Use of mirage's for buff's yes or no

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    These aren't your daddy's squad buffs. These are rune buffs. Compare the cost of these to any other rune buff in the game and you'll see they are the cheapest there is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    These aren't your daddy's squad buffs. These are rune buffs. Compare the cost of these to any other rune buff in the game and you'll see they are the cheapest there is.

i charge for mine because i dont need the buff from the squad i use the self buff for my own buff so if people want mine they pay me a mirage or dont get it. the fact is though it costs a mirage and it shouldnt. sure they go on your weapon but its a squad buff none the less. hell i say remove the mirage cost and make it go on the player instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ok how about making cleric buffs cost a mirage would you be ok with that? or bell? or every squad buff or buff that can be cast on another player that should take a mirage too. if you do it to one class you should do it to every class.

Fo show.

WTT Frostblade buff for mirages
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ok how about making cleric buffs cost a mirage would you be ok with that? or bell? or every squad buff or buff that can be cast on another player that should take a mirage too. if you do it to one class you should do it to every class.
    one of the dumbest QQs:
    "Why cant i have it if they have it"
    "Why dont they have it if i have to have it"

on a sidenote im playing seeker and sucking it up. I did my homework and found a steady way to make income in pwi without the need to cash shop to fund my self chosen seeker class. (and no i dont do BH) So yeah its not like i dont understand the pain (and the mp usage) of this seeker class. Only thing diff. is im using my time more efficiently, instead of complaining im moving my **** and getting stuff done or thinking of new ideas to profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sure, sounds fine to me, hell just make it all squad buffs cost a mirage.

A lot of clerics will ragequit if that happens... >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This thread is mostly:

Lower levels: OMG A MIRAGE TO USE THE BUFF! NOT FAIR!

High levels: It's just a mirage......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited March 2011
    This thread is mostly:

People that are poor, who have a hard time getting money: OMG A MIRAGE TO USE THE BUFF! NOT FAIR!

People with a TON of money or CashShop alot: It's just a mirage......

Fixed.. Its more like that, and its true. Its not like people always have 10k to spend for a 30 min buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited March 2011
    Fixed.. Its more like that, and its true. Its not like people always have 10k to spend for a 30 min buff.
    u forgot to add that some pple who dont haven money dont really try also. (ex. game beggars)
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    u forgot to add that some pple who dont haven money dont really try also. (ex. game beggars)

im no beggar i worked for all my money yet i dont have the money to throw out a buff on my seeker while still trying to refine his gear and also shard it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    10k is not "a ton of money" and at high levels mirages practically fall into your inventory. Sometimes I'll check my inventory and notice that I somehow have an extra 100 or so mirages with no idea how I got them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited March 2011
    im no beggar i worked for all my money yet i dont have the money to throw out a buff on my seeker while still trying to refine his gear and also shard it.

She met for the people who just QQ about they mirage cost and are to lazy to make money.

I also have this problem, I'm not like those super good merchants or cashshopers who make money in 5 sec's, so when I get my seeker up I don't want to deal with paying extra money for a 30 min buff. I just think it will be fair for those buffs to cost just MP like every other class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited March 2011
    10k is not "a ton of money" and at high levels mirages practically fall into your inventory. Sometimes I'll check my inventory and notice that I somehow have an extra 100 or so mirages with no idea how I got them.

Sorry if I double post. b:surrender

That's because you are at 101 so you can make money very easy and if you are married, you got that quest that gives you mirages and I would think there are some other endgame dailies that give you free mirages, while others who cant make money so easily (like me at some points) or merchant well, so ijs it will be fair if it just cost MP like every other class. I'm not QQing ijs it will be better off that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Asura_Shiva - Raging Tide
    Asura_Shiva - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    More buffs = more money

looks at herc

Stronger for beginners = 200 USD

I don't see where it is going different (j/k mainly)

____

Anyways I think Saber Rattle is **** but it is worth it if you have a extra mirage. The 2nd AoE rune buff is nice. Gives Barbs more def as with everyone else.

+ Gives Rune Buff - takes away Rune Buff that may be better

Up to you if you kill your team due to giving a lower level buff. =D
    Other IGN:
    Ratsael - RT - 61
    RaveR_mnant - RT - 47
    edited March 2011
    i meant those pple that beg in faction/public for gears and ****
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I sometimes make an item that will RESIST refining. I have a Unicorn that took somewhere north of 140 mirages to get to +3. That was after I wasted 60 or so trying to even get it to +2. I used Tienkeng stones on it, wasted a very large number of them on it in fact. I attempted to refine it myself, using the Tienkeng stones, and it only ever got to +1 maybe twice out of around 30 tries. I gave up and had a friend who is better at refining take a shot at it, and she used 100 of my mirages, and around 40 of her own, and only got it to +3. She did get my Wind and Clouds to +4 using one Tisha stone and 10 mirages, IIRC.

And thus, I have 10 Mirages right now.

So, my Seeker, if I even level her, will get the special buffs. However, if a squad wants the buffs, I'm going to ask for partial compensation for them, unless I have a stock of Mirages again.

I'd also be willing to be a Buff Bunny for people for mirages. I need them... Since I'm not spending any more money on PWI until things get fixed, IE, Rubberbanding, I can't afford DOrbs. :( However... I jumped on an NPC's head on accident in the expansion area, and to my complete and utter SHOCK, I did NOT rubberband. There is a glimmer of hope! I've also noticed a huge improvement rubberbanding occurrences, it seems to be decreasing in frequency, at least for me, so I may be able to start buying DObs again. :D And kites. b:pleased
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All i gotta to say is... thank god i don't run with poor people.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited March 2011
    Honestly noone is forcing you to use that buff all the time. Noone forces you to use attack charms, charm, or the best ammo as well. Keep in mind other classes have their costs. Mystics have high MP usage, archers have a class-exclusive cost of having to buy ammo.

Again when you realize these are the cheapest rune buffs in the game and that seekers get exclusive access to them they compare favorably.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • arkangel001
    arkangel001 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i cant only see Rawrgh and Deceptistar talking a LOT about the mirage cost for the buff

this is easy, u already gave us ur opinion about

u r not more important than anyone

u just dont have to question all reviews

respect the opinions of all so as we respect those of you
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    u r not more important than anyone

Yes I am.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    By the time the buffs that cost mirages start to be a factor, you'll be at a point where you'll earn more in an hour of leisurely grinding than the cost of the two mirages. By far, too.

Even more so if you're running around with a Jones' Blessing, which would decrease the effectiveness of the 3 attack level buff. Or if you happen to be sharded with DoDs or JSoDs.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • arkangel001
    arkangel001 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yes I am.

so mature... keep going
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ive got a seeker, never learned that buff, never going to until they do away with the rediculous mirage cost/

No other class has to use a mirage to buff.

For the record i have yet to even see a seeker use it, that buff might as well not even exist.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Apparently ppl dont even remember the tideborn comming of age quest chain that gives several mirages at 4x (which is when u even start getting bhs where it'd MIGHT be of any use)

frankly, if u get those u can kinda slowly merchant them off selling for like 14k ish(RT's sell price for mirages) and buy for like 13k ish (from, you know the hundreds of lv100s who've just finished BH and got 50 mirages in their invent they wanna sell for some profit cause they didnt get the ecstasy cards they wanted)

srsly, instead of whining about a buff you wouldnt even Need till higher lvs past when u learn it, u might wanna think of ways to get some <_<
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You're missing the point some of you..... why the hell should we even have to PAY to use a buff? No one else does.....
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    You're missing the point some of you..... why the hell should we even have to PAY to use a buff? No one else does.....

No i get it, but what i wanna ask is WHY are u guys complaining about a buff that u dont even Need at all?,(unless u actually thought youd need it for tanking with the 513546513 aps sins/bms and keep agro)

if it was w/o cost cept maybe cost a spark itd make the couple anniversary blessings i still got more useful but not rly needed

actually if it cost a spark to use id just ask to be buffed then pass a spark back
    edited March 2011

I pay to use rune buffs and thats exactly what these are.. only the seeker ones are much cheaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    No i get it, but what i wanna ask is WHY are u guys complaining about a buff that u dont even Need at all?,(unless u actually thought youd need it for tanking with the 513546513 aps sins/bms and keep agro)

if it was w/o cost cept maybe cost a spark itd make the couple anniversary blessings i still got more useful but not rly needed

actually if it cost a spark to use id just ask to be buffed then pass a spark back

why are you complaining about us complaining the fact is your buffs dont cost a mirage so you dont care. our buff costs us a mirage and lasts 30 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    LOL if i remember right (i'm not gonna go fly to a npc in game right now to look), the max lvl rune buffs cost what, 4 Average shards??? 200k for a buff? ROFL anyone uses that they're freakign stupid..... or stupid rich and doesnt' care. Using up a mirage for a buff doesnt' even come close to that...... Point is some of DO care about even spending 10k-15... 17k for a buff. NO OTHER CLASS has to. It's just stupid. end of story...... shoulda just made these buffs cost 1 or even two sparks.....
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    why are you complaining about us complaining the fact is your buffs dont cost a mirage so you dont care. our buff costs us a mirage and lasts 30 minutes.

lol that wasnt complaining that was asking a question, could care less if u dont like it or not

and the "if i cant have it, you cant have it" kind of attitude rly doesnt help
  • Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    and the only Class who will never have them is the Seeker himself b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.