How to get Runecrafting. (Posting it here for general knowledge)

Options
2»

Comments

• Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If I counted correctly, there are 145 quests available in the Divine Emissary of the Void's Divine Contracts list. Of these, 26 offer Divine Honor (Void) Awards (some of them multiple times).

If the odds are even for all quests, there is a 1 in 5.6 chance that a quest will be a Honor quest. With 5 quests given each day, that means the odds are:

- 0 Honor Quests : 37.23% of days : 1 in 2.7 days
    - 1 Honor Quests : 40.67% of days : 1 in 2.5 days
    - 2 Honor Quests : 17.77% of days : 1 in 5.6 days
    - 3 Honor Quests : 3.88% of days : 1 in 26 days
    - 4 Honor Quests : 0.42% of days : 1 in 236 days
    - 5 Honor Quests : 0.02% of days : 1 in 5,395 days

[Note: I have assumed all quests are equally likely to appear and that all quests provide 0 or 1 honors. The first assumption might be true, but the second one is not, so some of this will be off from the actual values. Hopefully the relative trend will be close.]

This all means that ON AVERAGE you should get a bit less than one (.9) Void Honors each day, with some days getting 2+ but more days getting 0.

In essence, "day" = "refresh" however if the goal is to stack Honors, using one honor to get .9 honors seems counter productive. Of course, there is that tiny bit of extra EXP. [NOTE: at the moment, there is no way to convert a Void Honor into a Void Seal, which is required to refresh the daily contracts list.]

Hopefully this explains why the quests that award Honors do not show up every day.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • King_Daniel_ - Lost City
    King_Daniel_ - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ya i gathered enuf honor of the shadow things to trade for a wepon but it doesnt let me trade i can only trade em for rune crafting b:surrender
  • JigokuHibana - Sanctuary
    JigokuHibana - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lvl 20-50
    Go to General Summer for the Divine __ of the Light
    The item doesn't have a time limit.
    Go to the corresponding lady to the right of General Summer.
    Go into the Divine Contrates. The Quest you are looking for are purple quests.
    The Monster(s?) are boss type so you will need a higher level member to help you with the quests.
    Lvl 20-50 quest rewards is Divine Honar of the light.
    Items you may obtain are a few Mold Weapons and some nice HP/MP Pots.

60-? (need to check)
    Go to the Head Hunter and acquire BHI.
    Finish and return it for Divine__ of the Shadow.
    The item itself has a 2 hr limit.
    Go to the corresponding lady and go into Divine Contrates.
    Same as before you are looking for the purple quests.
    Lvl60-? quest reward is the Divine Honar of the Shadow
    Items you may obtain are better mold weapons and nice HP/MP Pots. But not only that my friends. Scoring two of these Divine Honar of the Shadow unlocks Runecrafting lvl 1.

Void happens to be the best of the molds, Pots and higher level Runecrafting skills.

*The Blanks are due to I am pretty sure there called something different but not 100% sure atm. You should get the basic idea if you speak english well ._. I am sorry if it may be lost in translation. ^ ^;

No, cant be for 60+. my psychic s lvl 60, and the blue quest only gives me "Divine Honor of Light" at the npc, it says you need a "divine honor or the void" to get a "divine honor of the shadow" and 2 of the "divine honor of the shadows" gets you runecrafting Lv.1
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ya i gathered enuf honor of the shadow things to trade for a wepon but it doesnt let me trade i can only trade em for rune crafting b:surrender

Just a thought, but did you DRAG the Honors ONTO the icons in the crafting window? It is not like other crafting ... in this one you have to put each item onto the crafting window, like you do with skill books in 1k Streams.

If that still doesn't work, let us know! I have not built a weapon yet, but I have my eye on one *smile*.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Cleaned up and amended Keliska's post:

Lvl 20-50
    Go to General Summer for the Divine Order of the Light.
    The item doesn't have a time limit.
    Go to the Divine Emissary of the Light to the right of General Summer.
    Go into the Divine Contracts. Two quests will be offered per day (list may be refreshed with a Divine Seal of the Light up to 3 times per day.) The Quests you are looking for are purple quests.
    The Monster(s?) are boss type so you may need a higher level member to help you with the quests.
    Level 20-50 quest rewards is Divine Honor of the light.
    Items you may obtain are a few Mold Weapons and some nice HP/MP Pots.

51-80
    Finish and return it for Divine Order of the Shadow*.
    Go to the Divine Emissary of the Shadow within the time limit and go into Divine Contracts. Three quests will be offered per day (refreshable up to 3 times per day using Divine Seals of the Shadow.)
    Level 51-80 purple quest reward is the Divine Honor of the Shadow (blue quests give Divine Honors of the Light)
    Items you may obtain are better mold weapons and nice HP/MP Pots. But not only that my friends. Scoring two of these Divine Honors of the Shadow unlocks Runecrafting lvl 1. You can also use Shadow honors to get better HP pots.

81+
    Finish and return it for Divine Order of the Void*.
    Go to the Divine Emissary of the Void within the time limit and go into Divine Contracts. Five quests will be offered per day (refreshable up to 3 times per day using Divine Seals of the Void.)
    Level 91+ purple quest reward is the Divine Honor of the Void. You can also get Divine Honors of the Shadow from blue quests and 81-90 purple quests.
    Void gives access to the best of the molds, Pots and higher level Runecrafting skills.

* The Divine Orders of the Shadow and Void may also be obtained at faction bases for contribution and coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hmm to poster above..

I didn't do quests in the level 50-80 range and was able to learn runecrafting with the divine orders I got as reward from blue quest in the lvl 80+ list (Void ones, not shadow ones).
  • Tamerlayn - Sanctuary
    Tamerlayn - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Have maxed out runecrafting 3, have runecrafting 4 book, but none of the elders will train runecrafting 4 skill. Got the book from a highlevel friend, as I cant yet get the right orders for the book. Do I need to be a specific level, or what?
  • daphill
    daphill Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i only am getting the Shadow's i can't get the voids for somereason so i can't get the lvl 4 book
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Purple divine contracts for level 91+ give divine honors of the void (blue divine contracts for 101+ will also give divine honors of the void.) Below that level you can't get the void honors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Pawnall - Archosaur
    Pawnall - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The skill books for each level must be obtained by exchanging a certain number of Divine Honors for them at the Divine Emissary of the Shadow. The level 1 skill book requires 2 Divine Honors of the Shadow; higher level skill books require more Divine Honors of the Shadow or Void. These Divine Honors are awarded from some of the quests given by the Divine Emissaries, which quests can only be obtained while possessing the corresponding Divine Order. The Divine Orders are quest rewards for the Bounty Hunter I quests, or can be purchased in Faction Bases in exchange for faction contribution and coin. Divine Honors of the Shadow can also be manufactured from Divine Honors of the Void at the Divine Emissary of the Shadow.
  • Yysha - Sanctuary
    Yysha - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    this still doesn't help............
  • sinneblom
    sinneblom Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hey just look at

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Runecrafting

and they explain how to do the runecrafting.

Have fun and be nice ^^
  • puppybasket369
    puppybasket369 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I just did a bh and got a divine order of shadow but the only quests i get are to kill mobs for exp there isnt anything about rune crafting :/