Powerleveling, Where is the fun?

Options

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeahs that's the thing... i find PWI implementation of PVP to be completely fail.
    Duels are great. you both have to agree. stuff like bramble works. and no stupid charm ticks. and most importantly no freaking item drop. and no **** about avoiding the cons with spending $ or going through safety lock sh*t.
    AND becuase i don't have to worry about losing gear i can concentrate on getting good gear at lower lvls and still have fun dueling people.

i really wish they would make a specified place where you could go to duel people. having to send out teles and spamming arch gets old after a while.
    So let me get this straight.

PvP is only fun when it's only 1vs1, there's absolutely no risk (or reward), there's no real environment to it.

And you make it sound like it's SOOOOOOOOOOO hard to use safety lock.

Set SL
    Logout
    Login
    Keep an eye on the timer

OMG SO COMPLICATED BETTER JUST AVOID PVP ENTIRELY THAN DEAL WITH ALL THAT

You should talk to Yulk, I bet you two would be great friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    and what is this so called Endgame "action".
    doing nivena and frost a billion times to finished off your "gear while spending bazillion $ to refine it all to +10 so you can get 5 aps and kill other people who spend a bazillion $ seems rather boreing.

becuase YEAH getting 5 APS takes REAL SKILL.... let me go afk while my 5 APS sin with macroed Demon spark solos this WB for me. hope no one picks up the items from it while im gone..

I think your just jealous >_>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    @ OP why so mad bro?

You want to know why people power level? When you have a 101 sin 87 barb 84 veno 79 cleric 71 BM reallllllly dont feel like leveling another chara again to those levels do to the sameeeee quest over and over again (guess what, every quest past lvl 20 is the SAME on all chara's) I know how to play all of my class's and im fairly skilled with them. Why not power level and try the next one out once it has ALL OF ITS SKILLS up to its 59 ones.

no actully that's kinda the point.. i dont care about WHY people powerlevel. i wasnted to know "what they did for fun." if they DID powerlevel and if not what else they do for fun. as was the question at the end of my post.

I guess it can be said that i have a horribly misleading thread title.. but it wont let me change that. so im stuck with a derailed thread.

already Pmed a mod to have it moved to the lower depths.

dont know whats taking him so long
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    no actully that's kinda the point.. i dont care about WHY people powerlevel. i wasnted to know "what they did for fun." if they DID powerlevel and if not what else they do for fun. as was the question at the end of my post.

I guess it can be said that i have a horribly misleading thread title.. but it wont let me change that. so im stuck with a derailed thread.

already Pmed a mod to have it moved to the lower depths.

dont know whats taking him so long

You just don't get it do you??? S person definition of fun is purely subjective. Just because(ill use my self for example)I power leveled my mystic does not mean I am not having fun. I am having quite a blast actually, doing BHs, afking at west gate,crazy stone, and more. If you don't believe any of those things to be fun weeeeelllllllll, nothing I can do :(.
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The reason i power level alts is to try them out when they have there full potential ahead of them. I do quest yes usually from 1-20 then i hyper grind out levels from 20-40 because i HATE HATE HATE the arch quest line. Then between tideborn quest and BH29 im lvl 50 within 2 days then i bh39 and hyper grind to 59 where i finally have all the skills set out before me. Then i challenge other friends who have alts my level and challenge them in duels. See where i need to improve.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    since this is already derailed.. and ive already pm a mod to get it moved.

i would like to say that.

i actually find fighting the oracle bosses fun.

its like a nice 1v1 duel vs a mob

not as hard as a boss not as easy regular mob

and that i tend to fight them for fun even without the oracles b:laugh
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    OP just reeks of "MY WAY IS ONLY WAY TO PLAY GAME, ANYONE WHO DOES OTHER IS NOOB" sort of reminds me of yulk only this guy is actually serious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    OP just reeks of "MY WAY IS ONLY WAY TO PLAY GAME, ANYONE WHO DOES OTHER IS NOOB" sort of reminds me of yulk only this guy is actually serious.

Wow what more do you plan to accomplish here. you already derailed the thread.
    are you trying to troll me or start a flame war.

and just to prove how horribly ignorant and blind-sighted you are. ill quote my original post...
    So ill end this with a question?

How do YOU play they game?

Are you aiming to be the best at endgame?
    or
    Are you like me and try to be the best you can at each lvl

or maybe you have another idea of what makes this game fun for you.
    Share it!! it might be fun for us too b:thanks
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    there is no fun in power leveling however in the case the person rolled one of the original 6 classes, has a bunch of brain power orbs, and gear that can go into the account stash it makes sense to cut the **** and go take advantage of the new classes for TW or whatever they desire ASAP.

The new classes do not have different spiritual cultivation quests than the original 6 and do not have new FBs to complete... as it stands the new area is just a quest fest and quite honestly... it was a waste of the developers time to make something larger than the Tide area just for regular quests that hardly anyone is going to do.
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Oh look another Furries thread about how awesome he is. Ka pai.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wow what more do you plan to accomplish here. you already derailed the thread.
    are you trying to troll me or start a flame war.

and just to prove how horribly ignorant and blind-sighted you are. ill quote my original post...

umm your original post was alot longer then that accusing power levelers of not knowing how to play their character and saying endgame isnt fun you "Derailed" this thread yourself from the start of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    how the hell are we supposed to get a mods attention around here anyways...

no report button to speak of.
    cant change the thread title.

what the hell are we supposed to do... pm certainly doesn't seem to work
    i requested this thread be moved 2 hours ago
    edited March 2011
    Options
    But I am enjoying the irrelevance of this thread QQ....Don't close it I beg you :'(......
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    delicious caddiddle uberglacialspeedfarming levelling is where the fun is at.

...oh wait....

like tom hanks said (well sort of)

enjoying???...ENJOYING!?!?!?!?..there's no enjoying in levelling
  • FailHardCore - Raging Tide
    FailHardCore - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    plain and simply
    People are to used to being high lvl and doing high lvl things
    therefore low lvls are no longer fun
    so people plvl to get to the higher lvls to have fun
    The base of anyones power comes from their knowledge and patience if u do not have those qualitys u have power over noone b:angry

Fail has struck again!!
  • Tigriss_f - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_f - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have fun helping people. If I was max level I'd be able to help alot more people.b:cute
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's their choice.

Anything pre level 100 has absolutely no variety at all.

Oh look, go kill 50 mobs, so much fun.

Oh look, go kill 50 mobs that are basically the same thing except they look slightly different.

Oh boy, done with all my quests, now it's time to kill the same mob over and over again for hours on end.

And then when you finally level up you get what? A new skill maybe. More than likely you don't. Oh what's that? A new cultivation quest? So much fun!

Culti quest: Go kill 50 mobs

Go kill another 50 mobs

Player: 'hmmm, this seems familiar'

so much fun I nearly wet myself.

This game isn't rocket science, stop pretending it is. It doesn't take 50+ hours or w/e to learn how to play a class.

As bad as endgame content is, there's more endgame content than there is earlygame.

The level 90s were either AFK or so stupid that were pounding their faces into the monitor waiting for their char to "do stuff"

You put my barb at level 92 with similar gears and a build as you and I bet I could outperform you in every aspect of the game.

How do YOU know that?

And besides, the people who are truly good at their class, are not low levels, because since they're good at their class, people actually want them for instances, and they end up being higher leveled.

yeah i agree, i have two reasons why i leveled to 100, 1- my friends wanted me for bh, nirvy ect... 2- i wanted to get rank8. i dont grind often cause you rarely get dq lately...
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yeah i agree, i have two reasons why i leveled to 100, 1- my friends wanted me for bh, nirvy ect... 2- i wanted to get rank8. i dont grind often cause you rarely get dq lately...

I plead guilty b:surrender we wanted mittens 100 for BHs, TTs and Nirvy!! <3 b:chuckle
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I plead guilty b:surrender we wanted mittens 100 for BHs, TTs and Nirvy!! <3 b:chuckle

haha maj yeah you and a few people kept saying 100! till i got fc sick but kept going to join tripple digits, no regrets tho <3
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's super fun, especially for me. I make loads of money powerleveling people :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ill post my two cents here..

Although on many post i dont agree with rawr i belive he is right on this one....

I have 3 lvls 100 barb wiz sin and some more chars below, and nop quests wont teach you how to play properly the game...
    PVE its not hard at all these days genies attack bless pls......

Whats hard about spaming flesh realm and roar and pew pew on the midle???

another thing about power lvl is that im most cases its cheaper than doing bhs.....

Lets do some math 5 hypers is about what 700k now if i only hyper on big pull/heads they will last a lot...
    Why would i spend 30k fee all days on wines more 30k for teles more 79k on crazy stone everyday whne i could just do 2 frost per day and lvl faster and paying a lot less money for it?

Another thing is that i acctually thinhk that fc teach you how to play you class inside a group, mean barb tank/puller bm stunner/dds etc etc

On pvp i belive thing are not diferent, well to learn how to pvp well u really must pvp, and not be ashamed to die.....

the old days were better on pvp matters(before aps and sins) the on the other hand nixes were op and ppl qq about it a lot, now its sins QQ ah well....
  • FrostSwallow - Sanctuary
    FrostSwallow - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And honestly people dont learn how to play when they power level.
    great you know how to do frost.
    you plan on doing something with your char?

earthguards are now out for two weeks
    ask yourself who knows it's class better a level 40 earthguard or a level 90 earthguard?

i vote for the 90th earthguard because he got in touch with much more skills, which the 40th one still don't know how to use in which situation...

as long as you join squads in different instances you'll learn how to play really fast
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Grinding, Where is the fun?

Edit: I just realized I'm basically posting in a Yulk thread.
  • Leolin - Dreamweaver
    Leolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can understand to a degree being better at lower level. It made me facepalm when I was in a weird fc trying to go from 82 to 85 so I could make use of my new fc gear, and the other 2 bms had 4 and 5 lvl HF.
    I mean, low level a bm cannot be classed as a damage dealer, we're outdone by any mage or sin. And the 1 skill that makes a bm worthwhile at those levels, hf, these guys didn't have barely anything in while I walked around with my lvl9. So yeah, being better at lower levels is awesomesauce. Of course, if I fc'd to 100 even without genie dumping I'd have the spirit to buy my skills anyway, most people have more issue with the coin hehe.
    But yeah, would rather not put $500 into the game to buy end game items to actually make me able to play my character :P.

I really don't understand why this thread exists, and I don't think the OP knows either..
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    this thread is so stupid to begin with...
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i did some minor powerlvl on my sin about 3 runs from 55-70 then at 70 is when OMG orbs came to play..15 culti orbs and 57 brainpower orbs = 70-84 and 90% in under 10 min...yeah so i worked for my orbs lol and will continue to use orbs on my sin and now able to do the normal lvl free squad runs.Ill get to 100 and have 4 alts at 100 to run my money making bh1's with more chances to win more subs,mirages,extacy cards..etc etc.I enjoy the bh's.

so stop being the lvl police and plz shut UP!
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    earthguards are now out for two weeks
    ask yourself who knows it's class better a level 40 earthguard or a level 90 earthguard?

i vote for the 90th earthguard because he got in touch with much more skills, which the 40th one still don't know how to use in which situation...

as long as you join squads in different instances you'll learn how to play really fast

most i see in the ff runs beign power lvled..arent doing jack ****.I know more about sins than e guards because i played with sins more on my alts since they been out so i know what to expect.But at lvl 40 yeah with no plvl and just doing quest with our pets and skills you tend to learn what its all about and get a flow on grinding etc...i know because my mystic is 40(though i stopped playing it).You have these seekers/mystics going in ff and get up in lvl and are like ok..what i do now..
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i've always wanted to kill/solo bosses that most classes can't, so i have a partial 5aps sin >.> (and improving)

how do i play this game? i set goals, and work towards them.

And after i reach those goals, i set others, and so on. any game only goes boring if you've ran out of goals.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i've always wanted to kill/solo bosses that most classes can't

Go bm/barb5aps and use ur sin to bloodpaint himb:bye
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Meh, I agree it is sad. I prefer to run the quests and learn how to use the skills as I go since these are *new* classes. I already ran one fb for a friend with a group of powerlevelled EGs and the experience left myself and the high level wiz that did it whispering each other with "what a moron" and "omg write that guy down for a no-squad ever list" after they were almost getting us killed multiple times by not knowing what they were doing half the time. I guess I can more understand if you start one of the original classes (I don't hyper but yes, repeating all the same arch quests is freaking annoying, I am doing it now) because they have been around long enough that everyone knows about all of their skills, but I have come across so many fail EG now that it just plain scares me. I won't probably won't BH with high level ones at this point; if they are that high, they only got there one way. Which makes me feel they need time to play and learn before I put myself in danger.

But it's a matter of choice. If they want to rush through, that's up to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842