[No Maintenance this Week!] 2-1-2011

124»

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Give us fashion sale... fashion saleeeeeee... saleee....

East coast servers got a rep sale in Boutique sooo....thats all for this week I guess. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    East coast servers got a rep sale in Boutique sooo....thats all for this week I guess. lol

Nooooooooo!!!! b:angry

But really, rep sale again?

edit: hyper stones too... yay.............. ....
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Okay, so yeah. Putting my final two cents. Official trailer, states official month of release. Fail. Now the trailer that they made, and the ones we edited for the contest are all lies. Just a little something there.

The big point being, I didn't think that I could be more disappointed. Not that I don't get to play the expansion yet. No, not at all. I don't care when it comes out, like I've stated. But the fact that they are failing this badly that they pushed it into March, to make everything else they've even bothered to say about the release a lie. Worse, in my opinion, than not even giving the exact date. I just don't understand why they can't get their **** together. Last year it was the same thing with the expansion. And they still didn't have it finished when they released it. So I can only expect the same thing to happen this time. So why bother pushing it back? Just release the damn thing with the bugs its going to have anyway. At least that way you're not such a big group of liars. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    Ratsael - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Leave game and or forum please then. Go play ... legend of martial arts or etc.
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You pay someone to advertise on their building, the building becomes overridden with dirt and weeds. So technically your getting what you paid for, but the facility is being poorly run, which makes what you paid for completely worthless. When you pay for something your owed customer support.

Furthermore i enjoy the game, I simply stated it is terribly run. Stop twisting my words.

Spending money on this game is completely optional. If you've put any money into this game without sufficiently researching consequences, that's your fault. No where in the Terms of Service does it say that PWE is required to respond it's active, paying community, unless the purchased item isn't functioning how it should. The same can't be said for a free bus or building advertisement.

tl;dr you're just trollin' nao, Dyskrasia is 100% correct and this is a dik-dik.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    Ratsael - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    First : http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=192381

Yep, she is a trolling.

No point in throwing on fire. just get burned ...
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Back to Modern Warefare for another week b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    yay for more server laggg
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    YAY rank sale :)

>_>
    <_<
    >_>

we all saw this coming. PWE keeps going once they find one money sucking source
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This is the only MMO I'm familiar with myself. I suppose I'm used to console games, for example. They get it ready to go and THEN give a date. And an actual date rather than a month that it will come out. I guess I just don't understand why an online game needs to work any differently when it comes to release dates for expansions.
    That would be because console games release on a physical media. Once the game has "gone gold" they can begin producing and shipping all of the physical materials (discs, boxes, etc...), which gives them time to announce a specific release date.

An MMORPG like this one, however, can finish testing and release immediately, if they want to. That means that they don't really know when they're going to be done until they're actually done. So, the best they can do is try to estimate a date, and try to keep it vague and reasonable so that they're likely to be able to meet it.

That is one major difference between console games and games like this one, and it's not the only one, but it helps explain a lot about why they do release dates differently.

Still, personally, I'd rather they release a good working update a bit late, than a partially broken update "on time".

I'm not saying that there won't be any bugs when they do release it, but there will certainly be less bugs than if they had released it before they thought it was ready. Heck, if February had 30 days like many other months, it would still be "on time". ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Still, personally, I'd rather they release a good working update a bit late, than a partially broken update "on time".

Sangodoc is a fan of valve time.
    b:avoid
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    No "We did nothing but we still found a way for client to take more space" patch? Oh well, maybe next month! PWI staff keeps disappointing me and believe me, I dont have that high expectations, lol.

Oh well, back playing other games, kittyshop is lovely easy to keep up. Though, my client has been crashing lately, never happened before, started after last meainteance, guess I shouldnt want another mainteance, lol.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    storehammy wrote: »
    Sangodoc is a fan of valve time.
    b:avoid

I remember staying up for the initial L4D2 demo release haha, was epic.

at the time i was not amused
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]