BM FAQ-look here before makeing a thread

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Finished section on endgame while soloing 3-1 yes I did die a lot on GBA. Anyways its up and shushers Saku we cant all has pro guides
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • drozaz
    drozaz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    why does it say 5 aps when i got -0.40 interval
    http://pwcalc.com/760451f708c9ca5e

but you got 4 aps with -0.45 interval
    http://pwcalc.com/33520771b0d65750

is mine wrong?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    drozaz wrote: »

is mine wrong?

PW calc is wrong, pwi rounds in a different and weird manner
  • drozaz
    edited November 2011
    so its 3.33 aps actually?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    drozaz wrote: »

is mine wrong?

Because you have demon triple spark selected on your 3.33 aps base build but not your 4 aps base build (tome doesn't exist, btw).
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • drozaz
    edited November 2011
    oh ok thanks
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Uninstalled PWI moved to dragon nest.

2 weeks of play = full+10 endgame gear and endless balanced pvp content. If anyone gets sick of this joke of a game I'm on the Eleana sever elementalist be the name of SiphilisBag.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Heh, read through it and Steo was a nice mix of ignorant and egotistical all rolled into one. Considering the math was something that was: worked on, proven, and gone over ad nauseum by first and second gen BMs on these forums; asking for proof just shows how new they are. Next thing you know, they'll be saying a lvl 70 shouldn't be posting about 5 APS.

As far as I'm concerned, there are just a small handful of first gen non-moron BMs who were all weapon. 2nd gen came when a few people started listening to our posts and asking advice. 3rd gen was the people who CSed their gear right off and swapped once packs came out. 4th gen is after the slower people finally caught on to their wrongness, and swapped to fist axe hybrid, and developed amnesia to their badness of the past. 5th gen up, who cares.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • sander121
    sander121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Is it still possible to glich the atack speed and the skill that adds fire dmg with fists or they fixed it, and also did they fixed that lvl 59 demon spear skill that u could glitch and get 100% crit for free?
    Havent played the game for a while ^^
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    sander121 wrote: »
    Is it still possible to glich the atack speed and the skill that adds fire dmg with fists or they fixed it, and also did they fixed that lvl 59 demon spear skill that u could glitch and get 100% crit for free?
    Havent played the game for a while ^^

Those are broken now and no longer add the buff till after the skill has cast. They removed channel canceling about a year and a half ago for only BMs and Sins, so our skills now glitch and don't add the buff while clerics, barbs,... all get the skill as designed to proc then cast.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • guilewolfx
    guilewolfx Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    lol ya lets spend millions and millions to max all of ours skills and carry 3&4 weps that cost millions and millions more LOL ya in an ideal world why not only issue is dont work that way and takes to about 70 to get one path close to complete so na gota call bs on alot of this here.

Fyi it dont take a genius to know duh fighter class high str high vit

odd thing I use one of the lest used weps polearm that everyone seems to talk down but somehow I do good and get plenty of groups.

Ill just say this one more thing everyone seems to forget about:it dont matter how good of a build or wep or amor you have if you just dont know how to play the game well ya there a skill to it go figure.

here is what works find a wep ya comfotable with learn how to play using that wep and ya up str and vit always and enough dex to get the next good wep.

aps=waste of time
    multi wep&skill=waste of time and coin
    Pvp= people who never lern how to play the game=lets find all the chessy tricks to make up for it.

Just play the game it has a path of its own ya will get the gear ya need and there is no easy cheats to open god mode all the cheats and chessy exploits will get caught and taken away and people will cry.

hope it all sinks in and helps. fyi dont snipe back at me cause I wont ve reading any of this again checkmate and good luck
  • gooodagod
    gooodagod Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    how do i make my own thread
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    guilewolfx wrote: »
    hope it all sinks in and helps. fyi dont snipe back at me cause I wont ve reading any of this again checkmate and good luck

Even if you won't read a response and "learn you some knowledge" it won't stop us from replying to keep you from dumbing down the BM forums and prevent your sooper pro advice.

Congrats, you're a level 72 bm. You're almost out of the kiddie leagues and into big-boy pants, maybe you can even making it through the whole night without going tinkle in bed.

You are just getting into the meat of a things like weapon differention, stun locks, squad work, aps, and really setting your class and playstyle apart from other BMs. Hopping onto BM forums to QQ about the expense and spirit required for all paths won't help. Neither will neglecting 50% of your skills because "I R pro with pole." Pole has poor dps. Pole has no amps. Pole can use 1 reliable stun and 1 stun with a 50% success rate.

If you plan on being a run-n-stun BM in TW then str-vit build is fine. It's even doable in pk with R9, although BMs already have a hard enough time killing other R9s and adding to vitality may give you some sustaining power in the pvp but you lose finishing power, so at best you might pull a stalemate. Endgame, vit makes up such a small portion of your hp its pointless. Its nice for lower levels when you level too fast to both investing much in refines. So while you complain about the cost of 4 weapons and an arsenal of skills, you suggest a route that would make people waste millions in restatting after your bad advice.

Your other 4 premises are:
    1. Armor/weapon/build doesn't matter wihout skill- True enough. But read the guide first. The pure tone of the guide is "learn the class and learn to use all aspects of a BM. Understand and be skillful to effectively use your BM".
    2. Aps= waste of time- Uhhh, attacking faster, killing quicker, and farming coin faster is a waste of time? Head. ***. Remove pls. Then talk.
    3 Multi Wep&skill= waste of time- The point of 3/2 build is to be the most efficient, combining skills to maximize damage output and squad support. Efficientcy being the opposite of wasting time. Hopping on the forums to qq=waste of time. Don't want a build/class with options or skills then learn to master the up, down, left, right of Ms. Pacman. She sounds about your speed.
    4. Pvp= people who never lern how to play the game=lets find all the chessy tricks to make up for it- Wouldn't... finding all the *cheesy* (I resisted grammar naziing 99% of your 3rd grade post) tricks be learning the game? Speeking of cheesy tricks. Axe stun locks. Fist chi management. Sword debuffs and range. And Pole range. And killing before your killed with much better dmg, accuracy, crit, and options than a vit build who at best is stalling. You know, "chessy tricks" for people who didn't "lern" how to play.

gooodagod wrote: »
    how do i make my own thread

When you are logged in and in a sub forum (not inside a thread) there is a "new thread" button that is in a similar place on the left side of the screen to the reply button you used for this thread.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    (still stickied before yours was saku)
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ummm i'm a axe bm lvl 74 i didn't read up on any of this until a few days ago....my bm only got 60 dex don't know if i should add more i'm not into pvp or any type of pk event, thats why i picked a server that was pve so i don't have to deal with that sht..

my question is is my build good for soloing bosses and instances? its going mostly str/vit or do i need to add more dex? being able to use claws sounds nice since they hit faster then axes but im not sure..

i can't refine my armors high mostly to only like 3 or 4 and getting cheap shards so i need to add vit for more hp...im stuck right now on what to do...
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    hoover69 wrote: »
    ummm i'm a axe bm lvl 74 i didn't read up on any of this until a few days ago....my bm only got 60 dex don't know if i should add more i'm not into pvp or any type of pk event, thats why i picked a server that was pve so i don't have to deal with that sht..

my question is is my build good for soloing bosses and instances? its going mostly str/vit or do i need to add more dex? being able to use claws sounds nice since they hit faster then axes but im not sure..

i can't refine my armors high mostly to only like 3 or 4 and getting cheap shards so i need to add vit for more hp...im stuck right now on what to do...

Wow, haven't checked this thread in months, and the day I do is the same day someone asks a question in 7 months.

No, your build is not good for soloing. Its a generally weak build for several reasons. Poor accuracy, poor chi gain (you'll understand when you get triple spark and can't only be sparked 1/3 of the time while claw users are always triple sparked), poor damage output, poor crit rate, inability to combine skills like Cyclone and Heaven's Flame and GS, and limited use of chi skills. Mobs will die slower so you'll take more damage. You won't tank because of lower damage output.

How BMs solo instances is having high enough damage output that bloodpaint keep you healed. We also use our chi gain to resist boss attacks with triple sparks. An axe BM won't be able to spark whenever he wants, like an aps bm, and he'll have a fraction of the damage output, especially when his spark dies.

I'd restat away from a vit-axe build. Learn to survive without your little hp buffer. Use your marrows, stuns, and leaps to avoid damage. You'll be able to farm faster and for cheaper once you get accustomed to playing your bm, and eventually that'll pay for better refines and shards to make up the loss of vit.
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow, haven't checked this thread in months, and the day I do is the same day someone asks a question in 7 months.

No, your build is not good for soloing. Its a generally weak build for several reasons. Poor accuracy, poor chi gain (you'll understand when you get triple spark and can't only be sparked 1/3 of the time while claw users are always triple sparked), poor damage output, poor crit rate, inability to combine skills like Cyclone and Heaven's Flame and GS, and limited use of chi skills. Mobs will die slower so you'll take more damage. You won't tank because of lower damage output.

How BMs solo instances is having high enough damage output that bloodpaint keep you healed. We also use our chi gain to resist boss attacks with triple sparks. An axe BM won't be able to spark whenever he wants, like an aps bm, and he'll have a fraction of the damage output, especially when his spark dies.

I'd restat away from a vit-axe build. Learn to survive without your little hp buffer. Use your marrows, stuns, and leaps to avoid damage. You'll be able to farm faster and for cheaper once you get accustomed to playing your bm, and eventually that'll pay for better refines and shards to make up the loss of vit.

Bloodpaint? bm get that skill too? if not then is there another way? im fairly new to this game i don't know much about it.. and another question can i use this Demon/Sage Event Card to get reset notes? thanks for your help
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    hoover69 wrote: »
    Bloodpaint? bm get that skill too? if not then is there another way? im fairly new to this game i don't know much about it.. and another question can i use this Demon/Sage Event Card to get reset notes? thanks for your help

Bloodpaint is a sin skill they get at level 34 and it can be given to any of the standard melee classes. These are Sin, BM, Barb, and Seeker. Unfortunately, archers or venos don't get it even if they are using claws or melee attacks.

There are no reset notes in the event gold area. You can see what is in there by checking the Event tab in the boutique. Hit "O" to open the boutique and in the top left there are three tabs; Shop, Events, Bids. Hit the Event tab and check out whats available.

Unless you are attached to your character name its usually quicker and cheaper to just restart a character alot of the times. If not, then you can buy gold with either real life money or change game coin to gold at the Auction House (AH). The going rate lately is around 1.5m for 1 gold. There are sales for reset notes every 2 or 3 months and the cost is roughly cut in half.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I solo without BP because I am a god damn man. Get at my level other BMs.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I solo without BP because I am a god damn man. Get at my level other BMs.

Can i pay you to play my bm? 15 dollars per hour?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Updated thread (for once I know)

Removed outdated 2nd and 3rd tier builds

Updated some text to actually acknowledge the existence of 3rd cast r9

Glad the FAQ was made more for general advise than for specifics right now or that would have taken more than the token effort it did.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow there isn't a link to a thread about genie skill suggestions... I wonder if there is one that is deeper in these 'sub' forums?...

Although it is quite outdated, some of the info can be transfered anyways... but still there is (yes it is mine) my thread about the delta instance old style... still here it is.

Feel free not to put it on there idc, up to you.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Wow there isn't a link to a thread about genie skill suggestions... I wonder if there is one that is deeper in these 'sub' forums?...

Although it is quite outdated, some of the info can be transfered anyways... but still there is (yes it is mine) my thread about the delta instance old style... still here it is.

Feel free not to put it on there idc, up to you.

TheDan's guide is mostly about genie setup, largely for pvp. A basic genie setup for pve isn't too difficult to figure out. CE, HP, TM, AD, ToP, Earthflame, depending on how many skills your LP allow.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    TheDan's guide is mostly about genie setup, largely for pvp. A basic genie setup for pve isn't too difficult to figure out. CE, HP, TM, AD, ToP, Earthflame, depending on how many skills your LP allow.

Indeed I agree it does have some useful info for pvp, and evne a little for pve... assuming you know how to transfer it over so to speak.

As for pve I feel the usefulness of AD could absolutely be debated. <3 (Personally I so prefer AM compared to AD... especially from my delta guide.) I have found am useful in a lot more places than just delta as well. I can even think of a skill that could potentially be substituted for CE... but yea I do prefer ce over chi siphon.

Also while it 'may not be too difficult to figure out' there still isn't a guide for it, and not everyone is willing to figure it out... not to mention if you haven't played a bm which clearly you and I have... that is when its not difficult to figure out a useful pve genie setup.

It's too bad I am too lazy to make a guide myself atm... I don't have the time atm to go through, and test all the skills on a genie, and there will undoubtedly be ones that are hard to choose between on which should be in the genies skillset.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    As for pve I feel the usefulness of AD could absolutely be debated. <3 (Personally I so prefer AM compared to AD... especially from my delta guide.) I have found am useful in a lot more places than just delta as well. I can even think of a skill that could potentially be substituted for CE... but yea I do prefer ce over chi siphon.

The only real benefit of AM over AD is its spammability. AM is meant for grabbing aggro but its aggro value is basically zero, it just allows you to bring mobs into bb without them aggroing the cleric. Any dd that attacks while this happen will end up tanking because there is no aggro value to AM. It's really a last resort for pullers or for people who are pulling that shouldn't be.

Aggroing with your damage is much more practical and safe for the squad, and is usually very simple with paint since your aoes will heal you every attack (AM won't heal you obviously.) If you can't survive stopping and aoeing you can use AD while you circle around to aoe/stun the mobs. The 3 minute cd of AD is rough. About the only place I'd use Alpha Male is in Metal when sealed, and in that case it's still much safer to AD (they can't seal you while ADed) and aoe the mobs a few time before pulling back. Then you're guaranteed to have aggro for a bit.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    The only real benefit of AM over AD is its spammability. AM is meant for grabbing aggro but its aggro value is basically zero, it just allows you to bring mobs into bb without them aggroing the cleric. Any dd that attacks while this happen will end up tanking because there is no aggro value to AM. It's really a last resort for pullers or for people who are pulling that shouldn't be.

Aggroing with your damage is much more practical and safe for the squad, and is usually very simple with paint since your aoes will heal you every attack (AM won't heal you obviously.) If you can't survive stopping and aoeing you can use AD while you circle around to aoe/stun the mobs. The 3 minute cd of AD is rough. About the only place I'd use Alpha Male is in Metal when sealed, and in that case it's still much safer to AD (they can't seal you while ADed) and aoe the mobs a few time before pulling back. Then you're guaranteed to have aggro for a bit.

I still find it useful in the situation that you yourself brought up... pulling in aggro so we can pull mobs in safely so the cleric doesnt get heal aggro in BB, AM also does 'aggro-grab' at a far larger range than our aoes. (alpha male does actually have a little bit of aggro grabbing potential thanks to the reflect buff it puts on people... really sucks though that it overwrites the venos reflect buff D:) I also feel that if you wanted to prevent the seal in metal that would be better suited for a heart of steel on genie... which has a far faster cooldown than AD, as well as a lower stamina cost if I am not mistaken. :$

EDIT: Definitely debatable on which is actually better/more useful/safer to use, etc. (edit) No question in my mind about which is better for pvp... I wouldn't dare to dream of using AM in there.

Still I really love using alpha male, and I hate it when I see a bm without it on their genie, most don't aoe, and even the ones that do their aoe range misses a significant amount of the mobs, and with alpha male you don't have to stop outside of bb risking a death due to too much damage.... (edit: although you likely know this already... a death by you... and if your the only 'tank' in squad... that could seriously spell real bad news for the rest of the squad trying to pick up the pieces while you res) though yes with ad you get a few seconds of immunity, but I still feel its safer to just grab quick aggro, (with AM) and high tail it back into the cleric's bb. (especially when undergeared) :P ... EDIT: In other words I do indeed believe it has more benefit over AD, than just the spammabliity.

Edit 2: In case you couldn't tell I disagree that it is more practical, but yea i am sure if my gear was far better, and I actually had the patience to make sure I grabbed enough aggro all around before coming in... that would be safer for the squad... still I so prefer AM.

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can do just fine with will surge in metal, and using Blade Hurl or Tangling Mire for a long range AoE opener. The only time I've ever used AM was in stage 3 / 9 back in my level 90s. It resets aggro so pretty much the DD take full aggro after the initial second of pulling. I can't really think of many instances left in PWI that would require AM, maybe in a very light DD squad in Trial 9 because they get stuck on the angels.

It was pretty useful when initially designed and released when everyone was lesser geared, but has gradually become less useful when even the casters in squad have 15k+ hp and as much phys def as some HA. I like AD because it allows you immunity to build aggro with aoe skills including HF and healing with BP, whereas AM is just a temporary aggro pull then aggro reset.

I'm pretty sure if R9 never existed it would still be a lot more useful than it is now, a lot of things have become obsolete due to the fact that there is so much OP gear available on the game now. Take for example, flesh ream on a barb is basically worthless compared to sin DPS. They'd need to make major design changes to balance everything again with all the gear factored in.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    You can do just fine with will surge in metal, and using Blade Hurl or Tangling Mire for a long range AoE opener. The only time I ever used AM was in stage 3 / 9 back in my level 90s. It resets aggro so pretty much the DD take full aggro after the initial second of pulling. I can't really think of many instances left in PWE that would require AM, maybe in a very light DD squad in Trial 9 because they get stuck on the angels.

It was pretty useful when everyone was lesser geared, but has gradually become less useful when even the casters in squad have 15k+ hp and as much phys def as some HA. I like AD because it allows you immunity to build aggro with aoe skills, whereas AM is just temporary aggro reset.

I really didn't meant to 'knock' anyone down so to speak when I said "I hate it when I see bms without AM on their genie".... but yea I don't think your nor saku took offense to it.

Too each their own, I still prefer alpha male, as I prefer not to be tanking mobs outside of bb if I can help it, especially on a class that isn't exactly meant to take damage for a prolonged period of time, yes there is bp, since that was implemented, what you and Saku talk about sounds a lot more possible to do... I still feel it is safer to just grab quick aggro, pull in, and not risk staying out too long and risk dying. Not to mention how impatient people have gotten, most will just whack at the mobs while your whacking away, which I think could be potential trouble. (though this could easily be an arguable reason not to use alpha male, because as you and saku both pointed out it does not grab much aggro, still even with that fact I still do find it immensely useful in many situations.)

I do agree it has gotten a bit less useful these days especially with all the gear progressions, as well as the fact that delta is HARDLY even ran outside of bh's sadly. D: Though I do still use it to do FAST pulls, and bring the mobs back into the bb/aoes of others.

EDIT: What I love to do when there is squishies in the squad is this... go outside of bb, wait, then pull with AM when mobs spawn, then get as many mobs rounded up into the aoes, turn around ASAP and Myraid Sword Stance the mobs, run up and stun/aoe my *** off... saves the cleric, (me from potentially dying due to staying away for too long), as well as the squishies in squad. (for the most part it does anyways)... perhaps not as badass or useful as ADing, and aoeing the mobs with your own skills... that method (of am, mss, stun, etc) has indeed worked for me well over 95% of the time.... (as far as keeping everyone alive)... 100% of the time while pulling.... assuming alpha male is ready/I am not lagging badlyish. /o\ (edit: it keeps clerics alive 100% of the time)

Also miring before you pull the mobs in seems like a complete waste, albeit maybe a necessary one if you really need to grab aggro before pulling in.

I don't think many bms have blade hurl learned... at least I am fairly sure they dont... at least not on my server, sword cyclone might actually be somewhat effective for pulling in, but it seems like it could be just as dangerous as trying to hit all the mobs before bringing them in. :$

EDIT: Reply to your edit: I agree a lot of skills/things need reworked with all the upgraded gears in game... BUT one skill that I have found that helps (barbs keep aggro) RIDICOLOUSLY well is stomp of the king, (barbs morai skill from aeu) i can't count how many times it has helped my demon barb keep aggro when it really had no other chance otherwise.

• Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Delta is an odd ball instance now with new gear updates. Casters can solo the place with a bit of bb help or auras. Casters can do awesome damage.

Basically people are gearing up quite well now, so damage is increasing. About a year and a half ago, there were a few squads that used to fail in delta 2 for reasons i will not mention. Same squads will have one OP person where things will work out in the end.

If the mobs got melee damage reduction buff, it might be a different ball game.
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Wow, someone must've trolled OP something fierce.

What in this guide is still applicable today...?