BM FAQ-look here before makeing a thread

Comments

• Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    One thing that might be worth tossing in, is changes to old posts in reference to new material.

Like when Gorenox first came out, they were a viable alternative to the TT80 fists by a slight amount when chi was taken into accout; but all this was before hypers and FCC came about. So if they looked in old posts they would see Gorenox as being worth it if the price isn't too high, but nowadays the leveling is so quick (with 85 being a point when getting FCC groups is so easy), that it really is no longer worth it unless tossing them to alts later on.

Also with rank IX and such, a brief overview of how new content has changed old posts could be useful on the FAC; especially when people get told to search so often :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hi this may be a noob question, but i'm alittle bit confused with marrowing when facing archers. I'm still fairly new with my bm. I was doing some searching and found that some like to always be magic marrowed, seen posts where people laughed at bms marrowing, or only marrow when archer cast lightning attacks. Can ya help me out? b:surrender
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    mkat wrote: »
    Hi this may be a noob question, but i'm alittle bit confused with marrowing when facing archers. I'm still fairly new with my bm. I was doing some searching and found that some like to always be magic marrowed, seen posts where people laughed at bms marrowing, or only marrow when archer cast lightning attacks. Can ya help me out? b:surrender

Depends on the archer and your cultivation as well as gear refines and buffs. For example if your sage and mag marrow on an archer self buffed its basicly suicide

on anythign less than a refined lunar/rank 8 archer, ya go ahead and mag marrow (unless they have demon QS)

i personaly stay unmarrowed till i see the channel animation on a metal attack, If i can stun or proc OI/have low geni energy and TE is off cooldown i dont bother with marrow if i cant, then i pop it and demon bell to keep from dieing the second the archer gets range

play with it and find what works
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    mkat wrote: »

Although I agree with Josh I don't think its practical. You rarely know what sage and demon skills someone has in pk until they've used them against you and by then its already too late. I also can't manage to recognize the channeling animation of a specific skill and marrow in time, then switch back marrows for every skill they use.

General rule is to avoid either marrow of hybrid damage classes: These are your clerics and your archers. The reason is marrows enhance one type of defense and nerf another making you vulnerable and any archer or cleric worth a damn will watch your marrows and immediately start attacking with the opposite, ie you magic marrow against a cleric and they Plume Shot physical damage or you physical marrow against an archer and they metal attack with Thunderous Blast. Not to mention they already have combined magical and physical damage with Blazing Arrow.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Although I agree with Josh I don't think its practical. You rarely know what sage and demon skills someone has in pk until they've used them against you and by then its already too late. I also can't manage to recognize the channeling animation of a specific skill and marrow in time, then switch back marrows for every skill they use.

General rule is to avoid either marrow of hybrid damage classes: These are your clerics and your archers. The reason is marrows enhance one type of defense and nerf another making you vulnerable and any archer or cleric worth a damn will watch your marrows and immediately start attacking with the opposite, ie you magic marrow against a cleric and they Plume Shot physical damage or you physical marrow against an archer and they metal attack with Thunderous Blast. Not to mention they already have combined magical and physical damage with Blazing Arrow.

Archers =/= clerics

clerics cant gut you with the higest base attack in game at near 50% crit at a shot a second

archers cant metal skill 1 shot you without marrow up unless they are at a much higher refine clerics can

on red comments, learning other class skills is 100% nessecary for pk have a freind show you the animations, and stunlocking takes far more precise timeing than a marrow counter if the poster cant manage basics like that it will not survive in pk no matter what anyone tells it
  • mkat
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for your input. My stun locking isnt to bad actually, was the first thing I made sure to practice. Ah ok so it was sage bms marrowing they were laughing at, guess I missed that part, thanks.b:surrender
    i personaly stay unmarrowed till i see the channel animation on a metal attack, If i can stun or proc OI/have low geni energy and TE is off cooldown i dont bother with marrow if i cant, then i pop it and demon bell to keep from dieing the second the archer gets range

I would always go in magic marrowed, but I like this idea better, really does seem more effiecient. Also I havent went up against any rank 8 archers yet, guess thats why I havent had any problems yet.

Thank you I will play with it and find what works, seems I still have a bit to learn. Having alot of fun though b:pleasedb:bye
  • UnderYourBed - Heavens Tear
    UnderYourBed - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Personally I think this post is a good idea and I agree that we do need such a post in the forums to help all new blade masters, so thank u OP for writing it. But i also think it is a bit biased and for a lack of a better term.. rude. I would have liked it a lot more if it was more professionally written.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Personally I think this post is a good idea and I agree that we do need such a post in the forums to help all new blade masters, so thank u OP for writing it. But i also think it is a bit biased and for a lack of a better term.. rude. I would have liked it a lot more if it was more professionally written.

How is it biased? idk how its biased.

How is it not professionally written? Is it because he threatens people with a flame if they ask an idiotic question?
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • mkat
    edited April 2011
    Hi, again guys b:surrender

Ok I just had a question about demon glacial spike, I'm not around that level or anything, but ive been seen it going for only 5mil in AH and WC. Ive been reading in the forums of how good a skill it is, is it really only worth 5mil?? Seems like it should be worth more then that, should I grab it quick now while I can or is 5mil not really a deal?? Thanks and sorry if this was answered before. b:surrender
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    i got mine for 4 mill

its an amazing skill however almost no BM's can CC correctly so it goes cheap

if your good at CCing get it now if your not learn how and get it now
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    Taiako - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This FAQ seems nice... but if I may give some constructive criticism.

On a couple of the segments, you come off as, to put it bluntly, a jerkass. That's all well and goood normally, but IMO, not for a guide. The whole "Dont feed me that 'playstyle matters' ****" line, the "if you must go sage to be different (the only real reason) go ahead heres 200 mirages and a celstial shism mold you'll be needing them later" part, and the "if you are considering this accept that no squads will want you ever." part is quite harsh and pretty offensive. They can be considered flame bait as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not protesting what you're trying to get at in those lines, but I suggest wording them a little nicer.

Good uck with the FAQ in the future~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ^Harsh words or not, a lot of people still are still ignorant and thinks Sage is better, when it's clearly not.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    Taiako - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Still, I just think he shouldn't word it like that. If he can't get through to those BMs, there must be a good reason for it. I'm just suggesting a rewording, that's all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    This FAQ seems nice... but if I may give some constructive criticism.

On a couple of the segments, you come off as, to put it bluntly, a jerkass. That's all well and goood normally, but IMO, not for a guide. The whole "Dont feed me that 'playstyle matters' ****" line, the "if you must go sage to be different (the only real reason) go ahead heres 200 mirages and a celstial shism mold you'll be needing them later" part, and the "if you are considering this accept that no squads will want you ever." part is quite harsh and pretty offensive. They can be considered flame bait as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not protesting what you're trying to get at in those lines, but I suggest wording them a little nicer.

Good uck with the FAQ in the future~

Kaste made a nice version that coddles to others feelings and such i'll link it for those with cases of womanitis (a tragic disease)

The guide is scatheing cynical and at times downright mean, mainly because thats how i am to everone. I have no intention of changeing the voice or message of the guide however syntax errors are free game. dysgraphics no type good.

Ok full disclaimier and a link to kasted FAQ are up, any more Q.Q about the style of this guide will be met with flame and possibly full on imolation. Smokey the bear dosent care if a few tards get charred to ash and will give me sexy bear snuggles if i do. Beware.
  • Cenire - Sanctuary
    Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've read all the guides, but I'm still a bit confused with weapon choice as well. I just made a BM, it's only lvl 11 at the moment.

Are blades a bad choice at lower lvls? Some people have told me blades suck in general, but then I wonder why people buy the Deicide blade?

I know fists are great at aps, but when it comes to fcc, I always see the BM switching between fists/axes and I haven't paid attention to when they do. So can anyone explain this?

And I haven't done Nirvana yet on any of my toons, but I plan for my BM to be the first. What's the best weapon(s) choice for it?

All mmorpg's that I've played have been magic classes, so generally I've stuck around with one weapon. This is the first time I'm making a melee character, so I'm very new at this.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    I've read all the guides, but I'm still a bit confused with weapon choice as well. I just made a BM, it's only lvl 11 at the moment.

Are blades a bad choice at lower lvls? Some people have told me blades suck in general, but then I wonder why people buy the Deicide blade?

I know fists are great at aps, but when it comes to fcc, I always see the BM switching between fists/axes and I haven't paid attention to when they do. So can anyone explain this?
    And I haven't done Nirvana yet on any of my toons, but I plan for my BM to be the first. What's the best weapon(s) choice for it?
    All mmorpg's that I've played have been magic classes, so generally I've stuck around with one weapon. This is the first time I'm making a melee character, so I'm very new at this.

Those are claws. Blades are just meh aat everything so endgame they dont really have a use outside of MSSing in pve for the damaage reduction

Fists are for single target DPS axes are for aoe, stuns spike damage and HF

you'll know when the time comes
  • gstavobm
    gstavobm Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So I was reading Lyndura's Blademaster Class Guide http://pwi- wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Lyndura%27s_Blademaster_Class_Guide. and I'm confused about the stats for fist/claws.

First the guide says and I quote:

"Stats requirement every two levels to wear different weapon paths. Fist/Claw STR 3 DEX 4"

And then the next tab says:

"The next table shows the common builds for different weapon paths, using as a base two levels (10 stat points): Stats requirement every two levels to wear different weapon paths. Fist/Claw STR 5 DEX 4"

So, which one is it? STR 3 DEX 4 or STR 5 DEX 4 ?
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    it's 3str 2dex every level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • knucks
    knucks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Those are claws. Blades are just meh aat everything so endgame they dont really have a use outside of MSSing in pve for the damaage reduction

Fists are for single target DPS axes are for aoe, stuns spike damage and HF

you'll know when the time comes

I think what is confusing him is the fact that in the deicide description( if you hover over the weapon and veiw its name and stats), it quite literally states "blade". which is confusing because the weapon uses fist skills and is fist/claw speed.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    knucks wrote: »
    I think what is confusing him is the fact that in the deicide description( if you hover over the weapon and veiw its name and stats), it quite literally states "blade". which is confusing because the weapon uses fist skills and is fist/claw speed.

that is more than a little weird
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Kinda fitting that this be a double post.

Well not crazy self important enough to make a new thread for this expectign rains of flowers and wailing women over my toons lifeless body, but i'll be quiting till the game is rebalanced.

So the way things look? forever.

Will drop by now and again to update the FAQ and flame idiots.

Well all the people i could call friends quit a long time ago with the exeption of 3 (No i'm not calling you out, you know who you are damit), and hell if i'm saying goodbye to them msn/skype ftw! So i'd just like to issue a final "shove it up your a.ss" to any and all axe bm's out there. Hey, fists were good after all you dirty little craps <3

Joshcja- The god damn fist bm of sanctuary
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Our nada will be missed for his nada in nada then will nada all the nada back to nada...

Anyway, was excellent playing with you sir. Will watch the FAQ and throw out the occasional foul mouthed burn at sage/1 weapon only/LA/TT99 is better/ FW ftw anyone? idiot that trouls our forums in remembrance of you. I think you'll be back when you see the rubble build up and just want to punch someone in the face at 5.0. Have fun in real life or what you find as an alternative to it. Later Bro.

b:bye
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Our nada will be missed for his nada in nada then will nada all the nada back to nada...

Anyway, was excellent playing with you sir. Will watch the FAQ and throw out the occasional foul mouthed burn at sage/1 weapon only/LA/TT99 is better/ FW ftw anyone? idiot that trouls our forums in remembrance of you. I think you'll be back when you see the rubble build up and just want to punch someone in the face at 5.0. Have fun in real life or what you find as an alternative to it. Later Bro.

b:bye

^_^ remember to serenade jane with shoes every chance you get :3

(Ya the forums to amuseing to stop lurking entirely)
  • knucks
    knucks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    that is more than a little weird

Never noticed that Josh?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    knucks wrote: »
    Never noticed that Josh?

Did lol its just odd, it used to be clawb:surrender
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i'll be quiting till the game is rebalanced.
    You'll have far better luck going to a P2P game, unless you wanna wait about 20 years.

You know it's true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Good read and interesting idea, and well, I am way off base
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    long overdue update on sage/demon post CC (rest in peace) and a disclaimer on endgame more to come in that respect, build posts will be the final addition to the guide for the time being
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My sticky is better than yours, ijs. (even if it's made for a fail class)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    My sticky is bett... wait. I was never stickied. Damn!