Making a sin

Options
X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Assassin
Hey, I'm making a sin, he's lvl 75 atm. Just wondering if it's worth statting extra strength to be able to wear my barbs Forest Wisdom helm (+7 w/ 3 vit stones). I would need roughly 40 extra str compared to if I used warsoul helm for example.

And also if the R6 sages weapon is a good weapon to consider getting? I'd get the nirvana daggers in the end of course, but just upto then. I'm not interested in running ff after ff so I wouldn't level particularly fast 90-100, it's mind-nummingly boring b:chuckle

Ty in advance b:thanks
Post edited by X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey, I'm making a sin, he's lvl 75 atm. Just wondering if it's worth statting extra strength to be able to wear my barbs Forest Wisdom helm (+7 w/ 3 vit stones). I would need roughly 40 extra str compared to if I used warsoul helm for example.

Well, maybe? The amount of +life you'd get in comparison to a plain Warsoul of Earth is massive.
    And also if the R6 sages weapon is a good weapon to consider getting? I'd get the nirvana daggers in the end of course, but just upto then. I'm not interested in running ff after ff so I wouldn't level particularly fast 90-100, it's mind-nummingly boring b:chuckle

Hitman Legend is pretty much a relic of the past now. It costs almost as much as a Barrier Thorn: Nirvana and it's worse than Rank 8.

For 90-99, Hook and Thorn is plenty.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Grats on 1.1k posts Olbaze!

And to OP: I would indeed stat the extra stat points into str for that helm. As Olbaze said, the health boost is more than worth it.

To the second part, I wouldn't bother getting the sage lv 90 daggers. Sure it's a lot stronger than H&T, but for its price tag, it's not worth it. It's sort of like paying 100m for an extra 1-2k damage per hit for 10 levels. It's also untradable.

It'd only be worth it if you had another assassin where you don't level to 100 quickly, and you can't afford another Barrier Thorn - Nirvana, and you already had this dagger. O.o

On the PWCalc before it was updated, it said that the Hitman's Legend had -0.1 int on it, but it's actually -0.05. I was considering getting these instead of Nirvana ones before because I never been over level 90 before, and thought 100 would take forever, and because I thought the Hitman's Legend was -0.1. But that changed of course.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    A lvl 80 wep to lvl 99? o.o Wouldn't tt90/99 or frost/lunar wield greater damage? Does that lil -int make that much difference? I guess I'd have to refine it to +5 and higher with good shards huh.

Ty for your input b:thanks
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think it would, but in the long run, why waste money buying a frost/lunar one? Sure you could resell it, but that still takes time.

And the little bit of -int on it makes up for the loss of damage from the tt90/99 ones, in my opinion. The damage increase from 80 to 90 is minuscule, so I wouldn't bother until 100.

I used H&T from 80 to 99, and had no problem. And the more -int gear you have, the better the small bit of -int on H&T is. I only upgraded it to tt90 at lvl 100 to prepare for my Nirvana daggers. Already got the gold mats and subs for the gold tt99 as well.

I was able to be at 3.33 attack rate with H&T at 99 when sparked, which is a pretty big jump from 2.86 sparked, if you used other daggers that didn't have -int.

At 100 you'd still be 3.33 sparked even if you switch out H&T for R8 because of the R8 top.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    A lvl 80 wep to lvl 99? o.o Wouldn't tt90/99 or frost/lunar wield greater damage? Does that lil -int make that much difference? I guess I'd have to refine it to +5 and higher with good shards huh.

I owned a +3 Hook and Thorn with 2x Flawlesses in it. It had more DPS than my +4 1x Flawless Ghost Cry Thorn. Now I'm using a +3 2x Immaculate Hook and Thorn.

And Hook and Thorn has more DPS than most weapons pre-99. The Lunar weapon is **** to begin with and the TT90s don't compare unless you give them the same base, e.g. 2 sockets, which is a bit much assumed since the 2nd socket costs a lot.

TT99s however all do slightly more DPS than Hook and THorn. The only exception is Barrier Thorn: Gutbreaker.
    I think it would, but in the long run, why waste money buying a frost/lunar one? Sure you could resell it, but that still takes time.

I actually got my Ghost Cry Thorn as +3 with 1 Flawless Garnet on it for 4m. At the time, they cost twice that routinely.

The only reason to use a weapon with inferior DPS is that it has some salvaging factor that matters more than some DPS, such as a good proc or +stats. For example, Ghost Cry Thorn's proc is pretty good.
    At 100 you'd still be 3.33 sparked even if you switch out H&T for R8 because of the R8 top.

Just for clarification, Hook and Thorn loses pathetically against Ocean Supreme Dagger. Even if you count them with the exact same gear, e.g. both with Ocean Supreme Armor.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • YouriNishi - Raging Tide
    YouriNishi - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

To the second part, I wouldn't bother getting the sage lv 90 daggers. Sure it's a lot stronger than H&T, but for its price tag, it's not worth it. It's sort of like paying 100m for an extra 1-2k damage per hit for 10 levels. It's also untradable

Unless you've tried em don't knock em

Learn the market you can get em for 60mil b:chuckle if you know what your doing . and you can account stash them between accounts if you have 2 sins...