Server Merges

Anyone else pretty excited for these server merges? I must admit, I'm not one to start these threads or get excited much about this game anymore but, August 4 is gunna be a good time!

Comments

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9470983-important:-upcoming-server-merges!

*waves to all the Lost City people* Welcome to our home, and uh, please excuse me while i kick back and relax in yours. :) This will be VERY interesting.

Also, for all the naysayers... Never say never!
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    So much for all the people who kept saying it wasn't gonna happen. I'm a little excited. Maybe it'll bring back some temporary interest.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    HL players are getting EU times hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Twilight Temple? I would rather have Etherblade or Dawnglory name!
    But isn't Lost city the ones with lowest gold prices? Sanctuary people gonna **** the gold lols​​
  • celeste081
    celeste081 Posts: 37 Arc User
    Curious if they'll actually get the cross server stuff to work. would be awesome.
  • saphira4545
    saphira4545 Posts: 16 Arc User
    welcome to time zone of EU XD i am scared QQ
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    This will be most interesting.... Top dog factions finally gonna meet other Top Dogs.... hope everyone has met their match... and I swear if more allied **** goes on between factions, its going to be a **** off moment.
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    testxvi wrote: »
    Twilight Temple? I would rather have Etherblade or Dawnglory name!
    But isn't Lost city the ones with lowest gold prices? Sanctuary people gonna **** the gold lols​​

maybe, or maybe itll lower prices.

Err well. After the initial hyperinflation?

One can hope :neutral:
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Am glad servers are getting merged but EU time? Lot of Harshlands peeps won't be able to do ANY EVENTS or TWs. Hope you make TW times as centralized between EU and East Coast.
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • djhaunted
    djhaunted Posts: 5 Arc User
    Lost City should be merging with Harshlands to keep it a pvp server..
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    Please fix The time issue, Harshlands must be a East Coast server time. Every person in Harshlands choose that server, besides the pvp server factor, but because it was an EAST COAST TIME! The EU will be horrible for everyone on the server because of 5 hour time difference. Please merge us with the 2 other east coast servers!
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    All PvE? PWE is joking? Please, leave us in pvp mode normal-7.gifnormal-7.gifnormal-7.gif many if us chose the server because of that, it's just unfair to do that to us >.<

Will they at least make a poll if ppl want to be pvp or pve? normal-20.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    I never wanted to be on a pve server >.>
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    I chose an east coast server specifically due to me living on the east coast. . . Please fix this
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,805 Community Moderator
    This has been asked for over and over in the Suggestion Box

Along with Server v server etc... well nice to see that's part of this and shows the suggestion box can make a difference. Glad to be part of it!
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    1 think it would be nice if GM clarify this:

''Demon/Sage event gold tickets will be removed and are non-reimbursable, so make sure to cash them out before the big day!''

When they say ''Demon/Sage Event gold tickets'' are they talking about the real tickets, like the ones you get from tigers event and promos... or are they talking about the event gold itself?

I ask this because everyone know here that the people who make those news blogs does not have too much idea about the game. And i know people who have hundreds or thousands of event gold in their accounts, (I have a few hundreds myself)

Lets not forget that last login event where they promised an S Card and then the thing was an S pack.

So it would not be nice to login one day and and realize that all my event gold disappeared. :|

Aside from that I hope at least that this merge keep the game alive for some more time, the only thing I fear is the possible Data corruption that may result from this

• celeste081
    celeste081 Posts: 37 Arc User
    Dawnglory EU region, I hope and assume this means server and event times stay the same.
    Some HL players may be pissed, but there are plenty of east servers...
    maybe allow / create character server switch option for those badly affected in HL?
  • omicronoceti#9027
    omicronoceti#9027 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I literally cannot merge with the EU server to become an EU server. Events would be for me around 1pm to 3pm instead of 7pm-9pm. Most people chose Harshlands because of the time zone being East. Switching to EU time is completely illogical. Please, fix this horrible mess of an idea.
  • davidmurphy
    davidmurphy Posts: 31 Arc User
    i hope lost city bms are rdy for a fight cuz im coming for u all ;)

• mark1c
    mark1c Posts: 26 Arc User
    I think this should have been done long ago and i need to praise PWI for this..

To many people quit because of same squads/people/factions stomping territory wars,nation wars, pvp etc

Now things will get interesting and im sure bunch of inactives will come back...

the only problem i see coming is about catshops.

I think pwi should limit somehow 2 clients from same pc.....i know way to many people using 4 and more catshops at once...on our server alone there is x3 times more catshops then active players and with new server i really dont know whats gonna happen.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    I'd rather merge with Archo but LC will have to do. Now I have 1 week to cash in all that event gold sitting in mailboxes everywhere...​​
  • reliea
    reliea Posts: 40 Arc User
    I feel sorry for the PvP servers actually.
    It's going to be weird, but it'll be nice to meet new people.
    I feel... worried. Since when has PWI done a big jobby update like this without effing things up? Might take a week off the game >.>
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    syltenthunder know it all can eat crow now. egg-2.gif​​
    Here we go again....
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    Am I the only one concerned about the integrity of my account considering PWI's track record?
  • strobefunhouse
    strobefunhouse Posts: 5 Arc User
    and you guys really think PWI is going to get this right? After the roll back on Archo do you honestly think they can get something this big to actully work? or will be end up being a huge mess with all kinds of missing toons and gear all over the place. I personaly think this is a really bad idea and giving us only one week? lets just hope PWI put more then one week of thought into it.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

rieihdius wrote: »

''Demon/Sage event gold tickets will be removed and are non-reimbursable, so make sure to cash them out before the big day!''

When they say ''Demon/Sage Event gold tickets'' are they talking about the real tickets, like the ones you get from tigers event and promos... or are they talking about the event gold itself?

I ask this because everyone know here that the people who make those news blogs does not have too much idea about the game. And i know people who have hundreds or thousands of event gold in their accounts, (I have a few hundreds myself)

Lets not forget that last login event where they promised an S Card and then the thing was an S pack.

So it would not be nice to login one day and and realize that all my event gold disappeared. :|

Aside from that I hope at least that this merge keep the game alive for some more time, the only thing I fear is the possible Data corruption that may result from this

Bump. Please let us know if I can keep my 3k event gold as event gold or do I need to create more charm alts?​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    i hope lost city bms are rdy for a fight cuz im coming for u all ;)
    Hi, who are you? Have a youtube?
    asterelle wrote: »
    I'd rather merge with Archo but LC will have to do. Now I have 1 week to cash in all that event gold sitting in mailboxes everywhere...​​
    Now you can finally show me how terrible your class is in person. :P
    (friendly joke)
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • chucknorristhemighty
    chucknorristhemighty Posts: 11 Arc User
    I want to know about:
    " If you have characters on both servers, no need to worry! Accounts with more than 8 characters on 2 merged servers will still be able to access all of them. Note that you still cannot create additional characters if you have at least 8 existing ones."
    I.E. If my name is "Chuck" in DW, then... My new name will be "ChuckDW"? Ive took the name in both servers so hope i dont get my name changed.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee

The tickets are going away, not the event gold.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• chucknorristhemighty
    chucknorristhemighty Posts: 11 Arc User

surtr wrote: »

The tickets are going away, not the event gold.

Good to know. Ty