TW Archive and Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    3 for 3, cause we Boss. <3

Side note, some cleric stuns herself with an IG with 5 people around her and her Cata kitty.... its moments like this that I wana /facepalm
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    3 for 3, cause we Boss. <3

Side note, some cleric stuns herself with an IG with 5 people around her and her Cata kitty.... its moments like this that I wana /facepalm

You guys won all three without me?

Cool, then I can hate my "vacation" and remind myself why I left the USA without having to worry about CJr.

BTW, free chocolate cake with every order of a bucket of chicken at KFC? Wtf USA...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    You guys won all three without me?

Cool, then I can hate my "vacation" and remind myself why I left the USA without having to worry about CJr.

BTW, free chocolate cake with every order of a bucket of chicken at KFC? Wtf USA...
    Did you expext us not to? we're CrimsonJr *****

well 2 were kinda wined, kylinJr again and Heaven, who had like 5 people at TW or something, so we played with BL a bit, then we all split into the two other wars and were competing to get the kills on whoever ran into range....

fxck sage archer range >.>

Eewwwwww >.> way to remind me why I like Europe more when I'll going to the states in 3 days....also I figured I'd get caught up on american culture so I watched Vevo videos...... I'm never doing that again..... soo many ****ty songs.....
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Did you expext us not to? we're CrimsonJr *****

well 2 were kinda wined, kylinJr again and Heaven, who had like 5 people at TW or something, so we played with BL a bit, then we all split into the two other wars and were competing to get the kills on whoever ran into range....

fxck sage archer range >.>

Eewwwwww >.> way to remind me why I like Europe more when I'll going to the states in 3 days....also I figured I'd get caught up on american culture so I watched Vevo videos...... I'm never doing that again..... soo many ****ty songs.....

No I was just wondering if I was important or not.b:sad

Bloodline is led by a sin. Nuff said. You guys had that in the bag before it even started.
    What about the rest of the map? Who bid on Bloodline? Looked like someone else won the bid and then lost, like a boss.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No I was just wondering if I was important or not.b:sad

Bloodline is led by a sin. Nuff said. You guys had that in the bag before it even started.
    What about the rest of the map? Who bid on Bloodline? Looked like someone else won the bid and then lost, like a boss.

You're important, but like you said it was led by a sin, TW was handed to us on a silver platter. Also Nyv & Swag weren't there. I mean sending all your catas with no support down a & c is stupid, and that was done often. also 2 of their cata barbs dont exactly like me and I got joker to switch forms right as the cavalry arrived <3

Um yea we lost the bid on BL, DuMass got, wasn't paying attention to the map but seems they got stacked and the TW for BL's area is tommorow. But rumor has it that BL has a lot of Dumass PCs so maybe its a fake bid? Dunno though.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    You're important, but like you said it was led by a sin, TW was handed to us on a silver platter. Also Nyv & Swag weren't there. I mean sending all your catas with no support down a & c is stupid, and that was done often. also 2 of their cata barbs dont exactly like me and I got joker to switch forms right as the cavalry arrived <3

Um yea we lost the bid on BL, DuMass got, wasn't paying attention to the map but seems they got stacked and the TW for BL's area is tommorow. But rumor has it that BL has a lot of Dumass PCs so maybe its a fake bid? Dunno though.

The only highlight was I ****ed with a balloon in vent and killed everyone ears
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The only highlight was I ****ed with a balloon in vent and killed everyone ears

you're globaly muted >.>
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options

I lol'ed

and post more videos
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Omen - Harshlands
    Omen - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
  • mccarthyjenny
    mccarthyjenny Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    [[URL="[img]http://www.webcam-steamate.com/cookies/42/b/happy.gif[/img]"]Happy[/URL]

A lot of people say Launcher pro and other 3rd part launchers are a smooth as TW but its a false smooth. In order to be smooth they must use a high CPU clock speed which chews up the battery. TW uses the GPU to make it fast and smooth. Underclock your CPU to 500mHz and try LP etc. and compare them to TW. TW will still run smooth but 3rd party launchers will stutter.
    Indeed, but with ics the ui is hardware accelerated so the advantage of tw is lost
    unless they make a real improvement from the leaked alpha to final, its almost certain that ill stick with cm9 when the time comes....
    Initially I didn't like TouchWiz because of its rather iPhone-ish icons which in my opinion looked pretty bad on the original SGS which had an older version of TouchWiz.

After trying it out myself, though, I've gotten used to it and am starting to like it more than LP because of the ability to resize widgets and so on.

i personally use adw ex and its pretty good no lags, lacks some tw options but have plenty of room for customization, and goes great with ics 1.6 theme by the great vert XD
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    [[URL="[img]http://www.webcam-steamate.com/cookies/42/b/happy.gif[/img]"]Happy[/URL]

A lot of people say Launcher pro and other 3rd part launchers are a smooth as TW but its a false smooth. In order to be smooth they must use a high CPU clock speed which chews up the battery. TW uses the GPU to make it fast and smooth. Underclock your CPU to 500mHz and try LP etc. and compare them to TW. TW will still run smooth but 3rd party launchers will stutter.
    Indeed, but with ics the ui is hardware accelerated so the advantage of tw is lost
    unless they make a real improvement from the leaked alpha to final, its almost certain that ill stick with cm9 when the time comes....
    Initially I didn't like TouchWiz because of its rather iPhone-ish icons which in my opinion looked pretty bad on the original SGS which had an older version of TouchWiz.

After trying it out myself, though, I've gotten used to it and am starting to like it more than LP because of the ability to resize widgets and so on.

i personally use adw ex and its pretty good no lags, lacks some tw options but have plenty of room for customization, and goes great with ics 1.6 theme by the great vert XD

How the hell did you confuse this with an android forum?
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Ulysses can be hard to understand, but he's right in a lot of ways. You have to realize that this is a guy who, time and time again, has seen young nations destroyed by older ones throughout his lifetime, watching all the same philosophies and ideas dominate the land while the new ideas are crushed before they even have a chance to build up. It's...madness in a way. The definition of madness is supposedly doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, and that's exactly what's been going on in the Mojave. Some people may think Caesar's Legion is the most evil faction in the Mojave, but for what it's worth, that is a nation that's looked at the situation, thought about the problems that lead to the Great War and attempted to address them. It's a nation that's prepping itself for the long term, teaching people how to survive the post-apocalyptic wasteland and trying to address the issue of war head-on by dealing with it immediately, declaring war on everyone until all nations are under one flag and one unified force. Whether you agree with their methods or not, Caesar DID do his homework and thought about the issues at hand. The NCR, by comparison? Has done nothing. They literally just stepped out of the rubble after the Great War and immediately started copying the exact same ideals that led to the Great War. There's nothing wrong with democracy and capitalism itself, but if they were a major force when the Great war happened, then yes, we should probably sit down and give their flaws serious thought instead of rebuilding them up without a second thought. The NCR however seems to be completely void of any deep thinkers, and none of it's loyal citizens within the game ever give you the impression they've put deep thought into WHY they support the NCR. And this is exactly what Ulysses is against. He's willing to launch nukes because he's sick of watching the same **** just repeat itself over and over again without anyone learning from history; he's fighting madness with madness, going to drastic lengths to force the people to wake up and see the issue at hand. You may or may not agree with his methods, but are they understandable? I'd certainly say so.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Because r@pe and enslavement and mindless violence are pr0.

**** the legion.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Because r@pe and enslavement and mindless violence are pr0.

**** the legion.

But again, the Legion is led by a guy who actually looked at the Great War and the post-apocalyptic world and SAW AN ISSUE. House doesn't care about the causes of the Great War or any moral dilemmas and the NCR isn't really putting any thought behind their actions; the Legion actually is. Caesar's training people to be able to survive in the post-apocalyptic world (discourages them from relying on finite, pre-war resources like weaponry and chems, encourages learning to adapt yourself), he's ATTEMPTING to address the issues at hand (though obviously many might agree with his methods), he's trying to teach his people to work towards a common goal while teaching them that greed and consumerist ideals are disgusting things, and he himself is aware of the very criticisms people have. He promotes war because he believes it's inevitable, and rather than trying to fight a losing battle of avoiding it, he's tackling it head-on and mastering the art of war so that he'll win and when the fires die down and only one nation stands, he will call the shots.
    Again, agree or disagree, give him credit for being the only one who's actually trying.
    Same with Ulysses really. His methods are extreme, but he's put a lot of thought into them. He has reasonings behind his actions and he's not some child who made a rash decision; a lot happened and a lot went into the decision he made.

I'm not saying the Legion is this super great faction. I think the slavery aspect is a bit over-exaggerated; yes, the women are servant slaves with no choice, but the men are soldier slaves with no choice. NOBODY has a choice because the Legion's ideals force people into working in positions that benefit the Legion the most rather than letting them make a personal decision. Women are servants because the Legion needs to produce babies for productivity's sake and pregnant women make crappy soldiers, so then men fill the soldier role. Still, obviously the Legion is severely lacking in personal freedoms, which is kind of a big issue, hence why many don't support them, myself included. Another more practical (and in my opinion larger) issue is that Caesar is the one with the vision, others are missing it. Lanius for example is nothing but a zealot for Mars, God of War. He completely missed the memo that the Legion is only promoting war CURRENTLY because Caesar doesn't want any opposing ideals to poison the "purity" of the Legion. Once Caesar dies, it's doubtful someone can carry on his plans correctly without completely misinterpreting them.
    I am saying however that I would actually rank the Legion above the NCR as being a better hope for humanity, since the NCR literally does nothing but copy-paste failed ideas without putting any thought into them, then they stand there with their thumbs up their ***** as history repeats itself.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'd rather go with a voluntary system than forcing people into ****. Yes the NCR has issues with copypasting the past, but at the same time the Legion is doing the exact same thing, they both fell in their former versions.

I grant the legion their method works, getting laid by r@pe works too, but it's unacceptable in execution.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'd rather go with a voluntary system than forcing people into ****. Yes the NCR has issues with copypasting the past, but at the same time the Legion is doing the exact same thing, they both fell in their former versions.

I grant the legion their method works, getting laid by r@pe works too, but it's unacceptable in execution.

The Legion is, though they're at least TRYING and making an effort to distance themselves from the past that was immediately responsible for the Great war. Hence, why I think Ulysses sympathizes with them and opts not to nuke them while still calling them a doomed nation. He probably doesn't want to nuke good intentions and a nation that at least tried to solve the problem; the NCR on the other hand doesn't even recognize an issue, and thus he sees it as a dangerous nation that's hindering the growth of new ideas, all while not actually moving forward in a long-term sense.
    I'm sort of in the same boat as Ulysses. Hell, with the Courier as well, in a sense. I know New Vegas lets you make any character you like, but I think they did a fabulous job of creating a protagonist who's a blank slate, but isn't. The whole game seems to suggest Independent Vegas to me, and the story feels like a coming of age story, where the Courier realizes the impact he has on the world and finally starts taking responsibility for it instead of running from it and simply living day by day.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited April 2012
    Options
    To paragraph 1, yes, but that's the very top. People lower down the chain understand quite well how their method isn't perfect. The courier gains (Or can do) such respect that they can start laying changes into the NCR and make them work for the better.

In addition, if you've ever killed Caiser (**** that spelling lol) (I assume you've done many re-runs to explore like I have), you'll see how abruptly the legion falls apart. And unless you specifically help him it's again doomed to die within a few years because he has a brain tumor or somthing like that. the NCR might not be the best way of going at it, but it doesn't hinge on one single person to continue.

To paragraph 2, I agree almost entirely. I tend to waver between NCR and Independant Vegas on runs where I'm not aiming for a particular ending combination / am playing as do what I'd do irl however.
  • Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Geez Long... I never thought of Caesar's Legion that away... ._.

I still need to finish the legion storyline...
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options

The best way to understand them is to do a Legion playthrough, and I mean to the letter. Don't use stimpacks, don't use Radaway, don't use chems. Guns are fine, but take the unarmed and melee perks, both as a limitation and honestly, with time you'll find they're just plain better and toss every gun you have, cept for a rifle. (preferably with a scope) Very hard Hardcore mode is probably the best, as very hard makes it so often times you NEED headshots for instant kills and hardcore adds the weight limit. Might wanna put your STR and Endurance maxed with a high agility too.

Another reason I respect the Legion is because they put thought into every action they make, and you will too if you do a pure Legion playthrough. For instance, if you decide you want to shoot up Camp Golf on an Brotherhood of Steel playthrough or whatever, what do you do? You charge in with guns blazing, tossing grenades and spamming stimpacks and chems. Legion? Legion you heal much slower, your healing items are limited and you want people next to you, as unarmed + all unarmed perks = one VATS round is always a kill. You find yourself actually having to stand back, scout the area carefully, and when you do take a shot. DO. NOT. F**KING. MISS. Or you're dead. You need a headshot for a kill, you need a plan, and if you **** up, you're dead.

But yeah, if you do a Legion playthrough, you notice two things:
    1) You're more self-sufficient. You can live of the land (you have to, without stims and chems) and you can easily complete the game without relying on finite old world technology. So realistically, the Legion is one of the few nations that looks around and says "yep, that's a wasteland" and acts accordingly; House and NCR gladly live in a fantasy world where those things aren't finite, or they cling onto that past and hope to restore ways to produce them.

2) You think more. You can't just go in guns blazing, so you have strategy involved in every step you take. Hell, you'll even feel your aim improving since headshots become a must, since you CANNOT handle crowds of people (food heals too slow and the foods that heal a lot are too seldom, you gotta conserve).
    Simply knowing that the lore suggests every Legion recruit is stuck on the front lines where they adapt or die, I'd imagine all the soldiers you see above recruit rank are technically living the way you do in a Legion playthrough. To me, it feels like the average Legionnaire is simply faster, stronger, smarter, better than the average NCR or Strip citizen.
    If not Caesar, THAT convinces me the Legion is the most likely to survive long-term. The lifestyle of a Legionnaire demands that they put thought into everything they do, which is good. The wastes need more of this. The NCR on the other hand has plenty of people who just wake up, go to work, then go to bed, without having to think much about anything. They're also starved for resources, growing out of proportion and relying on old world tech to get by.

But yeah, do a Legion playthrough. It's like the funnest shet ever.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options

I wish I had vegas right now...or my cousin had vegas cause he has a pretty TV and a ps3 and I'm here for 11 days.

...Q_Q I failed my first blind Nuzlocke on Black b:sad
    I <3 A lot of people
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I wish I had vegas right now...or my cousin had vegas cause he has a pretty TV and a ps3 and I'm here for 11 days.

...Q_Q I failed my first blind Nuzlocke on Black b:sad

Ew, boring. Play it properly.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Ew, boring. Play it properly.

Mehh, I like the challenge.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Bumpp Demacia Vs. Omerta war was a pretty good/fun war!
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

And none of you reminded me to record it! D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

i recorded it on my pro 85 archer, i don't think there's much good footage though :C
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i recorded it on my pro 85 archer, i don't think there's much good footage though :C

Wanna fight my archer? He's 83
    Or you can fight my 80 pay who I have no idea wha I'm doing on
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    On a completely related note...

Holy Jesus rollerblading Christ on a stick doing cartwheels with Betty White in south France dressed in a coconut bra, bright pink panties, and matching gift baskets! Crimson is actually DOING something!
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1299/twmap4.png

Time to get Isabella banned. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1299/twmap4.png

Time to get Isabella banned. b:chuckle

b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh