Time to fix bugs!

Comments

• ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I remember someone spreading a link about a forum post that said current devs got little to no knowledge about the older code. It makes sense considering that the old devs left the company years ago...
    That would be me fine sirb:victory
    Why old bugs stay unfixed

...I'll keep spreading it like a disease lol, I must....have...MOAR QQQQQQQQQQQQ!!!!!!!!b:laughb:laugh
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That's part of the problem.

Another part of the problem is there aren't very many real developers. Probably just a few people who just got out of school that barely know what they're doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Another part of the problem is there aren't very many real developers. Probably just a few people who just got out of school that barely know what they're doing.
    ^Tis true, as many new peeps cant copy the original ideas and methods of older ways, it applies all around
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    Maisha - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2011

See, because of that thought, the company image of PW altogether becomes disgraceful for me. Really good gaming companies --regardless if they are free to play or pay to play, they look for people who know what they specialize in doing by showing a portfolio of their works and resumes --their strengths and weaknesses in all sorts of different programming. I'm not saying they don't know anything, it's because they lack the information architecture of what caters to the gamers and the fact that they've probably lack the education in the field of gaming programming besides being lazy. xD (keep that up, PW, and one day you will shut down your company, and this is coming from a student who studies New Media Arts, Interface Design)

As some of the posts says, you get what you paid for. I don't think that is true for this game because I've stuffed thousands of dollars from my bank account to their damn wallets and I don't think I'm getting what I paid for. Sadly, I'm stuck in a situation where I can't do anything with my account but to make sure it's safe from hackers as it was a work of effort for all my toons. Good part was, I got to see it, experience it, and go through it until I'm sick of it all. -.-
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Howd you mean? when I'm using it on magic resistance mobs, I tend to get full damage from it, if its the physical def increased mob, its damage tends to be lower, unless I'm missing something.

Go kill a staunch worm in rt. Its resists 100%.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Charms not properly ticking with high aps

This might prove difficult simply due to the difference of perception of time on the server and the two clients.
    Gaining buffs from canceled skills

Interestingly, this is the way people use to glitch certain skills that take sparks, such as Power Dash. So if this was fixed, I believe, ridiculous as it sounds, that there would be complaints about it.
    Bound/unbound item stacking

Again, people are using this to buy Medals of Glory and sell them, so you'd probably get complaints if this was ever fixed. And it wouldn't only hurt the people selling them, it'd also hurt the people buying them, as it'd force those people to buy the DQs from cat shops instead. The only people who benefit from this are grinders who sell DQs to cat shops and the cat shops who sell the DQs for a profit. Well, I belong to the benefit group, but I still wouldn't be against fixing this. After all, the point of the Dragon Point system was to give us something for the 20% we lost without causing inflation.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The magic shell thing isnt realy a bug.
    Maybe, but not for sure.

Cause there are weapons who cast a lower version of magic shell randomly.

would u realy want to overbuff yourself with a less good skill?

dont think so

yea ofc, i know, it suxx the way it is - but we've learned to live with it

That makes no sense. We already know that in some cases the higher lvl skill/buff takes over . If you res someone with demon revive then with lvl 1, you get the demon version. It's then same if it were any higher lvl revive not just demon.

It's been commented recently by Astrelle (I think) that it happens with different skills as well.

Dew of Stars also doesn't give the effect of higher mag resist like it should. That kind of stuff should have a different icon like the pdef one does.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Add the glitching FBs to the list.

Most commonly: Gluttonix in 59, Fats in Brim and Torturess in SoT. Glutt tends to fail partway through while the other two just don't complete when the boss dies.

And how about the new expansion bugs: search filter in AH no longer working. Genie skills do not work unless hotkeyed or clicked on the very bottom (at least for some people). I'm sure there are more but those two bother me the most atm, along with the level guide that pops up every time my mystic levels. Apparently other people get a "do not show this again" message. Mine has never had this. Another bug?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Most commonly: Gluttonix in 59, Fats in Brim and Torturess in SoT. Glutt tends to fail partway through while the other two just don't complete when the boss dies.

And how about the new expansion bugs: search filter in AH no longer working. Genie skills do not work unless hotkeyed or clicked on the very bottom (at least for some people). I'm sure there are more but those two bother me the most atm, along with the level guide that pops up every time my mystic levels. Apparently other people get a "do not show this again" message. Mine has never had this. Another bug?
    add peach and dracobo in hell

in recent month they glitch a lot for me when i help out ppl with their fb
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yah this game has a big problem with short term buffs overriding long term ones. PDef is implemented well since none of the short term stuff overrids bell or vanguard. Evasion, regen., speed, blood paint, and a few others don't have alternative icons for short term and long term.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011

I got the do not show checkbox at 21+, but only going through another way. If you go to the encyclopedia and hit rookie guide, it should be there, that's how I did mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hey remember that excuse that the developers can't fix bugs because they are busy working on the genesis expansion? Well now that the expand has been released that excuse is no longer valid. Here are the bugs I can think of we want fixed.

Rubberbanding - introduced into normal gameplay since the age of spirits expansion
    Cleric magic shell - can't be refreshed
    Crash on entering rebirth / trophy mode
    Booted to 1k from rebirth
    Tideborn skills unable to be purged/purified
    Use proper level-of-detail model for veno pets
    Veno air pets getting stuck on the ground
    Incorrect face/skin color on venos at some distances
    Getting stuck in the floor after using a teleport skill
    Bosses falling through the floor in Nirvana
    Being unable to start Nirvana if the quest is taken early
    Trashed quests consuming items from your inventory

Most of these are super easy to fix. What items are missing from this list?

According to the PW staff, this is not a bug/ glitch. They claim the timer just doesn't overwrite the original and it's working perfectly fine. It's an excuse, if you ask me, but what they said is true. Cast a 30 minute buff and try to overwrite it with an hour version. The buff will wear off in 30 minutes, not an hour.
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Crash on entering Trophy Mode is not a bug either as it's a necessary coin sink.

Obviously.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ima tired of rubberbanding. This problem while trying to land or jump on npc's was reported so often and nothing happened. It's annoying especially in PvP when you drop to escape and all of a sudden the falling down repeats itself while the happy sin/bm/barb/seeker whateverclass whoops your ***. The problem when entering RB is also old (one player dc's when entering and can't (force-) login again). If it isn't fixable an info about that would be nice.
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And you need to mention the BB cancel bug. Its where you can't cancel the BB/RB skills with the escape key.
    The problem is that if some objects have "focus" then they don't pass the ESC message properly. Just click on the text area just to the left of the mini-map and then the ESC key will work again. Or you can just click the "X" on the skill/MP bar that pops up when you start those continuous skills.
    I got the do not show checkbox at 21+, but only going through another way. If you go to the encyclopedia and hit rookie guide, it should be there, that's how I did mine.
    Yeah, the checkbox just doesn't show up until level 21. You don't need to bring the window up any special way to see it.

Anyways, I'm hoping the "Coming Soon!: Actual bug fixes!" comment in the patch notes indicates that these kinds of things are going to be a priority soon. This is probably the #1 thing they can do to increase player satisfaction with the company and increase player retention, so I don't see how it's not in their best interests to work on it more seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • deusapvp
    deusapvp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ima tired of rubberbanding. This problem while trying to land or jump on npc's was reported so often and nothing happened. It's annoying especially in PvP when you drop to escape and all of a sudden the falling down repeats itself while the happy sin/bm/barb/seeker whateverclass whoops your ***

Also like to know when this bug will be fixed

Does anyone have any information from administrators about this issue?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    The problem is that if some objects have "focus" then they don't pass the ESC message properly. Just click on the text area just to the left of the mini-map and then the ESC key will work again. Or you can just click the "X" on the skill/MP bar that pops up when you start those continuous skills.

Yeah, the checkbox just doesn't show up until level 21. You don't need to bring the window up any special way to see it.

Anyways, I'm hoping the "Coming Soon!: Actual bug fixes!" comment in the patch notes indicates that these kinds of things are going to be a priority soon. This is probably the #1 thing they can do to increase player satisfaction with the company and increase player retention, so I don't see how it's not in their best interests to work on it more seriously.

For me, Rubberbanding seems to be going away. I can drop from max altitude into water and not rubberband, so... I started playing more, and actually let my Pay to Play MMO subscription lapse. b:victory As long as things get fixed/worked on... I'll keep playing.

Didn't hurt that Minecraft screwed up and the server software is broken stupid bad right now. b:surrender
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Selet - Heavens Tear
    Selet - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    can add that anything the fluffy tailed fox veno's wear glitches for other ppl

on another note its rather breezy down there too b:shy
    I wanted a cookie...but my herc stole them allb:cry
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hey remember that excuse that the developers can't fix bugs because they are busy working on the genesis expansion? Well now that the expand has been released that excuse is no longer valid. Here are the bugs I can think of we want fixed.

Rubberbanding - introduced into normal gameplay since the age of spirits expansion <--Glitch is a direct result of additional instances being added to the original code, fix would be to remove additional instances/regions, not gonna happen
    Cleric magic shell - can't be refreshed <--original code cannot be fixed
    Booted to 1k from rebirth User lag on damage receipt, better computer/internet connection, won't happen
    Charms not properly ticking with high aps User lag on damage receipt, better computer/internet connection, won't happen
    Tideborn skills unable to be purged/purified Intended by design
    Veno air pets getting stuck on the ground Complex of progamming method to differentiate air vs terrain, code for players to overcome this is huge and not applicable in the same way to pets would create huge lag issue for large portion of player population if code was implemented
    Incorrect face/skin color on venos at some distances Blame your video processor
    Getting stuck in the floor after using a teleport skill only happens if the teleport target is flying near a roof or below a floor, just think before porting
    Bosses falling through the floor in Nirvana Would require removal of vertical terrain or complex recoding of base code
    Being unable to start Nirvana if the quest is taken early Used to work fine before they added the item to force nirvana to be 6 man, removal = more dominance by low quantity high power groups
    Gaining buffs from canceled skills Require resequencing of skill/rewriting of each line of skill code for applicable skills
    Trashed quests consuming items from your inventory What quest causes this problem that doesnt' give you the item when you retake it
    Bound/unbound item stacking Doesn't matter, nobody cared but the devs.

Red Text
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    can add that anything the fluffy tailed fox veno's wear glitches for other ppl

on another note its rather breezy down there too b:shy

Or that you still can't change their skin color without editing the .ini files?
    Or that venomancers in general change to having a default skin tone + discolored head whenever a player sees one with the camera far enough away from them?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Rubberbanding - introduced into normal gameplay since the age of spirits expansion <--Glitch is a direct result of additional instances being added to the original code, fix would be to remove additional instances/regions, not gonna happen

You do realize that there hasn't been a new instance introduced.... ever. Right? Warsong and Nirvana are just FB109.
    Tideborn skills unable to be purged/purified Intended by design

Wait what? You mean to tell me they intended for tideborn buffs/debuffs to not be able to be purged/purified? You mean to tell my they decided, "hey, let's make it so these classes are special and can't have their skills purified/purged" Bull****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Wait what? You mean to tell me they intended for tideborn buffs/debuffs to not be able to be purged/purified? You mean to tell my they decided, "hey, let's make it so these classes are special and can't have their skills purified/purged" Bull****.

But that's exactly what they did. Take psy for example, soul buffs can't be purged, but their voodoo buffs can.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ok i can use psychic will removes negative status with 8 sec immune to phy damage(self buff) and bubble of life heal all in party within 15 m it also remove negtive status for all in range and it works ok what is wrong with it.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I very much want these bugs fixed. However, I have a lot of disputes with your "super easy to fix" idea:

Rubberbanding - introduced into normal gameplay since the age of spirits expansion

I think this one was introduced by their implementation of anti-cheat code. And I think, given how fast people can level today, the whole concept of "ban" does not mean much for stopping cheaters unless they have made significant progress into end game. Anyways, if they are going to fix this they will need to change the game's architecture -- this might be the architecture of the anti-cheat code and it might also be that they change the architecture behind the messaging that allowed the wall/jump hacks to work in the first place. So, while I agree this is fixable and I hope that they are going to fix it, I do not see any basis for suggesting that the fix will be easy.

Cleric magic shell - can't be refreshed

I am extremely certain that this one is not a bug. The spell itself is designed to protect against magic, and that seems like sufficient justification for it to protect against being overwritten. I do think they have a problem here, but its not the one you identified. The problem that I see is that the user does not get any feedback that something happened. They should have a "spell failed" sound effect or particle effect (or both) or something like that to communicate to the new user that something happened. But they also seem to have a policy that animations and effects on older parts of the game are not to be touched. Anyways, this one smells like a policy issue, to me.

I think this one is nasty, but I have no perspective on it, so I do not know what is happening, and cannot comment on how hard or easy it would be to fix.

Booted to 1k from rebirth

I suspect I understand what is happening here, and I suspect that this one requires architectural changes to the game, and I suspect that the easy fix would slow down game performance on the server side which would introduce other problems. I could be wrong, of course.

I think this one is, I think, related to the rubber banding problem. In other words, it's related to the messaging architecture of the system. A person could probably make a cheat that ticked their charm immediately upon receiving two "5aps" hits. I imagine that they could also **** this into the code, and do an "estimated early tick" when the average damage rate is high enough. This could be a client side fix, and would also probably annoy some people. They could also do a server side fix, but that would involve extra code to run every time anyone got hit, which would change server side performance (I do not know how much, quite possibly not enough to matter), and require them to touch some code that apparently no one has touched in years. So, maybe they already have a fix for this one and are still trying to isolate a bug they introduced when they changed it.

Tideborn skills unable to be purged/purified

I wish I knew whether they think this is a bug.

I think this one sounds easy, but I do not know that it is easy.

Veno air pets getting stuck on the ground

I would not describe this problem this way. For one thing, you can see exactly the same behavior from celestial clangs. And, I am sure water pets can have the same problems, but its not likely to be seen there. Anyways, probably the best fix is to give air pets the ability to switch to walking and to have them walk when they get stuck like that. Walking means that they can ignore the z axis when they travel. And if they did this right (with a walking speed something like 30% higher than their air speed, to compensate for their "being stuck" time) this could be approximately balanced. But simple? This would not be a simple change since they would need to design and implement the whole switching concept.

Another change, a simpler one, would be to allow air creatures to fly through the ground. I think this would look stupid if done wrong, but they could add a particle effect or a transparency effect (or both) for burrowing air creatures. But I have no idea how easy or hard this would be.

Incorrect face/skin color on venos at some distances

I do not know how this can happen.

Getting stuck in the floor after using a teleport skill

I can think of several "fixes" for this one. But I think that their easy option would raise cries of outrage (they could kill anyone that gets stuck). Another possibility, one that they probably have already implemented, shoots the player up, vertically, to the surface -- and I do not know why this one does not work. Another possibility rubberbands the person back to where they teleported if they cannot be where they have arrived.

Bosses falling through the floor in Nirvana

I think that this one sounds like its a problem in the design of the instance. And, since this is an old map, this probably means they do not have the personnel to make the change. So this one is probably a policy issue.

Being unable to start Nirvana if the quest is taken early

I think that this one sounds like a messaging/architecture problem. But it should be easy to fix. They need to make sure that they are using the same test on quest accept that they are using for quest takable.

I think that this one would require they update every skill, and I suspect that they have written the code in a way that it will not be immediately clear when they have made the change, whether or not they have broken something else.

Trashed quests consuming items from your inventory

I have not imagined anything about this one.

This should bind the stack, or fail to stack, but I do not know how hard this would be.

So, anyways, these are just my impressions, which have to do with my imagination, and I could be wrong. But the short form is: we do not know that any of these problems will be easy to fix. (And, if anyone knows an easy fix, I wish they would tell PWE the details of how to make those fixes be easy.)
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    Or that you still can't change their skin color without editing the .ini files?

I changed my venomancer's skin color just fine with what the game allows. And my skin color is an extremely dark rust color.
    You do realize that there hasn't been a new instance introduced.... ever. Right? Warsong and Nirvana are just FB109.

Warsong I can see, but Nirvana makes no sense to me, seeing as it was released with the Tideborn expansion. does this mean, then, that the fb 119, 129, 139, and 150 are to be located in the Earthguard areas and others that are currently "Upcoming"?
  • truekossy
    edited April 2011
    I changed my venomancer's skin color just fine with what the game allows. And my skin color is an extremely dark rust color.
    You're not a bushy tailed fox veno. Try altering the skin color on one of those and you'll notice that what actually changes is the face, ears, and tail. The actual body, however, will remain the same.
    Warsong I can see, but Nirvana makes no sense to me, seeing as it was released with the Tideborn expansion. does this mean, then, that the fb 119, 129, 139, and 150 are to be located in the Earthguard areas and others that are currently "Upcoming"?
    No. There aren't any FBs past 109 and Nirvana is, in fact, just a redone FB109. This is easily proven by simply having been to FB109 before playing here. On top of that, players used to be able to get into Nirvana directly simply by entering what should have been 109. This has been patched up since then, however.
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    People who cry over anything like rubber banding need to see a brain doctor or need anger management classes.
  • truekossy
    edited April 2011
    People who cry over anything like rubber banding need to see a brain doctor or need anger management classes.
    Lol to me the really big bug is the rubber banding..anything else...what..why not list all the freaking bugs pls because I have yet seen one to irritate me a of yet to even post one or QQ over one.Ill take more content any day than a bug fix for simple rubber banding that you can avoid.
    lolwut
  • FrozenPhire - Lost City
    FrozenPhire - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Warsong was fb109 in heaven, and Nirvana was fb109 located in hell (Both were useless instances for our version seeing that our level cap is 105 and will always be). There are no more fb's after that. Go find a private server to see for yourself.
  • Agatio - Harshlands
    Agatio - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    WTH stop with these threads, devs aren't going to fix anything, nor balance the classes. If they were, they would do it log time ago already. They didn't fix anything. That's why i don't even bother playing here ab:bye