Mystics replacing Clerics?

Comments

• Quinarella - Sanctuary
    Quinarella - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok I will admit that when I saw the Mystics Skills I was a little upset. I don't think that Clerics are being replaced but I did feel that my Cleric isn't so special anymore. The Mystics Skills are comparable the the Clerics in cast time, cooldown and mana cost with a few exceptions. The mana cost and cooldown on the Mystics Res is a little steep but they will learn how to adapt their skills like we all did. They don't have a purify and we do. Ok but there are only a few times where you absolutely need to purify. From what I have seen of the Mystic skills I am sure that they can solo heal a squad very effectively in most situations. As I think about it more there really is no reason to be upset because there is another class that can do some of what I can with my cleric. Do I get upset when there is another cleric in my squad? No, we work together to finish the job. So if in the future I happen to find a Mystic in my squad I'm sure that we will also work together to get the job done. I welcome the new Healers to the game and you never know I just might make one myself.
    NiteDream - Marshal [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok I will admit that when I saw the Mystics Skills I was a little upset. I don't think that Clerics are being replaced but I did feel that my Cleric isn't so special anymore. The Mystics Skills are comparable the the Clerics in cast time, cooldown and mana cost with a few exceptions. The mana cost and cooldown on the Mystics Res is a little steep but they will learn how to adapt their skills like we all did. They don't have a purify and we do. Ok but there are only a few times where you absolutely need to purify. From what I have seen of the Mystic skills I am sure that they can solo heal a squad very effectively in most situations. As I think about it more there really is no reason to be upset because there is another class that can do some of what I can with my cleric. Do I get upset when there is another cleric in my squad? No, we work together to finish the job. So if in the future I happen to find a Mystic in my squad I'm sure that we will also work together to get the job done. I welcome the new Healers to the game and you never know I just might make one myself.

Woah, nice commentary. (that i haven't saw for so long here)
    Many people here had so high pride for the class the played and think discussion like these as serious business. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • LadyBats - Archosaur
    LadyBats - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Tbh they cant do what we do as well as us, their aoe heal heals for less and has a6 sec cool down, so they wont be able to replace us in fc. Their heals are also expensive as hell to cast so im pretty sure they wont WANT to be pure healers in parties. if anything they will be our back up heal slaves.

They also cant buff or spam rez lke us XD

I dont know what all this about them healing harder is about either...lets look at their hardest hitting heal.

Comforting mist
    3.5 chan
    1 cast
    6 Cooldown

720 hp and 18% of base magic.

Clerics strongest heal

stream of rejuvenation
    2.5 chan
    1 cast
    1 cool down

Heals 1230 hp and 30% of magic damage and an additional 1230 over 15 secs.

in terms of sheer healing power we blow them out of the water, into the air, ho slap them around a few times and then blow them back into the water

Even chromatic healing beam out heals their strongest heal by about 300 points and 2% magic damage, and its cool down is half of the mystics...i wont even bring up BB
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well, I don't care if there will be many Mystics and they go to solo heal squads. I always wanted to be rare and unique. :P I want to belong to a rare class, it makes me more special. Do me a favor and make Clerics almost extinct, then I'll be the only one left, haha. b:chuckle You guys are going to miss my squad buffs. xD

But on a serious note, I think Clerics and Mystics should try to work together for better squad protection / heals. Well, if squads are willing to sacrifice an APS character for one more healer. o.o I remember once I went to an FCC and there was another Cleric and the Barb left because he was like WHY 2 CLERICS NOOB SQUAD *RAGEQUIT* ...
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Lets see about the BH instances (assuming the squad is the right lvl for the bh):

BH29: I could see a mystic being able to heal. Yeah, totally doable.

BH39: You will need purify from the poison/mana drain mobs and Calcid, you will need IH stack for Farren because the tank needs to be healed WHILE you're popping WS on ppl who get into AoE, you will need to spam AoE heal at kaboomers and hp-drain mobs. So...cleric.

BH51: Fushma could be doable. Ranker probably not because once again, the tank needs IH stack so he/she is receiving heals while healer is taking care of idiots in AoE. You also need purify on Wyrven every now and then. So...cleric

BH59: You need to purify even arcane tanks in this one. Squads usually ask for BB on bosses that don't require puri. Oh, and you'll need puri for the mobs as well. So...cleric. (Tho, if the squad is careful you could make it on bosses that dont require puri)

BH69: I dont even need to explain this one...cleric.

BH79: A mystic should be able to get through this one...

BH100:
    HH3-3: Cleric. You need the buffs + Aoe heals + purify.
    WS-Snake- If squad was careful you could do it without a cleric. If you plan on doing the non-glitch way, you will need a cleric for BB.
    WS Cannon- Cleric. Many tanks need serious stacking to tank that boss. Some even require sage vanguard. And most squads need BB unless they plan on killing the mobs 1 by 1.
    SoT: If squad is careful and powerful, could manage with a mystic.
    Abaddon: Cleric. You need puri + BB and/or spam AoE healing.
    GV2: Cleric for BB and buffs.
    GV3: Cleric for BB and buffs.

Instances:

Frost: Doable with a mystic at high lvls with OP people. Lower lvls..need a cleric for BB, puri at poleboss, RB for heads/elementos. BB at holeen. AoE spam on 3rd boss and boss before big room.

Nirvana: Depends totally on the squad. Some don't need cleric or mystic, ijs.

Im tired and I'm sure Ive missed several instances, so please feel free to add some. But
    from what I'm seeing, mystics are fantastic spot healers, but lack the toolbox a cleric has to keep the squad alive. I think clerics are pretty dam safe from being replaced as the solo healers.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah you missed RB and warsong...but those doesn't really count....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Lets see about the BH instances (assuming the squad is the right lvl for the bh):

BH29: I could see a mystic being able to heal. Yeah, totally doable.

BH39: You will need purify from the poison/mana drain mobs and Calcid, you will need IH stack for Farren because the tank needs to be healed WHILE you're popping WS on ppl who get into AoE, you will need to spam AoE heal at kaboomers and hp-drain mobs. So...cleric.

Very few clerics ever use purify, nor level it up past level 1, until 69, where it's desperately needed in Wraithgate. So, no on the purfiy stance there. As for IH stacking, it's not needed either. Clerics spells can keep others healed with other spells, IH just makes it easier and less stressful to accomplish the goal. It's not impossible.
    BH51: Fushma could be doable. Ranker probably not because once again, the tank needs IH stack so he/she is receiving heals while healer is taking care of idiots in AoE. You also need purify on Wyrven every now and then. So...cleric

This is a case of let the idiots who never learn, die. I ran into an instance of this in BH51 with a sin on my alt. 3 sins (including myself), 61 cleric who didn't have BB, a veno and a barb. Two sins stayed back using a bow while the other ran in and got 1 shot. Did he learn? Nope. He was revived and ran right back in and got killed once more. Even on Myriad. We told the cleric not to res him for the rest of the BH.

When Xoria was around 51, she only had purify 2. Even at that level, she was able to keep the barb alive with just IH and never casting purify or BB.

BH59: You need to purify even arcane tanks in this one. Squads usually ask for BB on bosses that don't require puri. Oh, and you'll need puri for the mobs as well. So...cleric. (Tho, if the squad is careful you could make it on bosses that dont require puri)

Again, it's not needed. I hardly ever seen low level clerics use purify on the wood section of this instance. Stack a couple and heals and it won't matter, mystic or cleric. It is also not required for the fire's wyvern boss.
    BH69: I dont even need to explain this one...cleric.

Can't see how this would even be do- able without a cleric save high APS that can constantly triple spark to keep debuffs off.
    BH79: A mystic should be able to get through this one...

BH100:
    HH3-3: Cleric. You need the buffs + Aoe heals + purify.
    WS-Snake- If squad was careful you could do it without a cleric. If you plan on doing the non-glitch way, you will need a cleric for BB.
    WS Cannon- Cleric. Many tanks need serious stacking to tank that boss. Some even require sage vanguard. And most squads need BB unless they plan on killing the mobs 1 by 1.

Just wanted to add, for warsong fire, you can run out of reach of Cannonfist's manaleak and damage and then commence the battle once more. However, tank DOES require heavy healing. Several instances, I was glad to have demon stream of rejuvenation's equipment buff...
    SoT: If squad is careful and powerful, could manage with a mystic.
    Abaddon: Cleric. You need puri + BB and/or spam AoE healing.
    GV2: Cleric for BB and buffs.
    GV3: Cleric for BB and buffs.

Instances:

Frost: Doable with a mystic at high lvls with OP people. Lower lvls..need a cleric for BB, puri at poleboss, RB for heads/elementos. BB at holeen. AoE spam on 3rd boss and boss before big room.

Nirvana: Depends totally on the squad. Some don't need cleric or mystic, ijs.

Im tired and I'm sure Ive missed several instances, so please feel free to add some. But
    from what I'm seeing, mystics are fantastic spot healers, but lack the toolbox a cleric has to keep the squad alive. I think clerics are pretty dam safe from being replaced as the solo healers.

I believe we can safely assume that a cleric is still pretty much irreplacable at this point in time. A mystic can help, but is by no means a replacement class.
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Lets see what happen. I believe the Mystic can do more Damage as a cleric (dps not spike).
    When hes able to solo Heal a good geared and refined Highlevel Squad with Charms they will use an alt for Cleric buffs and take the Mystic. In some FC's i ask myself why im even here, just to prevent charm ticks because im rarely needed anymore.

Sin > Cleric
    Sin > Mystic

Cleric & Mystic = Lower DPS overall in Party

There can only be one (At least i assume thats what some people will think and will practice in game)
    I hate Room 38
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I believe the Mystic can do more Damage as a cleric (dps not spike).

Depends on gear and channeling, really. The damage difference between the 2 classes is almost not noticeable. Mystic's first attack skill at lvl 10 only deals 'basic Magic Attack, plus 100% of Weapon Damage, plus 723'. Crappier than a Veno at lvl 10. :P Cleric has 2 SPAMMABLE (dps) first skills that do 'base magic attack plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1379.6' and this is only lvl 10, lvl11 hits even bigger. Our DoT is better by 2k. Our Wield Thunder is very stong and we have 3 very good AoEs!

And you forget that Clerics have Magic attack buff that increases our damage even more for an hour. Mystic's buff might be bigger but lasts only a few seconds and has a long cooldown. And you forget that we can reduce magic def and p. def of mobs by 30% and these debuffs are easily kept up because they are spammable and last for 20 seconds!!! With these debuffs, we increase the squad's overall damage. I have all seals maxed and use this 2 really often in PVE (especially when Barbs and Venos are lazy to debuff) and people like it. I know Mystics have some debuffs too but only 20% and last for a few seconds, so Cleric is even better at debuffs.

So don't tell me Mystic does more damage because I will laugh my @ss off. Similar damage maybe, but not more than us. But anyways, no matter what magic class you take, they do no damage compared to 5aps. I'd rather take a Cleric as a healer because they have buffs, IH, BB, a RELIABLE Revive that actually makes you lose no exp all (Demon/Sage Rez). Mystic's Revive can be risky, can be forgotten and you will always lose some exp.
  • hasnoface
    hasnoface Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ugysekell wrote: »
    Depends on gear and channeling, really. The damage difference between the 2 classes is almost not noticeable.

agreed, damage wise they are pretty much the same. mystic has a pet to deal extra damage but that's like nothing. And cleric can buff themselves for more damage. looking at the skills I see no big difference. a mystic might do slightly more damage but would you sacrifice a better revive for 1k more damage?! I wouldn't, lol. Saying that from experience <.< yesterday I was on my archer alt and went to BH51, and we had mystic healer who said he had a lvl 90 cleric main and he knows how to heal here. the players were decent, 2 BMs, a veno, a barb, me and the mystic. at wyvern BMs died (no BB, no def buffs) and the mystic couldn't revive rebuff them because it was on cooldown LMFAO! they died AGAIN and had to release but the barb died not long after that and we ended up with a squad wipe, even me because my revive buff wore off!!! -_- we kicked mystic and got a cleric friend to help, she saved the day with buffs and BB. :P I say Cleric > Mystic, no doubt about it! ..and this is not the first time I see a fail mystic healer (sadly). they might be good at pew pewing but I'd prefer a cleric as a healer.
  • Toneshifter - Harshlands
    Toneshifter - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Comforting mist
    3.5 chan
    1 cast
    6 Cooldown

720 hp and 18% of base magic.

Clerics strongest heal

stream of rejuvenation
    2.5 chan
    1 cast
    1 cool down

Heals 1230 hp and 30% of magic damage and an additional 1230 over 15 secs.

in terms of sheer healing power we blow them out of the water, into the air, ho slap them around a few times and then blow them back into the water

Even chromatic healing beam out heals their strongest heal by about 300 points and 2% magic damage, and its cool down is half of the mystics...i wont even bring up BB

What about this kind of combo
    Comforting Mist
    +
    Switching between
    Healing Herb
    Mana 547
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 6.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic instrument

Required Cultivation Aware of Discord
    Summons a Healing Herb that restores 125 points
    of Health every 2 Seconds for all nearby friends.
    Healing Herb appears for 1 minute.
    Healing Herb may not be Lysed.

And

Vital Herb
    Mana 1040
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 35.0 seconds

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Coalescence
    Summons a Vital Herb, which restores HP to
    nearby friends every second and increases their
    HP recovery by 50 points per second.
    Vital Herb appears for 20 seconds.
    Lysing has no effect on Vital Herb.
    Costs 1 Spark.
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hasnoface wrote: »
    agreed, damage wise they are pretty much the same. mystic has a pet to deal extra damage but that's like nothing. And cleric can buff themselves for more damage. looking at the skills I see no big difference. a mystic might do slightly more damage but would you sacrifice a better revive for 1k more damage?! I wouldn't, lol. Saying that from experience <.< yesterday I was on my archer alt and went to BH51, and we had mystic healer who said he had a lvl 90 cleric main and he knows how to heal here. the players were decent, 2 BMs, a veno, a barb, me and the mystic. at wyvern BMs died (no BB, no def buffs) and the mystic couldn't revive rebuff them because it was on cooldown LMFAO! they died AGAIN and had to release but the barb died not long after that and we ended up with a squad wipe, even me because my revive buff wore off!!! -_- we kicked mystic and got a cleric friend to help, she saved the day with buffs and BB. :P I say Cleric > Mystic, no doubt about it! ..and this is not the first time I see a fail mystic healer (sadly). they might be good at pew pewing but I'd prefer a cleric as a healer.

The main problem with a mystic in BH51 that I see is Wyvern's DoT since mystics cannot purify it so the main hope is to out heal it and/or dd fast enough.
  • Cilfyn - Heavens Tear
    Cilfyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I like to say one thing as this what will happen, and what i feel will be like. Its not a story or anything just something that might or may not happen

Cleric Bully (who thinks is far superior that loves to revive in home town): Oh great look a mystic in are plume city, just great.

Mystic (that wants to help support in ability's clerics can't do): Hello Cleric thought you might be of some help in some skills to fill in the gap that you guy's can't use.

Cleric Bully: We don't want your race or you mystics around we are superior healers we can do 110% better job than you mystics could ever do we own the spot light so step aside and let the professionals do the work.

Mystic: hmf, you will regret it one day cleric and you will need are help one day, and will see to it that your cockiness will just be nothing and just think you can do a better job than us.

PS: When ppl who play clerics thinks there far better and don't need a mystic and treat them as outsiders are just spoiled little brats that just won't accept the mystics can fill in holes and gaps that clerics could never do or specialise in certain skills. But even if clerics has some skills that can match up to skills mystic have there still some skills that mystics can do but cleric can't do.

Let's face facts. Mystics aren't necessary. We don't NEED them. They can make jobs easier AND they CAN handle healing parties. I wouldn't mind having a mystic in my party, since they would help me if I messed up, so I wouldn't have to go to town and lose experience all the time.
    But they weren't necessary. And there are just some jobs which they can never do, like purifying at FCC.
    They're basically venos with free revives.

We CAN do a better job than Mystics at a lot of things.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    magena wrote: »
    Very few clerics ever use purify, nor level it up past level 1, until 69, where it's desperately needed in Wraithgate. So, no on the purfiy stance there. As for IH stacking, it's not needed either. Clerics spells can keep others healed with other spells, IH just makes it easier and less stressful to accomplish the goal. It's not impossible.
    it's possible to do it without a cleric too...it would just take forever and would be totally impractical. I'm not saying mystics couldn't do it- I'm saying that in this bh a cleric would be preferred as the solo healer. And I respectfully disagree about purify. I left mine at lvl 1 until 69, but I sure as hell used it in BH39. And I dont remember ever being on a run where I didn't see a cleric popping it off once in a while.

This is a case of let the idiots who never learn, die. I ran into an instance of this in BH51 with a sin on my alt. 3 sins (including myself), 61 cleric who didn't have BB, a veno and a barb. Two sins stayed back using a bow while the other ran in and got 1 shot. Did he learn? Nope. He was revived and ran right back in and got killed once more. Even on Myriad. We told the cleric not to res him for the rest of the BH.

When Xoria was around 51, she only had purify 2. Even at that level, she was able to keep the barb alive with just IH and never casting purify or BB.

I"m not sure what lvl a cleric's puri has to do with anything. A lvl 1 puri does the exact same job as lvl 10. Only reason ppl lvl it at 69 is because you need a shorter cooldown for pole. I also rarely used BB. But I was asked beforehand to puri at wyrven ALOT. And you still run into the same question- could wellspring keep the tank alive?

Again, it's not needed. I hardly ever seen low level clerics use purify on the wood section of this instance. Stack a couple and heals and it won't matter, mystic or cleric. It is also not required for the fire's wyvern boss.
    Good luck getting through Glutt. And while ofotis's mag attack is pathetic, Drake's is not. Get a melee trying to tank that boss and you should puri at some point. I've been a melee tanking that- the damage from fire stack can out-damage heals if the squad takes too long to kill. And I don't know of a single cleric that doesn't puri at Wyrven/Glutt.

Can't see how this would even be do- able without a cleric save high APS that can constantly triple spark to keep debuffs off.

Agreed

Just wanted to add, for warsong fire, you can run out of reach of Cannonfist's manaleak and damage and then commence the battle once more. However, tank DOES require heavy healing. Several instances, I was glad to have demon stream of rejuvenation's equipment buff...

I don't see wellspring keeping a most tanks alive. Even with running version they need serious healing. Maybe if the tank was willing to spam some pots/charm ****/herbs? But who would want to flush money down the drain like that?

I believe we can safely assume that a cleric is still pretty much irreplacable at this point in time. A mystic can help, but is by no means a replacement class.

Amen to that. people worry to much!
  • Nevarya - Raging Tide
    Nevarya - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Clerics have survived without mystics to "support" us. So we obviously don't need them. The only use they have for the cleric is the rez buff.

Like others have said before. There's no purify that can equal a cleric's purify (unless people can perma triple spark), there's dmg reduction with bb, amazing buffs and far more superior heals.
    As for dmg (which I guess really isn't important but people have brought it up in past posts)...we have 2 amazing debuffs. Sure dimensional seal isn't as great as a barb's penetrate armor...but elemental seal is amazing for a cleric's dmg.
    Mystics may have summons to add to the dd aspect, but what happens when they or the mystic run out of mana? Not much of a great dd without drinking many, many mp pots or gobbling down mp food. Clerics have spamable dd skills that take very little mana.

But my point is Mystics can NEVER replace clerics as a healing class. Even if they're well geared.

Sorry for being harsh, but it's a simple fact.
    Disclaimer: Don't be fooled by the lvl 1 avi <3
    Nevarya
    Proud Demon Cleric.
    Proud Wife of Kalmahri
    Proud Legend
    Proud Sanctuarian
    (Better sig coming soon)
    Alts: Luna - Trolling Tides (Very inactive)
  • Ramanock - Archosaur
    Ramanock - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm personally not worried in the least about mystics. I'm probably a bit of the opposite since i'm very excited that my friend is going to make a mystic to tag around with me. Not only am I not going to have to worry about the times when I forget a rez scroll, I will also have her backing me up to heal when we get jumped and it's too much for me to heal by myself. She's just going to be my back up, problem solved. I doubt any sane tank is ever going to start asking for a mystic over a cleric, just like a tank never asks for a wizard to join the party for their healing.

I know it sounds bad but i'd probably be very happy if Mystics could take over a little of the lime light when it comes to lower level bhs/fbs/bosses. Think about how much easier it would be to get a squad moving if you could recruit either! And on top of that they will be able to DD + tank mobs with their pets.
  • LadyBats - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    What about this kind of combo
    Comforting Mist
    +
    Switching between
    Healing Herb
    Mana 547
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 6.0 seconds

Required Cultivation Aware of Discord
    Summons a Healing Herb that restores 125 points
    of Health every 2 Seconds for all nearby friends.
    Healing Herb appears for 1 minute.
    Healing Herb may not be Lysed.

And

Vital Herb
    Mana 1040
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 35.0 seconds

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Coalescence
    Summons a Vital Herb, which restores HP to
    nearby friends every second and increases their
    HP recovery by 50 points per second.
    Vital Herb appears for 20 seconds.
    Lysing has no effect on Vital Herb.
    Costs 1 Spark.

Any boss that aoes is going to own plants faces and still, our heals are stronger its just fact they arent ever going to out heal us. Healing is pretty much all we do, they are jack of all trades, master of none
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Let the Mystic AoE heal in some TTs where bosses do 8-10k AoE damage. I want to see how they heal 1hit kills. :P Our BB decreases damage by 50%. Essential skill that Mystics will never have (or I ragequit).
  • LadyBats - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Originally Posted by ugysekell
    Depends on gear and channeling, really. The damage difference between the 2 classes is almost not noticeable.

You people really need to learn your **** better...by comparing their aoe heal clerics heal beats theirs by about 300 damage and 3second cool down, thats a HUGE difference when it comes to certain runs, espically lower level FC's . Strem of rejuvi and IH blow their their other two heals out of the water. Theirs don't stack, so trying to get a tank to rush through TT without ih would be pretty hard, heal them when they are running and you die
  • gelnd
    gelnd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Any boss that aoes is going to own plants faces and still, our heals are stronger its just fact they arent ever going to out heal us. Healing is pretty much all we do, they are jack of all trades, master of none

Why the hostility and "my balls are bigger than your balls" mentality? On my cleric, I do my best to keep everybody alive. On my new mystic, I'd do the same. :P
  • LadyBats - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    gelnd wrote: »
    Why the hostility and "my balls are bigger than your balls" mentality? On my cleric, I do my best to keep everybody alive. On my new mystic, I'd do the same. :P

lol your reading into it way too much,i play a mystic too: P. Its not aggression, its fact, it is 9 23 pm and plants are squishy and wont be of much use in aoe bosses lol
  • Shahiro - Dreamweaver
    Shahiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystics have a mildly less-powerful version of all the necessary Cleric skills. Aoe heal (Comforting mist), Wellspring (Break in the clouds), and Ironheart (Falling petals). With these skills, along with the help of their Salvation summon that absorbs almost all damage, they are capable of being the solo healer in most cases where purify isn't mandatory. (I said this in the same topic on the mystic section [with more detail]) In my experience as a cleric I've really only used BB in emergency situations, or so that people can battle out their aggro. People would have to be more cautious with a Myst healer.

I also said this in the other section but, today, I was doing my fb39 and my cleric dc/ed on us. We waited for a while and she didn't come back so we moved on. They were scared of dying at first (lol) but we moved at the same pace as before-- this time with me as healer. I threw a shield on the tank (seeker) and the main aggro stealer (psychic) whenever I could. And sometimes the archer if I was free. The exploding mobs usually broke the shield and I would put Falling Petals on them to finish off the mob. We also dealt with the poison chickens and only Clouds was necessary. We got another cleric to clear more. Went faster because she was 87. Surprise, she dc/s on Trioc right after we attack! And we didn't pull the fire ladies first either o.o Luckily some of them had the shield I gave them so they could finish the ladies and I could focus on tank-- who was kept alive with Petals and Clouds. I wouldn't advise using Salvation's shield at bosses because they'll just break anyway.

I don't know if you'd call that a 'good' example, but keep in mind this was my fb, I was level 39 and didn't even have aoe heal yet (and we did have aggro problems). No one had really high gear and the average level was about 55.

In summary, I think a Mystic could be a solo healer-- but it would take a more skillful person (having to hold up a squad with less heal power) and more attentive (watching fastly decreasing mana and knowing when to preserve it).

Dang, I meant for this one to be a short summary post. Oh well.

• TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    While i dont dispute the fact that mystics will be able to solo heal lower dungeons, i still dont think they will make our class obsolete. Aside from some dungeons i can think off the top of my head such as 20/20/20 or fc (people always want Rb for the heads and bb on the giant pull before that), clerics will always be the preferred healers. Sure a mystic can MANAGE to heal a party but it is A.) More costly mana wise B.) More risky for the players around them and C.) would take away from the dps, a mystic can out dps a cleric by the looks of it with pets and plants, so i would rather have them dd ing and spot healing myself. I personally welcome them, they can make the world less stressful for clerics lol.

OH and we even get yelled at for having lvl 10 rez instead of sage/demon. So im sure 80% exp recovery will be less preferred than 90 or 100
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shahiro - Dreamweaver
    Shahiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    clerics will always be the preferred healers. Sure a mystic can MANAGE to heal a party but it is A.) More costly mana wise B.) More risky for the players around them and C.) would take away from the dps, a mystic can out dps a cleric by the looks of it with pets and plants, so i would rather have them dd ing and spot healing myself. I personally welcome them, they can make the world less stressful for clerics lol.

OH and we even get yelled at for having lvl 10 rez instead of sage/demon.

Agreed-- and ew, I don't care if my res if level 3 if someone complains about being resurrected at all then they can happily stay dead.
  • Astaeria - Heavens Tear
    Astaeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    magena wrote: »

Lol. I guess I'm one of "very few" clerics then. It's stupid to not use purify in BH 59 especially. So by that logic, you're going to let Drake and Glut's DoTs just chill there on the tank simply because your heals will keep them alive anyway? Just because it's not "desperately needed" until Wraithgate doesn't mean you shouldn't use it. b:shocked That's not to say mystics can't heal BH 39 themselves, but clerics should be utilizing their skills, not waiting until it's "desperately needed". And speaking of BH39 since that's what this is in relation to, mana drain SUCKS. Clerics should be purifying.

Right, so mystics are all supposed to be jerks. b:laugh As a cleric, you don't just "not" res someone unless you have a valid reason beyond them not realizing that it's stupid to stand in an aoe. He's only going to learn by dying over and over again. You choose not to res him even though he helped with the rest of the instance? That's just silly. And again, just because you don't "have" to use purify, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T.

b:tired Not required doesn't mean you shouldn't. Just because the majority don't doesn't mean they're right.

I do see your point though. Not required = mystics can do it, and clerics aren't "necessary". I'm just saying that, if you are cleric doing this instance, purify SHOULD be utilized. Personally, I still wouldn't run these instances without a cleric on my DD characters though. I would never have a mystic in a squad as primary healer because I don't see them as such.

You do have to keep in mind something though: cleric buffs. Mystics do not have them. As a cleric with the squad buffed you can do these things without purify, but it might be a different story without buffs.
  • Laja - Raging Tide
    Laja - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i did BH39 calcid and hercule with my Mystic alone in lvl 58 (didint tried Faren yet). Crapy gear (lvl 30 i think) and no wine. I did it in 2 hours or so. Didnt tried it in lower lvl, but with good gear i think its absoluteley posible. IMystic is good choice for people who like to be mag clas and play solo.
  • AntiSacer - Dreamweaver
    AntiSacer - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Clerics are the absolute healers of Pan Gu b:angry

Because:
    - When the boss is nervous and wants to hit everybody at once, we're there to cast our Regeneration Aura and show who's the best.
    - When the tank is near dead, we'll quickly cast our Stream of Rejuvenation and save the day.
    - When the wizzy or the Psy draw the Aggro, we'll full their HPs with 1 hit of our Wellspring surge.
    - When needed to AoE heal, we'll heal better.
    - When we join the party and start the AoE buffs, we become the squad's savior.
    - We are CLERICS and we are the Heal Deal.
    edited March 2011
    i did BH39 calcid and hercule with my Mystic alone in lvl 58 (didint tried Faren yet). Crapy gear (lvl 30 i think) and no wine. I did it in 2 hours or so. Didnt tried it in lower lvl, but with good gear i think its absoluteley posible. IMystic is good If choice for people who like to be mag clas and play solo.

Then you never played Venomancer.
    A full magic builded venomancer with a glacial walker (or the hercules) has almost infinite soloing power, and spends much less mp.

I used to solo the whole 39 since I was 56, killing even the Farren in about 2 hours.
    edited March 2011
    Shahiro, i'm so sorry, but falling petals isn't comparable to the might of the Ironheart Blessing. I bet you already know, but IH is stackable and much more powerful.
  • ChaRacteNaM - Archosaur
    ChaRacteNaM - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Most of the times Mistic is better as a main healer because pw is a reeeeeally easy game and with a mystic you do faster, it's so simple.
    95% of the time you dont need skills like Stream of Rejuvenation, Purify and Plume Shell, is a fact.
    Obvious...especially for pvp and a few instances cleric is necessary, it carries the best support skills e usually has more survivability.

I think is bizarre Break in the Clouds to be better(a lot) than Blessing of the Purehearted. It doesnt make sense.