Powerleveling, Where is the fun?

Options
Furries - Dreamweaver
Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I dont understand why people rush to hit max level.
Espically on a PVE server. PVP you can argue that higher lvl means easier to kill people and if our pvp then thats what playing the game is about.

but on PVE, what joy are you getting out of hitting max lvl?

there isnt really anything to DO at endgame.

the fun is in PLAYING the game.

And honestly people dont learn how to play when they power level.
great you know how to do frost.
you plan on doing something with your char?

i play the game to be the best i can at each level.

and as stated in my sig.. is alot more fun to kill high lvls with a low lvl than it is to kill lower lvls with a high lvl.

your a 5 aps char you can kill ne1 in the game. no one gives a Sh*t...
when im taking down lvl 90s with my lvl 66 bm, thats freaking fun!!

everying is so obssed about being the best player in the game. that they forget the there are other lvls to it.

yeah. by barb may not be the best barb on the server... not by a long shot. But compared to the other barbs my level im one of the best lvl 92's out there.

My cleric is lvl 72. alot of stuff can still 1 shot me.
but compared to other lvl 70 and even 80 clerics. im better.

so yeah you might be able to beat me with your lvl 100+ chars.

but you fight any of my chars with someone that is my lvl and you better be preapred b:victory.

So ill end this with a question?

How do YOU play they game?

Are you aiming to be the best at endgame?
or
Are you like me and try to be the best you can at each lvl

or maybe you have another idea of what makes this game fun for you.
Share it!! it might be fun for us too b:thanks
Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
Post edited by Furries - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The only reasons I can think for wanting to power level to end game asap is:

1) stroking there e-peen
    2) possibly get some PK in regardless of pve/pvp server
    3) get into TW asap with the char
    4) perhaps they find frost leveling to be actually fun, combined with BH and think normal quests in general are boring?

there the only reasons I can think of atm anyway, my mystic is just 67 atm and I'm having fun with the class, I enjoy getting used to the skills, see'ing which skills are good and bad early on, I have skills to look forward to getting and lvling up still which encourages me to level without feeling the need to just alt FC my mystic, all preference I suppose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    its more fun for me to do things with a squad like squad leveling then it is to go around killing 50 mobs of this and 50 mobs of that for exp all by myself. Also i did level 3 characters up that way and ended up getting bored with the chars so i went and power leveled my seeker up and i am really enjoying him. When he hits a high enough level i will apply to a tw faction and hopefully get in and get to tw with him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's their choice.

Anything pre level 100 has absolutely no variety at all.

Oh look, go kill 50 mobs, so much fun.

Oh look, go kill 50 mobs that are basically the same thing except they look slightly different.

Oh boy, done with all my quests, now it's time to kill the same mob over and over again for hours on end.

And then when you finally level up you get what? A new skill maybe. More than likely you don't. Oh what's that? A new cultivation quest? So much fun!

Culti quest: Go kill 50 mobs

Go kill another 50 mobs

Player: 'hmmm, this seems familiar'

so much fun I nearly wet myself.
    And honestly people dont learn how to play when they power level.
    great you know how to do frost.
    you plan on doing something with your char?

This game isn't rocket science, stop pretending it is. It doesn't take 50+ hours or w/e to learn how to play a class.
    there isnt really anything to DO at endgame.

As bad as endgame content is, there's more endgame content than there is earlygame.
    your a 5 aps char you can kill ne1 in the game. no one gives a Sh*t...
    when im taking down lvl 90s with my lvl 66 bm, thats freaking fun!!

The level 90s were either AFK or so stupid that were pounding their faces into the monitor waiting for their char to "do stuff"
    yeah. by barb may not be the best barb on the server... not by a long shot. But compared to the other barbs my level im one of the best lvl 92's out there.

You put my barb at level 92 with similar gears and a build as you and I bet I could outperform you in every aspect of the game.
    My cleric is lvl 72. alot of stuff can still 1 shot me.
    but compared to other lvl 70 and even 80 clerics. im better.

How do YOU know that?

And besides, the people who are truly good at their class, are not low levels, because since they're good at their class, people actually want them for instances, and they end up being higher leveled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There's also the friend aspect. Maybe they want to do higher instances with their higher-leveled friends? That's the only reason I'd do it, though I'd still prefer to level at my own pace, through grinding and quests.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hello, I'm a wizard. As a wizard, life is hell pre-90, and not too spectacular at 9x. But at 10X? That's where the fun begins for this class b:pleased

Barbs are the same throughout the whole game- unless you want to argue that they suck endgame because they're not as needed as 5aps bms and sins are, in which case, feel free to not powerlevel.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Low level quests: where's the fun?
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wish more ppl did lower lvl quests. RPK used to be much more fun b:cry
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Where's the fun in grinding endlessly? lol
    The person I'm leveling with wants to power level here and there, and I was opposed to it at first but now that I'm in the 6x range... it's so boring! Having done this all several times, I'm just not looking forward to it alllll over again. u.u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i understand what your getting at .. whats the point in plvling your way to 100 when you can actually -play- the game to get there. thats why its called a game, to play it, and have fun. but i guess their meanings of fun is different.

but to me, plvling is like entering cheat codes into your pokemon game for rare candies, getting your pokemon up to lvl 100 and beating the entire game in like an hour. wow, that was fun, now what, right?

i dont see anything wrong in using hypers to level yourself a little faster, but having other people do it for u is where it gets me thinking. and by other people doing it, that doesnt mean a lvl 80 going through FC w/ hypers on, because they are helping in the party too, but rather when a lvl 40 is just following people around trying not to die.

i am having fun doing quests on my characters in the mean time. but i will be doing FCs when I am the appropriate level to do them, not by leaching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's their choice....

...besides, the people who are truly good at their class, are not low levels, because since they're good at their class, people actually want them for instances, and they end up being higher leveled.

Could not agree more, and Fuzzy had to quote.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would pwrlvl to 100 for stocking on another set of Nirv keys. b:victoryb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Leolin - Dreamweaver
    Leolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I didn't like early game much as a bm...and I wanted to powerlevel higher because of endless "kill 50 mobs" quests like mentioned, plus grind out like 80% of your level anyway or pay to do dailies (including BH, I mean theres always wines, repairs, etc)
    I basically powered to mid 70s as quickly as possible, through some oracles, BH, crazy stone, whatever. Did it in a couple weeks. Had fun with axe aoe, but quickly powered to 80 to keep up with friends...and I was like...alright, my gear is ****.
    So, I spent a lot of time axe aoeing. I bought some fc gears, buddha fists and +4'd my calams. Now I'm 86 and genie dumping any experience I get (also trying to make a nice genie for myself) till i get the coin for tt90, shards for tt90, and calloused lionheart hatchets. Probably a dozen mil for + as well...so yeah I'll be farming rockenwolves for like a few months. And by now...I enjoy doing it lol. I also use all materials I farm to level crafting skills and enjoy when I make a 2 star for the quests for lvl6.
    I enjoy grinding and I'll enjoy my new items when I finally got them because of all the effort I put into it.
    Powerleveling is awesome, powerleveling to 100 is meh. Maybe it would be fun, I don't know, but I dont have the gear yet for 100 and I don't feel like buying it...so grinding is my fun :P

(if you don't like to grind...why the hell are you playing an MMO? O.o)
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    All you need to learn to how to play a class is ability to read and little bit of common sense.
    It doesn't take Einstein to know that Invoke reduces damage by 90% because it clearly states it in the skill. How to use that skill is up for your common sense to decide. Same with how to stun-lock as a BM, description tells you how long each stuns last, all you need to know is at what point of the chain you should pull off another stun at.

The only classes I've great amount of quests for are my BM and Assassin. I've only played my Barb for about 20 levels before hypering him, and I can say with confidence that I know how to play him more than at least 70% of the Barb population.

In the end it depends on what you find enjoyable. Personally after having 101 BM, 100 Archer, 99 Assassin, 93 Cleric, and 90 Barb, I'm too tired to bother with the same 'ol quests of going to point A, talking to NPC B, going to point C, and killing # of mobs D.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Also Keep in mind that most people who's powerleveling theirs chars alerady have a (few) high lvl char(s) and been playing for some time now.

They know the game, they know the basic of each class, even the new ones since they are quite similar to older ones, so there's no need to go to the "low lvl fun" or have to do the whole PWI storyline again. Just skip straight into the action.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Also Keep in mind that most people who's powerleveling theirs chars alerady have a (few) high lvl char(s) and been playing for some time now.

They know the game, they know the basic of each class, even the new ones since they are quite similar to older ones, so there's no need to go to the "low lvl fun" or have to do the whole PWI storyline again. Just skip straight into the action.

This.
    This answer should be automatically spammed to anyone who feels like QQing about powerlvlers xD.
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would pwrlvl to 100 for stocking on another set of Nirv keys. b:victoryb:laugh

lol, this
    And i might replace my veno in TW with it, which means i need to hit level 100 atleast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's their choice.

Anything pre level 100 has absolutely no variety at all.

Oh look, go kill 50 mobs, so much fun.

Oh look, go kill 50 mobs that are basically the same thing except they look slightly different.

Oh boy, done with all my quests, now it's time to kill the same mob over and over again for hours on end.

And then when you finally level up you get what? A new skill maybe. More than likely you don't. Oh what's that? A new cultivation quest? So much fun!

Culti quest: Go kill 50 mobs

Go kill another 50 mobs

Player: 'hmmm, this seems familiar'

so much fun I nearly wet myself.

This game isn't rocket science, stop pretending it is. It doesn't take 50+ hours or w/e to learn how to play a class.

As bad as endgame content is, there's more endgame content than there is earlygame.

The level 90s were either AFK or so stupid that were pounding their faces into the monitor waiting for their char to "do stuff"

You put my barb at level 92 with similar gears and a build as you and I bet I could outperform you in every aspect of the game.

How do YOU know that?

And besides, the people who are truly good at their class, are not low levels, because since they're good at their class, people actually want them for instances, and they end up being higher leveled.

first off, i have no idea why your being so freaking hostile towards me.

Second, Do not assume just becuase i am posting from a 92 barb that means its my only char.

third saying at people who are good at their class are higher lvls is complete bull....
    yeah they have gained more exp points. fortunately more be there are these things called GENIES i can USE to DUMP EXP so i DON'T level.

my god. ive lost count of how many genies ive filled up on my chars,

i do BH, dump the exp and keep the spirit. That way i can level my skills without leveling my char and be better at that level.

And yes i frequently beat higher lvl chars. and no the wern't afk. Generally when people are afk they are unable to challenge me to a duel. As for the 3 times my lvl 66 bm DID be charterer over 90. 2 of those times were people who told be to shut up becuase i didnt' know what i was talking about and didn't know how to play. Then when i duels them and WON one of them shut his mouth and the other QQed about how "he lagged" and his stuns didn't work and mine did. becuase he was to stupid to realize i used "will of Bod" to become immune to stuns.

as for low level not being fun. BH 29 -59 are alot more fun than 69+ becuase past 69 there are two many mobs to do unwined, and wined there arent practylly any mobs to kill

as for endgame? have more things to do... yeah you have access to more things. but you dont DO them becuase thier all at lower lvls than you.

As for endgame PVE there isn't really SH*T,

and WTF is wrong with you. i asked what you did for fun. not why you don't bother actually playing they game.

And dispite your saying there is more endgame than early game you conviently left out the absudly small amout of things you CAN do endgame...

OR maybe you just Do PVP endgame with ur "claw" build and your TW once a week.

cuase yeah when you design your build around something that is only avaliable at lvl 99+ you ARE useless in everything but endgame you u might as well powerlevel.

So congrats on spending hundreds of $ to get your endgame gear. you can now go do your what.. how many things?

Ill be playing the game, and writing guides. for people who want to PLAY the game and LEARN the game.

you can do what you will. becuase you obviously have played EVERY class the normal way before you powerleveled it.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    How dumb can people be....?

Iquestedthroughtthewholegame:"Hi how are you? My name is Iquestedthroughtthewholegame"

powerleveledapparentlynoob623:"Hey, my name is powerlevelednoob623"

Iquestedthroughtthewholegame:"Omg you power leveled??? Wow you fail lol, you cannot play your class as good as me because I spent 1xx hours to learn mine :|"

powerleveledapparentlynoob623:"Nah I have a 100 BM already so knowing my class does not take a genius"

Iquestedthroughtthewholegame:"lolumad??? it takes a real gamer millions of hours to learn how to press IH in an instance and the res skill D:..!"

powerleveledapparentlynoob623:"Look man, I do not need to spend x hours playing this game to learn how to use a cleric...."

Iquestedthroughtthewholegame:"YaRuDOOO, otherwise you wont be wanted in an instance OMG!!!"

powerleveledapparentlynoob623:"*blacklist*"

Basically it does not take a scientist to figure how to play this game even if you power level. The 10% that do not know how to play their class are the ones who have never played this game before and brought cash from the outside and power leveled(They read about this game before playing).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options

and what is this so called Endgame "action".
    doing nivena and frost a billion times to finished off your "gear while spending bazillion $ to refine it all to +10 so you can get 5 aps and kill other people who spend a bazillion $ seems rather boreing.

becuase YEAH getting 5 APS takes REAL SKILL.... let me go afk while my 5 APS sin with macroed Demon spark solos this WB for me. hope no one picks up the items from it while im gone..
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Did Any Of You Morons READ My Post!!!
    Im Asking What YOU Do For FUN.
    This Isn't About God Damn Powerleveling

honestly all u guys do is look at the title....

anyways since you guys are too stupid to actually answer my questions and feel content on derailing the thread. might as well move it to the "lower depths" section.

not ever ganna get back on topic now...
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Generally when people are afk they are unable to challenge me to a duel.

Quoted For Truth b:chuckle

WHAT!? It was funny! Gah, shut up and go power lvl you noobs!

b:angry
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    third saying at people who are good at their class are higher lvls is complete bull....
    yeah they have gained more exp points. fortunately more be there are these things called GENIES i can USE to DUMP EXP so i DON'T level.

my god. ive lost count of how many genies ive filled up on my chars,

i do BH, dump the exp and keep the spirit. That way i can level my skills without leveling my char and be better at that level.

That makes no sense at all. Why would you possibly not level, so you can be "better at that level" makes absolutely no sense. Anyone who would want to say that simply knows that he can't cut it at endgame so he tries to dominate early game.
    And yes i frequently beat higher lvl chars. and no the wern't afk. Generally when people are afk they are unable to challenge me to a duel. As for the 3 times my lvl 66 bm DID be charterer over 90. 2 of those times were people who told be to shut up becuase i didnt' know what i was talking about and didn't know how to play. Then when i duels them and WON one of them shut his mouth and the other QQed about how "he lagged" and his stuns didn't work and mine did. becuase he was to stupid to realize i used "will of Bod" to become immune to stuns.

Implying duels are real PvP
    as for low level not being fun. BH 29 -59 are alot more fun than 69+ becuase past 69 there are two many mobs to do unwined, and wined there arent practylly any mobs to kill

wtf? where's any sense in that. If they're more fun doing them unwined then having more mobs should be even more fun. Hell lower levels is nothing besides killing weak mobs anyways, so you should love it.
    as for endgame? have more things to do... yeah you have access to more things. but you dont DO them becuase thier all at lower lvls than you.

As for endgame PVE there isn't really SH*T,

Lets see, early game PvE consist of...........

Incredibly easy FBs that can be completed in 10 minutes

and uh.....

Killing weak mobs over and over and over and over

And I guess the occassional TT, but you wont be getting anything other than a weapon really, so not very much TT.

Oh and PQ

Compare that to endgame PvE

SoT/Abaddon
    TT3-1/3-2/3-3
    Nirvana
    Warsong
    Trophy mode
    Delta
    Past maps
    World bosses

And dispite your saying there is more endgame than early game you conviently left out the absudly small amout of things you CAN do endgame...

And you conveniently left the even smaller amount of things to do at earlygame.
    OR maybe you just Do PVP endgame with ur "claw" build and your TW once a week.

cuase yeah when you design your build around something that is only avaliable at lvl 99+ you ARE useless in everything but endgame you u might as well powerlevel.

Wut?

Useless in everything but endgame? I can do any instance in the game.

And I even have said many times that it's an endgame build, it's not my fault you can't read.

So congrats on spending hundreds of $ to get your endgame gear. you can now go do your what.. how many things?

Haven't spent a dime... and there's way more endgame content than there is early game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    doing nivena and frost a billion times to finished off your "gear while spending bazillion $ to refine it all to +10 so you can get 5 aps and kill other people who spend a bazillion $ seems rather boreing.

becuase YEAH getting 5 APS takes REAL SKILL.... let me go afk while my 5 APS sin with macroed Demon spark solos this WB for me. hope no one picks up the items from it while im gone..
    You're totally right. That must be SOOOOOO much harder than say, being a barb without 5 aps, especialy tanking.

I mean, all those noobs with 5 aps just spark and attack, but if you have REAL SKILL then you'll do it the real way.

Flesh ream macro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You're totally right. That must be SOOOOOO much harder than say, being a barb without 5 aps, especialy tanking.

I mean, all those noobs with 5 aps just spark and attack, but if you have REAL SKILL then you'll do it the real way.

Flesh ream macro

considering flesh ream takeschi that wont actually work. and setting a macro for flesh ream considering the cooldown for other skills that would need to be put in place to generate the chi would cause problems. so you Really need to actually be there...
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Mostly TWs and and now the brand new 40v40 Faction Sieges (once they get it working b:surrender). Also Dragon temple is quite fun when you have to run for your money by fighting to get the chests. Tournament too, but so far I haven't played on one.

Where else you going to test your fully sharded +12 R9 gear? killing wicked pirates? b:chuckle

World bosses, Nirvana and FC are the means to an end. And that end is TW and PvP.

And yes, most people that are powerleveling the new classes are doing it because of TW.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Please, I've leveled a barb to 101, I didn't switch to claws until 98, I've been there.

It's not hard.

Hear that? It isn't hard. I've actually tanked bosses in my sleep before. I set up a macro and fell asleep on the last TT boss, woke up a few hours and the people in my squad had mailed me my share of the mats.

If you wanna sit there and insist that it takes "real skill" then, please, you're not fooling everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    considering flesh ream takeschi that wont actually work. and setting a macro for flesh ream considering the cooldown for other skills that would need to be put in place to generate the chi would cause problems. so you Really need to actually be there...

thats not true at all i have had many barbs go afk with a flesh ream macro going. and if you were a pro like your acting you woulda known that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Fine OP, you wanna know what I do for fun?

PvP. That's all there is. You do PvE so you can get the mats to make good gear so you can eventually be good enough for PvP.

PvP includes:
    rpking (on PvP servers that is, PvE rpk is a joke)
    pking
    TWs
    Guild Base Wars (eventually)

And what's the only way to be good in PvP? To have the best gear and weps, and then eventually skill as you get more practice.

Because lets face it; aside from sins, PvP takes quite a bit of skill. There's all kinds of counters and twists that can happen in the course of a battle, none of which can be predicted like the actions of a boss in an instance.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Fine OP, you wanna know what I do for fun?

PvP. That's all there is. You do PvE so you can get the mats to make good gear so you can eventually be good enough for PvP.

PvP includes:
    rpking (on PvP servers that is, PvE rpk is a joke)
    pking
    TWs
    Guild Base Wars (eventually)

And what's the only way to be good in PvP? To have the best gear and weps, and then eventually skill as you get more practice.

Because lets face it; aside from sins, PvP takes quite a bit of skill. There's all kinds of counters and twists that can happen in the course of a battle, none of which can be predicted like the actions of a boss in an instance.

Yeahs that's the thing... i find PWI implementation of PVP to be completely fail.
    Duels are great. you both have to agree. stuff like bramble works. and no stupid charm ticks. and most importantly no freaking item drop. and no **** about avoiding the cons with spending $ or going through safety lock sh*t.
    AND becuase i don't have to worry about losing gear i can concentrate on getting good gear at lower lvls and still have fun dueling people.

i really wish they would make a specified place where you could go to duel people. having to send out teles and spamming arch gets old after a while.
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    @ OP why so mad bro?

You want to know why people power level? When you have a 101 sin 87 barb 84 veno 79 cleric 71 BM reallllllly dont feel like leveling another chara again to those levels do to the sameeeee quest over and over again (guess what, every quest past lvl 20 is the SAME on all chara's) I know how to play all of my class's and im fairly skilled with them. Why not power level and try the next one out once it has ALL OF ITS SKILLS up to its 59 ones.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry