Calvin vs Elayne

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Calvin you a lot better than before b:cute

You use leaps which is good because so few BMs use them but you seem to be using them just because you have them. If you are slowed on the ground and have no sprints it's almost better to back off the fight until you have a sprint than try to catch a mage with leaps without using occult ice. A good mage will just leap back if you try to catch them with forward leap -> reverse backward leap -> stun. Good leaps > leaps > no leaps.

Also, stack your stuns on mages. You know when they are stunned they are spamming distance shrink so make sure you use occult ice before the stun runs out and vice versa. You probably could have killed elayne earlier in the first fight if you drake bashed before occult wore off.

If using bolt against mages make sure you seal or else it's pretty useless. I'm proud of you using it when he was falling though. b:dirty
  • reebokedge
    reebokedge Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    WHY CAN'T YOU JUST KEEP THIS ALL IN ONE THREAD
    MOTHER****ER
    asdasga
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Calvin you a lot better than before b:cute

You use leaps which is good because so few BMs use them but you seem to be using them just because you have them. If you are slowed on the ground and have no sprints it's almost better to back off the fight until you have a sprint than try to catch a mage with leaps without using occult ice. A good mage will just leap back if you try to catch them with forward leap -> reverse backward leap -> stun. Good leaps > leaps > no leaps.

Also, stack your stuns on mages. You know when they are stunned they are spamming distance shrink so make sure you use occult ice before the stun runs out and vice versa. You probably could have killed elayne earlier in the first fight if you drake bashed before occult wore off.

If using bolt against mages make sure you seal or else it's pretty useless. I'm proud of you using it when he was falling though. b:dirty

b:thanksty for advice but ya they qq a lot about ice
    in normal pk, all his body guard have like 80+str genie to ice people for himb:chuckle

@RedsRose : ya we have a rule only selfbuff. otherwise, I have debuff pole which I have benefit. or against a veno, they can just debuff you right away and they are full buffed. there is a disadvantage to people who can't debuff.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    @ xposed1
    I actually enjoy making these videos.. and I'll be posting one of cheze vs NyKage later today or tommorow hopefully. Calvin has been in the first three because
    a) he asked
    b) he's an awesome bm thats fun to watch
    c) he actually 1v1s people

@parallelogram - there were no excuses in my post at all. I said he did pretty well imo (good fight). Nice try though
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Meivi - Lost City
    Meivi - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Sore loser.
    Worse then that, a sore loser that makes pointless excuses.
    Pretty sure many of his own fans were disappointed. <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer ~ 100 ~ Instinct
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Sore loser.
    Worse then that, a sore loser that makes pointless excuses.
    Pretty sure many of his own fans were disappointed. <_<

Elayne didn't say anything >.> This is how rumors start.
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited January 2011

When I ask him if he is betting, he started attack. That action count as admit imo.
    I don't have an official approve that Elayne accepting on that bet literally.b:cry
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    @ xposed1
    I actually enjoy making these videos.. and I'll be posting one of cheze vs NyKage later today or tommorow hopefully.

b:surrender Plz do, I love the vids.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited January 2011

He did at south when I was logged in.
  • reebokedge
    edited January 2011
    When I ask him if he is betting, he started attack. That action count as admit imo.
    I don't have an official approve that Elayne accepting on that bet literally.b:cry

as much as I find all the nerds ITT arguing over a video game cute, I do have to agree with Cally-Wally that if Calvin had lost, Elayne would've said, "Pay up."
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    1. Lolol calvin has ****ty equips? +11 2nd cast nv beserk fists and full +8 - +10 armour = ****ty?

2. Lolol calvin doesn't cs... Sure...

Nah, Calvin is pretty much full +10 (with the exception of ornis I think) with +11 2nd cast fists that are like cool looking marbles. Last I saw he was also sharded almost all saph gems.

So Calvin is probably sporting more mdef than most arcanes on the server in magmarrow.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hmm... after seeing this vid (and btw that was one nice PvP vid ;D) it proves that 3-5APS is greater than CS (If skilled enough)........

All you need is very good gear and 5aps and skill and you can't never be beaten (unless you are ganked badly).

Lastly I grats Calvin on defeating the the Essence Leader on a 1v1 PvP battle. You two put up a good fight. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Meivi - Lost City
    Meivi - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    He did at south when I was logged in.

QFT...
    >_> Also, all that genie stuff, it just sounds like a bunch of excuses. He couldn't even lose in good grace. Though I'm not sure I expected different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer ~ 100 ~ Instinct
  • reebokedge
    edited January 2011
    qft...
    >_> Also, All That Genie Stuff, It Just Sounds Like A Bunch Of Excuses. He Couldn't Even Lose In Good Grace. Though I'm Not Sure I Expected Different.

Y U No Anser Msm
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ..Lol at you all.

Calvin is built to fight mages, sapphire gems, DoDs, Lawbreaker on his genie.

Mages have seal and sleep, otherwise they don't have any control skills a WR can't negate.
    Warriors on the other hand, have anti stun, lawbreaker, marrows.

It was expected, at least that's what I thought, that Calvin will win this fight, whatever happens in between is regardless.

Elayne did do some odd moves that I personally didn't like, like wasting 2 seconds of Mountain sieze to undine, but that is kind of expected, since that's what he needed.

If Elayne had crit when Calvins HP was at half, the fight would have gone to Elayne.

APS is broken as it is, no amount of skill or CSing, or both on a Mage would change the fact that, once we are stunned, and no genie energy, then we are doomed.

Morons, learn the game before starting a fight.

Otherwise, good fight from both sides.
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • xposed1
    xposed1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ..Lol at you all.

Mages have seal and sleep, otherwise they don't have any control skills a WR can't negate.

It was expected, at least that's what I thought, that Calvin will win this fight, whatever happens in between is regardless.

Elayne did do some odd moves that I personally didn't like, like wasting 2 seconds of Mountain sieze to undine, but that is kind of expected, since that's what he needed.

If Elayne had crit when Calvins HP was at half, the fight would have gone to Elayne.

APS is broken as it is, no amount of skill or CSing, or both on a Mage would change the fact that, once we are stunned, and no genie energy, then we are doomed.

The thing is that people aren't really saying Elayne did badly in this fight. Most people are angry that Elayne purposely made his answer to betting 20 mil ambiguous so that if he lost he would not have to pay. I'm sure if he won he would have accepted the 20 mil Calvin would have sent him.

Thats pretty bad etiquette considering hes a guild leader of a main guild, and what Latrappe did to Calvin after the first fight was pretty an ******* move as well.
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    ..Lol at you all.

BM's APS is not THAT broke. Sin's APS with god of frenzy, dex can give them more dmg output which give them another benefit, come down to a really OP situation with their buff and controlling skills.

This is how I rate mages on Lost City, Amour > QuFeng / ArchEvil / Adroit > Ignation >MECHserac > others

I havn't really fight them but I think they are good also.
    LLama / Haiz

Elayne not even on the list after I 1v1 him, sorry about that. Genie wise, whatever. Skill wise, first, he doesn't get my hp down to half then ulti. Second, his ulti choice is poor. He BT me without undine, earth ulti and cast too slow to stun me before sleep's duration. He did well on paralyzing me with demon skills, not many mages can paralyze like that. Keep discussing I like to see the active forum.
  • reebokedge
    edited January 2011
    BM's APS is not THAT broke. Sin's APS with god of frenzy, dex can give them more dmg output which give them another benefit, come down to a really OP situation with their buff and controlling skills.

This is how I rate mages on Lost City, Amour > QuFeng / ArchEvil / Adroit > Ignation >MECHserac > others

LLama / Haiz

Elayne not even on the list after I 1v1 him, sorry about that. Genie wise, whatever. Skill wise, first, he doesn't get my hp down to half then ulti. Second, his ulti choice is poor. He BT me without undine, earth ulti and cast too slow to stun me before sleep's duration. He did well on paralyzing me with demon skills, not many mages can paralyze like that. Keep discussing I like to see the active forum.

LLama / Haiz
    LLama / Haiz
    LLama / Haiz
    LLama / Haiz
  • Ignation - Lost City
    edited January 2011

LLama / Haiz

Sins are way more broken than Bms, that is for sure and no one can prove otherwise.

I can use p.def charms, but that's just 1 hit, when you can hit me 2-3-4 times a second.

Magic charms on the other hand, can be used regularly because a Mage has channeling.

I'm not gonna sit here and defend Elayne, but I will talk about how every BM has an advantage against Mages, especially if the BM has full +10 and a lawbreaker genie.

Mages can sleep for 4 seconds, seal that last 4 seconds or maybe 5, and a 5 second channeling ulti that stuns for 6 seconds.

BMs have 3 stuns, occult ice and smack. giving them time to chain stun of course.

Our seal can be negated by lawbreaker with a high str genie.
    Hailstorm is only good as demon, but can be negated by using Red Sprint and chaining it with Anti-stun pot.

If we blink and try and attack, we can be smacked to silence us.

Elayne did pretty well kiting, but no amount of kiting can prevent the outcome, unless Elayne crits 3 times in a row.

What I'm trying to say here is, Mages are severely gimped 1v1.
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    hi ignation, wassup? b:laugh
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't think it's that Mages are severely gimped 1v1, it's just that BMs are much, much better 1v1. Try to 1v1 Mage vs Cleric or Mage vs Archer, and it might not be that bad for the Mage.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Ignation - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    I don't think it's that Mages are severely gimped 1v1, it's just that BMs are much, much better 1v1. Try to 1v1 Mage vs Cleric or Mage vs Archer, and it might not be that bad for the Mage.

True, against other magic classes, it evens out.

Archers on the other hand, ehh....

Stun + Quickshot is all that takes to bring me down.
    It really depends on who gets the first hit.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    I actually don't think mages are all that gimped. I think tideborn in general are OP (mainly sins), but I really don't have much trouble killing bms or any other "traditional" class for that matter. I'm not saying I always win, but I can usually put up a good fight with someone that has relatively similar gear (which is how it should be imo).
  • SlashSin - Lost City
    SlashSin - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I vote Calvin #1 BM on the server.

Elayne... Honestly lost a lot of my respect as a guild leader. Especially at the start of the last round when Calvin asked if he was ready, and he says "Yeah" while moving in to attack Calvin. Meanwhile Calvin, the good sport that he is, is asking for a countdown.

But whatever. I'm happy with the result b:pleased
    The only sin to go from 1 to 102 completely nude b:cool
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I vote Calvin #1 BM on the server.

Elayne... Honestly lost a lot of my respect as a guild leader. Especially at the start of the last round when Calvin asked if he was ready, and he says "Yeah" while moving in to attack Calvin. Meanwhile Calvin, the good sport that he is, is asking for a countdown.

But whatever. I'm happy with the result b:pleased

yea elayne dont show any sportmanship, most old ppl r like tat, so annoying
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    yea elayne dont show any sportmanship, most old ppl r like tat, so annoying

No, not at all. The older generation deserves a lot more respect than ours that's for sure. A 40-year-old man playing a fairy video game is an exception.

As for mage vs bm 1v1 the fight is actually quite fair considering mages have this thing called range. Elayne has no idea how to kite because most of his pvp consists of him being healed and buffed constantly. A BM is useless unless they can reach you. With +30 attack levels and cheap rank8/9 ranged classes are a ton harder to fight against than before. Honestly the stigma towards kiting in this community is sad. It's apart of pvp and you aren't weaker because you won't stand there and take it like a man.
  • Vongola_X - Lost City
    Vongola_X - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2011

dam i didnt make it on the list b:cry
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    @Slashsin - take a look at Calvin vs cheze.. Calvin kinda jumped the gun there. It didn't change the outcome of the fight so I don't know why anyone would make a big deal out of it honestly. Someone has to start lol.

@Devoted - Elayne was kiting (pretty well too with his poo genie imo). Only time he was taking hits was when he was stunned.. and he was blinking/holy pathing/dropping as often as possible.. Not sure what your definition of kiting is lmao.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    All in all was a good fight, though I agree that Elayne's dodging the bet was shady.

As others had said, had Elayne gotten in a lucky crit things may have turned out differently, but it seems to me like he was fighting a little weakly. I'm not saying he did bad, but I've seen wizzies (even watching Adroit when I used to play my veno once in a while) do so much more in a fight. Calvin is a hard opponent either way, and kudos to Elayne for lasting as long as he did, but I think had it been someone like Amour, or even you Adroit, it would have ended either differently, or been a slightly better fight.

I really mean no disrespect at all to the guild with this, so my apologies in advance, but it really does seem like Elayne embodies what alot of people think about most of the trash talkers (not saying he is one) in Essence, and that is that they are good in a group, but get them without a buddy and they cant handle it. Regardless, it was a good fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Calvin 1v1 my BM for fun.

BTW show me a ss of Elayne agreeing to the bet or shove it up your asses.

This is like big mouth TiTeo asking for money when i told Ounniee to not give me any after i beat him first round cuz i never agreed to money i play for fun.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.