Graphics Upgrades?

Comments

• Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah... Unfortunately you can't just send a ticket straight to the devs. >_> because they suck. I mean look at this rubber banding mess! And my pants still glitch off my character but no matter how many times you complain about it or send it tickets it never gets fixed. Not to mention cleric buffs that won't renew or anything. How irritating.

But in the end that's why I suggested something so simple. Because the devs have so far proved to be very lazy and incompetent. (not fixing old glitches before introducing more, completely ignoring the player base etc.) I figure this fix shouldn't be too hard for their tiny programmer brains to comprehend. A 13 year old could do it I don't see why they shouldn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Calitae - Sanctuary
    Calitae - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That glitch regarding the magic shell buff really aggravates me. I can't count the amount of times where I've accidently hit the key for mag buff with the most inappropriate timing (i.e, before fighting bosses whereby I have to BB) and fear the inevitability that the buff will wear of.

I laughed when I read in the maintenance thread or cabbage patch notes, that the were going to institute real bug fixes (right above stating MORE NEW CONTENT about new MQ rewards...). This was two weeks ago and I still see they're amending pathetic errors like translation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig by the wonderful Forsakenx ;D
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I wouldn't mind a graphics upgrade on the older classes but if they upgrade the WHOLE terrain like the EG cities, I will cry. Not only does it look like a more mature version of WoW, but it also lags me like hell, and I play on the lowest setting. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why are people saying they are laggin in Tellus city o.O.....
    Hell I haven't lagged in any of the earth guard areas.....

Then again, they didn't put Tellus City on the same server that is hosting both Raging Tides and Arch....>.>
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Where is the option for "go die" (my PC already lags too much).
    edited March 2011

Same. b:surrender
    I'm hoping to get my good computer repaired someday, but until then I don't want a graphics overhaul.

(Btw, I like your siggie... Final Fantasy style b:cute)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited March 2011

Did you actually read the suggestion? It's more like a slight texture upgrade. It would have zero effect on your computer's performance with the game and would be no different than people moving around .ini files like they're already doing. Not my fault people are embellishing it with their own ideas of upping the over all graphics. That's why there's no "go die" option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    After a second thought, it wouldn't bad but: I don't know how to say it, let's say this game needs to be simplified on its code...

I remember that before the genie expansion this game was very smooth, even for a integrated graphic card:x. Now after 2 upgrades, (and after I bought a graphic card) the game is very sluggish. I think the developers never worked on minimizing the resources a computer needs to run the game. Other games when they are on beta use more RAM than after they are released. So that's my example cause I don't know the name of that process.
  • Kawaiidesune - Lost City
    Kawaiidesune - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ok if the devs look at this and dont respond or apply it then they dumb. i mean not a single person is voting no everyone wants this. 100% want 0% dont want. about 50% says devs not going to do but still want XD the devs cant ignor thisb:victory
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    ok if the devs look at this and dont respond or apply it then they dumb. i mean not a single person is voting no everyone wants this. 100% want 0% dont want. about 50% says devs not going to do but still want XD the devs cant ignor thisb:victory

Looks like someone voted no just to be stupid. Considering the previous votes though, your statement can still be correct.

That one no can be written off as a troll lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
    edited March 2011
    11cdzdj.jpg

No.. actually, I was trying to click the second option, it was late at night, and I didn't double check before I hit submit. I need a mouse that doesn't stick. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    lol hooray sleep deprivation and sticky mouses! xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • SoftSteel - Archosaur
    SoftSteel - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    One thing I was unhappy with the last 2 races as far as a makeover..
    they were givin no makeup to makeover! No pretty eye-shadows etc
    and can hardly see their lips in any skin tone other than white.... careful
    what you wish for...
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    One thing I was unhappy with the last 2 races as far as a makeover..
    they were givin no makeup to makeover! No pretty eye-shadows etc
    and can hardly see their lips in any skin tone other than white.... careful
    what you wish for...

I didn't say to upgrade the skin tone, just add the eye option with some upgraded hair. It wouldn't change much.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'd like all textures to be HQ not only character's
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There is a little something something that we're forgetting. At the time of writing, the only way this may become a reality is if the Chinese players demand it with all of their might. Chances of that happening is a negative percentage, though.

I just wish what I said wasn't the harsh truth, needed retexture is needed.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    I didn't forget really =_= just chose to ignore that slight extremely annoying little detail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have a couple thoughts for people considering making an older class:

... I think game balance assumes that members of older classes are, well, you know... old. Newer classes have perks that seem to be designed to encourage people that were playing an older class to make a new character.

... if you want your character to have interesting looking skin, you need to stick with very light skin. I have noticed, when I have made dark-skinned alts, that they looked very flat, and almost cartoony. I think older classes just have shading and no highlights.
  • Moozka - Sanctuary
    Moozka - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I wish they would update the Mobs graphics too. This game would be a lot more enjoyable b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    huh, a few of the devs must have got on and marked the "no" option...

xD

So lazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Protip: The devs never have been and will never come to these forums.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Protip: The devs never have been and will never come to these forums.

Protip: It was a joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There is a little something something that we're forgetting. At the time of writing, the only way this may become a reality is if the Chinese players demand it with all of their might. Chances of that happening is a negative percentage, though.

I just wish what I said wasn't the harsh truth, needed retexture is needed.

Then again, they could just allow us here to edit the .ini files for ONLY the eyes and maybe hair. It wouldn't upgrade the old hairstyles yet, but it would be a beginning... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    And the trolls could stop voting no. lol.

Come on guys, you'd have to be a re.tard to think this is a bad idea.

Or you didn't read and you think that I'm suggesting a graphics upgrade that will lag your little 1 gig of ram computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    And the trolls could stop voting no. lol.

Come on guys, you'd have to be a re.tard to think this is a bad idea.

Or you didn't read and you think that I'm suggesting a graphics upgrade that will lag your little 1 gig of ram computer.

Um, actually no. Believe it or not, there are people who would sacrifice graphics for framerates.

You know why these kind of f2p games always have bad graphics and extremely low minimum requirements? Because there are people who actually have computers that barely run the game. And there are people who cannot get a better PC for some reason, whether it's money or availability.

Personally I only recently moved to a better PC and I'm a bit biased on it, but I think the game looks plenty good as it is.

However, looking at the the video game industry, you'd notice that very few games have been re-made just for upgraded graphics. Most of the actual "re-makes" are launches with identical or slightly upgraded graphics and possibly musics. Reason for that is that those re-makes aren't expected to sell too well, so putting a lot of resources into them isn't a wise choice.

The only way I can see a graphics upgrade working is if it came with a turn-off option, like the customizations we have now. Otherwise it might cause lower-end PCs to be even harder to play on.

But really, assuming that a lot of people voting no means you're getting trolled is a bit bad. Not to mention that so far it's just what, 4 votes? That's pretty much meaningless.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Um, actually no. Believe it or not, there are people who would sacrifice graphics for framerates.

You know why these kind of f2p games always have bad graphics and extremely low minimum requirements? Because there are people who actually have computers that barely run the game. And there are people who cannot get a better PC for some reason, whether it's money or availability.

Personally I only recently moved to a better PC and I'm a bit biased on it, but I think the game looks plenty good as it is.

However, looking at the the video game industry, you'd notice that very few games have been re-made just for upgraded graphics. Most of the actual "re-makes" are launches with identical or slightly upgraded graphics and possibly musics. Reason for that is that those re-makes aren't expected to sell too well, so putting a lot of resources into them isn't a wise choice.

The only way I can see a graphics upgrade working is if it came with a turn-off option, like the customizations we have now. Otherwise it might cause lower-end PCs to be even harder to play on.

But really, assuming that a lot of people voting no means you're getting trolled is a bit bad. Not to mention that so far it's just what, 4 votes? That's pretty much meaningless.

Did you read the original post? Judging on how you you went off on a speech about how my suggestion would lag computers, I'm guessing no.

Go back and read it, THEN get back to me.

The upgrade I'm suggesting would have 0 effect on how the game runs and wouldn't even require a very big patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Drakanius - Lost City
    Drakanius - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for posting this!! I agree with you and support this 100%! I actually figured out how people are manipulating their features outside their species and would do it myself if it wasn't a bannable offense b:shutup Even still, considering the newly overhauled detail of two new cities, new races and this game's interface over the past year, you would think a simple upgrade for the originals would be at least in the works. >__>; Wish my barb could get with the times...
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for posting this!! I agree with you and support this 100%! I actually figured out how people are manipulating their features outside their species and would do it myself if it wasn't a bannable offense b:shutup Even still, considering the newly overhauled detail of two new cities, new races and this game's interface over the past year, you would think a simple upgrade for the originals would be at least in the works. >__>; Wish my barb could get with the times...

Yeah it sucks that they make such a thing a bannable offense. This small tweak would even fix that I would think.

I doubt they'll apply it but it doesn't hurt to throw it out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Ahszia - Heavens Tear
    Ahszia - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This makes so much sense to me and I back it whole heartedly! :D its not fair the old characters look pretty junky compared to the new ones, esp. when it can be fixed but its against the rules to do so. I agree that a re-doing of all the graphics would be way too much, but i also agree with the options you provided! : o It seems simple to me..xD and a lot of people would be happy about it.
    Also some new battle animations would be fantastic, though I'm sure thats not top priority nor am I saying it should be. Would just be nice & would prolly attract more players.

& if your one of the people saying it will slow your pc down, frankly, your pc prolly shouldn't even be playing pwi anyways cuz it can't handle it. word.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    While it would be nice, I'd prefer if the devs spent their time fixing bugs rather than making things prettier.

You stay classy, post #55.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc