What is PWI like nowdays?

Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Some might actually remember me for my overflaming posts over PvP and classes a couple of years ago.. b:thanks
Anyway, what is PWI like nowdays?
- Is nix still as overpowered as it used to be (killing anyone in a couple of seconds because of the need-nerfing bleed effect)?
- Any class feeling underpowered currently?
- What is the exp rate now? I was playing for about a year (not everyday but still..) and the highest I ever got before quiting was lvl73 Cleric (my avatar) but I saw some people that registered like 2 months ago and are walking on their 90s... b:sad
- Lastly, how is item shop nowdays (love that word, don't you?), I heard that the prices on gold are now unreachable for not paying players.. like 900k per gold piece or something like that o.O

Thanks in advance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mikel_oru - Sanctuary on

Comments

• HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Some might actually remember me for my overflaming posts over PvP and classes a couple of years ago.. b:thanks
    - Is nix still as overpowered as it used to be (killing anyone in a couple of seconds because of the need-nerfing bleed effect)?

Well, since you could buy Rank 8 for $72, nixes don't feel so bad anymore. The thing ruining PvP at the moment are assassins. They are just ridiculously OP and unstoppable.
    - What is the exp rate now? I was playing for about a year (not everyday but still..) and the highest I ever got before quiting was lvl73 Cleric (my avatar) but I saw some people that registered like 2 months ago and are walking on their 90s... b:sad
    PWI released hyper EXP stones so you can accelerate your leveling by up to 12x.
    - Lastly, how is item shop nowdays (love that word, don't you?), I heard that the prices on gold are now unreachable for not paying players.. like 900k per gold piece or something like that o.O
    Yep, it's pretty bad.

Thanks in advance.

charrr
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I hate to say it, but if you've come back hoping for a 2009-style experience, you're going to be sorely disappointed. ._. In a nutshell: PVP system is even more broken than it used to be, powerleveling is rampant, people don't farm gear anymore so much as buy it straight from PWE, and yes, the gold trading prices are apalling.

My best advice? If you come back, find a nice casual faction and enjoy the game for what it is. Maybe get your fill of nostalgia and then quit again. :P I wouldn't recommend any form of serious PVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Damn I almost had high hopes for the game, I really liked the Assasin class but even if it's as OP as said above it wouldn't be fun for me that way...

Well hope you guys have fun (if it still exists in PWI) and good luck b:victory

MikeL_Oru (what a stupid name btw. :p) out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Damn I almost had high hopes for the game, I really liked the Assasin class but even if it's as OP as said above it wouldn't be fun for me that way...

Well hope you guys have fun (if it still exists in PWI) and good luck b:victory

MikeL_Oru (what a stupid name btw. :p) out!
    You can play an assassin without being OP, just be prepared for a bunch of people to yell at you for not being OP. But then, that's part of the fun for me. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You can play an assassin without being OP, just be prepared for a bunch of people to yell at you for sucking at your class.

fixed.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    fixed.

Raistlin is superior.

Don't mind me and my unrelated comment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    fixed.
    Thank you for proving my point. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    some day in a far future, when i've absolutely nothing at all better to do, i'll get my assassin to 90-something just so i can (1) go sage and (2) deliberately stick him below 3APS. maybe go full vit build for tanking...

i'd probably get half the server yelling at me in world chat, but it'd still be fun as hell. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • YingHu - Heavens Tear
    YingHu - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    some day in a far future, when i've absolutely nothing at all better to do, i'll get my assassin to 90-something just so i can (1) go sage and (2) deliberately stick him below 3APS. maybe go full vit build for tanking...

i'd probably get half the server yelling at me in world chat, but it'd still be fun as hell. b:laugh

XD rofl, i might try that too, ive already made a barb up to lvl 50 with a pure mag build & arcane armor haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RUN DOGGY, RUN!!!!!

-Retired Indefinitely- b:surrender
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    Faisk - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Thanks in advance.

my humble opinion:

- Sins and BMs are getting richer and richer everyday with Powerlevel service (1 mim PER PERSON to solo a FF for a low level squad). If once venos were rich because of rare pets taming, what do you say about FF service? xD - fyi, I'm not against powerlevel service. People are trying to make money, I know, and to be able to solo FFs they had to spend a lot of money too.

- Nix and hercules tickets aren't that difficult to get now (or is it still? >.>) and i honestly think nixes are useless on end games. saw a psychic kill a level 100 nix with one hit O.O (yeah i know they have attack, not defense or whatever).

- I think clerics are underpowered. since mystics came and clerics got to taste the power of healing (way faster and more powerful heal. if mystics had squad buff, i bet there would be no cleric at all), attacking with magic and pets, they are all gone. for me, it sounded useless to some clerics to keep playing as "weak" clerics while the new class could attack and heal (shield, decrease damage taken and whatever)

- About exp, as I said, with powerlevel service, exp rate is kinda "useless", given the facts if you pay 1mil + 500K for hypers, you can hit level 90 really, really, really fast (not to mention BHs. I think only 5% of PWI players do quests). Now with earthguards, we get this new item at every Bounty Hunter I called Divine Order Of The Shadow, which some days may give you a item that you can trade for weapons after you gather enough. Therefore, weapons are kinda left behind when it comes for buying.

- I have no idea about the others servers, but GOLD price at heaven's tear fell from 1,3mil each to 750K. now it's around 900K each again. so, for example, a Wildfire costs around 7mil or 12,5 gold. if you buy 10 gold, you can sell it for 8mil and save up to 2,5 GOLD. get it?

- People are leveling so fast that they're getting bored and most are quitting the game. everyday someone's at WC saying "level 90 bored barb looking for something to do" or either those stupids (sorry for that word) chatting with their own friends over WC, messing up selling/buying business. I really hate that. GMs should do something about it >.> I hate to tele for a squad or something and get my message covered by stupid WC messages about someone's big fat butt b:sad

Now you spend more time looking for a cleric and tank than doing your BHs, TTs and etc itself! now all you see is Sins, mystics and seekers. I don't blame most of them, I think 80% of Sins are trying to reach level 100 to solo FFs and make money. 80% mystics are boys who used to play as veno (I have nothing against "male" venos, i myself used to play as veno before BHs and hypers came out) and now get the taste of playing as a male char with pets. most seekers are BMs who got tired from their own BMs and decided to try a strong melee class. I myself can't say I play as sin because of FF runs. I had no idea sins could actually solo FF runs or even FBs xD I thought only venos could, with hercules but now...

sorry if I said too much, that's what I think that's going on >.> I'm sorry if someone took ofense to anything I said or even thought I'm being stupid xD

btw, it's "nowadays" xD b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*insert something clever here*
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011

My sin is below 3aps even with demon spark. Hell, he could get to his final build (or even upgrading that armor to Nirvana if I were insane enough) and still be below 3aps with demon spark.

So pro. ;]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Markyouwho - Heavens Tear
    Markyouwho - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'd one hit your sin over and over and over and over and over in cubeb:shutupb:laugh
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    I'd one hit your sin over and over and over and over and over in cubeb:shutupb:laugh
    I'm sure you would, but then I'd get back on the main and slap you in guild chat while you feign shock. ;]

And that's assuming you can see my sin... last I checked, you didn't carry stealth pots. :P (actually I love it when PKers carry stealth pots in cube... it means I can troll them by waiting out my time in room 11/32 and then goad them into wasting a pot right before I pop my die)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
    edited April 2011
    my humble opinion:

- I think clerics are underpowered. since mystics came and clerics got to taste the power of healing (way faster and more powerful heal. if mystics had squad buff, i bet there would be no cleric at all), attacking with magic and pets, they are all gone. for me, it sounded useless to some clerics to keep playing as "weak" clerics while the new class could attack and heal (shield, decrease damage taken and whatever)

are you for real!? Clerics can never be replaced I'd love to see your mystic's buddies and you solo bosses in tt..

Faisk: BB BB!!!!!
    Mystic: whaaa? sommons sheep or w/e

no offence to any mystic i think they are all great b:cute
    edited April 2011
    I'm sure you would, but then I'd get back on the main and slap you in guild chat while you feign shock. ;]

ive been hadb:surrender
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    Faisk - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    are you for real!? Clerics can never be replaced I'd love to see your mystic's buddies and you solo bosses in tt..

Faisk: BB BB!!!!!
    Mystic: whaaa? sommons sheep or w/e

no offence to any mystic i think they are all great b:cute

lolololol "summons sheep" LFMAO i know, i know. but still, one of mystic's herbs has the same effect of BB (doesn't last forever but still...), has 193138138913 healing herbs (and aoe healing [?]), Salvation to shield and res buff (I know it takes an endless mana but still, gives u more HP and MP when u res) and Breaking Clouds or something like that + falling petals = better then IH itself O_O mystics can't toooootally be compared to clerics because the don't have buffs or either wings (jk). anyways, of course, i would rather have a cleric healing (everyone would, i think. it will take time for ppl to "accept" mystics and seekers) than mystics, because we're all used to the way clerics heal and everything. like, clerics can only shield someone else with level 79 skill (is that right? not sure >.>) while mystics can, starting on level 33 and such shield is way better than clerics'. plz let's not argue about cleric against mystic over this thread, it's about our opinion on pwi nowadays anyway b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*insert something clever here*
    edited April 2011
    yeah mystics are still coolb:pleased
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    this game is starting to boil down to "90+ FC lf more." "Nirvana lf 5aps"

I'm sorry, but I'm not spending oodles of money to get to 90 in an hour or 2..

I still play this game, and this is my main, level 80 WITHOUT cash. I am pretty much being forced to hyper myself to 90 to get anything done..

PWI = FC/Nirvana

give us lower levels somehting more to do please? those of us that still PLAY this game. I have to LIVE in FC just to keep up and living in FC is not my idea of playing PWI
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?