill cancels. Never do the other side cry fowl nor do they report exploitation. It is a bug, yes, but it has become more of a feature.

This timing "glitch", induced by poor programing, has been accepted as a part of the game and an important aspect of PvP. BM's aren't the only class that can skill cancel - even mages crit cancel with sage BIDS, and clerics can purify their own Ironguard stun. Skill-cancelling can be considered a more advanced display of skill (as opposed to keyboard mashing) as the timing required to get it down takes practice. One can compare it to attack cancels in fighting games or air dashes which require more precise timing than just spamming buttons. In other words, it is not an easy task for the unskilled PvPer, and thus is accepted and rewarded.

Besides, the advantage of such an "exploit" is usually very minimal in most situations. Your argument is no more valid than arguing that you demand all your 5aps all get a wizard's Frostbite buff in FC, cause its the same result essentially in PvE. You would know this, of course, if you even bothered experimenting with skill cancelling and realizing that in ordinary situations, the minor edge gained usually isn't worth the effort.

The only reason I pointed it out earlier is that Rome had physical marrow on the entire time, meaning that if his opponent knew anything about advanced fist PvP, he would have tried to glitch drake breath bash (which, in this particular situation, would have given him a HUGE edge and easily finish the fight). Heck, he doesn't even need to try to glitch it - just using the skill alone without a cancel will easily rip apart Rome in a few seconds (135% from demon DBB is just scary). In fact, that skill alone is unnecessary - just farm a few low level herbs and make a basic wood damage pot.

Not using tricks like these (if you know them) doesn't prove that you're too good to have to rely on "cheap tricks". It only shows lack of PvP experience or knowledge.

~Desiree

Your entire post sounds exactly like every other post in every other MMO where exploits are debated. Defending "sploits" is something i just wont do nor will i use them i simply dont need to win that badly. To imply that glitching skills in pwi in any way requires skill is just ridiculous took me all of 2 mins to learn it all it takes is a fast button press no faster than leaping away from a stunlock. If you like ill use them all on you just to prove it.

It is in no way shape or form any different than duping or any of the other myriad of exploits in games its cheating plain and simple. Please id love to see you explain to me how its in anyway different. Evercrack had a similar sploit for 3 years b4 they fixed it and if they caught you doing it .. banstick came out.

Your last sentence is of particular interest so because i refuse to exploit i lack pvp knowledge and or knowhow? ..... Thats just laughable.
    Originally Posted by Tryagain - Harshlands
    I always was a strong believer that this game took no skill. Then came Valhalla, and proved me wrong.
  • RawStyIer - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Fail troll is a fail troll.. Faildom please crawl back under the bed you came from and this time, stay there.
    http://pawsru.org/dis/src/dis12361_failtroll.jpg

How is it trolling?
    PWI just doesnt have any skilled players, let alone skilled WR's
    Only Rome seems to know to play WR...but hes axe which doesn't really work anymore as PWI is privserver alike.

Dont be sad guy
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Your last sentence is of particular interest so because i refuse to exploit i lack pvp knowledge and or knowhow? ..... Thats just laughable.

And it's coming from someone who believes blue named clerics can res pink/red named PKers.

And no I'm not gonna let you live that down Desiree. b:pleased
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Stepomax - Sanctuary
    Stepomax - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    damn i remember fighting rome waaaaaaaay back when the genies first came out at anglers a mistimed marrow was my downfall damn that thunder genie skill!! this was of course when axes was the only way and anything else was just fail
    Take a look to the sky just before you die!! Its the last time you will!!b:angry
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Erzenzia, I am arguing for it on the basis that I see it more as a "trick" rather than an "exploit". An exploit, per definition, is something that unintentionally gives someone an unbalanced unfair advantage. I would argue that in most cases, the advantage is not game-breaking nor unfair as it is a trick available to all classes with skills that have channeling time.

Is it a "bug"? Yes. But so is, for example, Flesh Ream and various other bugs in the game. Did people QQ about Flesh Ream being an exploit? Yes. Did people get banned for "abusing" it? No. Did the devs do anything about it? Yes they did, but then they change it back after realizing that the community had accepted it as part of the normal gameplay. What I am arguing here is that the cancel glitch is the same. It has been in existance long enough and known and accepted long enough that arguing and saying that you won't use it because you are against "cheating" is a childish argument.

If you declare yourself a purist, however, then I'll give up. I've already learned (from trying to convince some clerics, for example, that FAC are silly) that I can't win such debates.

...what? That's exactly what my post said...
    I have played WR before (on a private server and a bit here too), axe and fist. I just prefer to play veno because this server lacks venos in TW (the only PvP which I really care about).

On a side note, I find your YouTube comment amusing. I agree, I should have Ironwooded more, but laughing at me for using demon frost scarab? Indeed, some veno here really doesn't know her class <3

And it's coming from someone who believes blue named clerics can res pink/red named PKers.

And no I'm not gonna let you live that down Desiree. b:pleased

lol, you realize that I was referring to myself, right? Ever since when do you see me red-named xD I just wait it out til I'm back to white named and a nearby blue named cleric resses me ; )

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Using a game coded failure as a regular feature of the game is different from modding the game for self exploitation, because code failure gives everyone the same advantage, and is nothing on the player's part. Your logic is invalid.

Any class can cancel cast, only those who know how to use it truly know the insides and out of their class.

When every class uses it as a regular feature, and you don't, that's just not utilizing a feature of the game. Justifying it as an exploit is just a horrible excuse to defend their ignorance and lack of skill. GMs/Devs have never recognized it as an exploit, have never taken action against it, have never attempted to "fix" it. This is just player QQ; not a GM/Game defined exploit.

Nix bleed was bugged for years and still is, yet I don't see the 10,000s of venos banned for using nixes in PvP.

People who duped medals weren't banned, in fact GMs allowed it as a feature of the game.

It's like people who lose in PvP cry OP cash shopped gears. People who don't know the insides and out of their class cry exploit. b:bye
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • EmoWDF - Harshlands
    EmoWDF - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    using A Game Coded Failure As A Regular Feature Of The Game Is Different From Modding The Game For Self Exploitation, Because Code Failure Gives Everyone The Same Advantage, And Is Nothing On The Player's Part. Your Logic Is Invalid.

Any Class Can Cancel Cast, Only Those Who Know How To Use It Truly Know The Insides And Out Of Their Class.

When Every Class Uses It As A Regular Feature, And You Don't, That's Just Not Utilizing A Feature Of The Game. Justifying It As An Exploit Is Just A Horrible Excuse To Defend Their Ignorance And Lack Of Skill. Gms/devs Have Never Recognized It As An Exploit, Have Never Taken Action Against It, Have Never Attempted To "fix" It. This Is Just Player Qq; Not A Gm/game Defined Exploit.

Nix Bleed Was Bugged For Years And Still Is, Yet I Don't See The 10,000s Of Venos Banned For Using Nixes In Pvp.

People Who Duped Medals Weren't Banned, In Fact Gms Allowed It As A Feature Of The Game.

It's Like People Who Lose In Pvp Cry Op Cash Shopped Gears. People Who Don't Know The Insides And Out Of Their Class Cry Exploit. B:bye

+1 .
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    PRO stun lockin by Jason
    LOL @ auto attackin repeatedly, really? going from pro stun lockin to no brainer auto attack?

and hands down to Rome, whenever he hitted was like "zomg Jason is toasted"

Also... I like the chat were someone goes "I'm staying factionless until they (Catalyst) let me in"

and btw whats with all this glitchin BM skills and stuff? like... seriously? been playing for over 2 years, it's a part of the game. get over it
  • RawStyIer - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nvm

/10chars
  • Applequest - Harshlands
    Applequest - Harshlands Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Axe BM's For Life Bro. Good to see Eric Roman Still has it.

Also. Can we please just have a video thread that doesnt require people coming out the woodwork babbling opinions on how to play a BM. Yes APS blew all skills out the window now any idiot can +12 something have 5 aps and a rank 9 ring and be considered "pro" if you werent rocking +5 calamities in the old days then dont speak on skills brah
  • RawStyIer - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    says the most csed BM?
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i love how ppl have so much time to actually give bm 101 lessons lmao...
    wtb more free time, i think not even Rome has looked at this video

..Rome imo is harshlands #1 BM, heres the prob...looks like he dont give a fakk about keeping up with gear anymore, maybe he did recast his axes, SO? if you look at the armor its almost about the same as it was when Zulu started.

-Give Rome at least nirvana armor not even r9..and with his axes...HE WILL NOT BE DROPED.

Hint: just because bms dont pvp like you do , does not mean you are better.....some of us like str genies, some of us like dex genies..so what?

-As for the glitches i could care less, some bms use that fire glitch and still get their salad tossedddd,
    the only glitch that is complete BS , is the one where sin bypasses your charm coming out of stealth

PS. WTB HARSHLAND VS ANY OTHER SERVER ..[for fun ofc]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Clearly I am the most knowledgeable about BMs and you all should listen to me and be impressed by my vastly superior skill and knowledge.

Fight would've been much easier if Jason pulled out a sword and used Mage Bane, then switched back to fists. Then Rome's channeling would've been slowed enough that Jason could interrupt all the stuns with Shadowless Kick.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Axe BM's For Life Bro. Good to see Eric Roman Still has it.

Also. Can we please just have a video thread that doesnt require people coming out the woodwork babbling opinions on how to play a BM. Yes APS blew all skills out the window now any idiot can +12 something have 5 aps and a rank 9 ring and be considered "pro" if you werent rocking +5 calamities in the old days then dont speak on skills brah

Some of us were rocking in +3 calamities in the old days before your server existed. And not really, BMs actually take skill to play effectively. One wrong stun-lock, one missed leap, or one missed marrow will make even a +12 BM quite vulnerable. My +7 +8 gear and +10 weapon is usually enough to drop one of those.
    i love how ppl have so much time to actually give bm 101 lessons lmao...
    wtb more free time, i think not even Rome has looked at this video

..Rome imo is harshlands #1 BM, heres the prob...looks like he dont give a fakk about keeping up with gear anymore, maybe he did recast his axes, SO? if you look at the armor its almost about the same as it was when Zulu started.

-Give Rome at least nirvana armor not even r9..and with his axes...HE WILL NOT BE DROPED.

Hint: just because bms dont pvp like you do , does not mean you are better.....some of us like str genies, some of us like dex genies..so what?

-As for the glitches i could care less, some bms use that fire glitch and still get their salad tossedddd,
    the only glitch that is complete BS , is the one where sin bypasses your charm coming out of stealth

PS. WTB HARSHLAND VS ANY OTHER SERVER ..[for fun ofc]

You realize the only difference between a fist BM and an axe BM build is like a 100 stat points right? Last I checked, 1.5K HP is a non factor difference in PvP. Rome just had massive gear advantage; I would say they were equally skilled. Granted Jason does not know how to cancel cast, I'm willing to bet if he was equal geared, Rome would have been rolled. Pure DPH is utter stupidity. How can anyone expect to kill a well geared HA with axes? I'd really like to see axes even tick my charm with my 13K HP and 25K phys def marrowed.

• Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options

You realize the only difference between a fist BM and an axe BM build is like a 100 stat points right? Last I checked, 1.5K HP is a non factor difference in PvP. Rome just had massive gear advantage; I would say they were equally skilled. Granted Jason does not know how to cancel cast, I'm willing to bet if he was equal geared, Rome would have been rolled. Pure DPH is utter stupidity. How can anyone expect to kill a well geared HA with axes? I'd really like to see axes even tick my charm with my 13K HP and 25K phys def marrowed.

Just real quick, and I don't mean this to be offensive: why the hell are you on our server forum?

And just wanted to mention Rome is in TT99 gear. I know people always assume the best players have the best gear, but nah, dude is in TT99 gear. His axes were only recently improved and that's the best thing he's got. Don't remember what Jason's gear is, but it's at LEAST equal quality.

You'd have to fight against or alongside Rome to get why people call him "(one of) the best." I love fighting alongside him because he's one of the few players I can depend on to stun my opponent when I really need rescuing. Hell, the sheer fact that everyone is under the impression that Rome has amazing end-game gear just goes to show how good the guy is.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just real quick, and I don't mean this to be offensive: why the hell are you on our server forum?

And just wanted to mention Rome is in TT99 gear. I know people always assume the best players have the best gear, but nah, dude is in TT99 gear. His axes were only recently improved and that's the best thing he's got. Don't remember what Jason's gear is, but it's at LEAST equal quality.

You'd have to fight against or alongside Rome to get why people call him "(one of) the best." I love fighting alongside him because he's one of the few players I can depend on to stun my opponent when I really need rescuing. Hell, the sheer fact that everyone is under the impression that Rome has amazing end-game gear just goes to show how good the guy is.

I don't actively look at your forum; I just click Today's Post at the top of the forum and look at interesting titles. I don't normally post here, but just looking at the thread title and OP, it would have technically qualified for the Blademaster forum in my eyes, and thus I found my presence relevant.

I never questioned Rome or Jason's skill; I just questioned Rome's set up (AKA build) in 1v1. They know how to stun-lock and leap, I'll give them that. Good at supporting in Mass PvP? Believable, as axes excel in mass PvP due to AoEs.

But when it comes to 1v1, I find Rome's pure axe set up quite iffy considering damage output is significantly lower (DPS wise) for axes than fists. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't use axes in 1v1, but for most end-game BMs; fists are the primary and axes are the secondary weapon to close a stun-lock loop with drake bash and continue damage output with fists.

I can see why an Axe BM might qualify for a better role in mass PvP; however, a mixed fist / axe BM would be more qualified for a 1v1 situation.

My views of being qualified for "Overall Best BM" would be equally balanced in mass PvP and also 1v1, but that's just my definition.

• Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Dan seems like the kind of guy that only uses fists. trolololol
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Dan seems like the kind of guy that only uses fists. trolololol

Umm no, I was a pure sage axe blademaster pre-anni packs myself, up until I was level 102. I went through all the old school calamity axe PvP stages and learning the basics of perma stun-locking with axes and leap kiting. I was PvPing since 4x in like October of 08. After anni packs I was a 5aps sage with axes (GX's) still being my most highly refined weapon even though I had deicides and eventually switched to TT100s, GX's remained my highest refined weapon.

After the celestial schism mold update came out, I converted from sage to demon, and re-learned all my skills. I only went sage in the first place because at the time, the skillbooks for demon were not in-game so I figured I'd go for free chi. Keep in mind, post-anni packs when skill books became readily available, I converted to demon for the main reason for axe skills in PvP, not fist skills, as I was already 5aps sage. 7.5 second stun from drake bash, 9 second HF, increased slow effect from fissure, Roar of Pride never misses and reduced cool-down.

Axes have always been the primary weapon in mass PvP for me, and fists have always been the primary weapon in 1v1. This is common sense.

I got my GOF G15 axes long before I got my G15 fists, so it's pretty clear what kind of play style I use considering I know the insides and out of each build and each cultivation.

• Woneo - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So... Why are you posting on our forum?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So... Why are you posting on our forum?
    I don't actively look at your forum; I just click Today's Post at the top of the forum and look at interesting titles. I don't normally post here, but just looking at the thread title and OP, it would have technically qualified for the Blademaster forum in my eyes, and thus I found my presence relevant.

/...facepalm

Edit: I just read your signature and I...

/facepalmedagain

• Rome - Harshlands
    Rome - Harshlands Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol Marca you actually posted this video xD im embarrased. man a fun lil pvp session that we were having turns out to be on the forums. everyone "oh he is so good" "oh he needs to this", "oh why didnt he do this" "omg if i were him id do so much better", man it was for fun, i didnt even know it was being frapsed until marca told me after lol. cant everyone just enjoy the video and not be critics on it? thanks and enjoy
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol Marca you actually posted this video xD im embarrased. man a fun lil pvp session that we were having turns out to be on the forums. everyone "oh he is so good" "oh he needs to this", "oh why didnt he do this" "omg if i were him id do so much better", man it was for fun, i didnt even know it was being frapsed until marca told me after lol. cant everyone just enjoy the video and not be critics on it? thanks and enjoy

This.
    Even in duels Ill admit to doing things like killing someone with a purge pole, not using marrows, leaps, channel canceling etc. People shouldnt assume that because they dont see these things being done that the person is so "unskilled" or "too dumb" as to not use them. It just doesnt always happen 100% of the time for whatever reason.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    @Rome, wtb more fun pvp outside west. those 1v1's were awesome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options

I think the entire debate started when I made the skill cancelling comment (not using DBB while you had phys marrow on was just too big of a flag to me). Its hard restraining myself these days when I see so many sins and BMs rely on autoattacking in PvP (and sometimes win due to gear difference). My bad b:surrender

For myself at least, its pretty clear that you were just PvPing for fun. Don't think I've ever seen you or any other BM pull out a purge pole in serious PvP b:chuckle

On a side note, EmoWDF told me that he wants me to FRAPS a friendly 1v1 between you and him. I rarely have the time log on in-game anymore, so talk to him and once you have a time, letme know so I can schedule for it ; P

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Applequest - Harshlands
    Applequest - Harshlands Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    says the most csed BM?
    Funny how im NOT the most CSed BM
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Funny how im NOT the most CSed BM

This is;

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=xayw44&s=7

Apparently this takes up about 5% of the worth of his bank.
    And his full +12
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

your mexican omg go mow my lawn