Assaucesin vs. Calvin: Lingzi's argument !!!

Lingzi - Lost City
Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Twilight Temple (West)
ok i watched tat asaucesin fighting calvin video. n we all know that the vid last very long n ppl get impatient. n assaucesin ended up losing.

i cannot just sit here n say nothing, i need to protect our assassin class' legacy.

imagine a sin as a ninja. ninja dont do open fights like in naruto. naruto aint a ninja. instead, sins r patient who infiltrate enemy bases during the night and staying out of sight. sins r more like characters from Tenchu or metal gears, u hide n u strike from behind. n your strikes r fatal.

the point im trying to make here is this word: 'patience'. Assaucesin is running around not atking calvin kuz he is waiting for a chance to do the ultimate fatal strike tats so strong it can kill calvin and without calvin retaliating. its like a ninja.

and assaucesin lost kuz everyone is pressuring him to unstealth n stuffs, n even adroit is implying tat he needs to go to school soon n had to end the video. so yea, this isnt a fair fight. i believe assaucesin can beat calvin, just need ppl to stop pressuring him n give him more time.

remember Sniper Fox from MGS1, she can stay there motionless for 2 weeks just to snipe someone. tats a true assassin: patience
Post edited by Lingzi - Lost City on

Comments

• Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Calvin is already aware that Assaucesin is there and is attempting to kill him. If it was an assassination attempt, Sauce would have pulled out at that point and waited for another time when Calvin's guard is lower. But no, this was suppose to be a 1v1 fight. Instead Calvin spent most of his time prancing around waiting to get attacked while Sauce sat on his *** waiting for cooldowns to end. Showing that Sauce really doesn't have much skill with his class, instead relying on how easy mode sins are.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    patience is skill !!!
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol stealth is just broken. If you don't set a rule beforehand in the 1v1 on how long the sin can stay stealthed (any longer is forfeiting), then when losing, a sin can always perma stealth and afk for a week.
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    patience is a virtue !!!

C:

I was saw the fight, and I have more respect for cheze because he didn't stealth :/
    It doesn't take much skill to hide 50% of the time.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    C:

I was saw the fight, and I have more respect for cheze because he didn't stealth :/
    It doesn't take much skill to hide 50% of the time.

+1 this
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ok i watched tat asaucesin fighting calvin video. n we all know that the vid last very long n ppl get impatient. n assaucesin ended up losing.

i cannot just sit here n say nothing, i need to protect our assassin class' legacy.

imagine a sin as a ninja. ninja dont do open fights like in naruto. naruto aint a ninja. instead, sins r patient who infiltrate enemy bases during the night and staying out of sight. sins r more like characters from Tenchu or metal gears, u hide n u strike from behind. n your strikes r fatal.

the point im trying to make here is this word: 'patience'. Assaucesin is running around not atking calvin kuz he is waiting for a chance to do the ultimate fatal strike tats so strong it can kill calvin and without calvin retaliating. its like a ninja.

and assaucesin lost kuz everyone is pressuring him to unstealth n stuffs, n even adroit is implying tat he needs to go to school soon n had to end the video. so yea, this isnt a fair fight. i believe assaucesin can beat calvin, just need ppl to stop pressuring him n give him more time.

remember Sniper Fox from MGS1, she can stay there motionless for 2 weeks just to snipe someone. tats a true assassin: patience

You are an assasin NOT a ninja. You dont use a sword you use a dagger. Please stop thinking you are SUPOSED to be "like a ninja". If you want to be Ninjaish make a fail blademaster and use swords only. Idiot!
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well if Assaucesin didn't hide in stealth the video would only have been 1 minute long b:chuckle.

I mean he cant even survive 1 stunlock (not even a lock its Roar of the pride + his hp bar suddenly reduced to 0). Most likely he only fights people he know he can kill in one "ultimate fatal strike" (that's still 95% of the server lol) so he doesn't have any genie skills to stay alive if it fails, he never had to learn how to kite either. I'm guessing his refines are pretty low to, seeing how squishy he is.

I agree about the stress factor tho. Having someone in party chatt calling you bad and giving you shiet while 20 mil is at stake, probably doesn't help your performance.
  • thorrr
    thorrr Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto says:

"Naruto (NARUTO—ナルト—?, romanized as NARUTO) is an ongoing Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Masashi Kishimoto. The plot tells the story of Naruto Uzumaki, an adolescent ninja who constantly searches for recognition and aspires to become a Hokage, the ninja in his village that is acknowledged as the leader and the strongest of all."

Not only he IS a ninja, He also got a career in it and his goal to be the best ninja.
    Lawyerd.
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Nice missing my entire point. Stop watching cartoons on Saturday and go get a job. This is PWI or Saturday morning cartoons? The point I am making is this is NOT a cartoon, it is PWI and that is what I was quoting stupid blue name char.
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Nice quoting wikipedia which is fail. Anyone can write something in there and it is "fact"....just lol.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    never ever quote wikipedia !!!, i can go write Naruto being a jew, n then someone quote it. does that make sense in the end? NO!!! never quote from wikipedia.

and ok heres my arguments after reading everyone's comment.

ok so Cheze is seen as 'skillful' kuz he didnt stealth alot.

Assaucesin is seen as 'not skillful' kuz he stealthed.

i have to argue that assaucein is more skillful than cheze. therefore i back up my argument by asking u all to compare their gears. so cheze has superior gears over assascein's meaning tat he dont have to rely of stealth in order to win calvin.

but wat makes assaucein a more skillful sin? u may ask.

kuz assaucein knows his own weaknesses that he cannot survive a fight without stealth, as assassins r frail class which can be easily killed by an class. he is able to mix stealth as a defence and a suprise fatal atk as an offence to win calvin.

cheze on the other hand, is a CSer, no skill is needed to win calvin, neither does sealth.

so if u look carefully who can kill calvin faster... i'd say its assaucesin. if his plan worked n u guys did not pressure him, he'd have killed calvin within 3 sec. unlike cheze, who is less skillful, just atk mindlessly, n won anyway kuz his gears r overly superior.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    never ever quote wikipedia !!!, i can go write Naruto being a jew, n then someone quote it. does that make sense in the end? NO!!! never quote from wikipedia.

i have to argue that assaucein is more skillful than cheze. therefore i back up my argument by asking u all to compare their gears. so cheze has superior gears over assascein's meaning tat he dont have to rely of stealth in order to win calvin.

kuz assaucein knows his own weaknesses that he cannot survive a fight without stealth, as assassins r frail class which can be easily killed by an class. he is able to mix stealth as a defence and a suprise fatal atk as an offence to win calvin.

cheze on the other hand, is a CSer, no skill is needed to win calvin, neither does sealth.

so if u look carefully who can kill calvin faster... i'd say its assaucesin. if his plan worked n u guys did not pressure him, he'd have killed calvin within 3 sec. unlike cheze, who is less skillful, just atk mindlessly, n won anyway kuz his gears r overly superior.

are you that good a troll or just stupid? I really can't tell b:surrender
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Me thinks Lingzi confused what makes a "non fail" character with a "fail' character. Assassins are "frail"? so are wizards, archers, and clerics (respectively) They still manage plenty well against bms and barbs just fine without stealth. The reason no one is proud of sauce is because it takes zero (that's right zero) skill to sit stealth for (ever?) The point is, one on one Cheze can hold out longer unstealthed than sauce. (and about gear and refines? if you have a big enough mouth to accept a challenge for 20mil, better bring your A game and not just rely on "one end all move" (no one who actually plays this game has just one way of beating every class because it doesn't always work, and thus you need to know what to do when it doesn't.

are you that good a troll or just stupid? I really can't tell
    nobody knows...it's a myyyyssstterrrryyyyyyyy
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2011

First off, patience is a virtue not a skill.
    And second, it's not that Assaucesin used stealth. It's that he used it then flew around doing nothing waiting for cooldowns.

So his plan of hitting a few buttons to win didn't work do to pressure? Pretty sure Calvin's reaction to the attack and gear difference was what caused it not to work. Also Cheze didn't mindlessly autoattack. Looked like he put some thought into what he did.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    troll or just stupid? im neither, i dont troll n im not stupid, i just write my own views kuz im angry b:angry n im definitely not stupid, im in fact very intelligent.
  • reebokedge
    reebokedge Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    troll or just stupid? im neither, i dont troll n im not stupid, i just write my own views kuz im angry b:angry n im definitely not stupid, im in fact very intelligent.
    is that why everytime you post I want to strangle a small asian child?
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2011

I would not sweat what other people have said so far in this thread. Having read all the posts, they have not structured a convincing argrument against the points you raised. There are a couple good counter-points but most of it seems to be uncritical, pointless flaming.
    Me thinks Lingzi confused what makes a "non fail" character with a "fail' character. Assassins are "frail"? so are wizards, archers, and clerics (respectively) They still manage plenty well against bms and barbs just fine without stealth. The reason no one is proud of sauce is because it takes zero (that's right zero) skill to sit stealth for (ever?) The point is, one on one Cheze can hold out longer unstealthed than sauce. (and about gear and refines? if you have a big enough mouth to accept a challenge for 20mil, better bring your A game and not just rely on "one end all move" (no one who actually plays this game has just one way of beating every class because it doesn't always work, and thus you need to know what to do when it doesn't.

They manage well against BMs and barbs because they have different strengths and pvp strategies - they kite, stun/silence, attack from a distance, have good phy defence buffs, and hit like a truck. As much as I hate sins, surprise is a big part of their game so I don't blame them for taking advantage of stealth to maximize their potential to win. What is more, if it is true what people are saying about sauce having worse refines than Cheze and Calvin.....why the hell would he not take FULL advantage of his character's abilities to compensate for this weakness which includes using stealth to hide after a failed attack in order to wait for his skills to cool down, and to make another sneak attack from a different direction to maximize his characters abilities.

Sure, I got bored waiting for something to happen as well, but I would think a lot less of sauce if he just stood there wailing on Calvin like some simple one-dimensional melee character, and relying only on OP gear/refines to save his butt.

Also, regardless of whether it had any impact on the outcome or not, having impatient people nagging away would definitely be an annoying and unnecessary distraction that would **** me off too, particularly with 20m on the line.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    zzz (further derail) naruto is a ninja as much as edward is a vampire
    and about wikipedia; good luck writing naruto is a jew without getting that removes in a few min or hour; i would rather trust something accepted by most people than something written by one...

on topic (merely trying to justify this post):
    if his plan worked n u guys did not pressure him

patience is a virtue and so is the ability to ignore provocative comments and execute ur plan.
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2011

You always troll now that you've gone all white named, "vietxtguy's dead" remember that one? I said that was TFU too even though I don't know him other than being pk'd
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited January 2011

That was painful to read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    They manage well against BMs and barbs because they have different strengths and pvp strategies - they kite, stun/silence, attack from a distance, have good phy defence buffs, and hit like a truck. As much as I hate sins, surprise is a big part of their game so I don't blame them for taking advantage of stealth to maximize their potential to win. What is more, if it is true what people are saying about sauce having worse refines than Cheze and Calvin.....why the hell would he not take FULL advantage of his character's abilities to compensate for this weakness which includes using stealth to hide after a failed attack in order to wait for his skills to cool down, and to make another sneak attack from a different direction to maximize his characters abilities.

Sure, I got bored waiting for something to happen as well, but I would think a lot less of sauce if he just stood there wailing on Calvin like some simple one-dimensional melee character, and relying only on OP gear/refines to save his butt.

Also, regardless of whether it had any impact on the outcome or not, having impatient people nagging away would definitely be an annoying and unnecessary distraction that would **** me off too, particularly with 20m on the line.

True on both your points, i'm not arguing that sins should never stealth (it's the same as saying barbs should never turtle, or bms should never stun) I just think that it should be with a purpose, not "merely" to wait out a cool down. That falls under being '" a one trick pony" in my book, "only" because in that case it seems that he was unable to adapt to his "mega kill skill" being ineffective. That's all ^^

and yes, lots of people like to flame Lingzi, it is undecided if he is a troll, small boy, or generally believes what he says.
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It's pretty obvious that everything Lingzi says is true,
    and nothing I say is true.
  • Trey_B - Lost City
    Trey_B - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    hey where did you all find the video i want to see itfind it on youtube
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Nice missing my entire point. Stop watching cartoons on Saturday and go get a job. This is PWI or Saturday morning cartoons? The point I am making is this is NOT a cartoon, it is Serious Business and that is what I was quoting stupid blue name char.

Fixed.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2011

and that would have made a much better vid.
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    True on both your points, i'm not arguing that sins should never stealth (it's the same as saying barbs should never turtle, or bms should never stun) I just think that it should be with a purpose, not "merely" to wait out a cool down. That falls under being '" a one trick pony" in my book, "only" because in that case it seems that he was unable to adapt to his "mega kill skill" being ineffective. That's all ^^

and yes, lots of people like to flame Lingzi, it is undecided if he is a troll, small boy, or generally believes what he says.

I still personally don't have a problem with him stealthing to wait out cool-down times but I see what you are saying and its a good point about the need of a skilled player to be versitile. I can't argue with that.
    Fixed.
    b:avoid

*shock* when did Hamsta return to the forums? (or at least to post with that character lol)
  • xposed1
    xposed1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It's called variation in strategy when the strategy you are using is no good. Why would you keep doing the same strategy if its not working. Obviously assaucesins strategy of stealth 3 spark occult didn't work the first time so why do it again?

Cheze shows much more skill in his gameplay. If you look at the nykage vs cheeze vid you can see him sleep glitch more crit and than pk nykage. Glitching, especially in pvp requires pretty good timing under pressure to do it right and is more than anything I've seen Lingzi or assaucesin do

b:bye
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    xposed1 wrote: »
    It's called variation in strategy when the strategy you are using is no good. Why would you keep doing the same strategy if its not working. Obviously assaucesins strategy of stealth 3 spark occult didn't work the first time so why do it again?

Cheze shows much more skill in his gameplay. If you look at the nykage vs cheeze vid you can see him sleep glitch more crit and than pk nykage. Glitching, especially in pvp requires pretty good timing under pressure to do it right and is more than anything I've seen Lingzi or assaucesin do

b:bye

ok so occult ice n sdemon spark didnt work, why does assaucesin does it again? its simple, becos when he lands his original atks, calvin uses domain. therefore assasucien stealthed back. and since domain has a long cool down, asaucesin can recover his chi n ginie hp to to another successful strike. tats all.

n wat do u mean by glitching? is tat a form of skill combo or just using game glitches to win?
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    btw i wanna share with eryone how i PVP n how i do it like a real ninja.

so a barb is standing there, all of a sudden u see a dark cloud around him n then 2 secs later, hes dead. the cloud dissapears. the killer is nowhere to be seen, she vanished.

so wat exactly happened? i do my best to boost my atk power while in stealth n then use all my amp skills possible to kill this barb quickly. so this cloud is actually my mire. barb dies and i stealthed back before mire even dissapears. tats fast n tats ninja. barb dont even have the chance to run or fight back kuz its too fast. i can kill lvl 100 barbs within 3 secs.

tats ninja, tats when u make good use of your stealth n your atk power.