A more logical solution to 5APS

124»

Comments

• RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Eh I wouldn't put it passed them to come up with something even more OP.

Rank 9 wasn't even meant for level 101 to begin with, it was for 150. But something tells me they wont raise the level cap and people here are far too lazy to work for those kind of levels as it is. What with power leveling and ****.

I don't know if I could suggest anything about the APS thing, as yes it does bother me. It made my classes pretty obsolete. Even my cleric. I've seen squads run without a healer due to their very powerful gear along with the help of bloodpaint. Perhaps if they limited bloodpaint only to sins or on the flipside, added it to affect casters somehow, that could balance that in a way. But the 5 aps thing will always be here. And people will always be demanding it. So I don't see how there'd ever really be a solution to that other than people being more generous to eachother. Let's face it, it's our own fault that 5 aps is the only demand for end-game instances like Nirvana. Everyone wants instant gratification. The faster you kill ****, the more drops you get and the more money you make. Unfortunately that limits squads to only a few choice classes which leaves some of us out completely.

"Roll a sin" is not a good enough answer. I, and others, shouldn't have to roll another class just to get into these instances. I have made a sin, only 89 at the moment but, I just can't get into it. It isn't as fun to play for me as my other classes and more importantly, this one (mystic). However I know good and well if I ever returned to the game and got to 100, chances of me actually getting into Nirvana are very slim to none unless I went with factionmates or friends. But even that isn't always guaranteed.

I don't know what should be done to change the way people think about what makes a good squad set up. Making 5 aps so hard to attain before was part of the game, and it was never meant to be available just to anyone. But now it is. Therefore it has become pretty much the only path type that folks want.

I'll just stick to other games that are more balanced, tyvm.

However, if they did ever figure out a way to make rainbow squads valid again, I'd probably come back to this game. It's a shame that it is the way it is now. I miss how it used to be. OP gear is supposed to be hard to attain, and the fact that it isn't is what is rather troubling. Money buys power.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • carocaina
    carocaina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If they nerf APS the same ppl who's qqing about aps will qq about psychics OP and after that maybe will qq about barbs HP or gold, or rank, or or or or or b:laugh
    Stop QQing and enjoy the game b:bye
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I dont think people would QQ about other classes if they didnt have sins to cry about. Unless you have an unnatural build of other classes, few of them are going to be able to solo high level instances. Any (of the very few) strengths they have are very team based. The barbs hp to soak up damage so other dds can do most of the killing and stay alive. Psys/Wizzies Op damage at a distance to speed up the kill. Sure those things are OP after a fashion, but useless alone.

I dont have problem with Sin skills or those that creat unnatural builds to mimic Sins except for the fact that it takes away the need for a team.

Like I said in the other QQ thread about aps. Let aps players keep what they have, they worked for the gear one way or the other and it would be wrong to take that away. But make other classes skills more powerful to bring them up to the level of the 5 aps player.
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Whats killing the game has nothing to do with aps, its that you can level from 0-90 your first day glitching in frost, level 90-95 your second day doing the same thing, then finsish off leveling to 100 your third day...again doing the same thing. Next you simply buy either rank 8 or 9 depending on your finances an then orbs to refine everything +10.
    EVERYTHING is buyable with real money so easily that there really is no reason to play the game. That is whats killing the game. Aps has nothing to do with it. There is simply nothing to accomplish in this game except putting you visa/mastercard into paypal.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    hmm i remember this thread a couple decent idea's in here like the one tht says make int like chan
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    assasins or bm's or barbarians the classes of APS , whts their max damage sparked ? 22K for +12 assasin G16 daggers . bm 18K max!

a wiz or veno or MAGES sparked can 1 shot ! making more than 40K sparked damage in stats . this without the +30 atk lvl from r9 , and 30 atk lvl from blessing .

wiz , or veno, or psy got there own SKILLS to kill 1 shot ! their skills ADDs EXTRA DAMAGE to base damage !!!!!!

archer aoe is known as killing of many people 1 time.

assasin or bm also got there own skills!!

in OTHER WORDS every Class have his own special ability , so stop being jelious about not being able to farm with ur mage ! U are able to make alot in TW's and pvp .

MORE THING: the stupid idea of nerfing aps , is only cause u cant make THE ASSASIN AND GEAR IT.

if u get the assasin now geared , u will never ask to Nerf APS.
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    More and more !

Every Class other than assasin or BM can use his MAGIC skills and build r9 all gear , to get 20 atk lvl and 20 def lvls , with chance to +2 def shard x4 EACH PART !

WHY( cause assasin will loose his APS if use r9 parts)

While assasin or BM cant get 1 single part R9 , so GO PLAY OTHER ONE ! silly .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .