[No Maintenance this Week!] 2-1-2011

Comments

• WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    They just said they're mad that its that month and has not been officially announced, not that it hasn't been released. I can agree with them. I feel it is incredibly unprofessional not to give a date to this kind of thing, ESPECIALLY as soon as already inside the promised month, even if it is only the first of said month. I don't care if it comes out today, tomorrow, or in four weeks, but I feel it is a sign of how immature this company can be. Yeah, surprised are nice, but that's not why they do it. They just don't want to give themselves a narrow deadline.

I don't recall the specifics, but I know for the TB expansion, they didn't announce the exact day until a day or two (MAYBE a week) before it did come out. And even then, the date they gave, they pushed it forward another night because they weren't ready. Says a lot about what to expect from the company when they can't meet a deadline they set themselves.

exactly, thank you, good, someone said what i couldn't put into words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Words are overrated. You should have used interpretive dance.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    They just said they're mad that its that month and has not been officially announced, not that it hasn't been released. I can agree with them. I feel it is incredibly unprofessional not to give a date to this kind of thing, ESPECIALLY as soon as already inside the promised month, even if it is only the first of said month. I don't care if it comes out today, tomorrow, or in four weeks, but I feel it is a sign of how immature this company can be. Yeah, surprised are nice, but that's not why they do it. They just don't want to give themselves a narrow deadline.

I don't recall the specifics, but I know for the TB expansion, they didn't announce the exact day until a day or two (MAYBE a week) before it did come out. And even then, the date they gave, they pushed it forward another night because they weren't ready. Says a lot about what to expect from the company when they can't meet a deadline they set themselves.

An approximate date was kind of already given in a recent news post that stated that the expansion was "approximately a month away". A real date would be nice, but at the same time, setting a date and then having to postpone it because of last minute issues would just **** people off. Last minute issues aren't always an indication of incompetency (or immaturity) either... it's not as simple as just flipping a switch and having the expansion up and running. Since this is really the only mmorpg I'm familiar with, maybe other games handle their expansion releases differently... but a week or so of advance notice (rather than a month+) seems fair enough to me. lol Anywaysss for all we know they could tell us what's going on with tonight's news posts. I just don't think it's fair to run out of patience on the very first day of the month the expansion is due. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    An approximate date was kind of already given in a recent news post that stated that the expansion was "approximately a month away". A real date would be nice, but at the same time, setting a date and then having to postpone it because of last minute issues would just **** people off. Last minute issues aren't always an indication of incompetency (or immaturity) either... it's not as simple as just flipping a switch and having the expansion up and running. Since this is really the only mmorpg I'm familiar with, maybe other games handle their expansion releases differently... but a week or so of advance notice (rather than a month+) seems fair enough to me. lol Anywaysss for all we know they could tell us what's going on with tonight's news posts. I just don't think it's fair to run out of patience on the very first day of the month the expansion is due. :P

This is the only MMO I'm familiar with myself. I suppose I'm used to console games, for example. They get it ready to go and THEN give a date. And an actual date rather than a month that it will come out. I guess I just don't understand why an online game needs to work any differently when it comes to release dates for expansions. It just seems like being lazy and almost cheating in a sense. I don't know, maybe my standards are just too high. I guess being a people pleaser and all about customer service and satisfaction at my job, that I figure everyone takes their job so seriously. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    rough estimate of 5 days not good enough it seems.

4 more tuesdays to go :p

EDIT: 3 more days to go
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=192441

Ha!

So much for the rose petals meaning Genesis is Feb. Get smart people:p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Do GMs actually do anything? It's been 2 weeks since the last maintenance, you promised an expansion in February that were now getting in March, you ruined our economy, you don't fix a single bug, you continuously ignore your dying community and continue to shove packs down our throats. Do you even play the game? Do you even do any work? Maybe if you did we'd get the expansion on time, or maybe even a few bug fixes. This has got to be one of the worst run games ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    It seems I Jinxed it. b:laugh

Anyways ... MARCH 2, 2011

lol end of the month
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

• Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Do GMs actually do anything? It's been 2 weeks since the last maintenance, you promised an expansion in February that were now getting in March, you ruined our economy, you don't fix a single bug, you continuously ignore your dying community and continue to shove packs down our throats. Do you even play the game? Do you even do any work? Maybe if you did we'd get the expansion on time, or maybe even a few bug fixes. This has got to be one of the worst run games ever.

I am going with they were set back because a group with myself included needed the Celestial fash, hence the wait. b:surrender

edited February 2011

And you care so much... why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    And you care so much... why?

Your lack of a legitimate response means your nothing but a troll attempting to act mature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowStorm - Raging Tide
    ShadowStorm - Raging Tide Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Being released March 2nd is better than being released March 9th ijs

Right?
    As I look to the Horizon, I know danger is coming
    Fearing my power as a BladeMaster may not be enough,
    Ninja and Samarai skills failing, I look for someone to help avert the incoming disaster. Who will answer my call? Will it be the seeker? Or the Mystic? Or even an Earthguard at all...
    All I know is Darkness has come once again.
    And this time Light may not be enough to repel it...
    Genesis is upon us. Are you prepared for it?
    edited February 2011
    Your lack of a legitimate response means your nothing but a troll attempting to act mature.
    This is kind of ironic. Oh well, bye. Enjoy playing a game that makes you miserable :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    This is kind of ironic. Oh well, bye. Enjoy playing a game that makes you miserable :)

Fail troll has failed, goodbye troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Sorry that you're being forced to play this completely free game. <.<

Anyway, so its a bit late, glad to see an official date announced :D
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Sorry that you're being forced to play this completely free game. <.<

Anyway, so its a bit late, glad to see an official date announced :D

So your telling me, if your city provides a free bus service that you decide to ride one day to save gas, is completely unsanitary, you have no right to complain because its free? If you offer a product whether it be free or not, you still have to meet customer demands, or they may just use another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    So your telling me, if your city provides a free bus service that you decide to ride one day to save gas, is completely unsanitary, you have no right to complain because its free? If you offer a product whether it be free or not, you still have to meet customer demands, or they may just use another.

The difference being that if it's city transportation, they're obligated to listen to the people because it's a public facility. PWE is a private company and doesn't actually owe anyone anything (aside from those who spend $, but they actually get what they pay for so...)
    It'd be the decent thing to do (listening to those that play the game) but they don't actually have to. That's why, in my opinion, people are better off finding a new game they enjoy rather than complaining about one they hate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    Ratsael - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I don't see a reason to quote the person. If they don't wish to play the game then there on there own. Find a better game so that your happy and we may be happy undisturb by your comment.

Personally I love the realism in this game, the customaations as well. I find -unmentionable game by blizzard- to cartoonish to keep my interest. Play as much as you can for how long you may have. Create another if you wish or leave the game to play a new one that is unexplored.
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
    edited February 2011
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=192441

Ha!

So much for the rose petals meaning Genesis is Feb. Get smart people:p

i'll be honest, i don't even care that it's not being released in february now. i'm just happy to have an official release date so i know how much time i have ta save up some $ and get back ta bein used ta heal again ^,..,^

thank you pwi for giving us a release date, it is greatly apreciated b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
    edited February 2011
    I don't see a reason to quote the person. If they don't wish to play the game then there on there own. Find a better game so that your happy and we may be happy undisturb by your comment.

Personally I love the realism in this game, the customaations as well. I find -unmentionable game by blizzard- to cartoonish to keep my interest. Play as much as you can for how long you may have. Create another if you wish or leave the game to play a new one that is unexplored.

1. there is no better game that pwi, pwi is the shiznit b:victory

2. -unmentionable game by blizzard- is over rated, boring, is indeed cartoonish, and also quite possibly the worst online game ever created. basically, i agree with what you said, and may hate that unmentionable game even more xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    The difference being that if it's city transportation, they're obligated to listen to the people because it's a public facility. PWE is a private company and doesn't actually owe anyone anything (aside from those who spend $, but they actually get what they pay for so...)
    It'd be the decent thing to do (listening to those that play the game) but they don't actually have to. That's why, in my opinion, people are better off finding a new game they enjoy rather than complaining about one they hate.

You pay someone to advertise on their building, the building becomes overridden with dirt and weeds. So technically your getting what you paid for, but the facility is being poorly run, which makes what you paid for completely worthless. When you pay for something your owed customer support.

Furthermore i enjoy the game, I simply stated it is terribly run. Stop twisting my words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    The company is responsible for the dirt and weeds that are unkept. The company sells less, they will gain less customers. In the end, the company will stop and continue with a different supponser until they lose creditiblity and the job itself.

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    The company is responsible for the dirt and weeds that are unkept. The company sells less, they will gain less customers. In the end, the company will stop and continue with a different supponser until they lose creditiblity and the job itself.

Exactly my point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    1. there is no better game that pwi, pwi is the shiznit b:victory

There are better games - I happen to have moved on to one, myself. Harder to film in, though.

On that topic, for anyone actually reading this post: I direct your attention here.

I require feedback, let me know if such an undertaking interests you, and/or is indeed worth the time and effort it would take.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    I must say a fail comment is a fail.

I know another good mmo as well. I play it whenever the connection is good and wish to play it.

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Where are my sales? >:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Where are my sales? >:(

I ate them, for they was good. If you wish to obtain them, I suggest that you:

1.) GET INTO MY BELLY!

or ...

2.) Cut me in two.

Otherwise they will be chemically altared into dung. >:)

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    FFS where are the sales posts. So far nothing is on sale...but even that's isn't officially announced.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Surprise rep sale?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    FFS where are the sales posts. So far nothing is on sale...but even that's isn't officially announced.

Give us fashion sale... fashion saleeeeeee... saleee....