Multiclassing

limuncleric
limuncleric Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
It would be nice to have sime kind of multiclassing in game. It rly doesnt need to be much but to be able to learn few other classes skills of players chose. With that ability there will be many unique chars and game will be much more interesting. Imagine to create paladin with learning few cleric skills with bm or tank bm with barb buffs. Combinations r unlimited.
Post edited by limuncleric on

Comments

• CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It would be nice to have sime kind of multiclassing in game. It rly doesnt need to be much but to be able to learn few other classes skills of players chose. With that ability there will be many unique chars and game will be much more interesting. Imagine to create paladin with learning few cleric skills with bm or tank bm with barb buffs. Combinations r unlimited.

You must be new here. Let me give you this advice..hurry up and delete what you just said before a large sum of people start troll and charging at you.
    Reasons:
    -5ap classes can now get bloodpaint and soloing everything
    -everyone with stealth..no
    -you can practically solo everything
    -pvp
    -stealth on pvp server
    -this is now GW
    -etc
    -this belongs in the suggestion furoms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • limuncleric
    edited April 2011
    Dont tell me this game is balanced. OMG so perfect game. And like this only 5aps sin can solo everything. *** all other classes. Same rules for all.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Eeeeww, that would really suck, to be honest, I;d never ever want to see it, myself, there is enough inter-class class as it is lol, more to come with the next updates, I'm sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Dont tell me this game is balanced. OMG so perfect game. And like this only 5aps sin can solo everything. *** all other classes. Same rules for all.

I can't understand you bud.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I can't understand you bud.

My guess is someone wants the advantages of stealth/aps on a magic class (cleric,posibly, from the avatar's name) , becuase the game is broken, so we could break it a bit more further >^_^< ... just my 2 cents though b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • limuncleric
    edited April 2011
    I was plaing cleric, and sin, and wiz, and archer and all classes over lvl70 few times. I start new toon everytime i get bored with old one. I just ask for something to break. And i will never take stealth coz its for cowards. I dont care to make harder mobs and instances and bosses this game is easy anyway. Hard is just to find squad for all that u have to do.
    edited April 2011
    I was plaing cleric, and sin, and wiz, and archer and all classes over lvl70 few times. I start new toon everytime i get bored with old one. I just ask for something to break. And i will never take stealth coz its for cowards. I dont care to make harder mobs and instances and bosses this game is easy anyway. Hard is just to find squad for all that u have to do.

....that entire section you just type is urking me to respond back in a way that might be "mean" but is accurate in all games..anyways gl.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I would make an arcane barb
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Stealth barb, new meaning to the term "ninja armageddon"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Stealth BM would be pretty nifty as well. Stealth any class actually.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Stealth BM would be pretty nifty as well. Stealth any class actually.

I just want Shadow Escape for my wizzie b:chuckle

BIDS group of players *force stealth* *gains spark*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Unlimited combinations?

Nah

At the end, everyone will use the same build.
    [insert sig here]
  • limuncleric
    edited April 2011
    Let me c what we have in game. Pro cash shopers, the most pro players with r9 gear, real pro. Pro scamers, semi-pro players thay have r8 gear and they r not bad. Pro high lvl noobs, but they have cache shop. Why cant we have then ninja armagedon and arcane barbs then. If someone is idiot enough to learn barb stealth or bp in multiclassing.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    umm everyone would go /sin that way they can stealth and detect the stealthed chars. and how would it be stupid to learn stealth? full party of stealth chars runs right to the boss? sounds perfect to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • limuncleric
    edited April 2011
    Then go stealth if u equip dagers to cast it.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Then go stealth if u equip dagers to cast it.

duh obviously you would have to remove the weapon requirements on items if you put in a multiclass option.

or is your barb/cleric gonna pull out a magic weapon to heal themselves?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • limuncleric
    edited April 2011
    Yep but some skills i wouldnt put in multiclassing. Reason - Op'ed.
  • limuncleric
    edited April 2011
    Some of them in multiclass ver. should be weakened etc. etc.
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Your grammar irks me.

Other then that, no multi-classing please....that would compleatly kill the game.
    Can imagine it now...everyone in freaking stealth all the time....yeah....great idea. Not.
  • ArrowOHeaven - Lost City
    ArrowOHeaven - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    /thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DIE! I SAID DIE!
  • LappDance - Sanctuary
    LappDance - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ** IF DONE PROPERLY ** it could be a good way to breathe some life back into the game.

Generally, in games that have multi-classing (or hybrid classes), the secondary skills are no where near as powerful as they are for the primary class. For example, take the OP's "Paladin" idea. The heal capabilities could be self-only and maybe only 1/2 or 1/3 as effective. Buffs could have the same type of limitations (self-only, limited effectiveness, maybe cost more MP, etc.)

But, I do agree that this should've been in Suggestions rather than General. I also seriously doubt that the PW devs would do it properly...
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Stealth barb, new meaning to the term "ninja armageddon"

Stealth Archer, yo. Oneshot everyone, then shadow escape when the Calvary arrives.

And... Forget Ninja Arma, try ninja barb catas. That would be pretty cool.

TW would get pretty crappy though, I think. Would just be invisible warfare. Stealth and detection pots would get ridiculously expensive...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • limuncleric
    edited April 2011
    Stealth will be wort much lesser if anyone can have Sharp observer. Paladins heals cant be as poverfull as clerics coz bm dont have base mag attack att all so heal will be without % of mag attack. Didnt i btw mentioned that some skills shouldnt be at all part of multiclasing and others should be weakened. And btw to be hard to get them. It cant unbalance game. Something that depands on players cant unbalance game. 3-5 skills that player can chose cant do that. For exemple ill take fist skills and masteries for my archer. Lot more fun in gaming.
  • LappDance - Sanctuary
    LappDance - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Didnt i btw mentioned....

You probably did. Unfortunately, any coherent thoughts you may have had have been garbled by your atrocious writing style.

Take an extra minute or so to express your thoughts in a readable style, and people will be less likely to dismiss them as the ramblings of a kook.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    5.0 bm + 5.0 sin using Dragon ball Z fusion. Having 10.0 aps with right hand being rank 9 daggers and left hand is g15 fist with frenzied rage.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    5.0 bm + 5.0 sin using Dragon ball Z fusion. Having 10.0 aps with right hand being rank 9 daggers and left hand is g15 fist with frenzied rage.

no no no its gm weapon in both hands 1 claw and 1 dagger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• limuncleric
    edited April 2011
    Sry for my bad English but its not my main language. TBH i collect words how i can to express myself.
    To start from begining my idea is:
    Multiclass skills should be with lvl req from 40 - 100.
    No lvl79 and 100 skills.
    No shapeshifting skills.
    No stealth skills (with sharp observer to lower sins OP).
    No weapon req in skills.
    All multiclass skills can be only lvl1.
    Power of skill should be halfed main class skill (like lvl5-6 main skill) depends on skill.
    To get skill have to finish series of quests something like quests for chrono key.
    From lvl40 every 10th lvls till 100 player can get 1 skill.
    I think this is good idea maybe i just cant express it like someona said.
  • /haeraun - Raging Tide
    /haeraun - Raging Tide Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    good ideea but can we move this too suggestions?
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Stealth will be worth much less if anyone can have Sharp observer. Paladin's heals won't be as powerful as clerics coz bm dont have base mag attack at all so heal will be without % of mag attack. Didn't I btw mention that some skills shouldn't be at all part of multiclassing and others should be weakened? And btw to be hard to get them. It cant unbalance game. Something that depends on players can't unbalance game. 3-5 skills that player can chose can't do that. For example i'll take fist skills and masteries for my archer. Lot more fun in gaming.

Ok now that I corrected most of that abortion, let's take it from the top. Yes, skills belonging to other classes being "given" to other classes will throw off the games balance. How you ask? Well the very mention of your "Fist skills and masteries for your archer." would be detremental to blademasters barbs and assassins. Allowing one of the two classes to have 5.0 without sparking is bad enough, but now you talk to give archers a BM's one and only saving grace when using a weapon that belongs to them?

You made the statement in one of your earlier grammarical abominations, that you've never gotten a toon above 70, maybe you should try, the game changes dynamically for all classes.

Further If you think "Multiclassing" would allow for balance, think again, it wont. PWI has already tried something similar by giving everyone a sidebar of skills that everyone has access to, and it did not bring balance, it helped but did not cure.

If you want to talk about things like this, then think on all sides before mentioning, such as:

What will happen to wizards if this goes through?
    What will happen to clerics?
    What will happen to barbs?
    What will happen to the new earthguards?
    What will happen to venos?

I may be able to see a future of multiclassing, but they'd need to balance 5.0 among other things first.

In closing, if you cant **** it with your own set of skills what business do you have with more? Most Blademasters neglect 50% of their skill list in favor of axes and fists, Archers neglect their ENTIRE skill bar, and Sins use not even half when they hit 89. Wake up, move on or get out.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    interesting but no.

/threadb:bye
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]