How to get Runecrafting. (Posting it here for general knowledge)

Options
Kiitaro - Sanctuary
Kiitaro - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
edited April 2012 in The Crafting Nook
Step 1: Get to BH (Bounty Hunter) level.

Step 2: Complete the BH (stage 1) quest. You'll receive a "Divine Order of the Shadow" as a reward.

Step 3: Go to South Archosaur near General Summer and speak to "Divine Emissary of the Shadow". (These NPCs are in all major cities).
d87d0.jpg

And the rest is self-explanatory. This isn't much, but at least people will know how to get the Runecrafting skill. The NPC to craft the runes, however, is the Divine Emissary of the Light (who is usually next to the Shadow NPC.)
5462ci.jpg

Hope this helps.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kiitaro - Sanctuary on

Comments

• grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Could someone confirm that this is the way ?
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    <-- confirms it
    would this face lie to you grimmy? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I heard lvl 100+ get divine something of light.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Lucretius - Dreamweaver
    Lucretius - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When you say the rest is self explanatory it really isn't or I'm missing something here...
    I completed the 5 or so normal quest after doing the BH from the NPC but from there no idea what to do to acquire the necessary items for the rune crafting.
    The 2hour limit item from the BH allows you to talk to the NPC and do the quests, but the rewards are simply exp and spirit.
    Do you need access to a guild base to continue with runecrafting?
  • danaya123
    danaya123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I got 1 blue named quest from emissary wich give me 1 Divine Honor of the shadow as reward,and you need 2 to
    get Runecrafting skill lvl 1,hope this help
    You can refresh the quests,but still dunno where to get the item needed for that.
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i got the order of the void, did every quest the guy has and still nothing, im not sure what im doing wrong
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Moving this to The Crafting Nook, will be stickied once confirmed.
  • Carstiana - Raging Tide
    Carstiana - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Step 1: Get to BH (Bounty Hunter) level.

Step 2: Complete the BH (stage 1) quest. You'll receive a "Divine Order of the Shadow" as a reward.

Step 3: Go to South Archosaur near General Summer and speak to "Divine Emissary of the Shadow". (These NPCs are in all major cities).

Do you have to be any of the new classes for runecrafting? I am asking, because I am a Cleric, level 100 (so I meet Step 1), I went to Bounty Hunter, and there are no quests there for me, so that's where I was forced to stop.
  • EilagaSanat - Sanctuary
    EilagaSanat - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You need to complete BH, but the stacked ones you could have doesn't count. I got a BH after the update, and in the rewards section, there this "Divine Order of the Shadow". Haven't got it yet tho.

The text is as follows:

A clay tablet that seems to absorb light.
    Find the Divine Emissary of the Shadow to fulfill your destiny.
    The Divine Emissary of the Shadow can be found near General Summer in Archosaur.
    Requisite Level: Lv51 to Lv80.

It reads: "You are a blade in the darkness."
    Trying to improve my english everyday... b:victory
  • Lucretius - Dreamweaver
    Lucretius - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Is there anyone who's doing BH100 and is NOT having problems with the runecrafting. I get the normal quests but nothing of a blue quest as some have mentioned.
    The item that I received from the BH100 is Divine Order of the Void along with the Divine contract quests 5 of them I believe.
  • PrettySin - Dreamweaver
    PrettySin - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I didn't get any blue quest so I couldn't get an honour thingy either, but a friend of mine did and after completing quest got something that you trade at second npc (misc tab) for the 2 shadow you need to get level 1 runecrafting (from the same npc). Sorry I forgot exact names but you will know it when you get it lol. So I guess we need to wait to get a blue quest. I don't know how to refresh the quest list, so I wait till tomorow to see if I'm lucky. In case they refresh... b:sad
  • MaIakai - Heavens Tear
    MaIakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I got Divine order of the void, Lvl 100

Did all the quest, All i got was EXP.

Cant do anything else.
  • Atone - Lost City
    Atone - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I got Divine order of the void, Lvl 100

Did all the quest, All i got was EXP.

Cant do anything else.

Are those quests timed? The Divine order of the void says 2 hour limit. Do all those quests need to be done within that 2 hour limit?
  • Vuin - Heavens Tear
    Vuin - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This is not self explanatory, I did all of that. And nothing. What else can I do?...........
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah people have been telling me the blue quest is what you need but you won't always get the blue one apparently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yea, I heared about the blue quest thing, but all i got was the 5 quests. After complition i got exp and spirit i believe. NOTHING else////
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    People...it's not that hard to understand :

1. Get a BH 1 (no 2 or 3) quest. You get a Divine order. (in my case a Divine order of the void)

2. talk to the corresponding NPC. ACCEPT all the quests in the list.

3. look at the quest REWARD. IF it says Divine blah blah blah...you need to do those

4. SAVE UP those rewards till you have enough of them to get the skillbook.

5. talk to the ELDER to lear the skill.

You can only get the Divine orders from a BH 1 and they are TIMED : 2 hrs.So whatever you do , do the quest for the reward FIRST. The rest is just for exp/sp.

P.S. : the rewards are NOT tradable.
  • Arlenia - Dreamweaver
    Arlenia - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    People...it's not that hard to understand :

1. Get a BH 1 (no 2 or 3) quest. You get a Divine order. (in my case a Divine order of the void)

2. talk to the corresponding NPC. ACCEPT all the quests in the list.

3. look at the quest REWARD. IF it says Divine blah blah blah...you need to do those

4. SAVE UP those rewards till you have enough of them to get the skillbook.

5. talk to the ELDER to lear the skill.

You can only get the Divine orders from a BH 1 and they are TIMED : 2 hrs.So whatever you do , do the quest for the reward FIRST. The rest is just for exp/sp.

P.S. : the rewards are NOT tradable.

The problem is with point number 3. I accepted all 5 quests. The rewards for each and every one of those quests was 37125 exp and 8465 spirit. That is it. Nothing else. At all. So are the rewards random and you only have a certain % chance to be offered the runecrafting reward? If so, could anyone estimate what that % is?
  • buttercupcruella
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The problem is with point number 3. I accepted all 5 quests. The rewards for each and every one of those quests was 37125 exp and 8465 spirit. That is it. Nothing else. At all. So are the rewards random and you only have a certain % chance to be offered the runecrafting reward? If so, could anyone estimate what that % is?

^This.

Done bh 1 and the related 5 quests yesterday AND today.

Yesterday I did it after the 2 hour limit, today I did it within the time limit. At both times the reward was supposed to be and was only exp and spirit.

I'm stacking bhs. You think it only works if the bh 1 is 'fresh'? Meaning you get it today, you do it today, you turn it in today, blah blah blah?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sazzora - Harshlands
    Sazzora - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I turned in a old bh1 and got the blue quest, so i assume it's random.
    I used the item to make pots instead of rune crafting skill tho ^^
  • Muie - Lost City
    Muie - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What does the blue quest ask you to do? And what's the quest's name?
  • Sazzora - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I turned in a old bh1 and got the blue quest, so i assume it's random.

I also came to this conclusion. Seems the 5 quests you can get are random, after comparing with friends of same lvl. I was lucky I suppose, I got 2 order of void, so could make runecrafting book and still got 1 left for pots :P
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They took that System from Heroes of the tree Kingdoms. Npc offers daily 5 Quest and at a small chance you get a blue one (in hotk was blue semi rare and pink rare dunno about here). The Item to refresh the Quest list is a Cash Shop Item in Hotk so i assume you will see it here in Cash Shop too. So it takes luck , or patience or soon cash to get your hands on runecrafting.
    I hate Room 38
  • buttercupcruella
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They took that System from Heroes of the tree Kingdoms. Npc offers daily 5 Quest and at a small chance you get a blue one (in hotk was blue semi rare and pink rare dunno about here). The Item to refresh the Quest list is a Cash Shop Item in Hotk so i assume you will see it here in Cash Shop too. So it takes luck , or patience or

soon cash to get your hands on runecrafting.

^Greeeeeeeeeat.

NOW it al makes sense. This is the most helpful post in the whole thread. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sig1043a
    sig1043a Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yep, its random. I was wondering what that refresh thing was. I didn't get a blue quest yesterday, but I got one today.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2w5k1dx.jpg
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Refresh seems to be the last unknown. Tomorrow I'm going to try this:

Get Order
    Pick up Quest Set
    Complete all quests
    Turn in all quests
    Then try the refresh option

I dont think you have to complete the quests before the timer runs out, unless you want to grab another set.

I see it is possible to get another order from the guild base for the current day.
  • Sazzora - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You need a seal of void/shadow/light for the refresh thing i think.
    But seems only seal of shadow/light is available for now.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hit the " ? " in the menue where you can accept Quests. There is a really good explaination and it also says the Void Quest Refresh order is Cash Shop only.
    I hate Room 38
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lvl 20-50
    Go to General Summer for the Divine __ of the Light
    The item doesn't have a time limit.
    Go to the corresponding lady to the right of General Summer.
    Go into the Divine Contrates. The Quest you are looking for are purple quests.
    The Monster(s?) are boss type so you will need a higher level member to help you with the quests.
    Lvl 20-50 quest rewards is Divine Honar of the light.
    Items you may obtain are a few Mold Weapons and some nice HP/MP Pots.

60-? (need to check)
    Go to the Head Hunter and acquire BHI.
    Finish and return it for Divine__ of the Shadow.
    The item itself has a 2 hr limit.
    Go to the corresponding lady and go into Divine Contrates.
    Same as before you are looking for the purple quests.
    Lvl60-? quest reward is the Divine Honar of the Shadow
    Items you may obtain are better mold weapons and nice HP/MP Pots. But not only that my friends. Scoring two of these Divine Honar of the Shadow unlocks Runecrafting lvl 1.

Void happens to be the best of the molds, Pots and higher level Runecrafting skills.

*The Blanks are due to I am pretty sure there called something different but not 100% sure atm. You should get the basic idea if you speak english well ._. I am sorry if it may be lost in translation. ^ ^;
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96