Is it even legal? PWI theft!

13»

Comments

• Gavroche - Lost City
    Gavroche - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    a couple quick things to point out.
    A. Your friend killed a low level white name = 2 hours red
    - This means Your friends white name protections was already off.
    --> which btw is not questionable because without the white protection off a white name wouldn't have been killed.
    B. Your friend is a moron for not having SL or dolls
    C. It is entirely legal because everything you charged is going into PWE's bank. And while yes you are infact buying something from them. You have signed the agreement that tells you if you lose something they will simply laugh and walk away. It is all your choice to do everything you did. Ie. charge gold, buy boots, lend boots, and watch your boots get taken away.
    Go QQ on some other game because there are enough people here who complain about everthing.
    Don't try to play the legality card when you, have no idea. It is your friends fault the boots are gone not the fault of PWE.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ... why is this person on a PvP server if they never plan to PK?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • LadyTsukiyo - Heavens Tear
    LadyTsukiyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ... why is this person on a PvP server if they never plan to PK?

That's exactly what I'm wondering.
    New Year, New Server.
  • fatestayjedi
    fatestayjedi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Regarding the above: You launch an unprovoked four letter tirade in my direction and have the audacity to call ME ignorant? Too funny. The fact you, like so many others, missed the entire point of my post is neither here nor there, this reply is just stupid in every conceivable way.

Regarding the rest of the comments: Sorry I spoke. My mistake, I thought freedom of speech was my right. I didn't realise that disagreeing with and feeling passionate about something in game was a crime. I can only apologise for that. How dare I have my own thoughts and opinions. That said, nobody has argued my opinion, not one of you. LadyTsukiyo clearly sucks at debating and keeps changing the subject and everyone elaborates her irrelevant point.

It's not about safety lock, precautions or reading the terms of service. It's about whether not having ownership of what you buy is right and justifiable. I'd actually be grateful if a GM could delete this thread now. Please? Nobody is discussing the subject I raised, they're all just making the same comment about safety looks and reading the terms of service. It's all become rather pointless. Delete it and let's call it a day. I won't be using this sycophantic forum anymore.

You kept ignoring what everyone said and continued to post stuff defending yourself.Are you that stupid that you can't understand what people say unless they don't tell you with your own words in a full sentence?Everyone kept saying that It IS legal and you choose to ignore it.And now you want the thread to be deleted so you don't have to embarrass your self anymore.Heck,i don't care anymore,this thread was full of fail and shouldn't be deleted so that people in the future could learn from this and not make the same stupid mistakes again.And don't misunderstand about the 'mistakes' because I'm sure you'll reply and try to say that I'm speaking nonsense.
  • Kasira - Harshlands
    Kasira - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This person is on a PvP server because I'd never played an MMO before and didn't know what PvE and PvP were. By the time I found out, I'd made some good friends and decided to stick it out. Besides, lots of people on Harshlands don't PK. That's not even relevant to the thread which is interestingly in keeping with every other post.

As for you, LadyTsukiko, why are you still here? You've made several comments and not even one has been relevent. It seems to me you're only to here to try and incite me. There's no need to quote other people's misinformed replies at me. It's pathetic.

What I did was raise a concern over a situation in the game that upset me greatly. In an intelligent world, the moderators would look at it and take it under consideration. They don't want to anger their customers after all. Even if they dismissed my concerns out of hand, that's what they'd do. Positive or negative, these forums are their best source of customer feedback. People like you, who blindly defend the status quo and blantantly misconstrue what's been said are no help to them at all.

Please no more posts about safety locks and terms of service. It's been said already and it wasn't relevant the first time nor was it relevant the 50th time. The point is, are PvP drops when you've spend you're own cash on the game acceptable. It can be answered intelligently without insults and hopefully somebody will do that.
  • LadyTsukiyo - Heavens Tear
    LadyTsukiyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This person is on a PvP server because I'd never played an MMO before and didn't know what PvE and PvP were. By the time I found out, I'd made some good friends and decided to stick it out. Besides, lots of people on Harshlands don't PK. That's not even relevant to the thread which is interestingly in keeping with every other post.

As for you, LadyTsukiko, why are you still here? You've made several comments and not even one has been relevent. It seems to me you're only to here to try and incite me. There's no need to quote other people's misinformed replies at me. It's pathetic.

What I did was raise a concern over a situation in the game that upset me greatly. In an intelligent world, the moderators would look at it and take it under consideration. They don't want to anger their customers after all. Even if they dismissed my concerns out of hand, that's what they'd do. Positive or negative, these forums are their best source of customer feedback. People like you, who blindly defend the status quo and blantantly misconstrue what's been said are no help to them at all.

Please no more posts about safety locks and terms of service. It's been said already and it wasn't relevant the first time nor was it relevant the 50th time. The point is, are PvP drops when you've spend you're own cash on the game acceptable. It can be answered intelligently without insults and hopefully somebody will do that.

Um what I said has been extremely relevant to the thread at hand. If the Terms of Service says that Perfect World Entertainment is not held liable for any items that are lost and dropped, and if the Terms of Service is a legally binding contract (Which it is) then someone taking your boots (which weren't your's to even begin with) is completely legal.

If you don't like it then games like Neopets and Mab.inogi are meant for you. Uninstall the game and have a nice day.

Edit: Why does Mab.inogi appear in asterisks, I could very well be talking about the anthology of Welsh myths. .___.
    New Year, New Server.
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2011

FYI

moderators MODERATE THE FORUM (ps where are you mods this thread should have been locked as soon as flaming began i.e first post). They are volunteers and have no rights to do anything more IN GAME than i do.

GMs are employed by PWE and administer the game/set sales/enforce the TOS. Since no TOS clause has been broken in this instance there is no action to take.

PWE is the company who you signed your agreement with. They decide on the TOS in conjunction with the parent company PW Bejing.

I think the point I am getting at is posting on the forum in the first place was wrong. If you had been victimised and dropped a piece of gear after prolonged griefing then you MIGHT be in a position to raise a support ticket and ask the GMs to investigate and you MIGHT get your items back. BUT as you gave your item to someone else who was involved in PK and they dropped the item you unfortunately have about as much leg to stand on as a paraplegic.

Being unable to accept that the TOS is relevant to your argument is a failure on your part not on the part of 90% of the contributors who have pointed this out to you.

Sorry. Grow Up. Leave Forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Good evening, I couldn't help but notice a disturbing amount of flaming on this topic.

OP - There is no way for you to get the item back by sending a ticket, and making a topic to claim it back won't help you either. I'm sorry, but PvP rules are valid whether you spend real life money on an item or not. I'm sure with hard work, you can buy the item in AH or even contact whoever got it from the PK drop and ask for it back.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.