Which skills do you find are worth it?

Options
XLindsayx - Dreamweaver
XLindsayx - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
I was just wondering, which skills do you find are really worth buying / not buying? What do you use most or find most useful / un-useful? b:thanks
Post edited by XLindsayx - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I was just wondering, which skills do you find are really worth buying / not buying? What do you use most or find most useful / un-useful? b:thanks

Good question. Personally I haven't leveled 2 skills so far. Swirling Mist cause I'm not a big fan of dots, I didn't really thought hat much over it's usefulness, would be nice if others can share their opinions. And Punishing Sting, cause you got other plant-summons which i think are more useful than a pure dd one. I guess it could be used for dps but meh.

And useful skills? Well just about everything else lol. At least so far.
  • SolRei - Harshlands
    SolRei - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    well so far I've gotten to level 20 and I find absorb soul to be an absolute mind ****. The long chant is well worth the power simply because you can end battles with just that spell and your summon.

That said however the long chant time is not worth it in pvps. Though the power is admirable I honostly cant think of a time to use it against a living player who could see it a mile away and react quickly against it. In territory wars this spell might be useful as with all the chaos you could find time to use the spell.
  • TheVelvetOne - Lost City
    TheVelvetOne - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Some of the first skills:

1. Nature's Vengeance - of course it needs to be maxed ASAP, basic and main skill. It's also nice it can be leveled every 4 levels, not every 5 as other starter skills.

2. Break in the Clouds - I guess it's useful, but not really need to hurry with it at lower lvls...

3. Swirling Mist - not really good DoT. I'm leaving it at level 1.

4. Devil Chihyu - I think it should be maxed ASAP, great tanking pet with nice skills, also great against magic classes.

5. Heal Summon - Level it, if u don't have problems with spirit

6. Falling Petals - I left it at level 1, maybe I'll level it up in the future

7. Verdant Shell - not really useful at lower lvls

8. Punishing Sting - I guess it's nice, but not ASAP skill

9. Befuddling Creeper - I prefer the PS, at least to PvE

10. Lysing - Yea, that's a great skill. But it seems to be as useful on level 1, as on later ones.

11. Transference - Interesting skill, but level 1 will do for now, I think.

12. Absorb Soul - now this one has some long channel time, but:
    a) in PvE - pet does the tanking, so u have the time. Or u can use it as an opening skill
    b) in PvP - it's a bit too long for PvP, but still, it pwns Physical Classes! (especially when used after NV)

13. Resurrect - Oh Yeah, that's a nice one! What a pity it costs so much mana...

P.S. Give us Earthguard avatars!
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    For those who can't seem to put 2 and 2 together:

Once you get Devil Chihyu to level 10, the stun lasts for 5 seconds.

And how long is the channeling on Absorb Soul?

Ijs, it could be easier to get it out in PvP than you think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    For those who can't seem to put 2 and 2 together:

Once you get Devil Chihyu to level 10, the stun lasts for 5 seconds.

And how long is the channeling on Absorb Soul?

Ijs, it could be easier to get it out in PvP than you think.

Absorb Soul, 5 second channel. My summon kills the mob before I get it off. But when I do, it does some pretty nasty damage (heaven forbid if you were able to crit with it).

I have to play around with Swirling Mist a little more. Either I'm just killing too fast or something, but I can't see this effect very well.

I love Verdant Shell. It's a 30-minute buff to wood, water (not sure why water, but I digress) and PHYS resistance. It's not as useful in lower levels because gear just sucks monkeys, but I can see this being very useful in the future. And yes, while we have the summons, things still hit mystics (namely things that kill the secondary summon).

Out of the secondary summons, I'm a bit disappointed in Spidervine. The slow is the only redeeming quality, and even that's not a definite thing. Befuddling Creeper's gonna be very useful in higher levels I think.

And the res skill, super useful, but ****, wth @ the mana cost. It ticks my mp charm every time I use it. b:surrender

Personally, I hope it doesn't take a year to get demon/sage skills for the mystic. That will play a huge role in how I cultivate mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Kyreah - Raging Tide
    Kyreah - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I've been focusing on raising the summon levels, as well as Nature's Vengeance, Heal Summon, Break in the Clouds, Absorb Soul, and the buff that increases pdef (very useful imo).

I've put a few levels in some of the temporary plant summons, but I'm waiting to really focus on those until I have more SP to waste. Punishing Sting does help quite a bit with minibosses, though. Not really worth using for normal mobs, from what i've seen. They just die too fast.
    xx LinneaSage - Level 66 Arcane Veno - {Retired}
    xx Ephemera - Level 46 Mystic - {Main}
    xx Kyreah - Level 29 Cleric
    xx Linneah - Level 24 HA Fox Veno
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Absorb Soul, 5 second channel.

Sorry, but that was a rhetorical question to show people that the Devil Chihyu stuns for the same amount of time that it takes to channel Absorb Soul, meaning it would actually be pretty easy to get out in PvP situations.

Sorry for confusing you. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • MrSnipe - Raging Tide
    MrSnipe - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    At 49 u get a skill that reduces channeling time by 20% and increases attack which makes skills like absorb soul faster to cast. I wonder if mystics can get 99% channeling b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a sniping CAT! b:shocked
    Run for your lives!
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    At 49 u get a skill that reduces channeling time by 20% and increases attack which makes skills like absorb soul faster to cast. I wonder if mystics can get 99% channeling b:shocked

No one can. Channel is capped at 90%.
  • MrSnipe - Raging Tide
    MrSnipe - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No one can. Channel is capped at 90%.

Im bad at magic classes b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a sniping CAT! b:shocked
    Run for your lives!
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sorry, but that was a rhetorical question to show people that the Devil Chihyu stuns for the same amount of time that it takes to channel Absorb Soul, meaning it would actually be pretty easy to get out in PvP situations.

Sorry for confusing you. b:surrender

Grr, stupid rhetorical questions! b:cryb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Make sure to get bramble tornado. Long range + knockback makes you untouchable even by magic user. Works in pvp too.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Xremos - Heavens Tear
    Xremos - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Guys, between Break in the Clouds and Falling Petals, which one is more useful to level?
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Guys, between Break in the Clouds and Falling Petals, which one is more useful to level?

break in the clouds imo since its a instant heal rather then having to wait 9 seconds.

also the main skill i found completly useless for mystics is swirling mist. mobs die way to fast and on bigger bosses/mini bosses the dmg is insignificant. all the other skills are pretty useful tho and should be lvled according to how much spare spirt and coin u have. there are ones that take more priority over others, but pretty much all of mystics skills with the exception of swirling mist is usefull.
  • kaskae
    kaskae Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    From my experience, I just leveled my Mystic to level 25 in one day [ damn, that class is addicting... ] and here's my input on the skills.
    Note: The ones highlighted green are the ones I find important and that you should max ASAP.

Natures Vengeance - Awesome skill. Your main damage skill because it's spammable and has a nice damage output. Max it as soon as you can.

Swirling Mist - Rather useless DoT skill ... I don't suggest leveling this. Leave it at level 1.

Absorb Soul - Long casting time, amazing damage. Level it if you can spare the spirit. Very useful with tank pet in PvE, kind of useless in PvP.

Break in the Clouds - I find this skill very useful. I max it as soon as possible, and suggest you to do the same; it's spammable and a pretty nice heal.

Falling Petals - This skill is so useless, don't even level it beyond level 1. Bad healing power and bad way of healing.

Ressurect - Seeing as how you're also a support class, level this as soon as possible, or as soon as you can. This is going to be so useful in FB's, BH's and FC.

Devil Chihyu - Max it. Amazing tank pet. Enough said.

Storm Mistress
    - I haven't really used her much yet, so I'm not too sure. She has decent skills and an AOE, so level as you see fit.

Heal Summon - I max this as soon as possible. Very important when using your pets and can save your life so many times.

Transference - Get it, but leave it at level 1. Important to use before tanking or fighting large groups of mobs. Also important to use for Storm Mistress, seeing as she's a magic summon.

Punishing Sting - Useful if you want to turtle. Decent damage, but it's not recommended. I'm leaving it at level 1 for now. Level it if you have the extra spirit.

Befuddling Creeper - Um... I prefer Punishing Sting over this summon, so only level if you have the extra spirit.

Spidervine - Just as useful as Befuddling Creeper. Just get level 1, or level if you have the extra spirit.

Verdant Shell - Max it as soon as possible. Awesome skill for surviving many things.

Lysing - Somewhat useful if you like to use Befuddling Creeper. I'm leaving both at level 1, but level if you have the extra spirit... although I don't suggest to.
  • Echolight - Dreamweaver
    Echolight - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    storm mistress really helped me alot in killing mobs faster...
    yet the mp usage and the constant transferance spell i always have to use drains my mp like crazy!

in my opinion... this spirit is very useful but you need an mp charm if you want to grind nonstop with it

my mp charm went from 525,000 to 480,000 in 2 days b:shocked
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I got storm mistress today, and it's too squishy to be a tank pet so I'm sticking with the devil for questing. I think mistress would be good for bhs where a barb is tanking or something since it's just too squishy, lol.
    I use swirling mist since it doesn't hit as hard and my summon gets aggro easier if it hit the mob with that first. The res buff is awesome, I just meditate after I use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Kyreah - Raging Tide
    Kyreah - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Storm Mistress is a good ranged tank for ranged mobs, but past that the first summon is much better and does more damage faster. I pretty much use Storm Mistress just for mobs that kite, but I imagine her aoe would be useful for grinding with the right mobs and gear.

I got the third summon today, Salvation, and she has two very nice skills. The absorb skill that also increases your defense is pretty amazing. I can kill mobs myself without taking any damage with that buff on b:cute ; I just hope it scales well. I haven't tested the second skill yet, where she takes damage for you, but it sounds like it would be handy for accidental aggro in groups ^^. Not to mention the fact that you can cast the buffs on other people b:victory. It's a nice support pet--but really only support. It can't damage a fly to save its life. I'll probably focus on leveling her and the tank summon first, though. The buffs are just too useful in the right situation.
    xx LinneaSage - Level 66 Arcane Veno - {Retired}
    xx Ephemera - Level 46 Mystic - {Main}
    xx Kyreah - Level 29 Cleric
    xx Linneah - Level 24 HA Fox Veno
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nature's Vengenance: Upgrade it just for the range.

Swirling Mist: DoT, no thank

Absorb Soul: Alway stuck at 200% damage, no need to worry about it for now.

Gale Force: Yes, this skill is quite important, AoE silence and freeze.

Bramble Tornado: Upgrade it since you are going to play pool in TWb:chuckle

Thicket: leave it alone for now, it stay at 12x damage, thats where most damage come from.

Breaks in Cloud: lvl it, this is the one of the reasons why Mystic will survive in PvP.

Falling Petals: let not bother heal over time, leave that to ironheart.

Resurrect: yeah, lvl it, alway useful.

Comforting Mist: stay at lvl one for now, upgrade it if you get extra sp and coin

For summon, except the Devil Chihyu, leave other at lvl1. There is no need to lvl Storm Mistress until higher lvl when you want to use it for magic damage increase buff. Salvation will just drain all your mp, don't bother it. Cragglord, no need, even for sage/demon.

Heal Summon: max it, or else your summon can die really easy at higher lvl due to low def.

Transference: If you think you use summon's skill a lot, max it. If not, leave it until you get to higher lvl.

Energy Leech: I don't think you will want to kill your summon just for the buff....

Plant summons: just lvl when you get extra sp and coin, not much important.

Verdant Shell: like other classes, alway max buff

Lysing: Leave it lvl 1 for now, all you increase is just range

Wood Mastery: Not a new skill, everyone should know what to do with them

Rapid Growth: Good cooldown. Semi-spamable. Nice buff for damage increase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think Falling Petals is not that useless.
    At low levels it is, I agree. Level one, especially, does nothing but I believe it gets better.

It has saved me a couple of times while being attacked by many mobs (still experimenting with my summons and traps). It's nice to have something that is healing you over time while you try to spam Breaks in the Cloud. I think it will also help the tank at surviving as well as the Cleric at healing. You don't have to spam it.

These are just my thoughts though. I could be wrong and I have to see how the healing summons will work but I see some potential in Falling Petals...
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • LadyBats - Archosaur
    LadyBats - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Max level falling petals heals for as much as iron heart , it just isnt stackable, but who would say no to a free iron heart...i would max it

Also im too lazy to go back and quote it but did someone say that mystic knock-back works in pvp ? Whats ****ing insane if so , all other knock-backs do nothing
  • Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if you put falling petals on puller in FC, how does it work?

from what i read from skill description, i think it heals WAY WAY WAY more than IH.
    Assuming it is activated on every single hits.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Also im too lazy to go back and quote it but did someone say that mystic knock-back works in pvp ? Whats ****ing insane if so , all other knock-backs do nothing

Lol that'd be pretty cool but I sincerely doubt it. Makes no sense for only the mystic's knockbacks to work and others not.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That sounds like something PW would do, though.

Remember how you cannot purge the tideborn self-buffs? Normally they should be purgable but they never were nor did they change that later. The knock back, if rumors are true, works and won't be changed.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if you put falling petals on puller in FC, how does it work?

from what i read from skill description, i think it heals WAY WAY WAY more than IH.
    Assuming it is activated on every single hits.

It doesn't activate on every hits. Only at the first hit, it heals 9 seconds and then the buff disappears and you have to rebuff.
    That sounds like something PW would do, though.

Remember how you cannot purge the tideborn self-buffs? Normally they should be purgable but they never were nor did they change that later. The knock back, if rumors are true, works and won't be changed.

Ha true true. Well I guess I'll see when i reach 49 unless any other 49+ mystic can confirm/deny it?

EDIT: Ha. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1015181

Whaddya know you were right ^_^;
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It doesn't activate on every hits. Only at the first hit, it heals 9 seconds and then the buff disappears and you have to rebuff.

Still, seeing as IH you can only stack before the tank runs in, and doesn't activate upon being hit, cast this on the tank running into FF and at least he gets a bit more of a health bump up when he first gets hit. Nice little aid to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • kknboy
    kknboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think that absorb soul is being underestimated. Although it can not crit it can do roughly the same amount of damage as the wizard skill blade tempest when you compare only the physical damage part(not saying it does more damage than BT in general because BT does both magic/phys). Using it after natures vengeance it does 250% + 4540. Im not sure if it includes base damage or whether the description is for weapon damage. All it says is

"Deals Physical Damage equal to 125% of your Magic
    Damage plus 2270 to players." at level ten. (taken from ecatomb)

Anyways i can see it being cast on players quite easily . You can use it after the pets stun which last 5 seconds, the sleeping plant that last 6 seconds or 13 second sleep if lysed and possibly you can cast it after using the mystics ult thicket which has a chance to seal/freeze (but im unsure to how long it lasts). It should be a very useful skill against arcanes.

The one mystic skill which i think stands out and am unsure of whether or not to level is energy leech. Can someone confirm the cooldown on that skill and if it increases with each level? If used with a level ten chiyu it gives 100% extra pdef and 25% CRIT for 20 seconds. It gives a higher and longer lasting crit bonus than the psychics demon skill tide spirit. The wiz skill sage bids can give +30% crit for ten seconds. When compared energy leech gives 5% less crit but last twice as long. It also gives stun immunity. Only thing is... its long cooldown. Not saying its any better than these mentioned skills, but for a non demon/sage skill its really good. Should i level it to level ten for an extra 2.7 second stun immunity or leave it at level 1 to save an extra 126 seconds on the cooldown. o.o

*all info above is subject to change. i don't trust ecatomb fully for the info on the mystic skills just yet b:thanks
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Still, seeing as IH you can only stack before the tank runs in, and doesn't activate upon being hit, cast this on the tank running into FF and at least he gets a bit more of a health bump up when he first gets hit. Nice little aid to help.

I would rather to use breaks in the clouds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would rather to use breaks in the clouds.

But then you'd get aggro. He's talking about pulls, before tank gets aggro (least that's what I understood).
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    But then you'd get aggro. He's talking about pulls, before tank gets aggro (least that's what I understood).

There is also the possibility of getting hit while pulling.