Calvin vs Elayne

13»

Comments

• reebokedge
    reebokedge Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    calvin 1v1 My Bm For Fun.

Btw Show Me A Ss Of Elayne Agreeing To The Bet Or Shove It Up Your Asses.

This Is Like Big Mouth Titeo Asking For Money When I Told Ounniee To Not Give Me Any After I Beat Him First Round Cuz I Never Agreed To Money I Play For Fun.

Ya Cuz Susamajii Nid Mony
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    No, not at all. The older generation deserves a lot more respect than ours that's for sure. A 40-year-old man playing a fairy video game is an exception.

As for mage vs bm 1v1 the fight is actually quite fair considering mages have this thing called range. Elayne has no idea how to kite because most of his pvp consists of him being healed and buffed constantly. A BM is useless unless they can reach you. With +30 attack levels and cheap rank8/9 ranged classes are a ton harder to fight against than before. Honestly the stigma towards kiting in this community is sad. It's apart of pvp and you aren't weaker because you won't stand there and take it like a man.

Lol, you think range matters that much?
    Sorry to break it to you, but BMs can blink too, more than we can, it's 7 second cooldown for both their tiger leaps, and combined together, it's as much as the demon version of Distance shrink.

Look again at Calvins gear, aside from him being the best BM in this server, he is built to destroy mages.

If Elayne blinks, he can either tiger leap twice to catch, or he's using his sprints.

Occult Ice works from some range too.

Take a look at the fight again, the only thing Elayne has is Domain, which is a 3 minute cooldown, to save him.
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Lol, you think range matters that much?
    Sorry to break it to you, but BMs can blink too, more than we can, it's 7 second cooldown for both their tiger leaps, and combined together, it's as much as the demon version of Distance shrink.

Look again at Calvins gear, aside from him being the best BM in this server, he is built to destroy mages.

If Elayne blinks, he can either tiger leap twice to catch, or he's using his sprints.

Occult Ice works from some range too.

Take a look at the fight again, the only thing Elayne has is Domain, which is a 3 minute cooldown, to save him.

A warrior that shards defense and magic defense isn't built to destroy mages... that makes no sense what so ever. He shards magic defense instead of hp because it is cheaper and warriors benefit from extra mdef. Just because he doesn't shard hp like the majority of BMs doesn't mean he is built for mages. Plenty of other classes have magic attacks so it can be smart to shard mdef. Actually with undine sharding hp is better than sharding mdef.

I'm not sure why only the essence mages are defending elayne. You guys look bad saying a mage can't kite a bm. Go watch nurfed's videos or someone who knows the basics of kiting. A bm has 2 leaps that are 40 chi to cast together. A sprint that has a minute cooldown and another that costs a spark. None of these work very good in the air. I'm not sure if the rules are ground only (calvin was flying) but if I was a mage the first thing I would do is take the fight to the air. You can still fight a BM on the ground but you need to kite and steal chi until he is low. Make him use drake bash and then immune. You can easily attack once and run without getting hit. Wait till he is about to tick before you do anything fancy. You might even get a lucky crit while kiting.

The excuses you guys use are pretty funny. His genie is bad? He has full +10 armor and +12 weapon but you are telling me his genie is bad? Genies are apart of your gear and it's no ones fault he doesn't know what a mages genie needs.

Occult ice requires a decent amount of strength for it to be effective. You really only have enough hp/regen to use it sparingly. You guys act like he can occult ice every stun lock and even combo them together.
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Calvin 1v1 my BM for fun.

BTW show me a ss of Elayne agreeing to the bet or shove it up your asses.

This is like big mouth TiTeo asking for money when i told Ounniee to not give me any after i beat him first round cuz i never agreed to money i play for fun.

If Elayne would have won, he would have expected Calvin to pay up.

Now since most of these people posting are from the Essence faction, they're of course defending their leader. Pay up and show good sportsmanship. (not like he doesn't have 20mil to spare. Lol.....)
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
  • Ignation - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    A warrior that shards defense and magic defense isn't built to destroy mages... that makes no sense what so ever. He shards magic defense instead of hp because it is cheaper and warriors benefit from extra mdef. Just because he doesn't shard hp like the majority of BMs doesn't mean he is built for mages. Plenty of other classes have magic attacks so it can be smart to shard mdef. Actually with undine sharding hp is better than sharding mdef.

I'm not sure why only the essence mages are defending elayne. You guys look bad saying a mage can't kite a bm. Go watch nurfed's videos or someone who knows the basics of kiting. A bm has 2 leaps that are 40 chi to cast together. A sprint that has a minute cooldown and another that costs a spark. None of these work very good in the air. I'm not sure if the rules are ground only (calvin was flying) but if I was a mage the first thing I would do is take the fight to the air. You can still fight a BM on the ground but you need to kite and steal chi until he is low. Make him use drake bash and then immune. You can easily attack once and run without getting hit. Wait till he is about to tick before you do anything fancy. You might even get a lucky crit while kiting.

The excuses you guys use are pretty funny. His genie is bad? He has full +10 armor and +12 weapon but you are telling me his genie is bad? Genies are apart of your gear and it's no ones fault he doesn't know what a mages genie needs.

Occult ice requires a decent amount of strength for it to be effective. You really only have enough hp/regen to use it sparingly. You guys act like he can occult ice every stun lock and even combo them together.

I'm not defending Elayne, I think he did a lot of wrong things in the fight, I mentioned that to everyone.

You think kiting is easy? since when did videos of pk show you what a mage is really about?

If you are gonna base how good a mage is with his/her videos, I dunno what to say to you.

PK videos are always about the best fight of that Mage, doesn't really show you a lot.

Pretty sure I've fought Calvin billions of times, I can't kite him that easily, and I die in seconds.

I used to have fortify and faith, pretty sure those saved me for some time, not for the whole fight.

Not gonna say I'm a good Mage, I'm average tbh, but I do know my class and I know this:

Everytime I seal, I tend to gush + WoTP and blink away.
    Everytime I fought Calvin, I seal and blink. Why? Because of his lawbreaker.

True that HP > Sapphire shards and Defense gems.
    When my wep used to be +10, I used to hit him 3k crits.

I saw Amour fight Calvin, Amour beat him once out of what? 5 times? That's if I recall correctly.

So please, don't tell me about my class, I know damn well how to survive and what to do, but even with that, I can barely kill Calvin.

Edit: About the nurfed comment, I saw his videos, he has 1 combo, sutra sieze, pretty sure if he doesn't kill his target, he'll end up being slaughtered. And his video is pre rank 8 where there was no 5.0, at least that's the video I watched.
    Maybe the barbs + BMs there suck, who knows? Saying look at this video is like saying " this footballer is amazing, look at his 3 minute video" where its a completion of 3-4 seasons.
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    @ Susa

I don't even ask Elayne for the money anymore. If you want to 1v1 me, put money on it then I 1v1 you. If not, you can go to west gate and find some BM to pk with.b:bye
  • reebokedge
    reebokedge Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    @ Susa

I don't even ask Elayne for the money anymore. If you want to 1v1 me, put money on it then I 1v1 you. If not, you can go to west gate and find some BM to pk with.b:bye

b:laugh

ITT: Everyone in essence lolmad Elayne got pooped on
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    I'm not defending Elayne, I think he did a lot of wrong things in the fight, I mentioned that to everyone.

You think kiting is easy? since when did videos of pk show you what a mage is really about?

If you are gonna base how good a mage is with his/her videos, I dunno what to say to you.

PK videos are always about the best fight of that Mage, doesn't really show you a lot.

Pretty sure I've fought Calvin billions of times, I can't kite him that easily, and I die in seconds.

I used to have fortify and faith, pretty sure those saved me for some time, not for the whole fight.

Not gonna say I'm a good Mage, I'm average tbh, but I do know my class and I know this:

Everytime I seal, I tend to gush + WoTP and blink away.
    Everytime I fought Calvin, I seal and blink. Why? Because of his lawbreaker.

True that HP > Sapphire shards and Defense gems.
    When my wep used to be +10, I used to hit him 3k crits.

I saw Amour fight Calvin, Amour beat him once out of what? 5 times? That's if I recall correctly.

So please, don't tell me about my class, I know damn well how to survive and what to do, but even with that, I can barely kill Calvin.

Edit: About the nurfed comment, I saw his videos, he has 1 combo, sutra sieze, pretty sure if he doesn't kill his target, he'll end up being slaughtered. And his video is pre rank 8 where there was no 5.0, at least that's the video I watched.
    Maybe the barbs + BMs there suck, who knows? Saying look at this video is like saying " this footballer is amazing, look at his 3 minute video" where its a completion of 3-4 seasons.
    Nurfed might have 1 combo but he is good enough to stay alive and build chi to use it. Having one combo isn't a bad thing if it works and you can kite and try again. I'm not sure why you think a highlight video is biased in terms of kiting. I'm pretty sure if you are good you are kiting at the same level constantly. It's not like one fight you suck at kiting and another you don't.

Were you fighting calvin on the ground? Honestly I have no idea how you can't kite a melee class. Sure we got a ranged stun but you can now remove that stun at any point which IMO is harder for a bm. Also you can't use occult ice constantly due to the high str requirements so it's not like 5 minutes into a fight you're going be getting constantly stunned by occult.

If you watch how long calvin has to stunlock elayne to kill him it is actually almost identical to the time it took to kill a 9x mage with GX. Actually, mages could get 1 shot by zerk yet they SOMEHOW provided very fun 1v1 fights against BMs. Learn to survive. Learn to not attack AT ALL unless you know you can get away. Save your defensive skills for defense. Ie. Elayne don't immune out of a stunlock and then use a 6 second immune to cast an ulti. Hurr durr now you are ****ed. Sutra is almost always a better choice against a BM.

I liked the part where Elayne sutra'd when calvin was immune.

EDIT:

I'll give you guys a hint. To stunlock a mage you pretty much need occult ice. To remove seal you need lawbreaker. With a high str genie to use both those skills your genie will be empty fast and won't restore close to as fast as a good casters genie. Get in the air or kite his sprints and then seal on cooldown. Make him use lawbreaker. Let him leap from max range and then seal. He is going to be in a bad spot if he doesn't use lawbreaker. If you can get him to use his energy on lawbreaker and maybe immune/survive 1 or 2 occult ices you have a ton of time to kill him since he won't be able to stun you for more than 6 seconds which you better be able to survive.
  • Ignation - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Nurfed might have 1 combo but he is good enough to stay alive and build chi to use it. Having one combo isn't a bad thing if it works and you can kite and try again. I'm not sure why you think a highlight video is biased in terms of kiting. I'm pretty sure if you are good you are kiting at the same level constantly. It's not like one fight you suck at kiting and another you don't.

Were you fighting calvin on the ground? Honestly I have no idea how you can't kite a melee class. Sure we got a ranged stun but you can now remove that stun at any point which IMO is harder for a bm. Also you can't use occult ice constantly due to the high str requirements so it's not like 5 minutes into a fight you're going be getting constantly stunned by occult.

If you watch how long calvin has to stunlock elayne to kill him it is actually almost identical to the time it took to kill a 9x mage with GX. Actually, mages could get 1 shot by zerk yet they SOMEHOW provided very fun 1v1 fights against BMs. Learn to survive. Learn to not attack AT ALL unless you know you can get away. Save your defensive skills for defense. Ie. Elayne don't immune out of a stunlock and then use a 6 second immune to cast an ulti. Hurr durr now you are ****ed. Sutra is almost always a better choice against a BM.

I liked the part where Elayne sutra'd when calvin was immune.

Everytime I fought Calvin, it was in the air.

I know my class thank you very much, I know how to kite, I know my defensive skills and offensive skills.

I know how to play my class, and no, 1 combo is the worst thing a Mage can have, "I sutra MT + begin bashing my face on the keyboard" If that doesn't work, nice not havin enough chi, 1-2 blinks and you are all out of chi.

Whirlwind, have you not heard of it? Occult Ice has some range broski.

Everytime I fight Calvin, I resist a stun, kite = need 30 seconds for my fortify to be off cooldown, now what do I have? Should I keep kiting? Not attack? Becuase one stun will almost guarantee my death.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Everytime I fought Calvin, it was in the air.

I know my class thank you very much, I know how to kite, I know my defensive skills and offensive skills.

I know how to play my class, and no, 1 combo is the worst thing a Mage can have, "I sutra MT + begin bashing my face on the keyboard" If that doesn't work, nice not havin enough chi, 1-2 blinks and you are all out of chi.

Whirlwind, have you not heard of it? Occult Ice has some range broski.

Everytime I fight Calvin, I resist a stun, kite = need 30 seconds for my fortify to be off cooldown, now what do I have? Should I keep kiting? Not attack? Becuase one stun will almost guarantee my death.

Whirlwind is a 1 second paralyze, leap? Look at my above edit.
  • Ignation - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Whirlwind is a 1 second paralyze, leap? Look at my above edit.

Discussing how to kite or strategies to avoid being stun locked doesn't really do much.
    Everytime I came at Calvin or some high refined BM with a strategy, I tend to lose.

How good of a player you are doesn't show in your strategies, it shows on how you re-act to the 1v1, how creative you are.

Like I said, sticking to 1 thing that will get you killed if it doesn't work, doesn't make someone a good mage.

1 Second paralyze can be the difference between being stunned or living.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Self buffs only makes it very hard on the mage in a mage vs BM battle, a good BM has 8-10 mdef (I have 8k self buffed with +4 and +6 orns calvins would be 13k+ with marrow), the mages pdef is still decent self buffed with stone barrier but the rest of the survival buffs a mage can have in pvp is still lacking (another 135%-150% pdef from demon/sage bell and vanguard and of course the barbs HP buff) without the extra buffs I can 1 stun kill 90% of the mages on the server and those I cant kill in 1 stun I can catch dropping with bolt and kill in 3 stuns. The mages options are somewhat more limited as they need to lower the BM's hp, seal and then kill the BM during the seal time assuming he does drop through the seal all of which you have 1-3 attacks for.

Mages are stronger in group PvP mostly because BM's have to consider more carefully if marrowing is a good idea as with multiple +12 weapons both physical and magical damage based you can die very fast if you pick the wrong option in large scale battles.

I am a fairly low refined pure ST fist build, just under 12k hp unbuffed and +6 neck +4 belt (mdef) and +11 HH100 fist and with my gear I can 1v1 a rank9 +12 mage with no issues I am even able to tank triple sparked hits and if I get off a 2-3 stun combo (roar+occult+bash usually) after making them use their AD I can even kill a fully +10 armored rank9 mage.

From what I read about Calvins gear he should have no troubles with mages (well appart from the normal getting enough stuns off to kill issue that all BM's have in BM vs mage battles). BM's are a strong 1v1 class played correctly, sins being marginally better due to more control skills and good damage. Was some interesting battles to watch, oh and devoted I agree nurfed could have done better as could a lot of LC mages as the timings of the mages skills where a bit random
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Only people I have trouble with chasing/stun locking right now would be...
    AgentZero/Pharaoh/Ounniee/kelbin/Asiris

These people sometimes I am lucky I can lock them and kill :
    Amour/Adroit

PS. Elayne has a new genie copied from Pharaoh b:laugh
  • Ignation - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Self buffs only makes it very hard on the mage in a mage vs BM battle, a good BM has 8-10 mdef (I have 8k self buffed with +4 and +6 orns calvins would be 13k+ with marrow), the mages pdef is still decent self buffed with stone barrier but the rest of the survival buffs a mage can have in pvp is still lacking (another 135%-150% pdef from demon/sage bell and vanguard and of course the barbs HP buff) without the extra buffs I can 1 stun kill 90% of the mages on the server and those I cant kill in 1 stun I can catch dropping with bolt and kill in 3 stuns. The mages options are somewhat more limited as they need to lower the BM's hp, seal and then kill the BM during the seal time assuming he does drop through the seal all of which you have 1-3 attacks for.

Mages are stronger in group PvP mostly because BM's have to consider more carefully if marrowing is a good idea as with multiple +12 weapons both physical and magical damage based you can die very fast if you pick the wrong option in large scale battles.

I am a fairly low refined pure ST fist build, just under 12k hp unbuffed and +6 neck +4 belt (mdef) and +11 HH100 fist and with my gear I can 1v1 a rank9 +12 mage with no issues I am even able to tank triple sparked hits and if I get off a 2-3 stun combo (roar+occult+bash usually) after making them use their AD I can even kill a fully +10 armored rank9 mage.

From what I read about Calvins gear he should have no troubles with mages (well appart from the normal getting enough stuns off to kill issue that all BM's have in BM vs mage battles). BM's are a strong 1v1 class played correctly, sins being marginally better due to more control skills and good damage. Was some interesting battles to watch, oh and devoted I agree nurfed could have done better as could a lot of LC mages as the timings of the mages skills where a bit random

Thank you for clearing up what I kinda wanted to say.

Blinking can be tricky, especially if you are under the pressure.
    Elayne did well blinking away tbh, don't see why people are talking about his kiting skills, other than the mistake of bringing the fight to the ground.

Edit @Calvin: You make me look bad, I hate you.
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited January 2011

Then tell Elayne to shut the yoyo up when he has 304934 body guards cover him.

Also, I don't really take advice from horrible pvper, aka u. Thank you.
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Thank you for clearing up what I kinda wanted to say.

Blinking can be tricky, especially if you are under the pressure.
    Elayne did well blinking away tbh, don't see why people are talking about his kiting skills, other than the mistake of bringing the fight to the ground.

Edit @Calvin: You make me look bad, I hate you.

Compare Adroit and Amour to Elayne, Elayne is like a lv30 mage.b:laughhis kiting skill b:pleased Let's see if Elayne wearing Adroit's gears, he would die in 2second b:bye Let's see if Elayne wearing Amour/Adroit's weapon, he can't even kill me.
  • Ignation - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Compare Adroit and Amour to Elayne, Elayne is like a lv30 mage.b:laughhis kiting skill b:pleased Let's see if Elayne wearing Adroit's gears, he would die in 2second b:bye Let's see if Elayne wearing Amour/Adroit's weapon, he can't even kill me.

Adroit is the best mage in this server after Amour.

I only came close to killing you once, I hate you -.-
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Adroit is the best mage in this server after Amour.

I only came close to killing you once, I hate you -.-

In general, Lost City's BMs are more skilled than Lost City's mages. With the existence or sins, many mages quit or rerolled. The good mages quitting 1 by 1. Not many skilled mages left tbh. Beating Amour 1v1 was my pvp goal back thenb:surrender we have been 1v1 since ...long time ago.
  • Ignation - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    In general, Lost City's BMs are more skilled than Lost City's mages. With the existence or sins, many mages quit or rerolled. The good mages quitting 1 by 1. Not many skilled mages left tbh. Beating Amour 1v1 was my pvp goal back thenb:surrender we have been 1v1 since ...long time ago.

I'm re-rolling to BM, mages = worst in pve + poo against sins.

Goodbye Ignation >:
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Theses are fun and all, but what I really would like to see is 1v1 with everyone in level 1 gears.
  • Djoulz - Lost City
    Djoulz - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2011

i've been wanting to kill you for so long... that would be my goal :(

damn you, calvin b:surrender