Mystic Vs Cleric

hijack12
hijack12 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Mystic
Q1:Can a mystic replace a cleric in an instance squad (bh , TT, FF/FC ,... etc )

Q2: In what category can we place a mystic ? ( DD or healer)

I need some clear answer about that ,... thanks in advance b:thanks
Post edited by hijack12 on

Comments

• NoXide_ - Heavens Tear
    NoXide_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    your really trying to compare a mystics healing abilities to a clerics..
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A1: No

A2: DD/Support
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    reason is no because:
    we cant stack our heals, making our heals heal even more, like cleric
    we cant BB, which is more than definitely needed for countless number of bosses
    we cant buff a party
    we dont have as many heals
    we cant purify

probably some other reasons too :P

but we can act as a secondary healer. maybe in not all situations though, but it really just depends on how strong our heals are, and how well we can keep our mana up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For the truth i am confused why people comparing mystic and cleric . .
    The buffs already make quiet big differences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • LadyFianait - Dreamweaver
    LadyFianait - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Having started a Mystic myself and seeing their potenital, I would hope that Cleric's will utilize the Mystic's powers. I like to think that a Mystic could be seen as the Cleric's cleric. Clerics heal the the Tank & party, Blue Bubble at the difficult bosses and provide buffs and there is no replacing those abilities. Mystics in a party should focus on keeping the Rez Buff on the Cleric and healing them if mobs get a little crazy, and also to provide back-up heals for other party members if the Cleric is busy spaming IH on the Tank. All in all I think Mystics and Clerics would make upstanding squad partners.
    We Are Recruiting: On The Dreamweaver Server: Fly Away Home To Zion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contact Us Through PM: On Forum Or In Game: We Want To Hear From You
    Apply To Zion On Our New Forums: www(dot)zion(dot)shivtr(dot)com
  • Shahiro - Dreamweaver
    Shahiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Q1:Can a mystic replace a cleric in an instance squad (bh , TT, FF/FC ,... etc )

In my opinion, yes. I've already had a preview of what it might be like without a cleric. I was doing my fb today and BOTH of my clerics d/ced on us! I kept the tanker alive using Salvation ( <3 ) during the mobs. (You can't put a shield on everyone because of cooldown and having to focus on one person. So choose the tanker and 1-2 of the main aggro stealers before going at a mob) When the damage gets too high the shield busts so throw Petals on them and only a few clouds to keep the HP up. If someone randomly gets aggro Salvation comes to the rescue. I don't have AOE heal yet so you have to rely on the squad not to make it too hard on you (before bh39)

~

Being main healer should be easy from bh/fb 19 ~ 39. Fushma, in 51 should not be difficult-- you only have on target to worry about. I'm going to say that if you have a squishy in your squad for Rankar you need a cleric. Wyvern in bh51 gets tricky because of the poison dmg. It's plausible that with a good tank you could be able to counter the debuff with Falling Petals (now at level 8), moderate spamming of clouds, and putting a sheild on tank. But then comes the AOE-- you need a cleric.. Nothing beats being able to purify the poison and spamming ironheart. Other bosses that don't require purify I'd say are do-able with Mystic as main healer. It would take more skill on the Mystic's part than a Cleric to keep the squad alive throughout-- and definitely more pots/mp food.

As for TT, unless you're rich (mana cost), I'd rather be a Cleric as a main healer. There's a possibility it can be done. I'm sure the strength of heals get's considerably stronger paired with Vital Herb for long durations. The aoe bosses come to mind as a definite challenge. A pure mag Mystic and Cleric have about the same survivability. You could argue that during AOE the Mystic would fare better with the lovely Salvation by their side sheilding from the damage. Clerics could use Tree of Protection but that cooldown is too long.

FC ? No way. Cleric remains master in that department as a whole. First boss? A mystic can do (and maybe the last two and the yelling boss-- sorry forgot the names) but definitely not bishop boss or bubble boss (Galact-- something) Although myst would be a nice AID to the Cleric. As a side note the Mystics can be a great addition during the big pulls. IH can wear off in the long halls. The shield Mystics offer can last the entire pull (tanker should be cautious not to get too many hits at once and break it) along with Petals which will not activate until the first hit.

~

In my squad I'd want to have a Cleric. Obviously they can offer buffs that Mystics can't and purify off poison. BB is only for emergencies and for people to act careless with aggro (that's what I've found in my experience as a cleric). But I'm saying, if no clerics are available and people watch their aggro, then a good Mystic (who knows what they're doing) can step up to the plate in most cases. Another reason I'd prefer a Cleric? Res. Unless, the squad agrees to stop every now and then making sure everyone still has their res buff. But GOSH that mana cost is so high. 12,000k mana just to put the buff on whole squad b:shocked

Q2: In what category can we place a mystic ?

DD and heal support. If more than one Mystic in a squad, split roles for a more efficient squad. One doctor one DD. If a Cleric is in the squad they are the King/Queen healers and should be worshipped because they are built for healing. I'm sure some Clerics are going to try to become DD with a Myst in the squad. That shouldn't happen. But they can DD a little more and relax.

My longest post on the forums yet. I apologize, this topic is just very interesting to me. But I guess I'm the minority in thinking that Mystics could switch to main healer. Not saying, however, that they can beat a cleric.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited March 2011

In my opinion, yes. I've already had a preview of what it might be like without a cleric. I was doing my fb today and BOTH of my clerics d/ced on us! I kept the tanker alive using Salvation ( <3 ) during the mobs. (You can't put a shield on everyone because of cooldown and having to focus on one person. So choose the tanker and 1-2 of the main aggro stealers before going at a mob) When the damage gets too high the shield busts so throw Petals on them and only a few clouds to keep the HP up. If someone randomly gets aggro Salvation comes to the rescue. I don't have AOE heal yet so you have to rely on the squad not to make it too hard on you (before bh39)

~

Being main healer should be easy from bh/fb 19 ~ 39. Fushma, in 51 should not be difficult-- you only have on target to worry about. I'm going to say that if you have a squishy in your squad for Rankar you need a cleric. Wyvern in bh51 gets tricky because of the poison dmg. It's plausible that with a good tank you could be able to counter the poison with Falling Petals (now at level 8), moderate spamming of clouds, and putting a sheild on tank. But then comes the AOE-- you need a cleric.. Nothing beats being able to purify the poison and spamming ironheart. Other bosses that don't require purify I'd say are do-able with Mystic as main healer. It would take more skill on the Mystic's part than a Cleric to keep the squad alive throughout-- and definitely more pots/mp food.

As for TT, unless you're rich (mana cost), I'd rather be a Cleric as a main healer. There's a possibility it can be done. I'm sure the strength of heals get's considerably stronger paired with Vital Herb for long durations. The aoe bosses come to mind as a definite challenge. A pure mag Mystic and Cleric have about the same survivability. You could argue that during AOE the Mystic would fare better with the lovely Salvation by their side sheilding from the damage. Clerics could use Tree of Protection but that cooldown is too long.

FC ? No way. Cleric remains master in that department as a whole. First boss? A mystic can do (and maybe the last two and the yelling boss-- sorry forgot the names) but definitely not bishop boss or bubble boss (Galact-- something) Although myst would be a nice AID to the Cleric. As a side note the Mystics can be a great addition during the big pulls. IH can wear off in the long halls. The shield Mystics offer can last the entire pull (tanker should be cautious not to get too many hits at once and break it) along with Petals which will not activate until the first hit.

~

In my squad I'd want to have a Cleric. Obviously they can offer buffs that Mystics can't and purify off poison. BB is only for emergencies and for people to act careless with aggro (that's what I've found in my experience as a cleric). But I'm saying, if no clerics are available and people watch their aggro, then a good Mystic (who knows what they're doing) can step up to the plate in most cases. Another reason I'd prefer a Cleric? Res. Unless, the squad agrees to stop every now and then making sure everyone still has their res buff. But GOSH that mana cost is so high. 12,000k mana just to put the buff on whole squad b:shocked

DD and heal support. If more than one Mystic in a squad, split roles for a more efficient squad. One doctor one DD. If a Cleric is in the squad they are the King/Queen healers and should be worshipped because they are built for healing. I'm sure some Clerics are going to try to become DD with a Myst in the squad. That shouldn't happen. But they can DD a little more and relax.

My longest post on the forums yet. I apologize, this topic is just very interesting to me. But I guess I'm the minority in thinking that Mystics could switch to main healer. Not saying, however, that they can beat a cleric.

This +1000000. I agree on ur post by a lot. Considering the BH 51, i do have some doubts , but for the others , Mystic can do great things in a squad (if he/she knows how to play , like any other class)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • XXXpwnerXXX - Archosaur
    XXXpwnerXXX - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystic will win of corse but clerics is only for support mystics can do high damage and stuff it owns i beated a lvl 42 barb when i was lvl 34 mystic and beated other classes to MYSTIC OWNSb:victoryb:victory
  • Kurumilla - Raging Tide
    Kurumilla - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mystic: a veno with some cleric skills. so can aid the work of a cleric, and sometimes replace it.

can act as a 2nd healer or be a cleric's nurse. if not can be a DD

at my experience, clerics are a bit weak, but always u can see someone crying for a cleric.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011

~

Being main healer should be easy from bh/fb 19 ~ 39. Fushma, in 51 should not be difficult-- you only have on target to worry about. I'm going to say that if you have a squishy in your squad for Rankar you need a cleric. Wyvern in bh51 gets tricky because of the poison dmg. It's plausible that with a good tank you could be able to counter the poison with Falling Petals (now at level 8), moderate spamming of clouds, and putting a sheild on tank. But then comes the AOE-- you need a cleric.. Nothing beats being able to purify the poison and spamming ironheart. Other bosses that don't require purify I'd say are do-able with Mystic as main healer. It would take more skill on the Mystic's part than a Cleric to keep the squad alive throughout-- and definitely more pots/mp food.

~

+1
    Very very well said. One thing though, Wyvern doesn't have any poison damage. Perhaps you meant his increased damage debuff?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Very well said Shahiro!

I hope Clerics won't relax way too much haha. I'm looking forward playing on my Cleric and having a Mystic in my team as well as supporting a Cleric!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Shahiro - Dreamweaver
    Shahiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    +1
    Very very well said. One thing though, Wyvern doesn't have any poison damage. Perhaps you meant his increased damage debuff?

Yeah, I meant the debuff that pops up that makes his dmg killer.
  • Makseleren - Heavens Tear
    Makseleren - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystics don't replace clerics or venos in later levels.

But they are very good to have in a party.

They can heal pretty good. And relieves the cleric from stress. No more random squad members asking for heal while the cleric heals the main tank.

They deal good damage from afar with the second summon. And can add stuns with the first.

They can make a shield on any member (best used for tanks) like the archer shield that makes the target invulnerable for a while.

Clean lower instance mobs quick with the last summon.

Prevent wipeouts with autoresurect.

And so much more.

I didn't replace the cleric or the veno in my squads but they were so happy about the extra heal, shield on the tank and autores.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mystics can never replace cerlics. they are more of a back up plan. if i didn't know any better, i'd think the devs heard me QQing about how sqad wipes are so common. they then made mystics to halt sqad wipes lol.

the mystic is a support class but in a diffrent way than cerlics. mystics can debuff using their plants(hmmmm reduced attack rate and increased channeling time = less work on tank and healer) they can be used as a back up healer when things get hairy and with the res buff, if the tank somehow dies, he can get right back up and try to regain aggro, all the while the cerlic and mystic try to keep the rest of the party alive.
  • Quinarella - Sanctuary
    Quinarella - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystic will win of corse but clerics is only for support mystics can do high damage and stuff it owns i beated a lvl 42 barb when i was lvl 34 mystic and beated other classes to MYSTIC OWNSb:victoryb:victory

I guess you have never seen a Cleric DD before
    NiteDream - Marshal [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Terranei - Harshlands
    Terranei - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's good to have both. Mystics can be used as back up since they have rezz orbs. Once that's used up the Cleric can come and quickly heal/buff the player and Mystics can switch to tank-mode. Downside is that Mystics use up A LOT of mp. They will never replace Clerics, but Mystics are a nice class to have in your party 'cause of versatility.

Mystic + Cleric's high lvl buffs = omgtoogood!
    I'm a Mystical Mystic Mysticly Mysting you with my green Mystical powers of Mysticness.
    Yeah..I went there.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's good to have both. Mystics can be used as back up since they have rezz orbs. Once that's used up the Cleric can come and quickly heal/buff the player and Mystics can switch to tank-mode. Downside is that Mystics use up A LOT of mp. They will never replace Clerics, but Mystics are a nice class to have in your party 'cause of versatility.

Mystic + Cleric's high lvl buffs = omgtoogood!

High versatility, ok, but tell me how a mystic would switch to "tank-mode" ? Well, unless you go HA build, I don't see what you mean. Unless you meant they can keep the tank alive while the cleric rebuffs ppl who have just rezed thanks to mystic's buff ?
  • Asduf - Heavens Tear
    Asduf - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think to expand on what Shahiro said, if the instance doesn't require BB, mystics are just as good as clerics (they can't stack, but pet buff, plant heal, and mystic heals all at the same time are good enough). Otherwise, grab a cleric.
  • magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think to expand on what Shahiro said, if the instance doesn't require BB or purify, mystics are just as good as clerics (they can't stack, but pet buff, plant heal, and mystic heals all at the same time are good enough). Otherwise, grab a cleric.

Fix in red. I wouldn't want a BB in Wraithgate and sometimes the clarification needs to be made that BB is not the end all of end all cleric abilities.
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FinalFlora - Heavens Tear
    FinalFlora - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think to expand on what Shahiro said, if the instance doesn't require BB, mystics are just as good as clerics (they can't stack, but pet buff, plant heal, and mystic heals all at the same time are good enough). Otherwise, grab a cleric.

No. I have a cleric I can main heal on. We are mystics not clerics. We can support/dd help squad with a cleric in it. So sick of people trying to add stress on everything..
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Actually one of the plants throws a bless but the herbs can get wrecked by AOE's so it's not a viable option to have mystic as main healer. However I could potentially see Mystics being picked sometimes over Cleric for Nirvana-and that's what I'm preparing for. 5 APS members don't require that type of spam healing as much, the auto res (especially demon version w/ 100% HP recovery) is nice and of course their other plants debuffs help.

So in the lower level instances Mystics are a Cleric's compliment, but watch out in 100 where Nirvana starts happening.
  • Asduf - Heavens Tear
    Asduf - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just because clerics can heal doesn't mean suddenly that no other class can heal as well. Barbs can tank. BM's can also tank most things. Also, just because a plant might go down doesn't mean mystics can't heal. Just resummon the plant, it takes 2 seconds. Obviously this doesn't work if aoe is every 5 seconds or something, but in that case you'd need BB which mystics can't do to begin with.
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    clerics will and always be the main healer

we suck our mp dry without our charms

(i have become charm reliable b:sad)
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I need more mana . . more . . more . . more mana . . (b:beg)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I need more mana . . more . . more . . more mana . . (b:beg)

soon the mystics will become vampires thirsting for mana b:shocked
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • EmperiousDX - Archosaur
    EmperiousDX - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As a mystic myself I'd say no, Mystic won't replace Clerics. Mystics lack the main skills that make cleric a cleric. Buffs, Purify and BB. Our heals are decent. Cloud heals a good bit, and if you spam Falling Petals with it you can get a IH like effect. AoE heal is slow as hell tho. Use salvation, failing petals and cloud you can keep anyone alive, but when debuffs get invovled we can't do much to stop that. Unless we heal fast enough to bypass the lost res. I've done it before on FB51 at wyvern healed barb good enough to where bosses debuff didn't matter, but try that at pole or nob, my guess is mystic will fail. As for BB we have Heal plant. Max heal 175 hp per 2 second but no dmg reduction. BB is a very much needed skill. Go kill GBA boss using a Mystic and see how good you do. In all Honesty a Mystic is just a cleric that dropped out Cleric school a bit early and found out how to summon. If we had stayed in school a bit longer then maybe we'd be able to say "You know what we can replace clerics" But now all we can do is think of the could've, would've should've been.

Mystic Heals Max

Cloud 330 + 30% base atk
    Falling Petals (9 sec after hit) 714 + 30% base atk
    Comforting Mist (AoE) 720 + 18% atk
    Heal Plant(AoE) 175 hp per 2 sec for 1 min

Cleric Heals Maxed

Wellspinrg 350 + 20% base atk
    Stream 1230 + 50% base atk
    Iron Heart 714 + 30% base atk
    Chromatic(AoE) 1070 20% base atk
    Resurrection

Resurrect reduce exp loss by 80% and rez with 50% hp Revive reduce exp loss by 90% and rez with 10% hp + mp

We can pretty much see who has better heals. as for rez mystic save a hp charm tick but 10% less exp loss, and you still need the buff on. (at the cost of 3800 mp for the mystic.)
  • Alleia - Dreamweaver
    Alleia - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mystic: a veno with some cleric skills. so can aid the work of a cleric, and sometimes replace it.

can act as a 2nd healer or be a cleric's nurse. if not can be a DD

at my experience, clerics are a bit weak, but always u can see someone crying for a cleric.

Mind elaborating on how you think Clerics are weak? Clerics were primarily the only healing class in the game for other players before Mystics and Psychics bubble of life came along. Priests/Clerics are always the main healers in games.

If you mean for DD - It depends on the build of the Cleric and what culti they have gone. I've been able to out DD and hold aggro from an entire squad of similar levels with decent gear being Demon.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Actually one of the plants throws a bless but the herbs can get wrecked by AOE's so it's not a viable option to have mystic as main healer. However I could potentially see Mystics being picked sometimes over Cleric for Nirvana-and that's what I'm preparing for. 5 APS members don't require that type of spam healing as much, the auto res (especially demon version w/ 100% HP recovery) is nice and of course their other plants debuffs help.

So in the lower level instances Mystics are a Cleric's compliment, but watch out in 100 where Nirvana starts happening.

That's actually what I'm worried about, considering that I still want to nirv without giving up on my cleric. So far the only consoling fact is that from the looks of it, Mystics will be costly mana-wise, more so than clerics.

Mystic res is also very expensive, and while it does provide hp after res, a cleric can easily heal that with a quick wellspring or maybe a stream of rejuvination, for a much cheaper cost. Combine that with high mana costs for summoning plants and pets, healing pets, resummoning, etc. Bosses will aggro and kill your pets sometimes. Some bosses will aoe them. It will be tough being a main healer with average Nirv squads, but with 5.0aps squads, I'm not sure really. On one hand, clerics provide nice buffs and purify (needed for one boss in nirv) and healing is much cheaper. On the other hand, Mystics have pets to DD with (and Salvation with its shield) and some squads may favour their res. I think the res more or less even.

Considering that you probably won't be putting bosses to sleep in nirv, I think that clerics and venos may be better for debuffing than Mystics in nirv. The debuffing plant seems to be the befuddling creeper. When maxed, it MAY reduce elemental and physical resistances by 20% and attack rate by 40%. Sins have ribstrike (-50% attack rate), and even so, it doesn't seem to be much needed in aps squads, considering that they don't need much healing. In comparison Clerics can keep a 30% physical/magical debuff on the boss pretty much all the time by recasting it before it wears off, which is pretty easy with high aps squads.

I would like to think that mystics won't replace clerics, but in terms of the lower lvls and in nirv, but I'm not sure really since I've only just started playing a mystic and having gotten around to squad with people yet. Are clerics replaceable in nirvana? In 5.0aps squads? That's what I would like to know.

BH100 wise, I don't think that clerics can be replaced. BH Abbadon... BB would be a good idea there since some bosses have bad aoe. The mana drain on the bh boss doesn't help. BH Seat... you'll probably need BB on the bh boss depending on how long it takes to kill it; bad physical aoe. BH Metal and Fire... BB is needed for the bosses; they hit hard. BH delta... You'll need BB. Squal heal is usually only enough to keep the squad alive for a short time. BH3-3... you don't need BB there since the boss aoe stuns, but I'm not sure how you can keep the tank alive without a stackable heal... he still hits tanks really hard and it's hard to keep them alive without cleric buffs. It might also be better to have a cleric since people may die multiple times and need reses. Mystic would be a good support healer, and to help out the cleric, but it would be hard for them to be the main healer for bh100.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Cenire - Sanctuary
    Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Pretty much what everyone said, but as a cleric I'd love to have a mystic in my squad. That way somebody watches MY back for once. And it saves me coins on buying res scrolls.
  • Stipulation - Heavens Tear
    Stipulation - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's sorta obvious. Considering the fact that mystics have pets and summons, on top of slow casting spells and expensive heals, mystics are more suited to a background role than anything else. I suppose in a fight their priorities is to micromanage his/her own pet, along with summoning a plant (vial herb + that other healer herb) if the team's getting hurt, or an offensive plant, depending on the situation. As a cleric can heal for the majority of the time, a mystic's only purpose is to spike heal and buff with falling petals, along with the rez buff, in case the cleric perishes.

Also, I find that the dd that a cleric can do, albiet powerful, takes a long time to channel, thus wont be much use against normal mobs if in an instance, and should only be used on bosses. The extra damage gained vs monsters for absorb soul confirms this. (or you can see this as a pvp nerf, either way in 5 secs when the spell fires off it wont take full effect)

The heal provided by mystics in general cost too much to be effective if a mystic is the primary mode of healing, in addition, they do not have purify, which is important. they are however good as a subsidary backup, as the amount of healing put out by the 2 healing plants (which can be put out at the same time as vital herb can be on at the same time as 1 other plant) is pretty decent in a party, but not so much if used on its own. The healing summon is also decent for a party.