Mystic Vs Cleric

2»

Comments

• supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This +1000000. I agree on ur post by a lot. Considering the BH 51, i do have some doubts , but for the others , Mystic can do great things in a squad (if he/she knows how to play , like any other class)

yeaah hes correct on just about everything. certain bosses mystics r just plain out of the question unless the lvl gap is hugely in mystics favor.i do know on one hand that mystics can be healers for the fb 59 though. had one healing the barb and party and it went smooth as silk. frost is best to be safe then sorry so go with cleric. and if if u really wanna be pro mystics ( ik cash shopping sounds bad at first) an mp charm would be a life savor for ur mp bar.
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    oops quoted wronge thing my bad but u know the one im talking about on first page
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystic will win of corse but clerics is only for support mystics can do high damage and stuff it owns i beated a lvl 42 barb when i was lvl 34 mystic and beated other classes to MYSTIC OWNSb:victoryb:victory

High damage? LOL. Your Mystic is nothing compared to an 5aps character. Wake up, no one needs magical DDs lately. Squads need 1 healer (Cleric), 1 tank (Barb) and 4 5aps. b:bye

And stop with this mid lvl ****. lvl it to 100 then talk. No one gives a shi.t about low lvl pvp, no offence.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hijack12 wrote: »
    Q1:Can a mystic replace a cleric in an instance squad (bh , TT, FF/FC ,... etc )

Q2: In what category can we place a mystic ? ( DD or healer)

I need some clear answer about that ,... thanks in advance b:thanks

1.) No, they will not replace clerics in squads, they will actually make it a lot more easier to do instances if you have a cleric and a mystic in squads. So they don't replace clerics, they are a clerics best friend. Lol b:pleased

2.) Their job is mostly to DD/Debuff/Support heal if the cleric has trouble healing. They also have that rez buff witch if you have a cleric with that rez buff and theirs a party wipe, the cleric can simply rez at the spot where he/she died, and rez everyone and do it over alot more faster than a cleric going back to town and going all away back to the people who died and rezing them. So they will be wanted in squads without replacing any classes. :)

They are also good in PvP but I never got my mystic to the point where he can start PvPing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Actually one of the plants throws a bless but the herbs can get wrecked by AOE's so it's not a viable option to have mystic as main healer. However I could potentially see Mystics being picked sometimes over Cleric for Nirvana-and that's what I'm preparing for. 5 APS members don't require that type of spam healing as much, the auto res (especially demon version w/ 100% HP recovery) is nice and of course their other plants debuffs help.

If you seriously think that a high level 5.0 aps squad is going to forgo a cleric to pick you then I seriously need to try some of what you're smoking. b:thanks

They are going to be dropping the cleric for another aps... not a replacement healer/caster.
  • Cathyz - Dreamweaver
    Cathyz - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    hijack12 wrote: »
    Q1:Can a mystic replace a cleric in an instance squad (bh , TT, FF/FC ,... etc )

Q2: In what category can we place a mystic ? ( DD or healer)

I need some clear answer about that ,... thanks in advance b:thanks

In pwi wiki is... Damage almost equivalent to that of Psychic's and mystic DD/DPS in partys +Mystics in PvP are capable of killing their enemies within seconds
    And mystics arent clerics or venos just saying xD
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Mystics are probably better healers than clerics for most content, but you have to be a lot more reactive.

FC bishop boss seems like it would be hard, but all you do is lay down vital herb and you can actually forget about healing for the entire fight. Cleric could heal for bishop but would need people to be charmed. I would take a mystic over a cleric anyday for bishop.

Same for just about every boss in FC, except for the last 2 bosses and shout boss.

The few instances they aren't effective in would be warsong city, where blue ball is needed because people are usually too squishy to take full damage and live. Basically any instance that does extreme spike damage (dead in under 2 seconds) is bad since we don't have BB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's sorta obvious. Considering the fact that mystics have pets and summons, on top of slow casting spells and expensive heals, mystics are more suited to a background role than anything else. I suppose in a fight their priorities is to micromanage his/her own pet, along with summoning a plant (vial herb + that other healer herb) if the team's getting hurt, or an offensive plant, depending on the situation. As a cleric can heal for the majority of the time, a mystic's only purpose is to spike heal and buff with falling petals, along with the rez buff, in case the cleric perishes.

Also, I find that the dd that a cleric can do, albiet powerful, takes a long time to channel, thus wont be much use against normal mobs if in an instance, and should only be used on bosses. The extra damage gained vs monsters for absorb soul confirms this. (or you can see this as a pvp nerf, either way in 5 secs when the spell fires off it wont take full effect)

The heal provided by mystics in general cost too much to be effective if a mystic is the primary mode of healing, in addition, they do not have purify, which is important. they are however good as a subsidary backup, as the amount of healing put out by the 2 healing plants (which can be put out at the same time as vital herb can be on at the same time as 1 other plant) is pretty decent in a party, but not so much if used on its own. The healing summon is also decent for a party.

A fine example of someone talking out of their bum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    necro >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    My BM was in an FCC squad with just a mystic. This was in the 80-90 range.

Of course with a cleric it would have been easier since I did tend to use a few hp pots here and there, but in that case we just couldn't find one. So the mystic did just fine, she also used Salvation for big pulls. The xp room went smoothly.

So yes, a mystic can be the sole healer in FCC.
    Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
  • turg14
    turg14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Mystic are PRETTY POWERFULb:angryI think that heal is just spam a heal skill not that rubbish BB BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH PURIFY? HEAL THE EFFECT AND IT'S OVER. 2 MYSTICS IN SQUAD WILL COMPLETELY REPLACE CLERICb:angryb:laughb:pleasedb:chuckle
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Solo healed a nirvana run yesterday. No cleric buffs, no deaths and no charm ticks.

One mystic is enough to replace a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • FortySeven - Raging Tide
    FortySeven - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    im really hoping this talk 2 months ago about NO PURIFY was before sage/demon skills became lol .. sage single target purify, demon aoe purify? and in FC mystic is able to solo heal and DD same time, vital herb/healing herb/petal, and we have 2 great aoes, one that seal/immobilzes and the pet that aoes. cleric still owns where BB needed tho.
    PvP is different, if you know your class and have decent gear you can kill and be killed like all.
    but this seems like an old thread, you guys alrdy probably know this
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    In pwi wiki is... Damage almost equivalent to that of Psychic's and mystic DD/DPS in partys +Mystics in PvP are capable of killing their enemies within seconds
    And mystics arent clerics or venos just saying xD

Yeah, don't trust pwi wiki for everything... It's a wiki, so there's a bit of **** posted in it. I've switched between my mystic and psy and I gotta say one thing I miss on my psy/wiz sometimes is the pure dmg. Mystics can't really compare to it, but we do however have quite a few useful ways of temporarily increasing our dmg, as well as having our pets to contribute to dmg. But the more powerful you get, the bigger that gap in dmg between the two becomes.

Also, that same wiki says the single best mystic pvp skill is cragg ~_~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TwentyTwoTwo - Raging Tide
    TwentyTwoTwo - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Also, that same wiki says the single best mystic pvp skill is cragg ~_~

wiki fails then lol ^ or.. maybe i fail, my cragg is lvl 1 and i never use it 20 secs sucks QQ