Aps Nirvanas gone to far?

Options
Runemine - Dreamweaver
Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Tideswell (East)
This is so gonna get spammed i know.

I know in our server there was alot of 5aps only squads but now its even worse i know some 3.33 and 4.0 who can't even get in nirvana squads cause there not 5.0 funny part is the idiots making the squads are flipping no -int or mag class

Now these is maybe 2 non aps squads a day and about 100 5.0 only and 100 4.0+ Squads

So now anyone who is mag or not 5.0 can't get a squad what the heck everyone wants nirvana gear or coin LET THEM GO sure the run with take maybe 20min longer so what you got a week of 2x

And i know im ranting so what im 2.86 and got turned down 20 times today to join b:irritatedb:infuriated

Now time for me to b:shutup

And time for you too get b:irritated
101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
86 Assassin(Solo king)
76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
67 Barb(Buff baby)
61 Wizard(King Aoe)
37 Mystic(Fun project)
Post edited by Runemine - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol i know the feeling im 3.33 aps currently and never could get a squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

I know in our server there was alot of 5aps only squads but now its even worse i know some 3.33 and 4.0 who can't even get in nirvana squads cause there not 5.0 funny part is the idiots making the squads are flipping no -int or mag class

Now these is maybe 2 non aps squads a day and about 100 5.0 only and 100 4.0+ Squads

So now anyone who is mag or not 5.0 can't get a squad what the heck everyone wants nirvana gear or coin LET THEM GO sure the run with take maybe 20min longer so what you got a week of 2x

And i know im ranting so what im 2.86 and got turned down 20 times today to join b:irritated

Um, QQ moar? b:bye

Red ftw...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

And i know im ranting so what im 2.86 and got turned down 20 times today to join b:irritatedb:infuriated

It's the way it has been, is, and shall be. Best get used to it. People tend to take the easiest and most efficient route into all things. Why would they take a low aps person when they can take all high aps people and have a faster run? Can't find a reason.

Join a helpful faction that doesn't mind sacrificing efficiency for helping others. All I can say.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I want to tell OP to just QQmoar, but....my sin is 4.0, and can easily out DD an "average" 5.0 archer. When I see the shout for "5.0" squad and get rebuffed, I say something like "well I assume you don't take 5.0 archers either, then."

3 times I've had nice long chats with idiots about power dash, demon subsea, and being pure dex. Some people are unbelievable.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    b:laugh

welcome to our world? :b
  • Wisting - Dreamweaver
    Wisting - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    actually its pretty funny, when i was 5 aps sin with crappy +3 deicides, i got in squads. but now with rank 8 daggers and 2,86 i cant get in, despite of fact that damage output is much better.
  • Dakuken - Dreamweaver
    Dakuken - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Here's a suggestion.. start. your. own. squad.

Step 1. Ask friends (if you fail to get a full squad, see step 2)

Step 2. Ask faction (if you still fail to get a fulls quad, see step 3)

Step 3. Ask world chat (by now you should have a full squad, since believe or not non APS users do Nirvana...)

Step 4. ??????

Step 5. Profit now don't make another pointless thread like this again :P
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Here's a suggestion.. start. your. own. squad.

Step 1. Ask friends (if you fail to get a full squad, see step 2)

Step 2. Ask faction (if you still fail to get a fulls quad, see step 3)

Step 3. Ask world chat (by now you should have a full squad, since believe or not non APS users do Nirvana...)

Step 4. ??????

Step 5. Profit now don't make another pointless thread like this again :P

Step 6. Place the blame where it belongs - with the developers.

Also, until this lovely rank sale, I was an xbow-using archer (what this means is max 0.87 aps while wearing a **** rank 4 chest and using wind shield with my genie) and I never had a bit of trouble getting a squad. Of course... I have friends... they like to play with me...

PWI is a social networking game more than it is anything else. Make friends. Get squads. The end.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    everyone wants willow in their squad :D
    she is a lucky charm

my last nirvana run on wizard was over an hour,
    nirvana itself is horrible when the squad damage output is low
    *remembers the phoenix room full of fire*

a squad with two good aps-dds and the rest mages is totally ok tho

but finishing nirvana in 15 minutes or 18 minutes... who cares

and ps: 3.33 assasins usually outdamage 5.0 archers
    i like potato
  • DemonZ_Fury - Dreamweaver
    DemonZ_Fury - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That's simply because most 5.0 idiots are running around w/ +5refines at best on their gear. Get that squad +10 and 5.0 and you just learned a new meaning to speed run. Seriously tho... get your own squad up and running. Get a faction that has the runs going... and quit crying cause you can't do it...meh... improve yourself and you are good to go either way.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm not on this server, but I was reading and I would like say what I think.

The other day, despite me being 5 APS I took off nirvana pants and ornaments and that got me to 3.33 I think, anyway, I was being refused from squads as expected.
    So I tried making one, right? Here's the funny part, people with low APS DEMAND for someone with high APS in the squad, I couldn't get a squad together because people with 2.86 and 3.33 aps were asking if I had at least 1 or more 4 APS+ character(s) in the squad.
    There are dozens (if not hundreds) of people who'd love to Nirvana but don't have the APS, if you start your own squad, you should be able to get those people together. It might take some time to get a squad together, some will down right refuse to go even though they're being total hypocrites.

It's a vicious circle, people with high APS don't want to run with people with low APS. Can't blame them/"us", we earned our gear (well, for those who farmed it anyway, I did anyway sadface :<) and like to see the results of that.
    People with low APS WON'T RUN with other people with low APS, they want at least 1 person with high APS in the squad, which then goes back to high APS wanting high APS squads. See where this is going?

Of course, that might have just been me being unlucky and getting all the selfish people in the squad. But generally, I don't think it's too far off from the truth. People want fast runs, regardless if they can make it happen or not, eventually I did get a squad but even that also lasted for 1 run and then people scattered.
    So yeah, you don't have a lot of options, get a good friend circle to take you on runs or build up some friend's base that isn't all high APS folks and form squads with them.

P.S;
    If you want to be an ***, try WCing "Taking R8 Wizard/Psy on Nirvana runs, PM me", then watch your chatlog go blue, then WC "Teehee, just kidding. 4+ APS please."

I did that for fun last night and I think I AFK'd for 30 minutes, came back and people were still ranting and raging at me through PM's b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Or do what I essentially had to force myself to do...

Build an aps character, and watch I still not be good enough. Then I'll have 3 fairly decently geared characters who have an ungodly stash of Nirvana keys.

Well in your case, it'd be to restat or sommat to get it.

And yeah, forming my own squad has been done before, and never worked. I will always take a cleric, and that's the hardest class to find for anything these days. I've even joked about leveling a cleric to Esco so that at least I'd be useful on a character. -.-; It's 10 times worse now because I can't rely on my faction on that (I'm literally the only one on at times), and half my fl is grayed out now thanks to all this rank and misc bs.

It infuriates me to no end, so I'll just log off and go elsewhere until I cool off (which I don't like doing during a 2x, but well, can't do **** all about that).

Just remember...we all had to start somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Or do what I essentially had to force myself to do...

Build an aps character, and watch I still not be good enough. Then I'll have 3 fairly decently geared characters who have an ungodly stash of Nirvana keys.

Well in your case, it'd be to restat or sommat to get it.

And yeah, forming my own squad has been done before, and never worked. I will always take a cleric, and that's the hardest class to find for anything these days. I've even joked about leveling a cleric to Esco so that at least I'd be useful on a character. -.-; It's 10 times worse now because I can't rely on my faction on that (I'm literally the only one on at times), and half my fl is grayed out now thanks to all this rank and misc bs.

It infuriates me to no end, so I'll just log off and go elsewhere until I cool off (which I don't like doing during a 2x, but well, can't do **** all about that).

Just remember...we all had to start somewhere.

Miss Ivy if i was 5 aps (and lvl 100 *cough slow lvler cough*) Id take you on nirvana for the epic fishy pewpew and fun convos :D
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I like you Desi soooo.. Even though I'll only be 4APS I'll take ya on Nirvanas when I start them up, just be sure to pm me when I start squads are whisper me and be like "NIRVY NAO!" :O
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    everyone wants willow in their squad :D
    she is a lucky charm

and ps: 3.33 assasins usually outdamage 5.0 archers

I AM generally a lucky beast at opening those nirvana boxes, thx hex <333

And you are so right about the "ps" hex - archers aren't designed to use fists/claws, folks! A class that IS designed to use them (*cough*bms*cough*) will always do more damage than an archer, right? BMs have that snazzy fist mastery, and sins are just... well... OP.

Archers that shoot FTW!

Carry on.

Oh! And Merry Christmas, Dreamweaver b:kiss
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I AM generally a lucky beast at opening those nirvana boxes, thx hex <333

And you are so right about the "ps" hex - archers aren't designed to use fists/claws, folks! A class that IS designed to use them (*cough*bms*cough*) will always do more damage than an archer, right? BMs have that snazzy fist mastery, and sins are just... well... OP.

Archers that shoot FTW!

Carry on.

Oh! And Merry Christmas, Dreamweaver b:kiss

not always. if you just restat to same str as the bm its kinda same dmg. blazing arrow almost equals out fist mastery. and each 1% crit is 1% more overall dmg roughly.
    kinda each 100 str is 1k more p.att. somewhere around that.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    not always. if you just restat to same str as the bm its kinda same dmg. blazing arrow almost equals out fist mastery. and each 1% crit is 1% more overall dmg roughly.
    kinda each 100 str is 1k more p.att. somewhere around that.

How does 50%/60% Blazing Arrow almost compare to 75%/90% fist damage mastery?
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

go to archer forums. math geek asterelle got the calc somewhere.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options

The crit rate helps a bit b:avoid
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The crit rate helps a bit b:avoid

Agreed. Having less str is inconsequential when every other hit is double dmg.b:cute
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Agreed. Having less str is inconsequential when every other hit is double dmg.b:cute

I'll still use a BM over an Archer anyday :P
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'll still use a BM over an Archer anyday :P

Likewise. I regret rolling an Archer at this point. Everyone and their Grandma said that they suck endgame but nooooo I didn't listen.b:surrender

Oh well. At least I has skillz.b:cute
  • Flyingkea - Dreamweaver
    Flyingkea - Dreamweaver Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Doesnt blazing arrow only apply to arrows like it says in the description? *Apply % in wpn atack to REGULAR ARROWS*? Kinda like that whole idea about elite ammo only applys the effect when its being FIRED?
    I'd kinda like to know now b:question b:puzzled
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Doesnt blazing arrow only apply to arrows like it says in the description? *Apply % in wpn atack to REGULAR ARROWS*? Kinda like that whole idea about elite ammo only applys the effect when its being FIRED?

Nopers. I remember once when I was attacking a physical immune mob(who's name I don't remember, I think it was in Lunar or something) I could attack with fists and if I had blazing arrow on it did damage, albeit a small amount.
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    Fenian_I - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Back on topic... occasionally, you'll find someone like me. A 5.0 bm with +10 red fists of death (AKA TT100) that actually doesn't mind taking lower aps characters in the squad. Many of you will find me wcing asking who needs a boss killed or who wants to come in fc, etc... I'm still kinda new to nirvana, but I've still taken lower dps characters in with me just because they have a hard time finding squads. Hopefully, there will be other people who will follow my lead. Constant farming and grinding makes this game get boring. Helping others brings back the fun.
  • Dakuken - Dreamweaver
    Dakuken - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Back on topic... occasionally, you'll find someone like me. A 5.0 bm with +10 red fists of death (AKA TT100) that actually doesn't mind taking lower aps characters in the squad. Many of you will find me wcing asking who needs a boss killed or who wants to come in fc, etc... I'm still kinda new to nirvana, but I've still taken lower dps characters in with me just because they have a hard time finding squads. Hopefully, there will be other people who will follow my lead. Constant farming and grinding makes this game get boring. Helping others brings back the fun.

I'm already planning on helping low APS faction mates and friends once I'm able to Nirvana, I'll be 4.0 at 99 since I have my gear waiting for me. Nirvana should be fun :D (when I hit 100, I know I put 99 there but that won't change by the time I'm 100 so.. yeah xD)
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Options

I'm sort of confused about that last part, the part about "elite ammo". You are, I assume, referring to the 1% critical rate ones. I know for a fact that as soon as the elite arrows (not bolts or shot) are equipped in the ammunition slot, the character's critical rate % goes up by one. I have seen people glitch it on non-archers, and keep that extra 1% showing in their character window.

Now, don't get me wrong, this is exploiting a glitch, and I can't say that they are right in doing so, but it does affect the critical rate, even if not fired.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I'm sort of confused about that last part, the part about "elite ammo". You are, I assume, referring to the 1% critical rate ones. I know for a fact that as soon as the elite arrows (not bolts or shot) are equipped in the ammunition slot, the character's critical rate % goes up by one. I have seen people glitch it on non-archers, and keep that extra 1% showing in their character window.

Now, don't get me wrong, this is exploiting a glitch, and I can't say that they are right in doing so, but it does affect the critical rate, even if not fired.

prepare to be flamed to death XD

the +crit only appears to the character info, it has been tested (and i think that a GM confirmed it) that the real crit rate stays the same.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

the +crit only appears to the character info, it has been tested (and i think that a GM confirmed it) that the real crit rate stays the same.

^ This, +1
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options

+1 more

This is tested and true.
This discussion has been closed.