Use of mirage's for buff's yes or no

Boytiger - Sanctuary
Boytiger - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Ok enough talk about the use of mirage's to use the new seeker buff's, time to say to PWI yes or no.
I for one say a BIG FAT NO
No other class has to use them for buffs.
Post edited by Boytiger - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yes, mirages are so common and the only real way they get drained is when people are really really unlucky and try to refine without orbs. It's nice to have a decent drain of them, maybe prices will go up now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver
    Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok enough talk about the use of mirage's to use the new seeker buff's, time to say to PWI yes or no.

+1 I agree, the flow of mirages is almost mad b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Im a troll ;..;b:cute
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    why exactly should mirage prices be significantly higher than NPC prices for them? what good purpose would that serve?

that said, if somebody wants squad buffs off of my seeker, i'll be happy to provide them in exchange for a mirage each. not gonna start carrying the damn things around on my own dime when going to grind or BH, i don't need mirages to kill mobs. somebody wants a free buff out of me --- i'l log my veno and bramble them, that's a buff they can have for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    why exactly should mirage prices be significantly higher than NPC prices for them? what good purpose would that serve?

that said, if somebody wants squad buffs off of my seeker, i'll be happy to provide them in exchange for a mirage each. not gonna start carrying the damn things around on my own dime when going to grind or BH, i don't need mirages to kill mobs. somebody wants a free buff out of me --- i'l log my veno and bramble them, that's a buff they can have for free.

aren't you special... just like barbs who charge repair bills... cleric who charge for mp... and archer who charge for mp/arrows.

no real end game player is going to charge their squad for the cost of a buff. that is reserved for cheapskate who in the grand scheme of things is more then expandable.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • arkangel001
    arkangel001 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yes, mirages are so common and the only real way they get drained is when people are really really unlucky and try to refine without orbs. It's nice to have a decent drain of them, maybe prices will go up now.

what about mirages for "Strength of the Titans" or "Beast King's Inspiration"??

why not, cuz u r a barb??

c'mon.......................

and why do u want them to go up??

+1
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    what about mirages for "Strength of the Titans" or "Beast King's Inspiration"??

why not, cuz u r a barb??

c'mon.......................

and why do u want them to go up??

+1
    Sure, sounds fine to me, hell just make it all squad buffs cost a mirage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i guess using mirages suck more if u havnt established a steady income in pwi....

i merchant so...personally im fine...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seeker buffs aren't normal buffs.

They are like runecrafting and a mirage is much cheaper than even the cheapest runes. Other classes can spend alot for those runes while seekers get about the same or better effect with a much cheaper cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited March 2011
    no real end game player is going to charge their squad for the cost of a buff.

maybe, maybe not; i'll tell you when i reach endgame. until then, 15-20k coin for a ten-minute squad buff isn't worth it to me, that much i DO know.

but hey, if a squad of five endgame players can't afford to cough up 4k coin each (maximum --- unless rawrgh gets his wish and mirs increase in price a lot) for their ten-minute buff... you tell me, would that count as "special" or not past level 100?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yay for unused buffs until a character hits BH100 and gets 50 mirages. Too bad if this is your first character. I know if cleric buffs, or better yet, revive, cost a mirage, I know a LOT of people being forced back to town.

Would this buff even be useful AT 100 or make you seek out a seeker for squads like a sin just for their blood paint?
    ---
    Improves the defensive capability of you and your party, within 15 meters.
    Increases character's Defense Level by 5,
    lasts for 30 minutes.
    Costs 1 Mirage Celestone.
    The Active Blessings: Bladed Fervor, Saber Rattle, and Krav Maga, can only be used one at a time.
    This skill does not stack with Rune buffs.
    ---
    Enhances the fighting ability of you and your party, within 15 meters.
    Increases weapon's Attack Level by 3,
    lasts for 30 minutes.
    Consumes 1 Mirage Celestone.
    The Active Blessings: Bladed Fervor, Saber Rattle, and Krav Maga, can only be used one at a time.
    ---

Really? Attack level +3 or Defence level +5? Not worth a mirage to me. With as much of a flow as there is of soul gems and chi stones, I'd rather runecraft. I'll keep mirages for refining, thank you.

EDIT:
    Weapon's Critical strike rate is increased by 1%,
    Attack Level is increased by 3, and Defense level is increased by 1.

The Active Blessings: Bladed Fervor, Saber Rattle,
    and Krav Maga, can only be used one at a time.
    ---
    This skill is free and is already better than spending a mirage stone for one of the other two.
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For the dungeons that don't drop mirages, you'll have to either suck it up or not use your buff. That's really what it comes down to. For the instances that do drop mirages, compensation will be relatively easy. It will be an expense for some, but it's not game breaking.

In fact, rather than rant and rave about skills costing the price of a mirage...

... why not use this knowledge to make a little coin for yourself?

b:puzzled
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    maybe, maybe not; i'll tell you when i reach endgame. until then, 15-20k coin for a ten-minute squad buff isn't worth it to me, that much i DO know.

but hey, if a squad of five endgame players can't afford to cough up 4k coin each (maximum --- unless rawrgh gets his wish and mirs increase in price a lot) for their ten-minute buff... you tell me, would that count as "special" or not past level 100?
    Thirty minute

And you guys are making such a huge fuss as if mirages are valuable. Most players I know past 80 end up with more than they know what to do with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boytiger - Sanctuary
    Boytiger - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    OK maybe PWI can start a poll on the use of mirages for seeker buff's or buff's in general and go with that.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Most players I know past 80 end up with more than they know what to do with.

That'd be me. I need what, 50 mirages to +2 all my gear without orbs?

Maybe these kids just need to do the TB chain, cuz that thing gives like 30+ mirages. Honestly, what else is there to use mirages for besides refining, which is something you really don't do that often tbh.
    edited March 2011
    And you guys are making such a huge fuss as if mirages are valuable. Most players I know past 80 end up with more than they know what to do with.

eh, i'm not even making plans for my gaming past level 80. at the speed i level, that could be another six months. :-/ if i get there and find mirs are something i'm dropping on the ground because i don't want to take the effort of setting up a catshop by the archosaur elder, then maybe i'll start sending them to my seeker; i'll see when i get there.
    edited March 2011
    OK maybe PWI can start a poll on the use of mirages for seeker buff's or buff's in general and go with that.

or maybe things can stay the same. That buff is too powerful to just spam like any other buff. +4 defense levels are immense. Could you imagine a faction having everyone buffed with an additional 4 defense levels for every TW like they do with other buffs?

side note- powerful factions will be doing that because of all the mirages they have from the new old TW pay (ucwutididthar?)

Now if you want to debate with me that force stealth should cost a mirage to use, we might be on the same side...
  • magena
    edited March 2011
    That'd be me. I need what, 50 mirages to +2 all my gear without orbs?

Maybe these kids just need to do the TB chain, cuz that thing gives like 30+ mirages. Honestly, what else is there to use mirages for besides refining, which is something you really don't do that often tbh.

Some people, like me, are just extremely unlucky when it comes to refinement. A month or so ago, I would have agreed with you. I had 500+ mirages for BH100. Now, I have maybe 2 mirages to my name after trying to refine my sin's equipment and wound up with only +2 at most. My cleric's gear isn't even past +3 unless it's my old TT90 which was made +5 with orbs.

Lol, the refinement helpers didn't help much either. +4 at most with them with no d orbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    magena wrote: »
    Some people, like me, are just extremely unlucky when it comes to refinement.

And some people are just unbelievably lucky in things like opening packs. That's how things are.

Fact of the matter is the average person doesn't have horrible luck when it comes to refining. I managed to +5 my tt90 wep with mirages and refining aids. Now I know I got really lucky with that, but all I'm saying is that most people aren't as unlucky as you.

Besides, at your level you could had grinded a couple mill, bought some d orbs, and still had too many mirages to count.
  • magena
    edited March 2011
    And some people are just unbelievably lucky in things like opening packs. That's how things are.

Fact of the matter is the average person doesn't have horrible luck when it comes to refining. I managed to +5 my tt90 wep with mirages and refining aids. Now I know I got really lucky with that, but all I'm saying is that most people aren't as unlucky as you.

Besides, at your level you could had grinded a couple mill, bought some d orbs, and still had too many mirages to count.

Oi. I already said I know I'm lucky. Give me a break. b:surrender
    The buff is already incredibly unfair to those who might have a seeker as their first character. However, given their other skill as listed here:

Skill
    Bladed Fervor Level 10
    Mana 60
    Channel 2.1 seconds
    Cast 1.8 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Weapon Blade or Sword

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Principle

---
    To be honest, I'd much rather use Bladed Fervor for myself than give everyone +3 or +5 level of attack or defence respectively. Especially if the mirage buffs overwrite runecrafting buffs which may be far superior (or not what they want at all) than what I have to offer.

It might be PW's way of not accidentally buffing over something more useful, especially when you have a decent self buffs that's free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    actually, it'd be nice to know just how these buffs do interact with runecrafting. "does not stack with" could be read as "overwrites", and that's almost certainly what happens; it's what i'd bet on. but then, given that runecrafting buffs will be way more expensive, maybe for once they've done something sensible and made the seeker buffs not apply to anyone with a runecrafting buff active. anybody want to spend the coin to find out?
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i have 13 chars all that need to be equipped with molds have gear refined and imbued with gems. and of which need to max thier.

bh 100 reward of 50 mirages sounds nice... enough for me to possibly consider bothering to lvl that high. Still will my skills already maxed and not being able to afford my lvl 99 gear or skills, no real point. id rather be a well equipped and skilled lvl 92 than a poorly equipped. lvl 100.

So while i im ganna get Saber Rattle as a pre req for Soulsever Minuet

im never ganna use it

and im not even ganna bother learning Krav Maga.

coin and sprit would be better spent levleing Rock Splitting Cleave. than that worthless skill

and then thier the whole QQ about you overode my runs buff. im not ganna go through that...
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • magena
    edited March 2011
    ~snip~

id rather be a well equipped and skilled lvl 92 than a poorly equipped. lvl 100.

~snip~

and then thier the whole QQ about you overode my runs buff. im not ganna go through that...

100= Nirvana= one of the fastest money running instances available in PW. Do it while it's still easy.

That is also assuming seeker mirage buffs do overwrite runecrafting buffs. I'm not sure and no one who has posted here, yet, has confirmed nor discredited this theory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    100= Nirvana= one of the fastest money running instances available in PW. Do it while it's still easy.

He's a barb; unless he's got a pair of Deicides, the odds of him getting into a Nirvana run are slim. b:sad
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • magena
    edited March 2011
    He's a barb; unless he's got a pair of Deicides, the odds of him getting into a Nirvana run are slim. b:sad

<_< No love for the other classes. I still take barbs, venos, wizards, psychics. Furries, reroll on Sanctuary and friend me b:cute I'll take you on Nirvanas should you hit 100~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Oi. I already said I know I'm lucky. Give me a break. b:surrender
    The buff is already incredibly unfair to those who might have a seeker as their first character. However, given their other skill as listed here:

Skill
    Bladed Fervor Level 10
    Mana 60
    Channel 2.1 seconds
    Cast 1.8 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Weapon Blade or Sword

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Principle

---
    To be honest, I'd much rather use Bladed Fervor for myself than give everyone +3 or +5 level of attack or defence respectively. Especially if the mirage buffs overwrite runecrafting buffs which may be far superior (or not what they want at all) than what I have to offer.

It might be PW's way of not accidentally buffing over something more useful, especially when you have a decent self buffs that's free.

You could just buff your squad then buff yourself. I know personally i keep a few mirages to buff the squads i like. You guys are acting like they're asking you to pay a Rapture every time you buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Pro's and cons to paying mirages:

Pros:
    -Awesome buff, and only costs a mirage or two.
    -Mirages drained from economy = good!

Cons:
    -Mirages may be common, but at the level the skill is given, where would players get mirages beside's buying them? A quest here and there gives a few mirages, and you can turn the celestones into mirages. However, the average player @ this level, shouldn't have many mirages.
    -Most squads won't pay coin/mirages for that buff from the Seeker. I know I wouldn't. Nice buff, but I ain't paying for it.

What do I think:
    -Mirages shouldn't be the cost for this squad buff. It doesn't cost mirage(s) for my Barb buff for the squad, nor any other classes' buffs, so why would a Seeker be any different?
  • Leolin - Dreamweaver
    Leolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just wanna throw something into this-
    don't make a petition to pwi, it'll make you look silly because there isnt an arsed thing they can do about it, you'll have to go straight to the chinese version, because aside from cashshop, pwi isnt able to make changes...
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ok about you guys saying this buff is so strong that it needs to cost a mirage is just plain stupid thats like saying your invoke needs to cost a mirage. but i digress the main reason i replied to this thread is to state this fact in order to get those 3 attack levels or 5 defense levels you have to have maxed the skill. for the attack one the first level is only 1 attack 2nd level is 2 attack and 3rd is 3. would you pay a mirage for 1 attack level? or even just for 2 attack levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011

>_> pple got a right to complain about class cost but dont put the fault on the cost because the choice(s) was/were ultimately yours. Some may have the items and some may not, but reality is in most cases, you cant have your cake and eat it too.

its like not being able to max all your skills to the update level before getting to high lvl. You got to suck it up and wait till u got enough sp. Same with mirages
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011

>_> pple got a right to complain about class cost but dont put the fault on the cost because the choice(s) was/were ultimately yours. Some may have the items and some may not, but reality is in most cases, you cant have your cake and eat it too.

its like not being able to max all your skills to the update level before getting to high lvl. You got to suck it up and wait till u got enough sp. Same with mirages

ok how about making cleric buffs cost a mirage would you be ok with that? or bell? or every squad buff or buff that can be cast on another player that should take a mirage too. if you do it to one class you should do it to every class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
This discussion has been closed.