RE: the (D)evolution of Gameplay now that everyone has R8

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Rank 8 requires level 100. A level 100 PURE MAG wiz has over 2k HP w/o equips. Rank 8 pants and shirt alone unrefined adds over 300.

I heard pigs fly.

lol owned
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Nerd Rage Much?
    my Join Date > Your Join Date.
    I Win.
    lol Owned

Anything is possible with quotes. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    was gonna rant at the dense people then i realized theres to damn many and i'm lazy
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I don't get it, or alot of others here don't get it (I vote for the latter), what's up with this noobcalling towards people with badly refined and sharded R8?

I'm a merchant on a moderate level, meaning I tend to have around 50-150 million in assets, and I know my way around the market. What is important during this sale is to get the rep for R8 when it is available for cheap. I'm not saying they wont keep the rep-sales after this period, but as far as we know we have untill Dec 29th to get our R8 for 72$ (~72 million coin) or less depending on current rep/goldprice. I decided to get R8 for my cleric instead of the Deicides I was planing to get my BM, and dishing out about 70 mill to get 200k rep has brought my funds down considerably. So, I added flawless shards to my new R8 and refined to +3 with some mirages. Ill use the rest of this sales period to make back alot of the coins I spent, and when Dec 29th hit, and presumably gold drops somewhat (which depends ofcourse on what sale they add then) I will start working on getting my new chestpiece and weapon properly refined and sharded.

I guess I am a noob for not immediately having my new gear +7 with G11 gems b:surrender
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My join date = Tie for first b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'll just simplify all of this gobblygook---

Rank people make you go boom faster, but they die fast if you live long enough to actually get to them.

Nirvana people live long but don't boom quite as hard.
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I bought the rank 8 and working towards 9, but this does not mean I will take advantage of all of the armor, I might only want to use 1 or 2 pieces.

I just like the idea of having a larger amount of options available to me and that was one door that was closed due to my only being a rank 4 previously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I guess I am a noob for not immediately having my new gear +7 with G11 gems b:surrender

Yeah I already got bite by this ....

But why do I want to refine something or gem up something that is fixed to me (bound) and is not even my end game gear (maybe - maybe not, have not decided).

Well, I guess the key here is to not bend to peer pressure and do things at your own pace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Everyone is a noob when they do not do things the way the author using the word "noob" KNOWS was the one true way of doing whatever the author thinks you want to be doing.

Thems the rules.
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Everyone is a noob when they do not do things the way the author using the word "noob" KNOWS was the one true way of doing whatever the author thinks you want to be doing.

Thems the rules.

Aww, I'm not liking the rules then.

*Is sad now* b:sad
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My join date > your join date.

I win.

b:pleasedb:chuckle

my join date 08/17/2008 i win :D
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I bought Rank 8, since the soulsphere has a chance to get attack level +30. Also, you can buy the gear once per day, so you can try again each day until you get your equipment just the way you want it. This is how cash-shopping *should* be (as in, why can't I CHOOSE the color of my fashion if I buy it from the boutique?)

I have a sapphire gem to put into it, and I'm currently looking for one more. I have 4 diamond of tigers, and with a Jones blessing, it will be attack level +84 with Black Voodoo on.

This is OP as hell. I love it. b:chuckle However, I'm sure sins will still be able to destroy me in less than three seconds if they catch me off-guard. b:surrender

For fairness, I've been playing this game for almost 18 months and have a 100 wizard, a 76 cleric, and a 30 barb (>.<). I've already been through all the FBs hundreds of times, TT more than I care to count, Delta a handful of times, and so on. My point in getting rank 8 is to try end-game with the gear I couldn't afford on my wizard. TT99 gear on Archosaur server is prohibitively expensive, and near impossible to farm as a wizard (can't get into a party with the APS craze we have now).
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    I bought Rank 8, since the soulsphere has a chance to get attack level +30. Also, you can buy the gear once per day, so you can try again each day until you get your equipment just the way you want it. This is how cash-shopping *should* be (as in, why can't I CHOOSE the color of my fashion if I buy it from the boutique?)
    I'm not sure I should be jealous, or disgusted.

I have a sapphire gem to put into it, and I'm currently looking for one more. I have 4 diamond of tigers, and with a Jones blessing, it will be attack level +84 with Black Voodoo on.
    And you will die faster than a fish out of water.

This is OP as hell. I love it. b:chuckle However, I'm sure sins will still be able to destroy me in less than three seconds if they catch me off-guard. b:surrender
    They could kill you fast before...now they just kill you less quickly. GG.

For fairness, I've been playing this game for almost 18 months and have a 100 wizard, a 76 cleric, and a 30 barb (>.<). I've already been through all the FBs hundreds of times, TT more than I care to count, Delta a handful of times, and so on. My point in getting rank 8 is to try end-game with the gear I couldn't afford on my wizard. TT99 gear on Archosaur server is prohibitively expensive, and near impossible to farm as a wizard (can't get into a party with the APS craze we have now)

....And you couldn't stick that Rank 8 on your wizard? The sense it makes to stick Rank 8 on a toon that can't even run TT/Delta/Nirvana equals Zero.

[/facepalm]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Wow Born_Free thinks that wizards can run those instances better than psychics..

Have you ever even done any of those instances? Never mind a rebirth delta? With nearly 5 celestial fairies now I can tell you that psychics and wizards both are my favorite DDs to have in a delta, because nobody out-AOE's them, and it's extraordinarily common for psychics to hold aggro off wizards in delta. Stick with the psychic and don't listen to someone that spends more time on the forum than in game.

As for TT, Nirvana, and instances with a lot of [?] that isn't AOE, neither class is preferred.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Wow Born_Free thinks that wizards can run those instances better than psychics..
    Did I say that? No. I said it doesn't make sense if you have a 100 Wizard (you know, one of the most deadly endgame classes in the whole game) and you don't stick Rank 8 when it's available to you. You sir, have this uncanny ability to misinterpret everything I type down. I ask as politely as I can: Do you have dyslexia?

Have you ever even done any of those instances? Never mind a rebirth delta?
    Both on a cleric. ]I believe I mentioned that previously. Shows how well you pay attention, sir.

With nearly 5 celestial fairies now I can tell you that psychics and wizards both are my favorite DDs to have in a delta, because nobody out-AOE's them, and it's extraordinarily common for psychics to hold aggro off wizards in delta.
    Have you EVER seen WC call for a Psychic?
    Do send an SS if you happen to have one, I'd love to see it.

Stick with the psychic and don't listen to someone that spends more time on the forum than in game.
    There's a reason WHY I'm not in game as often. Some of us actually have college to attend. If you went to Harshlands while I was available to play, you'd find I spend a lot of time in game.

As for TT, Nirvana, and instances with a lot of [?] that isn't AOE, neither class is preferred.

[/5char]
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I watched urDian beat down two 9x Assassins. He didn't even move.
    There's a high chance that he has close to 20k Soulforce...without refines.

He could probably oneshot any BM or Assassin without a single problem with Soulburn or Red Tide. (I won't even mention the 100 skills, the thought simply terrifies me.)

....Anybody still think that Rank 8 isn't a problem?

lol....they should quit if they get killed by soulburn damage.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    lol....they should quit if they get killed by soulburn damage.

You have to remember that the Soulforce increases not only with level, but also with the refines of the gear they're wearing...and I believe that the Rank of that gear might have something to do with it as well.

urDian may very well have 20k soulforce (I haven't checked his stats yet, I need to do so next time I get the chance), with Longknife trailing behind since he hasn't refined his gear yet....they're the strongest Psychics on the server...and getting rank just stuck them further ahead. >.<;

So basically 20k Soulforce = 20k damage worth of Soulburn/Red Tide damage. (It's much harder to determine the damage on other soulforce skills due to the percentage that some skills have, and the level of the skills that may or may not be leveled.)

Trust me....Soulburn and Red Tide can hurt. Most of my kills come from Red Tide bleed stick.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    because nobody out-AOE's them

Please elaborate?

Veno (sage):
    1) Nova -Base dmg + 300% weapon dmg + 6606
    2) Noxious -Base dmg +200% weapon dmg + 2296 +2296 (ot)
    3) Nova -Base dmg + 300% weapon dmg + 6606
    4) Myriad Rainbow (chance for armor/ mind break)
    5) Malefic Crush -Base Patk + 7556

Wiz:
    Level 10 Dragon's Breath - base matk +4458.2 every 3 secs.
    Sage DB - base matk +4800 every 3 secs.

-Aggro for wizzies is more a matter of having Sage DB because of it's stun.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Born_Free, to answer your questions:

1. I went to college, and now have a good-paying job, so there is plenty of disposable income to spend on the game. I'm glad you are in college too, please stick with it. Trust me, it's worth it in the end.

2. Most likely. But getting killed gives me a reason to continue leveling.

3. I killed a higher-level assassin last night. Psychics are OP if they actually know how to play their class well (which most apparently don't).

4. My wizard is on Arch server, my psy is on LC. I moved servers because Arch is too dead for end-game players. I actually want PvP now. So buying rank 8 for my wizard would be pointless.
    edited December 2010
    Please elaborate?

Veno (sage):
    1) Nova -Base dmg + 300% weapon dmg + 6606
    2) Noxious -Base dmg +200% weapon dmg + 2296 +2296 (ot)
    3) Nova -Base dmg + 300% weapon dmg + 6606
    4) Myriad Rainbow (chance for armor/ mind break)
    5) Malefic Crush -Base Patk + 7556

Wiz:
    Level 10 Dragon's Breath - base matk +4458.2 every 3 secs.
    Sage DB - base matk +4800 every 3 secs.

-Aggro for wizzies is more a matter of having Sage DB because of it's stun.
    Nova -- not spammable.
    Noxious -- not spammable.
    Myriad rainbow -- not spammable.

DB can be competitive with psy AOE's but not more powerful. Veno's aren't even close.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Rank 8 requires level 100. A level 100 PURE MAG wiz has over 2k HP w/o equips. Rank 8 pants and shirt alone unrefined adds over 300.

I heard pigs fly.

2k = up to but not including 3k hp.

b:bye

EDIT: I just asked.. the wizard had just over 3k HP with barb buffs. Kinda like you. Horribly geared. lol

Tweakz, you're not really 13 are you. You're like 13 and 11 1/2 months old...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • tweakz
    edited December 2010
    Nova -- not spammable.
    Noxious -- not spammable.
    Myriad rainbow -- not spammable.

DB can be competitive with psy AOE's but not more powerful. Veno's aren't even close.

The argument is that they're not spammable? -I numbered them for a reason. This was what you posted: "because nobody out-AOE's them". -NOT: "no body out spams them". Veno gains much more from weapon refines and channeling in RB and can often easily rip aggro from wizzies w/o sage DB.
    Veno's aren't even close
    - elaborate.
  • tweakz
    edited December 2010
    Tweakz, you're not really 13 are you. You're like 13 and 11 1/2 months old...

Should I be reporting you to the internet crimes task force for being a potential danger to children?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Should I be reporting you to the internet crimes task force for being a potential danger to children?

Sure, and while you're doing that I'll be registering you to compete in the Special Olympics.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I bought Rank 8, since the soulsphere has a chance to get attack level +30. Also, you can buy the gear once per day, so you can try again each day until you get your equipment just the way you want it.

let us know how that goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Have you ever even done any of those instances? Never mind a rebirth delta? With nearly 5 celestial fairies now I can tell you that psychics and wizards both are my favorite DDs to have in a delta, because nobody out-AOE's them, and it's extraordinarily common for psychics to hold aggro off wizards in delta. Stick with the psychic and don't listen to someone that spends more time on the forum than in game.

"extraordinarily common" is an oxymoron

sorry for double post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010

sorry for double post
    Maybe if I used a synonym it might have made more sense to you? Unusually common -- in respect to beliefs about dmg versus what actually occurs.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Born_Free, to answer your questions:

1. I went to college, and now have a good-paying job, so there is plenty of disposable income to spend on the game. I'm glad you are in college too, please stick with it. Trust me, it's worth it in the end.
    Oh I'm not leaving Maryland Uni. anytime soon; Planning to work for the Pokemon Company.....ironically enough, working on developing an MMORPG. This is one of the main reasons why I'm playing MMO's: just to get the feel of how things should (or SHOULDN'T) work.... >.> I've certainly learned a lot from my three years here, that's for sure.

2. Most likely. But getting killed gives me a reason to continue leveling.
    Psychics die to almost everything (that's why we're usually spaming citrines in our gear)...you kinda get used to it. Then you hit 100 and suddenly nothing can kill you. I've watched urDian in action...he scares the hell out me. Makes me want to Hyper to 100, but I swore up and down I'd be doing this toon without spending a dime.

3. I killed a higher-level assassin last night. Psychics are OP if they actually know how to play their class well (which most apparently don't).
    We're a hard class to play; most people think you can just spam DD and win all the time. I'm glad there are so few Psychics around here; it really does take intelligence, planning, and an understanding of your classes abilities to really play a Psychic well. I have to say I'm impressed that you killed an assassin of higher level, or I would be, if you weren't in rank 8 gear...they're very tricky, especially if you're sparkless and are dumb enough to not be completely buffed while out of a SZ.

I personally hope that the Earthguard can balance out the OP that the TB seem to be afflicted with, much like the TB countered the OP that the Untamed were labeled as before. (Everybody hated Veno's and Barbs...)

4. My wizard is on Arch server, my psy is on LC. I moved servers because Arch is too dead for end-game players. I actually want PvP now. So buying rank 8 for my wizard would be pointless.
    THAT would make sense. I'm sorry for the confusion, but you weren't specific about which server the Wizard was on. In my experience, usually it's better to start on a PvP server, and if you don't like it, switch to PvE....you can usually figure out if PvP is good or bad for you BEFORE you spend too much time on a toon in that server...which isn't the case in PvE servers. (I found that out the hard way when I started in Heaven's Tear, lol.)

And Janus....Psychic AoE's are hardly spamable themselves. They have a slightly longer cooldown than people realize. It's a good thing we have five or six AoE's....
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010

sorry for double post

Uhhhhh... No? It isn't? In the context, 'extraordinarily' is an emphasis, so the phrase means "it's so common, it's unusually common". White cars are common. Imagine if you were driving, or riding on a bus, and 90% of all of the cars you saw where white. White cars would be extraordinarily common.

/English lesson

And back to the thread... As I've pointed out in other threads... R8 goes against my LA build, so I might get it for lols as well as -channeling on my veno, but complete set? Not likely. Unless it has more PDef than LA, I'll probably mix it with Nirvana/TT/FCC/Legendary when I get there. Which will take a long time, since I'm actually doing quests, and not just hypering, FCCing, Oracling, and n00bing my way to 100.

I might do R8 on my cleric, or BM. From what I have seen, been told, and am starting to consider general knowledge, the R8 veno weapon is not so great anyway, which actually is something holding me back from going all out for R8. And the cost... If I'm gonna spend $400 on a Herc and Nix... Why should I spend another $200 on gear? With SoF/PF selling for 15k +, there's huge doubt that I can farm coin for either of them, so it'll have to be obtained another way, and I don't have the income for that. So... Thumbs down on R8 for me.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited December 2010

sorry for double post
    I would also point to an oxymoron that you, a law student, might recognize..

"Criminal justice".
    And Janus....Psychic AoE's are hardly spamable themselves. They have a slightly longer cooldown than people realize. It's a good thing we have five or six AoE's....
    One would say BM AOE's are spammable. They have enough to do continuous AOE's (sweep, fissure, cleave, fist, cyclone, axe, sweep, etc.. just my personal favorite). Venos do not. Psychics have a similar array of earth and water skills as well as a stun skill that take 1-2 seconds to pull off (for the damage skills -- more channeling the better), whereas DB is an interval of 3 seconds each no matter what.

How many deltas have you done with your psychic?