Time to fix bugs!

Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Hey remember that excuse that the developers can't fix bugs because they are busy working on the genesis expansion? Well now that the expand has been released that excuse is no longer valid. Here are the bugs I can think of we want fixed.

Rubberbanding - introduced into normal gameplay since the age of spirits expansion
Cleric magic shell - can't be refreshed
Crash on entering rebirth / trophy mode
Booted to 1k from rebirth
Charms not properly ticking with high aps
Tideborn skills unable to be purged/purified
Use proper level-of-detail model for veno pets
Veno air pets getting stuck on the ground
Incorrect face/skin color on venos at some distances
Getting stuck in the floor after using a teleport skill
Bosses falling through the floor in Nirvana
Being unable to start Nirvana if the quest is taken early
Gaining buffs from canceled skills
Trashed quests consuming items from your inventory
Bound/unbound item stacking

Most of these are super easy to fix. What items are missing from this list?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 on

Comments

• Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You forgot their other excuse.... that there's new devs now that dont' know how the game was made.... rofl
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    They will never fix bugs, ever.

Whenever an expansion is coming up they use the excuse that they're too busy working on that to work on bug fixes.

Whenever there isn't one coming up they always say "We're working on them and there should be bug fixes soon" and then they never come.

I remember I made a post once a few months before the RT expansion asking the same thing. One of the GMs (I believe Kantorek) replied saying that there would be bug fixes with the expansion.

RT came out, and there were all of zero bug fixes.

Our devs just dont find fixing bugs a priority at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wedding quest failing when you DC is also an annoying one.
    Not a bug, but still bothers me, I'd love if they would make the map match whatever resolution you pick to play on. I have to change my resolution to a crappy one every time I go pick up nirvana keys because the tide teleport is cut off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • ryuujitaka
    ryuujitaka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1009592

Go to the bottom of that patch page and read the second to last line under "Coming Soon!".

As you can see.....it says "Actual bug fixes!" O.O

I'm betting it won't come to anything really worthwhile, but I'm hoping they prove me wrong.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Absorb soul does not deal any physical damage.
  • Emmii - Dreamweaver
    Emmii - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I guess it's just one of the things we have to put up with
    I've played alot of free mmo's and there is one thing they have in common
    their players are fed up with unfixed bugs.
    One in particular I know used to be one of the most populair ones
    But they lost ALOT of players over time cause they dont fix anything

Lets just hope for this game's sake the devs wake up a little
    Rockin teh Dreamweaver server.

[Main] Victorique ~ Mystic
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't know if the Mage Def buff was intended to be able to be refreshed, but I know the Crit Buff also cannot be refreshed.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hey remember that excuse that the developers can't fix bugs because they are busy working on the genesis expansion? Well now that the expand has been released that excuse is no longer valid. Here are the bugs I can think of we want fixed.

Rubberbanding - introduced into normal gameplay since the age of spirits expansion

This doesn't JUST apply to magic shell. Let's see... Blazing Arrow for archers... 10 minute buff. Use a stop watch. Cast it, start watch. At 9 minutes, 30 seconds, recast. It will expire 30 seconds later. Though, it doesn't kill the timers on other buffs like Magic Shell does.

Add Genie/random skills being un-triggerable randomly to your list.

Add Lag to your list.

Add No tamable pets in Genesis expansion for venos to your list. :p Maybe I'll un-retire mine if they do...

Nice list so far. :)
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    I don't know if the Mage Def buff was intended to be able to be refreshed, but I know the Crit Buff also cannot be refreshed.
    Doesn't make sense for every other cleric buff to be able to refresh but not mdef buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You know damn well they can't take time to fix bugs. They are too busy working on new cash shop items and the next expansion.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You know damn well they can't take time to fix bugs. They are too busy working on new cash shop items and the next expansion.b:chuckle

The next 'expansion' will be world map expansion, most likely.

Since that isn't as intensive as creating a new race/two new classes... Eh, it's a bunch of college students. We're screwed.

In seriousness... They need to lay off the cash shop items and fix bugs. I'm not spending money on PWI until bugs are fixed. I could care less about what others do, but personally, my money goes to a reputable company and a game that has fewer bugs that are fixed weekly, instead of... Well... I can't think of when PW last fixed a major bug.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Since that isn't as intensive as creating a new race/two new classes... Eh, it's a bunch of college students. We're screwed.

In seriousness... They need to lay off the cash shop items and fix bugs. I'm not spending money on PWI until bugs are fixed. I could care less about what others do, but personally, my money goes to a reputable company and a game that has fewer bugs that are fixed weekly, instead of... Well... I can't think of when PW last fixed a major bug.

Last one I remember is the duke rose bug But I was also gone for a wile too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited March 2011

I've noticed this happening with vanguard recently as well. I'll put hour buffs on a squad, everybody is in range, and somehow one or two people don't receive mag shell and/or vanguard. It's rare, but its VERY, VERY IRRITATING in instances like BH100 3-3 where I might only have time to buff once before turning back to the tank and not having vanguard/mag shell means 1 hit KO for some classes. Please let me know if any other cleric has seen this.

And you need to mention the BB cancel bug. Its where you can't cancel the BB/RB skills with the escape key.

Oh, and the porting issue is happening in Nirvana, Warsong, and SoT as well. Dunno about the other instances those are the only ones I've seen squaddies get ported from.

Theres the marriage quest bug where you can't complete the Hidden Orchard quest because the NPC in the tower won't show up.

And the infamous FB bugs where squad doesn't get any reward from tabbed bosses.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    shhhh Asterelle, I don't want them to get rid of BM glitching b:cry
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • AooAoon - Heavens Tear
    AooAoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Let's not have downs..

It is almost impossible to revive and edit the rotted-code
    Also, I highly doubt Chinese have a neat coding style.
    The comments are prob in Chinese and even so, they might hAve to pay Chinese pw to edit their code.

Bugs are easy to cAtch but impossible to fix at this far.
    There are way too much craps that they made.

Good news is, they prob be able to fix bugs that are found in the genesis.

Bad news is, did the previous code pass QA....
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I remember someone spreading a link about a forum post that said current devs got little to no knowledge about the older code. It makes sense considering that the old devs left the company years ago...
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Dante_A - Heavens Tear
    Dante_A - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The magic shell thing isnt realy a bug.
    Maybe, but not for sure.

Cause there are weapons who cast a lower version of magic shell randomly.

would u realy want to overbuff yourself with a less good skill?

dont think so

yea ofc, i know, it suxx the way it is - but we've learned to live with it

chinese comments in sourcecode? well, even google offers a free translation for it

it is just a little work - but they do get a lot of money from this games. so thats no excuse

the rubberbanding thing isnt a bug, same for charm issue

thats a hardware problem. low connection servers, low hardware for that much players.

rubberbanding happens on high pings - check it out, u will see it. client thinks, u've reached the ground allready, but server response says u didnt = rubberband

same thing for server. since everything is stored and calculated on the servers, to avoid exploides, the server have to calc it - with communication to client. high ping = charm tick failes

u might have seen this when hitting a boss and getting lag for some seconds. u dont see yourself attack anymore, but after lag u attack pretty fast, numbers flying like hell.

i bet some of the other so called "bugs" have their source in the same problem. hardware.

sure, there are some REAL bugs in this game and they realy need to be fixed. like the white plants arround orchid temple. or some mapping failures where u cant walk over and edge cause of missing curve.

but to fix this, PWE should get some real coders and some new serverhardware
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    chinese comments in sourcecode? well, even google offers a free translation for it

That's an assumption. I doubt the source is commented... otherwise they wouldn't have issues fixing problems dealing with being ported out of instances because you take too much damage... 1k, warsong, tournament....

the rubberbanding thing isnt a bug, same for charm issue

thats a hardware problem. low connection servers, low hardware for that much players.

rubberbanding happens on high pings - check it out, u will see it. client thinks, u've reached the ground allready, but server response says u didnt = rubberband

There are several types of rubberbanding. Lag can be caused by any combination of tx/rx/client/server or intermittent packet loss. This visually appears as a single or infrequent stutter.

Try jumping on top of an NPC then try to run or jump off. This is not lag associated rubberbanding and is indeed a bug/glitch and should be corrected. Also this type of rubberbanding can be experienced all over the map, not just from the top of the NPC. This visually appears as stuttering over and over in quick succession. This is a software issue.

same thing for server. since everything is stored and calculated on the servers, to avoid exploides, the server have to calc it - with communication to client. high ping = charm tick failes

u might have seen this when hitting a boss and getting lag for some seconds. u dont see yourself attack anymore, but after lag u attack pretty fast, numbers flying like hell.

Ok, you really have no idea what you're talking about. This is a server side lag issue. It should be corrected. Attacks and damage are calculated server side as is charm usage.

i bet some of the other so called "bugs" have their source in the same problem. hardware.

sure, there are some REAL bugs in this game and they realy need to be fixed. like the white plants arround orchid temple. or some mapping failures where u cant walk over and edge cause of missing curve.

but to fix this, PWE should get some real coders and some new serverhardware

Most of the bugs mentioned here are software related. If you knew anything about client/server interactions as well as how the internet and hardware works, you'd know at least as much as I've mentioned... or you just haven't been paying attention.

b:bye

P.S. PW will not fix these old bugs. It's obvious they do not employ many real 'developers'... mostly a bunch of teenaged artists and renderers. There haven't been any updates to the game engine since RT came out. It was poorly implemented and caused more problems than it was worth, and from what I can tell the new expansion does not use the newer features implemented...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • BlaZinBoy - Heavens Tear
    BlaZinBoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Nothing wrong with the game.

Only stupid thing i hate is the rubberbanding thats about it...but they need to make bh1 give extacy cards only that will help when it gets fixed.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ^^ herpderp
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2011

booted to sanc or cube from ws too ugh i hated that so much

blazinboy reminded me of janus lol maybe an alt?

then again i think he quit finally some time ago xD
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Absorb soul does not deal any physical damage.

Howd you mean? when I'm using it on magic resistance mobs, I tend to get full damage from it, if its the physical def increased mob, its damage tends to be lower, unless I'm missing something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • solerina
    solerina Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Howd you mean? when I'm using it on magic resistance mobs, I tend to get full damage from it, if its the physical def increased mob, its damage tends to be lower, unless I'm missing something.

I don't know exactly what Aubree is referring to but for me, I also use Absorb Soul on increased mag res mobs and it's fine. It had no effect, however, on Kun Kun, whereas Plume Shot does.

Also, Absorb Soul's damage doesn't show in the damage log.
  • ryuujitaka
    ryuujitaka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    solerina wrote: »
    I don't know exactly what Aubree is referring to but for me, I also use Absorb Soul on increased mag res mobs and it's fine. It had no effect, however, on Kun Kun, whereas Plume Shot does.

Also, Absorb Soul's damage doesn't show in the damage log.

I've noticed the same things. Maybe Absorb Soul doesn't do "damage" at all. Maybe it just I dunno....absorbs their soul! I also noticed that many times, when I kill a mob with Absorb Soul, they don't die, at least not in the regular way. They just disappear without going through a death animation. Anyway, I kind of like it not showing. It means that later, if I happen to one shot someone with it, they can look at their damage log and see "killed by MyName", without any damage being recorded. Then I can laugh as they puzzle over how I killed them without touching them.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Should add guild protections not working in tournament to the list. If you AOE an enemy in tourny and your guildies are nearby, even if you have guild protection on, they still take damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Dont you remember when they fixed rubberbanding on that one tiny beach in the tb lands? yea that was really freaking helpful!

/sarcasm -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Should add guild protections not working in tournament to the list. If you AOE an enemy in tourny and your guildies are nearby, even if you have guild protection on, they still take damage.

this is true of DT as well. not that dying in DT matters as much as dying in Tourny tho ><
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011

This is somewhat true. They work, just not if you're blue named. They work for people in PK mode, PK protections seem to be disabled in blue name.

When my faction mates are blue named, their AoEs hit me, my AoEs don't.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I guess it's just one of the things we have to put up with
    I've played alot of free mmo's and there is one thing they have in common
    their players are fed up with unfixed bugs.
    One in particular I know used to be one of the most populair ones
    But they lost ALOT of players over time cause they dont fix anything

Lets just hope for this game's sake the devs wake up a little

I hurt my eyes trying to read your post. b:scorn b:mischievous

But on topic, I'd be happy if they'd just fix the rubberbanding. That has got to be the most annoying glitch in PWI.
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The magic shell thing isnt realy a bug.
    Maybe, but not for sure.

Cause there are weapons who cast a lower version of magic shell randomly.

would u realy want to overbuff yourself with a less good skill?

dont think so

yea ofc, i know, it suxx the way it is - but we've learned to live with it
    Glad that you said this. I find it annoying, but, we don't have another mdef buff, unlike pdef buff. It would make a mess because of this.
    On the other hand, alpha male + bramble guard or HP/MP regen buffs ...
    But they didn't add any new tamable pets b:sad