Graphics Upgrades?

Kyna - Lost City
Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Suggestion Box
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU VOTE OR OPEN YOUR MOUTH. Thanks.
Also, if you think this is a bad idea for some odd reason please explain yourself so that I may make the idea better... or correct you where you misunderstood.

I don't know if this has really been suggested yet so here goes.

I've noticed that there is a very large gap between the graphics quality of the original races, verses the graphics quality of the newer ones. (stating the obvious) I've also started to see a lot of people hacking their characters to have the new hairstyles, eyes, and such from the newer races.

Just for comparison. My oldest character: Kyna

My newest character: Kaida

I do realize that doing a complete graphics overhaul would be asking too much, so I'm not suggesting that. What I am suggesting however is perhaps making it an eye option for the older races to have eye detail like the new races. If players can **** the game to do this then it is apparently possible to do that sort of thing with ease. Another nice upgrade to see would be maybe adding a bit more detail to the hair styles that the game started out with? I don't think that adding a little more detail to the original hair would be too much to ask for, especially since PWI has no problem changing the hair on us, which we have seen in the past lol (if you guys remember that hairstyle that disappeared.)

I have worked with character maps before, and the hair thing would be very easy to do, especially since the hair graphic is very simple and stays stationary.

I'm also NOT suggesting that they make the hair styles from the other races available for the original races. Some hair styles are race specific for a reason, and get that. I think though, that with less flat looking hair styles on the older races, there would be less reason for people to **** the files.

In all honesty I think this would be a simple change that could make a big difference.

Edit: and yes I get that there are hair styles in the boutique but I rather like my plain ponytail on Kyna.
Q&A
Below are things that seem to fly completely over people's heads. I hope this clears it up for you.

Question: QQ won't this make my already slow PC run slower?

Answer: This simple upgrade would have absolutely no effect on how well your computer handles the game.
Just to make myself clear, I'm already tired of hearing QQ's about how so and so can't get a better computer and QQ this and QQ that, suggesting some option to turn it off. If you read through my suggestion you would know that there would be no need for such a thing. If you cried about how this would make your computer run more slowly then I must congratulate you on failing to read, or having this concept fly way over your head.

Question: Why don't you suggest something more helpful? There are far better suggestions to make for more important changes.

Answer: I GET THAT THIS ISN'T THE BEST SUGGESTION EVER SO STOP TELLING ME. It is one of the simplest. Yes I get that there are a million other things that PWE needs to do, or could do. But the fact remains that they are lazy so my goal in this was to suggest the most simple change that I could that would also make a big difference if implemented. It is a bit sad to see people get banned for simple ini edits.

Question: I hate the new characters I don't want to make my character look like them! QQ Won't this make my character ugly?

Answer: To make this more clear, I am only suggesting making the eyes an extra OPTION during customization. I know not everyone likes them, I'm not suggesting a permanent change for everyone, all I am suggesting is an extra eye option for those who want it and would otherwise **** their characters for it and possibly get banned.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
rikaflare.deviantart.com
Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
... and a few losers....
Post edited by Kyna - Lost City on

Comments

• Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I agree about the differences in graphics between the new and old, it looks weird. I can look at a persons character without a god's eye and hardly be able to tell if they're tideborn or earthguard. I figured the tb would be the only class with their lips and all, but nope.
    The older classes are more customizable, but don't have the pretty eyes/hair the new ones do. >.<

To be honest the new classes look like they don't belong in this game, or vice versa. Nothing seems to match.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    I agree about the differences in graphics between the new and old, it looks weird. I can look at a persons character without a god's eye and hardly be able to tell if they're tideborn or earthguard. I figured the tb would be the only class with their lips and all, but nope.
    The older classes are more customizable, but don't have the pretty eyes/hair the new ones do. >.<

To be honest the new classes look like they don't belong in this game, or vice versa. Nothing seems to match.

Yeah xD when I'm on my earthguard I forget I'm playing pwi lol. Just that small change I think could make them all look more like they fit in.

All they'd have to do is update a few texture files.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    Narriru - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I spend ALOT of time customizing my characters. So, I'd love to have the stuff the newer class has without having to haxxor the game b:surrender

Would be nice if we could get old classes skills redone. Parasitic nova is as fancy as it gets for a veno. Even then the nubbyish lvl EG skills look a thousand times prettier than nova. :|

Love the idea Kyna, 100% support b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    I spend ALOT of time customizing my characters. So, I'd love to have the stuff the newer class has without having to haxxor the game b:surrender

Would be nice if we could get old classes skills redone. Parasitic nova is as fancy as it gets for a veno. Even then the nubbyish lvl EG skills look a thousand times prettier than nova. :|

Love the idea Kyna, 100% support b:victory

^^ thank you. And I know what yo mean by the skills, but that would be complicated to do. This is PWI, they're probably too lazy to even do this simple upgrade to the look of the game so I'm not going to push my luck with a more elaborate suggestion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think the customizing on the newer chars is alright really, granted theres some options missing but i aint to fussed as long as i can morph a characters face.

But yea when i look at my cleric and veno and compare it to my mystic, kinda makes me not wonna use either of my old classes just because they look more outdated, it confuses me to how they can come up with 2 expansions offering an entire new race 2 times, but yet they actually feel its OK to leave the older classes the way they are, its just extreamly lazy on the devs part.

Hopefully the next *expansion* will infact be a graphics overhaul, If they did do such a thing, this game would definitely take a turn for the better and increase its life span with the newer graphic games coming out in 2011.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Would be nice to give everything that's old a little makeover. However, I'd prefer the revamp to be done first on the world. I'm not asking to reconstruct and add bloated and unnecessary effects. Since the game's engine is ****-tastic, that would be horrible. I just would like to see a simple retexture to resemble the newer ones.

But yeah... character texture and model tune-ups would be nice as well.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Thank you very much for the support so far guys ^^ I really hope that I can get this around enough so that maybe I'll get heard >_>

Maybe...

Yeah I know, fat chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I really wanted to choose 'But perfect world does not listen' but I really want this to happen. *siiiiighhh* 100% Support Kyna. But I feel like this won't happen in a million years, especially since they're working on their new game and the graphics there are kick butt. I just get the impression they won't even bother since their focus is elsewhere. b:cry b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    I really wanted to choose 'But perfect world does not listen' but I really want this to happen. *siiiiighhh* 100% Support Kyna. But I feel like this won't happen in a million years, especially since they're working on their new game and the graphics there are kick butt. I just get the impression they won't even bother since their focus is elsewhere. b:cry b:surrender

lol doesn't hurt to try I suppose. :/ it's a really small change, I don't see why they would "lack the time" to do it. lol I could give them new hair textures on all the old hair in less than a day, it's just that easy. >_> if I can do it their "professionals" can definitely do it.

Thank you very much for the support ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • mistressshake
    mistressshake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    voted ^^/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dungeon design contest Phase one Winner
    (third contest, between second and third wave)
    LV 35 Vampire
    LV 57 Priest
    Rank 3 in level at closed of phase 4
  • BlinxBell - Heavens Tear
    BlinxBell - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys, I've been wondering about this same thing. I've been wanting to make over my old Veno, and I figured out that if I move the .ini files from folder to folder, copy them, I can get TB hair on my veno, but not E.Guard. I've looked on the forums all over and from what I can tell, the GM's say that it's legal to MOVE files just not alter them. See here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=387611 I would like to double check tho, before I go flouncing around in the game with TB hair and get myself banned lol. As far as I know it is fine to move the files around. Am I right in this or do I stand corrected? Any input would be great! Thanks guys!
  • Kasavia - Heavens Tear
    Kasavia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    (BlinxBell here) Nevermind on that guys, unfortunately, I got my answer here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=563901&page=2 I'm all for an item or some way to use different racial hair though! Advanced makeover scroll option in the future? Would be great! (Make money PWE you know you want to!)
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    After i think about these probably they would pick preset option to alter old races look. So your character look not get screwed up.

So in order to use same looking graphic with TB or EG you need to change character preset to the new one and start edit it from there. (the old preset still available and the new preset isn't default for the race)

Tough probably would have less customization like TB and EG. If the options from old preset still show up (ex lips color) when you use new preset probably it won't change the looks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    After i think about these probably they would pick preset option to alter old races look. So your character look not get screwed up.

So in order to use same looking graphic with TB or EG you need to change character preset to the new one and start edit it from there. (the old preset still available and the new preset isn't default for the race)

Tough probably would have less customization like TB and EG. If the options from old preset still show up (ex lips color) when you use new preset probably it won't change the looks.

Adding a preset that is only similar to the other races is an idea but it's not what I was talking about. I was only talking about adding better options for hair and eyes, and upgrading the texture on pre existing hair styles. But still, adding a preset with nicer textures (lips and skin) would be nice... It has it's pros and cons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Yeah I think for now just wishing for better eyes, maybe other parts of the face, and hair would be the safest bet. Because better graphics means less customization apparently.

Aka:It would take longer working with the 3D models for more customization, and thus slower expansions, and therefore less money?

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I support you 100% Kyna, its unfair to older races how out dated they look. And tbh, it kinda makes the game unbalaned.

Reasoning:

EGs/TBs = More attractive > more TBs/EGs > Less clerics/mages/tanks/bms > unbalanced ratio of classes

Maybe Im over thinking it, but it kinda feels that way doesnt it? In any event, I support you Kyna. Sadly PWE doesnt give a rats *** about PWi and we'll probably never get the graphic upgrade this game really needs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    I support you 100% Kyna, its unfair to older races how out dated they look. And tbh, it kinda makes the game unbalaned.

Reasoning:

EGs/TBs = More attractive > more TBs/EGs > Less clerics/mages/tanks/bms > unbalanced ratio of classes

Maybe Im over thinking it, but it kinda feels that way doesnt it? In any event, I support you Kyna. Sadly PWE doesnt give a rats *** about PWi and we'll probably never get the graphic upgrade this game really needs.

Yeah, I know what you mean, this game will never get a lot of things that it needs. Like a better servers to stop rubber banding, or even just fixing the fash so that it doesn't glitch and disappear. I mean really, I'm tired of my pants magically disappearing. I play on a desktop with six gigs of ram, I shouldn't be experiencing any of these glitches.

Those fixes have been suggested in the past but they have gone nowhere, just like I suspect this suggestion will also never go further than the forums. But I suppose it doesn't hurt to try. I'm certainly never charging any Zen again until something happens. I already haven't put a dime into this game in a year now. (If only other people could do the same, see what fixes they make when they're losing money because of the things they refuse to work on.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Kawaiidesune - Lost City
    Kawaiidesune - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    love how everyone agree's with u....everyone not a single vote in pole with disagreeing XD
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    love how everyone agree's with u....everyone not a single vote in pole with disagreeing XD

I'm a little surprised... I suppose I presented my case well? xD I was expecting a few disagreements actually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Okay so now that I know people definitely agree with me on this how the heck to I get it past the suggestion box?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Okay so now that I know people definitely agree with me on this how the heck to I get it past the suggestion box?

Hope, pray, and have us all spam tickets.
    edited March 2011
    We need to find popular ! PWE / Wanmei only hearing popular demands . . . not us. Just like how popular bring anni pack for so many times . . eventually PWE / Wanmei just let it become permanent.

If popular want to suggest these . . . it's going to become true !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    We need to find popular ! PWE / Wanmei only hearing popular demands . . . not us. Just like how popular bring anni pack for so many times . . eventually PWE / Wanmei just let it become permanent.

If popular want to suggest these . . . it's going to become true !!

Actually, Im pretty sure the CN server doesnt have packs and they have acctual bug fixes. Its just our company that spams pack/d.orb/refining sales in our cs, were the only version that has this problem sadly :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Well then I don't know about you guys but I'm going to get to spammin those tickets or getting a gm's attention lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I totally agree with you Kyna. The old races need at least a lil bit of upgrading done ^^
    I like the look of my veno, but indeed the eyes and hair look all so dull in comparison to my seeker :/

I still love playing on my veno, but I catch myself on going like *O* wooooooow over the looks and skills of my seeker...

Upgrading the looks of skills would just increase my lag.. (even though I would love to have some new graphics for those ofc hehe)
    But just upgrading the graphics of hair and eyes would make characters look a lot more detailed already without causing much trouble ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Yeah that's what I was aiming for, the easiest fix ever. Anything bigger and it's even less likely that it'll be considered since the devs seem so lazy about fixing their own game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Man I'd love to somehow get this issue attention. Though I don't really know how our side of PW works. Who really makes the decisions? Is PWI an entirely different branch of the company than PWCN? Are our GMs like frankie really that influential in actual game modifications and changing? I'm honestly not sure how the PWI business tree is built. o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I guess the gm's should tell the devs in china so they can do something about it b:surrender

I really hope this idea will be implementedb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
    edited March 2011
    I guess the one above gm's, above gm's commander, above manager, above director / project manager, above developer, someone near owner should tell the devs in china so they can do something about it b:surrender

I really hope this idea will be implementedb:thanks

Fixed (b:victory)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calitae - Sanctuary
    Calitae - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I voted yes for changes.
    I love how customizable the old classes are, but the textures for the newer classes are so much more captivating. As for skills? My eyes are really starting to bleed. I'd love to see something a little more imaginative for Ironheart. For me, updating the old should be a higher priority than flooding us with new content which will still suffer the aggravating rubber banding and glitching that the old does.
    Personally I'd also love for Barb True form to mean TRUE form...I want my panda to be a panda; but sadly this issue has been raised before and the dev's won't change it due to the "traditional" significance of the white tiger within China.

And, as far as power goes, the GMs are more like supervisors. I've seen the GM interface after having been one on a private server for experimental purposes. They have the power to change the contents of your storage, your cultivation and level. They are responsible for turning instances/maps/servers on and off and can teleport you to any place in the map.
    But the developers manager's are the ones to go to if you're wanting new content. Then they give the order to the developers to program it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig by the wonderful Forsakenx ;D