Got an idea how to fix 5.0? Read here.

124»

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    -_- Sooo... Veno's just purge in TW? Why would I want to just purge in TW? For real...

If one class or two classes are fun to play, and every other class is not fun to play, everyone will play those two classes. And maybe a few play the others that are only required, by necessity. And this makes for fail, and I suspect we will be seeing this shortly.

I've been doing BH51 on my BM... I frequently squad with 2-3 Sins, a cleric, and a barb.

Usually the barb wears vendor armor, has a TT axe, and no skills, the cleric heals the barb, I take aggro every single time from the barb, the cleric keeps healing the barb, I kill the mob, boss, or whatever, and have to spend a bunch on repairs, pots, and therapy.

Fail levels rising...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    this may be (literly) the 50th thread I've seen on this topic, but i can feel it.

this is the one that's going to make PWI change from the years of neglecting suggestions, bugs, and imbalances.

this thread is the one guys, i can feel it
  • Altamiria - Heavens Tear
    Altamiria - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    5.0 is not broken in the PvP sense.... Assassins are to an extent

what is broken is all of the instances... so

how to solve assassin problem :
    simple take one of the AOEs on each class and have them require no target -

Blademaster :
    Roar of the Pride

Wizard :
    The Dragon's Breath

Archer :
    Wingspan

Cleric :
    Siren's Kiss

Barb :
    (already has one I think)

Venomancer :
    Myriad Rainbow

Psychic :
    Aqua Cannon

Assassin :
    Earthen Rift

as far as PVE related simply adjust the defense values of some of the bosses in instances to make physical attacks less effective
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    A little problem here... Slingshots and Crossbows are class restricted to Archer, but Bows aren't. And nobody QQ's when there isn't an archer in the squad in FCC and I use a bow on my Veno to oneshot the hands, especially when a fail sin gets himself, the cleric, and me killed. Was magic that there wasn't a full party wipe.

Should bows be class restricted to Archer only? (I have mixed feelings about them, but I use a bow on ALL of my characters, except psy and cleric right now, so...)

And btw, a Barb with the starter bamboo bow is just epic. It looks like a toy...

Actually, I was kind of surprised that slingshots are restricted, they seem like the kind of ranged weapon an Untamed would use. I also don't see why Assassins can't use claws, or why Clerics can't use Clubs/Maces and Spears, and still use skills. I'm not arguing that restricting fists & claws will fix the 5aps issue, I'm simply mentioning that, as BMs do get fist & claw specific specialties, I can see how it would make sense in theory, for restricting fists & claws to fix the problem. But, in practice it will solve nothing, because, as has been said before, people will just make BM alts for such purposes.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    tuvoc777 wrote: »
    ok there is nothing wrong with 5 aps. the problem is with barbs they need upgraded aggro skills so they can keep aggro from the DD's this in my opinion would fix alot of problems and make the normal barb vit build the right build for BARBS. i also think they should make fists/claws a BM only weapon type. this though would upset the fist archers/barbs etc. soooo pwi needs to let these ppl send in tickets to get free restat notes and unbinding charms for there aps gear so they can sell it to refund there money.and they could go back to there classes intended weapon/gear. :D

you're not too bright, are you?

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011

What do you get out of posting that donkey?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2011

people these days aren't bright at all

why do so many people insist that 5aps is essential to kill somebody...

also they qq about being 1shot from wizards when wearing tt99 ornaments for interval bonus...

a few days ago a sin told me pvp isn't fun...no exciting fights anymore...everything is over in a few seconds...b:shutup
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    What do you get out of posting that donkey?

well, you just put your name on the "not so bright" list. Seems to grow fast these days. But to answer your question: I save my time and maybe make ppl think before posting without wall-o-text explaining where they're wrong.

a few days ago a sin told me pvp isn't fun...no exciting fights anymore...everything is over in a few seconds..

was that cheze? lol

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    well, you just put your name on the "not so bright" list. Seems to grow fast these days. But to answer your question: I save my time and maybe make ppl think before posting without wall-o-text explaining where they're wrong.

was that cheze? lol

nope...

cheze seems to still have much fun **** heavy armor classes within a few seconds without even demon sparking...b:shutup
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    LOL.
    PvP on LC messed up by a carebear from our server. Skill is skill no matter the server. When it's combined with cash + a OP class by design...well, have fun, lol.
    Chezedude is one of a kind, I know, I felt his arrows in Calamity vs Equinox TWs a lot, my wiz's Earth Shield still has scratches ....*waves hand at chezedude.

When he posted a vid with TT3-3 solo with his archer PWI nerfed the 3-3 in a few months. Let's see what they do to Sins now that he basically roflpwns HA with skills attk. What chance a LA/Robe could have against that? hihi, ya, balance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I haven't been on the forum in months and there's still these trashy "fix ____" topics around? Things don't change at all do they. Things will only be fixed if the devs want it to be fixed, and if they wanted it, it would have been done a while ago.
    this may be (literly) the 50th thread I've seen on this topic, but i can feel it.

this is the one that's going to make PWI change from the years of neglecting suggestions, bugs, and imbalances.

this thread is the one guys, i can feel it

QFT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Happy Chirese New Year