Sin's fault or tank's fault??

2»

Comments

• X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sins fault b:chuckle If the sin doesn't give me a break, like demon sparking before I've even touched a mob, I just let them tank/die.

A good damage dealer is the damage dealer that maximises it's damage output without becoming the tank.

PWI has **** damage dealers, just tanks.
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The really annoying thing is when you get barbs with huge Epenors who are all "RAwwrgg I R TANKER I R MUST HAX AGRO" "SIN NOT BE TANK! I NO SQUAD WIT YOOUU'z"

Or clerics going "herpa derpa deeerp, It's my job to heal the barb, ima healing the barb, look at me healing the barb, the barb is the tank and ima healing maw tank barby barb. Sin got agro, but fish isn't be tanker Oh NO NO, I be healing maw barb :D "
    And I'm like...
    "I'm a 102 5 aps sin, he's a lvl 80 barb, I have twice his hp and pdef/mdef, he's actually my alt, he's not got any gear on and he's afk on my laptop... He isn't even attacking... trust me he's not taking agro from anyone... please stop healing him..."

I've actually had a lot of barbs dropping squad because I was tanking things in tt/bh's/fc etc and they've raged about sins not being tanks and left squad. Then I pk them :)
    If the sin can easily tank it then let him tank >.< it will go way faster.

Also clerics have literally done exactly what I wrote above multiple times. How dumb can you be. The amount of clerics that just sit their healing a barb who clearly isn't tanking sht. Good job a decent sin can solo just about anything lol.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The really annoying thing is when you get barbs with huge Epenors who are all "RAwwrgg I R TANKER I R MUST HAX AGRO" "SIN NOT BE TANK! I NO SQUAD WIT YOOUU'z"

Or clerics going "herpa derpa deeerp, It's my job to heal the barb, ima healing the barb, look at me healing the barb, the barb is the tank and ima healing maw tank barby barb. Sin got agro, but fish isn't be tanker Oh NO NO, I be healing maw barb :D "
    And I'm like...
    "I'm a 102 5 aps sin, he's a lvl 80 barb, I have twice his hp and pdef/mdef, he's actually my alt, he's not got any gear on and he's afk on my laptop... He isn't even attacking... trust me he's not taking agro from anyone... please stop healing him..."

I've actually had a lot of barbs dropping squad because I was tanking things in tt/bh's/fc etc and they've raged about sins not being tanks and left squad. Then I pk them :)
    If the sin can easily tank it then let him tank >.< it will go way faster.

Also clerics have literally done exactly what I wrote above multiple times. How dumb can you be. The amount of clerics that just sit their healing a barb who clearly isn't tanking sht. Good job a decent sin can solo just about anything lol.

Well thing is about sins that take aggro while they can't handle it. You're story is funny, but honestly why even care the cleric is healing your afk barb if you got 16k+ hp (yeah, 8k is the minimum I've seen on an 80s barb). Obviously, if you're a lvl102 helping on some bh pole, you're not gonna hold back for an 80s barb even if it's a player and not your own afk alt. However, if you're an 80s sin that is 1 or 2 shot by pole, just behave. Most sins (or players in general) wear **** gear till 90s, and can't tank any of their bhs. Got to take that into account too.

About barbs that want to be tank, try to understand: Everything sais barb is tank ingame, but each lvl that is less true. That's kinda annoying for those who didn't realise you need a DD toon to tank here. I retired my barb and rerolled a sin to tank again, kinda sad no?
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well thing is about sins that take aggro while they can't handle it. You're story is funny, but honestly why even care the cleric is healing your afk barb if you got 16k+ hp (yeah, 8k is the minimum I've seen on an 80s barb). Obviously, if you're a lvl102 helping on some bh pole, you're not gonna hold back for an 80s barb even if it's a player and not your own afk alt. However, if you're an 80s sin that is 1 or 2 shot by pole, just behave. Most sins (or players in general) wear **** gear till 90s, and can't tank any of their bhs. Got to take that into account too.

About barbs that want to be tank, try to understand: Everything sais barb is tank ingame, but each lvl that is less true. That's kinda annoying for those who didn't realise you need a DD toon to tank here. I retired my barb and rerolled a sin to tank again, kinda sad no?

yah my story doesn't really fit perfectly with the topic as it's about sins who can't handle agro, just wrote it cus it's funny.
    I don't have 16k hp, my barb didn't have any gear on lol. I only have 11k hp. So not twice my barbs hp but allmost, he doesn't have much vit b:chuckle

In that situation it doesn't really matter if I'm not getting healed, but same story happens with things like tt 3-3 where heals might actually be kinda useful.

And yeh I fully agree that it sucks that barbs can't hold agro end game, but still, it's the way the game is. Barbs should accept it and let aps dd's tank instead of raging and qqing lol.

Don't get me wrong, most barbs and clerics do fine. Just a few with the **** "Sins can never be tanks" mentality.

*edit* also there's plenty of dex/str/fist barbs with low hp who certainly have less than 8k at lvl 80, especially when they have no gear on lol. A 101 barb in my faction has just over 10k hp in tiger when he's buffed rofl. he has 5 vit, +3 tt99 gear and saphire shards in everything xD still managed to get him through a full gv somehow lol. Think the wizard did most of the tanking >.>
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I had my share of squad wipes in bh 69 at pose and nob (especially pole - doped my hp from 11.5k to 0 in 2 sec) but i hate when sin or other DD steal argo because they mess up the canceling time from alacrity and if they are debuffed they get 1 shoted. But i had some good moments there - me and a barb friend tanked full bh 69 with mystics heals b:laugh.
    We barbs can't hold to much argo generated from H&T + 5 and 2 imac on normal bosses but i managed to keep argo from a 4 aps +5 Deicide in TT - barely- by spaming FR. FR needs more argo b:sad
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Don't get me wrong, most barbs and clerics do fine. Just a few with the **** "Sins can never be tanks" mentality.

*edit* also there's plenty of dex/str/fist barbs with low hp who certainly have less than 8k at lvl 80, especially when they have no gear on lol. A 101 barb in my faction has just over 10k hp in tiger when he's buffed rofl. he has 5 vit, +3 tt99 gear and saphire shards in everything xD still managed to get him through a full gv somehow lol. Think the wizard did most of the tanking >.>

Got to agree on the first part, I actually made sin to tank again :P With the adequat gear, any class can tank. However, on lvl 1 till 89 the average sin can't tank, which is probably why at 90+ some still think they can't. Some on platform yell ages for a barb for bh79 b:laugh Even my arcane cleric tanked that...

On the edit: I think claw/fist barbs are mainly a reaction on not tanking much. Just being there for the buffs, so better up damage output. Actually, I don't know many old-school vit barbs that are still active 100+, most either restatted or rerolled (me being last). The average gear these days enables them to still do deltas and stuff I suppose. But let's not change topic b:shutup b:chuckle
  • Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I suppose it was the sins "fault". It could been an accident by the assassin, a less experienced one which do not know a lot about aggro taking. Maybe he or she will learn, maybe not.

Some ppl think themself masters, and are very hard or impossible to teach, and others can take a lesson perfectly. It depends a bit on how they are told too.

On occation's i've run into lvl 80 - 90 barbs that want to tank in TT (I guess they want first pick, hehe) , and i let them do that if they insist. Sure takes longer time as i have to go easier on the damage, like not spark at all, using fists or bow, etc. Or let the barb/tank build aggro for some time before i go all out. Many possible solutions.
    This is my signature. It is my sin in stealth mode.
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    if you build a barb then build it to tank... period!!! if you want to do damage pick a different class...
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sins fault b:chuckle If the sin doesn't give me a break, like demon sparking before I've even touched a mob, I just let them tank/die.

A good damage dealer is the damage dealer that maximises it's damage output without becoming the tank.

PWI has **** damage dealers, just tanks.
    If a Demon sin can't handle a mob, poor fool needs to quit MMOs altogether, ijs >w>
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If a Demon sin can't handle a mob, poor fool needs to quit MMOs altogether, ijs >w>

The level 104 nob mobs in 3-3 2 shot me b:sad
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok, I wasn't thinking about 1~2-shotters in the endgame TTs, Lunar, and Nirvana.
    I sowweh... b:beatup
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:laugh they hit hard, though I think harder than I remember o.O
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!