Pvp Video Rome vs JasonPirrott

Options
MarcA - Harshlands
MarcA - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Dawnglory (EU)
Meh a few people asked me to post this here. Excuse the crappy camera angles its my first time recording:) Made this video for lolz so plz no flaming, feel free to leave a comment if you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZRQFdPVhlQ

Enjoy :)
"Know that although in the eternal scheme of things you are small, you are
also unique and irreplaceable, as are all your fellow humans everywhere in the world."
-Margaret Laurence
Post edited by MarcA - Harshlands on

Comments

• Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Jason is pretty damn good, but with that hp rome can kill him pretty fast if he gets stun locked. Good video though, didnt know BM vs BM can be fun to watch lol
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    good stun locks, although jason probably should have come up with a new strategy after the 5th or so failed attempt at stun lock + auto attack. Still entertaining though :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    good stun locks, although jason probably should have come up with a new strategy after the 5th or so failed attempt at stun lock + auto attack. Still entertaining though :P

I was thinking what about that fist ultimate that adds lesser fire damage. Did he use it? Hell I'm no BM so I dunno if that fire damage is worth a darn, but wtf fire damage on physical marrow...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I was thinking what about that fist ultimate that adds lesser fire damage. Did he use it? Hell I'm no BM so I dunno if that fire damage is worth a darn, but wtf fire damage on physical marrow...

I've heard alot of bms say its a great way to increase damage. Could also try demon GS for the crit or something, although Rome was targetted for most the video.. so jason could have been doing some w/o it being super obvious (I wasn't really paying that much attention). I dunno, I'd assume a good stun lock + 5aps would kill most people, but when it fails over and over.. its time to adjust your strategy imo lol.
  • MarcA - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ya afterwards i realized i should've had Rome in squad and targetted Jason.. but live and learn. Glad u guys enjoyed it :)
    also unique and irreplaceable, as are all your fellow humans everywhere in the world."
    -Margaret Laurence
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I dunno, I'd assume a good stun lock + 5aps would kill most people, but when it fails over and over.. its time to adjust your strategy imo lol.

Or you could do what I do and role a self-destruct class, run into a crowd of HA opponents and sins, yell "ALLAH HU AKBAR" and blow yourself up. Saves a lot of time, ijs.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Or you could do what I do and role a self-destruct class, run into a crowd of HA opponents and sins, yell "ALLAH HU AKBAR" and blow yourself up. Saves a lot of time, ijs.

Isn't that basically the thought process behind the wizard skill Emberstorm?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MarcA - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No i drop from the sky yelling "Look out DIVE BOMBER" before i emberstorm mass amounts of people...
    -Margaret Laurence
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No i drop from the sky yelling "Look out DIVE BOMBER" before i emberstorm mass amounts of people...

Yeah and the wizard lives.

Psy just takes a bunch of people down with them and doesn't give a f@$%. b:cool
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This video makes me lose complete faith in fist BMs these days. >_<

Where are the Drake Breath Bash/Cyclone Heel/Glacial Spike cancels? Where are the elemental pots? 10s+ stunlocks?

I was quite surprised Rome decided to chance the risk of having physical marrow on the entire time after the second round, but he predicted right it seems. Once I saw the purge pole come out though, I immediately knew that he was just playing around and having fun ; )

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dezto - Harshlands
    Dezto - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Go watch omgpie (cheze' BM on LC, the sin that soloed harpy) 1vs1 videos on MageFizban channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MageFizbanPWI

His combo is always the same: roar - dd - glitch - drake bash - dd = dead.

He double glitches cyclone and drake's breath bash.
    How to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHM4_SX_aZU

Oh and if you are going to 1 vs. 1 a BM make sure you have a full dex genie with badge of courage which makes or brakes the fight.. the one with badge of courage wins 95% of the time, ijs.

@ MarcA great video, we can always have more pvp videos but here is a good way so we (the viewer) can see what is going on: squad one of them and have the other selected, that way we can see both's statuses at the same time.
  • MarcA - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    @Desiree - Ya its a bit depressing that alot of the newer BM's never had the chance to develop the skill that the older ones have.. no offense meant but back when axe was the ONLY way to go there was a different level of skill involved in playing a bm. You can see this when Rome fights, not just in this video, but vs. anyone. Haha ya the purge stick is sooooo Rome xD

@Dezto - Watched the videos (ty for the link). haha thats interesting with the glitched attacks! My genie has Fortify AND BoC on it. Those mixed with a vacuity every now and then and i can't be held still except by sins who i can't see coming. And for sure! next video will be a bit differant thanks for the tips :)
    -Margaret Laurence
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Where are the Drake Breath Bash/Cyclone Heel/Glacial Spike cancels? Where are the elemental pots? 10s+ stunlocks?

I was quite surprised Rome decided to chance the risk of having physical marrow on the entire time after the second round, but he predicted right it seems. Once I saw the purge pole come out though, I immediately knew that he was just playing around and having fun ; )

~Desiree

i agree figthing with Axes is a lost art that died with APS b:surrender
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i agree figthing with Axes is a lost art that died with APS b:surrender

"JUST SPARK BATTLE ME BRO!! WHY YOU RUN WHEN I SPARK ANTI STUN? JUST SPARK BATTLE ME BRO."

Ch'lawl.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    "JUST SPARK BATTLE ME BRO!! WHY YOU RUN WHEN I SPARK ANTI STUN? JUST SPARK BATTLE ME BRO."

Ch'lawl.
    did nyxyo steal your pc?

Meh. Always liked rome and his axes. Good job to both I guess.

Cute dmg log btw marc<3
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

~Desiree

^ This

A good watch I must say, considering BM v. BM can be really boring and redundant. I was waiting for some Cancel Casts though...at least somewhere o.o Pure tank BM versus 5.0...good fights!!

But as always Rome b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Go watch omgpie (cheze' BM on LC, the sin that soloed harpy) 1vs1 videos on MageFizban channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MageFizbanPWI

His combo is always the same: roar - dd - glitch - drake bash - dd = dead.

He double glitches cyclone and drake's breath bash.
    How to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHM4_SX_aZU

Oh and if you are going to 1 vs. 1 a BM make sure you have a full dex genie with badge of courage which makes or brakes the fight.. the one with badge of courage wins 95% of the time, ijs.

@ MarcA great video, we can always have more pvp videos but here is a good way so we (the viewer) can see what is going on: squad one of them and have the other selected, that way we can see both's statuses at the same time.

You need a genie with not only Badge, but fortify as well. Badge has a 30 second cool down which makes you vulnerable half the time considering DB and RoP 15 sec and 13.5 cool-down respectively.

Sometimes watching these videos makes me question the skill level of most BMs on any server... PvP and PvE. I didn't see any DBB CC throughout the entire video, no Bolt when the enemy was locked in the air, and no whirlwind to loop stun lock with smack.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ^ His pro tips are essentially based on fists. Rome doesn't even on fists. On his bm.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Jason Jason Jason. This is embarrassing. Rome drops very fast in 1v1 if you know WTF you are doing.

Bullsht. And how do you expect to kill a competent BM within 6 seconds? A good BM is very hard to stunlock due to leaps. It's what Calvin did wrong against Omgpie. He had a pure DEX genie and still got stunlocked, yet didn't have Occult Ice to overlap with stuns.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Calvin's a competent BM, I'll give him that; he's doing most of the right tricks, but he has the wrong set up.

Calvin's a sage BM; that's his biggest mistake. Sage BMs need occult ice more than anyone because their drake bash is only 6 seconds, and their RoP takes longer to CD and can miss. Sage Phys marrow literally drops Mage def to 0, whereas demon marrow leaves Mage def at 1K ish when self buff fighting in 1v1. Demon DBB of 135% rips through a 0 mage def sage phys marrowed BM.

Demon BMs get the upper edge as they can get around another BM's fortify / badge by killing them in a DBB 7.5 sec stun drake bash immediately after their charm tick and go full out DD. I like to consider demon drake bash just as deadly as headhunt. 7.5 s and 8 s.

Stun-lock is impossible when competent BMs can fortfiy and badge then leap out of it, so a Demon BM is more likely to to drop another HA without stun lock.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Dezto - Harshlands
    Dezto - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Bullsht. And how do you expect to kill a competent BM within 6 seconds? A good BM is very hard to stunlock due to leaps. It's what Calvin did wrong against Omgpie. He had a pure DEX genie and still got stunlocked, yet didn't have Occult Ice to overlap with stuns.

What in gods name are you talking about? If it's something about omgpie vs. Calvin I can't watch that because of stupid copyright..

All I said is that Badge of courage is essential to escape a stunlock from a BM that knows what he is doing. Look at the video OP posted, don't you think Rome and Jason were spamming leaps when they got stunlocked?

Even if the opposite BM hits his stuns 100% at the right time, every time, using badge of courage (+ fortify like Dan said) will give you the upper hand, imo.

Never did I say anything about 6 seconds to kill a BM.. lol?

ps. Occult Ice is useless with a full DEX genie b:sad
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What in gods name are you talking about? If it's something about omgpie vs. Calvin I can't watch that because of stupid copyright..

All I said is that Badge of courage is essential to escape a stunlock from a BM that knows what he is doing. Look at the video OP posted, don't you think Rome and Jason were spamming leaps when they got stunlocked?

Even if the opposite BM hits his stuns 100% at the right time, every time, using badge of courage (+ fortify like Dan said) will give you the upper hand, imo.

Never did I say anything about 6 seconds to kill a BM.. lol?

ps. Occult Ice is useless with a full DEX genie b:sad

Occult Ice is what I meant. With a full DEX genie you can't use Occult Ice, and that's why Calvin couldn't keep omgpie stunlocked long enough to kill him. Yes I'm pretty sure both were spamming leaps, but then again both had Occult Ice to overlap, which counters leaps. Without Occult Ice, it will be much easier to leap out of the stunlock in the fraction of a second between two stuns.

I have Badge on my PvP genie and it's a pure STR genie. It's only 40% but does ok as a last resort. I'm not going to give up Occult Ice and strong Mire for Badge.
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So terrible.
  • Erzenzia - Harshlands
    Erzenzia - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Couple things i agree bm's were alot better before the aps craze i used to be an axe/vit bm and it was a ton of fun with all the skills avail to me thats part of the reason im heading back in that direction. Not dropping my dex but i will be using 2 different gear sets depending on whats on the menu. Im much better as an axe bm than fists i try harder with fists lol i dnt bother to even try and SL im in it for the fight not the outcome TW.... well thats a different story im coming at you with everything i got.

Rome. Taught me how to play my bm the 1 thing he stressed was patience and you can see how patient he is when he pvp's he never bugs out or panic's and he has his SL DOWN !! hes also been playing a bm since god knows when experience is king.

Glitching BM skills, Is an exploit and as such is cheating something i will never do in a game i dont need to win that badly i know alot of people do it even in my own faction and trust me i have expressed my distaste i also wont pvp with or against someone who does IMO if you cant get it done legit and need to sploit u fail simple as that i wont even do it in pve no matter how much my squad QQ's 5 aps +12 2nd caste claws arent enuff dmg for ya .... get someone else.
    Originally Posted by Tryagain - Harshlands
    I always was a strong believer that this game took no skill. Then came Valhalla, and proved me wrong.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Occult Ice is what I meant. With a full DEX genie you can't use Occult Ice, and that's why Calvin couldn't keep omgpie stunlocked long enough to kill him. Yes I'm pretty sure both were spamming leaps, but then again both had Occult Ice to overlap, which counters leaps. Without Occult Ice, it will be much easier to leap out of the stunlock in the fraction of a second between two stuns.

I have Badge on my PvP genie and it's a pure STR genie. It's only 40% but does ok as a last resort. I'm not going to give up Occult Ice and strong Mire for Badge.

Calvin primarily uses a str genie with occult (although he borrowed a dex genie w/ fortify + badge for one fight.. then went back to his own genie), and omgpie only used a fortify + badge genie. There are different genie builds that work (as well as cultis), so saying one option is the only way is just silly imo.

@Erzenzia - I get the impression you don't "glitch" bm skills because you don't know how to.
  • Taarna - Harshlands
    Taarna - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this wat i saw, ok ok, rome conform to old school axe style, no occult ice at all, but didnt really see him use genie at all, think seen absolute once, but if he aint like occult ice cause ore fun to use skill of stun lock, throw in balance spam, prevent alot of stunlock witout having to burn a spark, but ye axes ftw, leave fists to pve^^
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this wat i saw, ok ok, rome conform to old school axe style, no occult ice at all, but didnt really see him use genie at all, think seen absolute once, but if he aint like occult ice cause ore fun to use skill of stun lock, throw in balance spam, prevent alot of stunlock witout having to burn a spark, but ye axes ftw, leave fists to pve^^

Of course Rome uses Occult Ice. Jason sure didn't Occult Ice himself on 2:23 in the video.
  • Taarna - Harshlands
    Taarna - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Of course Rome uses Occult Ice. Jason sure didn't Occult Ice himself on 2:23 in the video.

lolz well iant see that, i guess, cause i seen rome stunlocked 95% the vid, then porrit die when he wasnt lolz, but ye now think bout it seen him use once when was hittin him wit the pike
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    Garaver - Harshlands Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    A few days ago I had the chance to do some axe pvp against Rome and it's truly a pleasure that's rare to enjoy nowadays on the server, great vid and hats off to Rome, best bm on the server hands down, showing that we sage axe bms rule xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Semi-quit the game, I'm very busy nowadays
    -Former member of Kylin
    -Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • EmoWDF - Harshlands
    EmoWDF - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Glitching BM skills, Is an exploit and as such is cheating something i will never do in a game i dont need to win that badly i know alot of people do it even in my own faction and trust me i have expressed my distaste i also wont pvp with or against someone who does IMO if you cant get it done legit and need to sploit u fail simple as that i wont even do it in pve no matter how much my squad QQ's 5 aps +12 2nd caste claws arent enuff dmg for ya .... get someone else.[/QUOTE]

lol erz. we dont have +12 recasted claws . we dont have r9 rings . and if u dont knw. its not a cheat...ppl say cheat just bcz of they donno how to do it. its call skills.. and only way of beating rome is in that way.
    btw 70% of time jason had the stun lock..u just need to know abt gliching bro. good stun locking just not enough dmg to down rome.
    good fight both :)