Silvy's Signature Shack

Options

Comments

• Vulpinchen - Lost City
    Vulpinchen - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    aww nice thank you for the link...perfect timing...just found a beatiful spot in pw in the demon world which I didnt know before and I had the idea to draw my veno some fairy wings...a glowing text will fit perfectly b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥RAWR♥
  • Vulpinchen - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    the glowing text thing didnt really work well...will try it another time :D

So now I tried to make a sig by considering all of your tips (not too much, .png, and new downloaded fonts)^^...this is the result of my fairy wing idea (not really how I expected it to be but I like it :D)

fairyf.png

...and sorry if I annoy you b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥RAWR♥
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Nicely put, Briar b:chuckle
    Just missing the part where we kick 'im down a cliff...

b:laughb:victory
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    WOOT ini edits allowed on the head now. Check it out:

ini Thread

So that person that 'reported' me for the mohawk...suck on it baby! haha

Now I am in a good mood - yay!
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hell yeah, seen it just now, congratulations to the ones who fight for their 'right'... :P
    I've to say our new CM is pretty much awesome. Maybe even a second Spoons (not entirely though). >:D

@Vulpinchen
    I'm not in the least annoyed! :o
    I'm sorry if I'm giving off such vibes b:chuckle

Nice idea/concept xD
    Magical mushrooms, huh...?
    If it's okay for you I'd like to give you a proper rating this time, that might or might not help you a bit more other than the stuff I said before^^

Just gotta finish my assignment for Literary Studies first @_@
  • Vulpinchen - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Never heard of this INI edit before ...but I just read the guide and will try it for my veno now...i dont like hear original hair :D

@Silvy:

you arent giving off such vibes^^...i am always "afraid" of annoying people :D

a proper rating would be awesome :)

have fun with your assignment b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥RAWR♥
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Oh I had my fun alright... blegh... >_<
    Not even finished but since I can't do most of the stupid tasks at home as the remote access to the online research sites won't work on my computer I gotta work off the stuff in the uni -_-' And like hell I'm reading through 40+ pages of boring text right now...

Aaaaaaanyway. Rating.

On the text:
    I think the font face fits the general message you're trying to convey; the 'echo-like' second semi-transparent layered writing matches although it makes it harder to read the actual quote. I'd prolly drag the transparent writing a nano-milimetre down behind the quote and a bit to the left or the right (damit ein leichter Versatz entsteht und der transparente Teil weniger lesbar ist -> Fokus auf das eigentliche Zitat ). Perhaps fitting the whole quote on the complete signature background would also be nice (one line instead of two) OR putting the two lines entirely to the left. Additionally the quote can be stressed more by adding another text layer 1 point bigger than the actual writing and filling it with black or any suitable dark colour and softening that layer (gaussian blur).
    Another thing: the quote shouldn't overlap with the mushrooms or any vital render you want the viewer to put focus on.

Frame:
    Most of the time I distance myself from using certain white borders, instead I use a 1pt black frame and play around with the opacity and the layer modes; in this case it's really up to your liking anyhow. Actually... anything is up to you anyway. b:avoid

Background:
    Not entirely sure about it honestly. I think I'd of used a bit brighter (and/or other coloured) background for contrast's sake and more subtle textures perhaps. But your bg is good as it is actually. (I'd pick something dark blueish/night-sky-like I guess, as in my eyes silence/ the significance of the quote can be reinforced with that colour scheme)

Renders:
    I'd add moar mushrooms of various sizes (to the right end) >:P
    And give them a nice glowing border/frame so that they stand out compared to the relatively dark background.
    About your fairy fox; she's hiding (partly) behind another mushroom, isn't she? If so I'd cover the one half of her body a bit more and use a straight growing mushroom for that use. Additionally I'd add some more smaller mushrooms behind her in order to make it easier to distinguish that she's standing next to another mushroom.
    The illusion-like effect on your veno is intended I assume, but I wonder if it wouldn't be better to use the render with the max. opacity so that she stands out more (as much as the mushrooms). Other than that I'd put your character more to the right/middle in case the writing is at the left edge/ or a one-liner that doesn't cover any vital parts of the renders (font size should be adjusted/scaled down in that case).

Overall:

It's a good signature in my humble opinion =)
    Nice concept and idea and that's always the most essential thing for me. There's also a link between the quote and the background which I find utmost important. Not to forget the overall quality is exquisite (.png and high quality material for the win ;..;).

I think that's it pretty much; again, it's just my (unprofessional) opinion and if I offend you in any way I'm sincerely sorry. I just presented you with the way I'd work on the signature and it's entirely up to you to deem what I said useful or utter ****. :P
    Afterall everyone has different tastes and ways of operating.

Hope I could help you! n_n
  • Vulpinchen - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Thanky you very much for your rating :)
    And dont worry I dont feel offended :D

I originally wanted to make the second text-layer more transparent but text-layers dont like me and do whatever they want to :D...so actually I have to work on my patience for the fonts xD

At first I had a more or less brown frame but I didn't like it so I tried a white one that should fit to the font colour...but actually I wanted it to be more transparent and more like using "vignettierung" on Picasa^^

I did't change the background a lot it is just cut out of a screenshot and I only change the light and contrast a bit and added the sparks^^...and actually I didnt want to use a dark night sky again also I like it(this always creates a good contrast) :D...so the scenery with the mushrooms gave me the idea for this fairy thing^^

That part with the fairy...My idea was that she should look from behind a straight standing mushroom but I couldn't manage it to get a good screenshot of it :( so I took this half laying mushroom but then the screenshot was from too far away to get a good quality of my char but when I zoomed in the mushrooms disappeared :D
    Thats why I said it didnt turned out as I expected it to be xD

I think I will try to make another fairy sig by considering your tips...maybe I can get a good screen now ;)

One thing striked me in your rating...:D
    "(damit ein leichter Versatz entsteht und der transparente Teil weniger lesbar ist -> Fokus auf das eigentliche Zitat )" ...did u copy this from somewhere or kann you speak/read german? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥RAWR♥
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    You're very welcome! b:chuckle

If it's about making stuff more transparent, some layer modes might be interesting 'sides sliding the opacity down or up^^
    That part with the fairy...My idea was that she should look from behind a straight standing mushroom but I couldn't manage it to get a good screenshot of it :( so I took this half laying mushroom but then the screenshot was from too far away to get a good quality of my char but when I zoomed in the mushrooms disappeared :D
    Thats why I said it didnt turned out as I expected it to be xD

Ah, so I was right xD You could always render that one slender mushroom of your signature in its original size, scale it down and put it in front of your character^^

... and I'm German actually. :P
    For the sake of pretending to stick to the so called forum ToS I refrained from writing this in German though, and since I was sure I couldn't phrase that passage in an understandable manner in English it just happened to be. xD
  • Vulpinchen - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Funny :D
    I thought all of those sig makers are english speaking...now you are the second one thats german O.o (Umso besser :D)

So if I have further questions I will pm you in German so we wont violate the forum ToS whatever is meant by that :D
    b:victory

And compliments for your good english ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥RAWR♥
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Funny :D
    I thought all of those sig makers are english speaking...

Lol, more like they're all German. b:chuckle

And Vulpinchen. for a starter those sigs are pretty good :o You might have to watch out a little though since you love to have a lot going on and the quotes suffer from it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the compliment and sure thing, Vulpinchen n_n

And as far as I'm concerned not all, but most signature makers on here are English speaking =)
    We're certainly a minority on here... b:chuckle
  • DarkMystica - Sanctuary
    DarkMystica - Sanctuary Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I ini'ed my Cleric...

IM IN LOVE WITH HER NOW!

2012-10-2318-48-32_zps49fe5193.png
    2012-10-2319-47-41_zps300f917b.png

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ty Silvy ^^

If time's a song, I won't wait for its reprise,
    I am done wishing farewells and goodbyes...
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    -pokes silvy-

Hi b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Silvy!

If you are bored~ Can you make a nice big wallpaper or signature of my cleric? b:thanks

2012-10-2320-09-58_zps4605d9b1.jpg
    2012-10-2320-09-20_zpse4978183.jpg
    2012-10-2320-09-09_zps832035e6.jpg
    2012-10-2320-08-16_zpsc4d5df4a.jpg

Ty~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ty Silvy ^^

• blueeyes04
    blueeyes04 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Are you still making signatures?
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    *pokes Miko back*
    Have a taste of my finger of paiiiiiiiiiiiin *growls* >:D
    (btw, really like that style of how you drew Es' archer b:avoid)

@Dark
    Sure! Guess it'll be a signature then, I'll see to it that I work on it on Thursday n_n
    For a wallpaper some full body shots would be sweet (including the feet xD)
    Oh, and any name/quote you want on the signature or wallpaper?

@blueeyes04
    I guess... unless someone plans to assassinate me in the near future like five minutes from now *looks around*
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    -pokes more- poke war I tell you b:shutup I want a wallpaper toooooo b:dirty and thx XD still trying to do better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    are you taking sigs atm? I'd love it if you'd make one for me. thanks b:cute
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Rofl, is this some kind of conspiracy? When I've absolutely nothing to do no one wants anything, and just when I got my hands full with my studies everyone comes xD

Not complaining or anything though. I'm happy if I can help out b:avoid
    It just decreases my working speed xD

@Miko
    I want a wallpaper too :P
    Resolution, images, concept, then we'll see b:chuckle

@Baby_pho
    Heya, yup I am; just tell me what you want to see as a result and I'll see to it. =D
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Rofl, is this some kind of conspiracy? When I've absolutely nothing to do no one wants anything, and just when I got my hands full with my studies everyone comes xD

Not complaining or anything though. I'm happy if I can help out b:avoid
    It just decreases my working speed xD

@Miko
    I want a wallpaper too :P
    Resolution, images, concept, then we'll see b:chuckle

@Baby_pho
    Heya, yup I am; just tell me what you want to see as a result and I'll see to it. =D

I think it's cuz of the INI thing, pushing everyone back to the forum again. b:chuckle

And I would totally take new ss for you but... I don't wanna go on the game D: I semi-quit, and still trying to quit so I dont get addicted again LOL. Let me look in my old ss and see if there's anything good...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Options
    It's because everyone loves you <3
    Well the name: Faye__ in it would be nice ^-^!
    And I'll make new ss after mainte!

Got only this one, where she is almost full in the screen o-o

2012-10-2320-04-28_zps3fc3da02.jpg

Well I'll see you after my trip to England then! I'll make sure to take pictures of the crimescene house b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ty Silvy ^^

• DatAxe - Sanctuary
    DatAxe - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hiya Silvy =D I see you're keeping busy. b:chuckle

I'll check back with you after I get some screenies and draw a panda with a mohawk and sunglasses going "DAT AXE!!!" for a potentially fun sig project for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jeremied - Sanctuary: How was this name not taken!? b:shocked
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    @Miko
    Non-game related images are always an option, too ^^
    And yeah, I think the forum got a bit more livelier these days (almost as busy as it was years ago), though that isn't entirely connected to that .ini affair I guess b:chuckle
    Always busier in Winter times than Summer...

@Dark
    Haha, that one was good :P
    Aye, name noted and take you're time, I'll tackle the signature first anyway.
    Almost the full body, almost xD
    Not to forget: close-up full body shot in any pose
    Oh, and it'd be neat to know your desktop resolution, otherwise I'll go with mine (which is 1920x1080 :P)

@Jeremied
    I'll be waiting then.^^
    Fun signature, huh? Last one was aeons ago... *ponders*
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Well my resolution is 1600x900 b:surrender

I gonna make SS now before i sleep! Will edit it soon ^^

Edit:
    2012-10-2422-58-49_zps38888a2d.png
    2012-10-2422-56-42_zps0f2e15f3.png
    2012-10-2422-52-35_zpse1c5f5d3.png

More pics on: http://s1137.beta.photobucket.com/user/Maddzzz93/library/?view=media
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ty Silvy ^^

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Aye, noted. And thanks for the images. =)
    I assume the broken files on here are intact on the album... ;o

Gonna render the remaining images I need for the wallpaper, then I shall start right away.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    hi silvy thanks for making my sig

Writing:hot pho- hot soup nom
    Images preferred:you can use or not use or use some of these if you want. It dont matter.
    2012-10-2223-20-28_zpsc8cd4a51.png
    2012-10-2218-52-07_zpsa6a76b9f.jpg
    2012-10-2223-07-59_zpsa57c3db8.jpg
    2012-10-2218-52-33_zpsf7a7cbcf.jpg
    2012-07-2115-10-50.jpg

Theme: pure, cute, pretty.

Colours: blue(any/all shades), purple(any/ all shades), and/or white. use w/e color u think will look good XD with the above colors. I dont mind.

Additional: thanks for making my sig :3. i would like to ask if u can do cleri siggy too if its not too much DX. let me know if you need more pics.
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Non-game wallpaper is an option. But right now my desktop is a sceenie of hubby and I D: Don't wanna change it to anime or other thingys. But it looks like you got more work to do now ;o I will take some screenies on my free time, and maybe post them when you have less work to do b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I appreciate it, as I just remembered that I've no real hands for wallpapers.
    Will take a while 'till I'm done with all my current requests xD

Which reminds me; sorry for not finishing my work yesterday, I tried working on both Dark's signature and wallpaper simultaneously, had a background ready for the signature which didn't really fit the renders in the end and so ceased to work in a fit of frustration ._.

@Baby_pho
    Alright, thanks! This time it'll be a proper signature too as the last one was just an edited screenshot n_n
    And yeah, can do your cleric's too, just feed me with pictures. =)
  • AlphaLycane - Archosaur
    AlphaLycane - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    silvy please make one for my barb b:cute

I need this on it

Hustle,loyalty,respect
    The way of Alphalycane

with a lycan barb pic :D thx b:bye