What's the lamest tactic someone ever used against you? (pvp)

Comments

• ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    xposed1 wrote: »
    The word "cheap" is relative and I intend to use it that way. I define "cheap" in the sense of pking in PWI as more than 1 person attacking another. You are free to define "cheap" in your own way (but I will still disagree with you).

If a person falls victim to a " tactic that guarantees you to kill the player (or has 90%+ succes rate)" than there is no one to blame except the game makers that implemented and made that tactic possible. If you have a way to pk someone why not use it? Calling the said person "cheap" just sounds like a whole lot of butthurt TBH. (However I do agree that trash talking after using said tactics is not good etiquette)

Also its only the same kill if the person getting pked lets it be the same kill. Ever heard of apoc pots?

i agree that it is a game issue. also, i understand that a person could enjoy doing that.

i guess that it's matter of judging how others have fun; just like i think that watching other people playing a game is kinda lame, so I think that a person executing battles that always lead to his victory is kinda lame (and devaluates the pvp rankinks).

do i have a problem with that/become angry/start QQing? ofc not, i'll expel/IG/psy will and move to the next room of the cube xd
  • Lightvoid - Lost City
    Lightvoid - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I was helping someone near oracle 2. not the exact spot but around that place, i hink a 5xish bm asks me for a duel, i oblige(yes it was stupid of me outside sz) once i am pink name when i finished the duel, 2 4xish peeps run up to me, (a sin and a wiz i think), Needless to say it didn't end well for either of themb:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zuuka - Sanctuary
    Zuuka - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Certain clerics that Sleep, debuff spam me, Triple spark, Pot / Tempest or Wield Thunder and then I Absolute Domain them, or get out of sleep before they finish.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lamest tactic?

- occult ice+normal atk with 3.33+ aps + then QQ about being 1shot for rank8 wiz

- 1shot people with your new buyed rank8 weapon + tell how pro you are
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Heres mine:

Sparking in stealth and not being visible after that and then killing some1
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Stealth.
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Stealth.

Stealth isnt a tactic.

Its a cheap (In some opinions) skill, but not a tactic.
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    In the very early levels. People would run up randomly and start hitting me. I would unleash every skill I had on them and they would start yelling no pls stop just want chi (I used to be nice and stop). Now that I am pink they would run a safe distance spark, and one shot me. Then run to sz and pm me saying haha fail bm can't kill me....

2 days ago was on my 3x sin lvling it (almost 50 now) talking to an npc outside of anglers village. When a 100 sin spawns one shots me and goes back to stealth like I can really do anything to him on that toon. Still not sure why a 100 anything needs to camp lvl 3x's for pk kills but eh w/e... I didn't say anything to him except Hi (his name)b:bye to which he replied I was a fail sin because I didn't see it coming... (I'm not even gonna try and explain that one) Did I mention this particular sin is on the harshlands ranking for levels and I think pvp kills b:chuckle
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Stealth isnt a tactic.

Its a cheap (In some opinions) skill, but not a tactic.

I would disagree Sun Tzu said Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Most are using the strategy method of stealth kill stealth... try to kill oh **** moment force stealth. whew everyone fails.

Tactics is merely using what you have at your disposal for a victorious outcome. However many sins do not follow the above principle and they over abuse one skill or another counting on just that to save them. When there greatest weapon is in fact there mind and the ability to change on the fly based on what is happening. To many times I see sins run into the middle of players and pk then get nuked by everyone else in that group. A sin should hover around the outside of the group picking stragglers and weak links.

Just like to retreat is not admitting defeat. it is merely prolonging the enemy into a sense of restlesness and overconfidence while you rest, regroup, reorganize and attack on your terms
  • jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ok lowest probaly like two doferant fights last night had a 10 minute one with a barb lotta fun here he was rank 9 with decent refines.as i holly pathed a sin pops out and you know what happened.well went back and killed him then left me and barb wil have to go another day.Same thing happened in west sins would pop out when some one was fighting someone else.
    wasnt any shiot talkin tho give them that at least.
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    I would disagree Sun Tzu said Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Most are using the strategy method of stealth kill stealth... try to kill oh **** moment force stealth. whew everyone fails.

Tactics is merely using what you have at your disposal for a victorious outcome. However many sins do not follow the above principle and they over abuse one skill or another counting on just that to save them. When there greatest weapon is in fact there mind and the ability to change on the fly based on what is happening. To many times I see sins run into the middle of players and pk then get nuked by everyone else in that group. A sin should hover around the outside of the group picking stragglers and weak links.

Just like to retreat is not admitting defeat. it is merely prolonging the enemy into a sense of restlesness and overconfidence while you rest, regroup, reorganize and attack on your terms

Going into stealth when youve failed? Yes thats a tactic, and one that works if you do it right.

Stealth still isnt a tactic. Thats like saying Aura of the Golden Bell is a tactic.

---Going into stealth is more dangerous than some sins realise. 3.5 Seconds of just standing there, and often if theres a BM or Cleric quick on the move, youl be stood there a hell of a lot longer, just WAITING to be AOEd out of there. Il admit im often careless and this is probably the most common way I die aside a higher level sin jumping me.

I wonder how many sins know that if your auto attacking something / one, you can change targets and wont actually move to attack that target until you use a skill.... If theres a gank and your taking out someone in the middle, you should target someone a fair distance away as you launch your last skill or w/e, then Shadow Jump (Not teleport) (Completely underestimated skill :() to them before stealthing. Most of the time, your well out of AoE range and only have to deal with being slept.

--In PvP squads, if theres another sin with you, its nice to have them stand a nice distance away (Or simply wait until theyre near), then jump-stealth, cos they have no target to AoE you out :D (It does add the risk of any AoE being cast on you takng out said sin tho, so AD if you has it would be kind :P)

---Also, because few know about it, Sage Shadow Escape has a lovely bonus here. Most poeple know it purifies, but its not on the skill description that it also briefly makes you immune to stun / sleep / immobilise during cast :P (This isnt a case of a laggy purify, the Maze Steps / Will of Bohdi icon appears, for a moment, and it comes up with resist if someone sleeps / stuns you as you stealth).
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I`m sure that if some archer have posted before me than he/she said that the classic excuse against archers is "You are running" b:chuckle
  • flamingahole
    flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I`m sure that if some archer have posted before me than he/she said that the classic excuse against archers is "You are running" b:chuckle

I remember having that said to me a few times. This thread really makes me want to play again. b:cold
    You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yesterday I had a bunch of people triple sparking in the air and sniping from above. That's pretty lame.

Pretty much any (non-big-group) tactic that involves making your opponent constantly check his T-screen like an obsessive compulsive little nab is annoying as balls.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • flamingahole
    flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Pretty much any (non-big-group) tactic that involves making your opponent constantly check his T-screen like an obsessive compulsive little nab is annoying as balls.

I don't know about that. I remember having fun trying to avoid the higher levels while I played. It was annoying whenever I was killed but they usually stopped after two or three times as long as I kept my mouth shut.
    You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well since I am practicably permanently blue named
    All I can say is the random idiot that attacks me on this char or my alts when I'm going through the cube to arch
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Whenever I arma.

It's a pretty weak arma so I arma lvl 50's and below. Go me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    pk in 100sec stand

what am i supposed to assume, that, from all these pk rooms in the cube, u can only (try to) pk in a room where a mini-boss already hits people? (and even then, fail to kill me?)b:chuckle

if you enter 100s stand, move away from the ball, and kill someone already there, the mini-boss loses aggro and stops AOEing unless you or someone else gets near it again. That is why you spawn in the room next to the ball. Sometimes people do it to save charm I guess.

That's also why force logging also stops the AOE, if you can survive during the period you are logging off.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    Ratsael - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yesterday I had a bunch of people triple sparking in the air and sniping from above. That's pretty lame.

Yeah I hate Air Raids.
    _

Shelly what is the exact link for the ticket. pain to find it to tell them my Psy never recieved celestial fash. don't need it but want it :\ 10hrs of PK mode

EDIT: Found it :)
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    if you enter 100s stand, move away from the ball, and kill someone already there, the mini-boss loses aggro and stops AOEing unless you or someone else gets near it again. That is why you spawn in the room next to the ball. Sometimes people do it to save charm I guess.

That's also why force logging also stops the AOE, if you can survive during the period you are logging off.

I think I might have accidently killed someone in there once ;>>

I usually run toward the corner and then Will of the Phoenix the running mobs so that'll be less damage to worry about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    I was a new white name and this veno with a Nix attacked me... Apparently she does not keep her nix healed .... I killed it easy and then... she used the pet tame spell on me.

LOL.

Would be cool if tame pet did something on players, but lol.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    not even gonna read this....i bet i can tell what 90% are though:

"stealthed sin QQ so OP QQQQQQQQQQ"

b:lipcurl
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Happened to me a few minutes ago actually. I was dueling with this barb who was actually a very good PvPer, now while I was in stealth of course getting ready to attack, another higher level assassin was going on about how much she hated stealth, so at the point when the I was almost dead I re stealthed to use Healing Trance. But before I could even get the first few heals from it, the sin knocked me out stealth and the barb of course finished off the last of my HP.

Needless to say another duel later I won and the barb and I exchanged words etc, but during this duel the sin started raging at me to come out stealth and I simply replied "leave me alone",she knocked me out again but I was to far from the barb for it to have effected the duel.

That to date is the lamest thing that has happened to me in PvPb:laugh.
  • WayOfTheFist - Dreamweaver
    WayOfTheFist - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Prepping the stage..
    So I'm standing around at OT in Pk mode on my barb tonight and as usual I'm not the first one to attack, I let others attack me first if they so choose, or I will ask for a 1v1. That's just the way I am, I don't like to come across as "that *****".

So anywho, I watch this sin come out of stealth and kill a lower leveled barb, then he comes after me without stealthing. I win.

A few minutes go by and I'm talking to this HA cleric (TT 99 gears with a lvl 95 magic sword) and we agree to a 1v1. Just right after I tell her to call ready, the same sin I just killed unstealths on me (while I'm standing mind you) - demon sparks and occult ices me. I solid shielded and as soon as occult ice wore off he was a 2 hit kill, MS -> demon onslaught.

then back to fighting the HA cleric which took forever to win (she really tanked a lot of damage with her plume shell and high pdef, but the attacks were weak.)

later on, a different sin tele-stunned me followed directly again by the same one i had just killed 2x. he won that one, and one more (yet again coming back and choosing only to attack me and no one else - like he had it out for me for some reasonb:angry) but ofw. That night at least ended with me up 3/2 on him.

makes me wonder if he was trying to farm me for my gear, which wouldnt work considering I never pk without SL. although he did drop a unicorn bow himself when another sin killed him b:pleased
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The lamest tactic?... being a lvl 60+ and killing me when I was lvl 32, then laughing at me while telling me that I fail at PvP -.-'

One can get surprised of the number of ppl who uses such tactic >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    not even gonna read this....i bet i can tell what 90% are though:

"stealthed sin QQ so OP QQQQQQQQQQ"

b:lipcurl

uhh so ur saying they are not OP?
    idiot.
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • HealerOfGaia - Lost City
    HealerOfGaia - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Lol i had a funny experience.. When me Veno was like.. 4x or something? a barb tried to pk me. I had the skymanta u get at lvl 30 (blue one) So he was probably thinking i was just 30. I saw him getting closer real slow (also on his earo) and i was prepared.. He attacked me once,.. didn't do alot of damage.. i was in a rage and used Venomous Scarab.. almost 1 hit him but i'm not a pker so didn't kill him. He took my warning well and, and i've never seen him again xD
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    uhh so ur saying they are not OP?
    idiot.

Every class in this game is "OP", not only sins. it's just that every class is OP on something different form other classes, and sin's "OPness" is on 1 vs 1 PvP, so sins don't break PvP, they just do what thei're suposed to do. The problems in PvE related to sins aren't exactly sin's fault, but barb's ability to keep agro and lack of usefulness for other DD classes, and I agree that it's something developers should fix asap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Every class in this game is "OP", not only sins. it's just that every class is OP on something different form other classes, and sin's "OPness" is on 1 vs 1 PvP, so sins don't break PvP, they just do what thei're suposed to do. The problems in PvE related to sins aren't exactly sin's fault, but barb's ability to keep agro, and I agree that it's something developers should fix asap.

I cant even be bothered to point out why you are wrong. Because every single time you deny it and dont pay any attention whatsoever, and then follow it up by being wrong again.

Just let it be known that you are wrong, sins are OP, you are wrong, wrong, WRONG, WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WROOOOONG!!!!!!
    /leaves
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    I cant even be bothered to point out why you are wrong. Because every single time you deny it and dont pay any attention whatsoever, and then follow it up by being wrong again.

Just let it be known that you are wrong, sins are OP, you are wrong, wrong, WRONG, WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WROOOOONG!!!!!!
    /leaves

No matter how many times u say I'm wrong, I still being right till u say why I'm not, with logic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)