HA Sin?

Options
2»

Comments

• AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    O.o who the hell can drop 24 stones of gaea on their gear? that's 144 cits for something slightly worse than vit stones

Other than that Aurora's builds look disastrous.

HA sins are for farming. that's about it. They're great if you know what you're doing

You've basically just repeated what someone else and I have already established. A little late on it don't you think?

As far as the stones, I'd rather have 480 more HP than a little more resistance that really won't make a difference, so I'll stick with the Gaea stones.
  • Jellytot - Harshlands
    Jellytot - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yeah i understand theres a lot of down side to to point im tryin to prove is all these ppl who look down on build and call it fail 1) theyve never tried it 2) just to dam ignorant.

Just becoz somethin isnt common doesnt make it fail,ppl who just sit and follow the build given on forums are either very narrow minded and cant use thier heads or are just to dam gullable and think t to themselves hey if i dont build my char like this then im fail.

Have a lil imagination and try things for urself dont worry what ppl say its all comes down to if ur happy with it

Ppl call my sin fail for fists but 90% of them are dead after theyve attacked me i have no worries for ppl in this game that are ignorant
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You've basically just repeated what someone else and I have already established. A little late on it don't you think?

As far as the stones, I'd rather have 480 more HP than a little more resistance that really won't make a difference, so I'll stick with the Gaea stones.

Nope, people would constantly bash on it.

Sorry, but I'd rather have 480 less hp, more resistances, and have an extra 2280m in my pockets than what you've stated.

144 citrines at 20m each = 2.88 billion
    24 prims at 25m each = 600 million.

With an extra 2.28b with me, anything financial related in pwi would be a thing in the past b:pleased
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Malekith - Harshlands
    Malekith - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I was wondering if heavy armour could be a good choice for a sin or does it make the sin useless? Are there any HA sins out there? I dont mean to be trolling, i was just wondering if HA could work well especially 100+?

Why this thread has made it beyond the 1st reply is beyond me. Most ridiculous thing anyone would do with a sin. Yea, for April 1st everyone roll a HA sin.

And while we're at I'm rolling that HA psychic I've been dreaming about.
    "We play games, then argue about them. That's stupid.

"This world is full of stupid people who don't realize they're stupid or won't admit to being stupid."

"Many things can distract stupid people."
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think JellyTot just proved his point.
  • Malekith - Harshlands
    Malekith - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yeah i understand theres a lot of down side to to point im tryin to prove is all these ppl who look down on build and call it fail 1) theyve never tried it 2) just to dam ignorant.

Just becoz somethin isnt common doesnt make it fail,ppl who just sit and follow the build given on forums are either very narrow minded and cant use thier heads or are just to dam gullable and think t to themselves hey if i dont build my char like this then im fail.

Have a lil imagination and try things for urself dont worry what ppl say its all comes down to if ur happy with it

Ppl call my sin fail for fists but 90% of them are dead after theyve attacked me i have no worries for ppl in this game that are ignorant

Wow, just wow. You know why the audience poll on Who Wants to be a Millionaire 99% of the time is the right answer by a good margin? Because of combined knowledge and experience. The cookie cutter i.e. pure dex LA builds you bash in "trying to be different or imaginative" are the best for a reason...

If you want to be different so bad dye you clothes pink if you're a male, or name your toon Fred if you're female. Don't hinder your squad because you don't want play the role the class was designed for.
    "We play games, then argue about them. That's stupid.

"This world is full of stupid people who don't realize they're stupid or won't admit to being stupid."

"Many things can distract stupid people."
  • Jellytot - Harshlands
    Jellytot - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol i dont hinder my squad of anythin,i do same thing LA sin can do in fc or anythin else for that matter pls explain to me what im hinderin them off? or are u just 1 of those ignorant ppl like malekith?
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nope, people would constantly bash on it.

Sorry, but I'd rather have 480 less hp, more resistances, and have an extra 2280m in my pockets than what you've stated.

144 citrines at 20m each = 2.88 billion
    24 prims at 25m each = 600 million.

With an extra 2.28b with me, anything financial related in pwi would be a thing in the past b:pleased

If you are able to make 600 mill in the first place, I doubt you would find it hard to go the distance either.... Especially seeing as a smart merchant could very easily make that. Perhaps not as easily on our servers compared to the older ones, but with the way I am taking my time on these characters, it will be easy by the time I get there.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sure it's easy to merchant the money, but the cost in relation to survivability indexes isn't worth it per coin..

I've seen tens of people who stone their gear with vit stones. I have YET to see anyone on RT to actually stone their gear with any SoG..

Not only this, but some classes benefit better with vit stones. A barb is a prime example. If I remember right, barbs get 20 health per vit. 10 vit = 200 health, AND extra p/m defenses. That's already a lot more than what a SoG can provide.

If you take it to the 1v1 scale, for let's say an assassin, then :

10 vit = 130 health, m and p defenses.
    vs
    150 health

You'd be getting 20 more health, and a lack of some m and p def, for an extra average cost of 95m coin.

You'd be paying 4.75m for each health point. I'd rather put in 2 points into vit to cover up the 20 health than to drop 4.75m per health. Plus I'd get an extra 6 health.

And it's not that much different with other classes. Venos get 12 health per vit.

I highly doubt there are a lot of people out there who would agree with you about SoG > 10 vit stones.

IJS.. If you have enough money to do such a thing and would want to over vit stones, then you're one in a million. b:surrender
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sure it's easy to merchant the money, but the cost in relation to survivability indexes isn't worth it per coin..

I've seen tens of people who stone their gear with vit stones. I have YET to see anyone on RT to actually stone their gear with any SoG..

Not only this, but some classes benefit better with vit stones. A barb is a prime example. If I remember right, barbs get 20 health per vit. 10 vit = 200 health, AND extra p/m defenses. That's already a lot more than what a SoG can provide.

If you take it to the 1v1 scale, for let's say an assassin, then :

10 vit = 130 health, m and p defenses.
    vs
    150 health

You'd be getting 20 more health, and a lack of some m and p def, for an extra average cost of 95m coin.

You'd be paying 4.75m for each health point. I'd rather put in 2 points into vit to cover up the 20 health than to drop 4.75m per health. Plus I'd get an extra 6 health.

And it's not that much different with other classes. Venos get 12 health per vit.

I highly doubt there are a lot of people out there who would agree with you about SoG > 10 vit stones.

IJS.. If you have enough money to do such a thing and would want to over vit stones, then you're one in a million. b:surrender

The resistance you get from those stones is so little with end-game gear, it won't do any good for you. Remember that the more resistance you have, the more you need to make it worth while, which is why people don't use defense stones at higher levels, they just don't do as much good as HP.

As well, for a Barb, yes it is worthwhile, as they get 17 (not 20) HP per Vit. This is not a Barb we are talking about though, so that is irrelevant. Also, that's not just 2 Vit you are putting in, its 2 Vit per stone, which totals at 48 Vit, and I doubt you would get many who would agree that 45 more Vit at end-game would be better than putting that into Dex. However, different strokes for everyone. It is more expensive, and personally I doubt I will have anything above Immaculates in my gear anyway just because I am a horrible merchant and I haven't, and don't plan to, spend any money on this game.

So, different opinions, all that matters is that full Dex is better than HA Assassin anyways. b:pleased
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I've actually used both claws and daggers, so let me say my bit. For the record, I have never used heavy armor build, just dext build, but I can give some info on the various weps. I'm demon btw.

With 5aps +10 claws and chill of the deep on, my damage (dps) was *almost* as good as 5aps sins with daggers. How do I know this? Because I could play the Who Has Aggro game on TT/FC/CoA bosses with 5aps sins. With claws, applying the power dash crit becomes incredibly easy; press power dash > switch to claws > dps away @ 4aps unsparked/5aps sparked (I'm assuming you keep chill of the deep in, which is the logical choice if you have full interval gears). Keep in mind, my damage was almost as good with only 150 str points. I was able to succesfully pk with this build; naturally windshield brings you to 5aps base, with chill on. Furthermore, keepin chill on means when you switch to daggers, yur skills hit like a truck. The major disadvantage, of course, is that fact that you have to switch weapons. Its like introducing ping into your fight, and getting stunned with claws in is not fun, cuz to use a skill, gotta switch back to daggers & all that. Nonetheless, with practice, I was pretty good at it.

Now, if I were to have 400 strength points instead and equip full heavy armor build, the amount of dmg lost by crit is more than made up by the increase of damage per hit, with claws. As in, if you lose, say, 20 crit, you gain more than 20% damage per hit by getting 250 more strength points. Your dagger dmg is shot, so pk becomes out of the question. But the nay-sayers who are comparin fist dmg to dagger damage, hullo, 30 attack levels DOES make a pretty big difference! Full dext, dagger mastery, & daggers, vs full str, claws, & 30 attack levels. Without doing the nitty-gritty math, damage difference shouldn't be that much different. Like I already said, with only 150 str points I could do similar dmgs to 5aps dagger sins.

So why go HA? (a) you don't pk (b) you love to farm. Without sacrificing much in terms of dps, you are able to get a build with wayyy more physical defense, more hp, slightly worse magical defense.

With sage, you could get even more durability, but then there is a definite decrease in the dmgs, you lose the 30 attack levels in exchange for sage bloodpaint & 25% dmg reduction on spark. Might be a way to solo some of them super-hard 3-3 bosses... I hear even the best cash-shopped dext sins have trouble doin arma, so a HA build might be just the thing.

What I'm sayin is, on claws & heavy armor in general, they have limited usefulness in PK, but do have potential uses in PVE.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.