Server Crash - Fashion LOST

Options
Chibiusa - Dreamweaver
Chibiusa - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Few mins ago the server Dreamweaver crashed, everybody got a dc, and I wasn't abel
to log in for next ~5 mins. After I logged in back (I kinda was scared somebody **** me) I checked all my stuff, and since it happend once to me before, fashion is missing!!!

First time I had that nightmare, when I was up to connect to the Delta Rebirth zone,
I got a bad DC, after I wasn't abel to force log and reconnect to the game.
That time I were missing 6 pieces of random fashion pieces from my wardarobe >_<
I noticed it few mins later, while I checked out my fashion macros, wich were incomplete.
(because the pieces of fash disappeard with no trace from the wardarobe)

100% I didn't traded, sold, or dropped those fashions!

Complete shocked I wrote a ticked, to get help - and may get my loved fashion back.
After few days I got a 1 sentence answer on my ticked ->
"sorry we can't find any sighn that this fashion got traded, dropped or sold... "
Ironically I wrote that 5 times in my ticked, that I lost them by some DC-Glitch, and
not from dropping/selling/trading them. b:angry
I don't got anyhting back, and not any single minute of support. ~dissapointed~

Today close the same happend again, and I won't write this time again some ticked.
After the DC/Server Crash, I lost 2 pairs of my most loved shoes, pure red Yule Heels, and pure back one. I am not even abel to buy them again, couz they not aviable in the botique. ~Gulps

Thats how it looked like after I connected back and realized that fashion is missing again:
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5215/fashionmissing.jpg

I asked my friend who got also a DC, she was right next to me.
She is missing her fairy slippers in white. WTF is going on here?

Is ther somebody out , who is missing loved fashions after DCs/ Server crashes too?

Please help the fashion victims! b:sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Chibiusa - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Opening this one since Chubiusa edited the post in the other thread.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    duplicate thread

Lol...that's a great answer to resolve her problem :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Send in a ticket with screenshots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Chibiusa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes I just wanted to edit it, but it poped up a 2x post. ~ Sorry b:surrender

I already wrote a Ticked + SS and all that additional stuff. What came out? Nothing.
    I wouldn't went on the forum and made that post, if ther would have been a kind of
    propper support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm afraid the GMs can't offer you any help on the forums, however you should send a support ticket with screenshots and the team will be more than happy to assist you http://support.perfectworld.com/

EDIT:
    If you sent a ticket already which I now see you have, please give the team some time and they will help you as soon as they get to your ticket. If the servers crashed a few minutes ago and you lost your fashion just then, you can't simply expect the team to respond to you that quickly. Tickets usually take 1-2 days to process and receive a reply. Thanks for your patience!
  • Marche - Harshlands
    Marche - Harshlands Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    while the event of you losing fashion is unfortunate and it must really suck :( i doubt the GMs can do anything about it tbh

like u say it jus went poof like some criss angel -removed- basically i find that hard to believe...and i think its against some GM rule to give u new -removed- if u have no real evidence u lost it to begin with aka u with the heals now u dont have them o.O

ona side note i wanna say 2 things 1 the way u organize ur cloths is kinda funny/scary O.o i wonder what ur like in RL with ur clothing and shoes......

second your a r8 veno just go run around arch and buy 2 new pairs and dye them dear lord

and lol ur a r8 veno xD no offense but thats kinda fail....
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm afraid the GMs can't offer you any help on the forums, however you should send a support ticket with screenshots and the team will be more than happy to assist you http://support.perfectworld.com/

EDIT:
    If you sent a ticket already which I now see you have, please give the team some time and they will help you as soon as they get to your ticket. If the servers crashed a few minutes ago and you lost your fashion just then, you can't simply expect the team to respond to you that quickly. Tickets usually take 1-2 days to process and receive a reply. Thanks for your patience!

You see here is the problem shelly.
    The same thing happened to her like 1 and a half months ago, she send several tickets, and in the end they didnt help her at all.

@Marche : lmao positing that in 2 threads already?Damn you must be jealous.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Marche - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The same thing happened to her like 1 and a half months ago, she send several tickets, and in the end they didnt help her at all.

@Marche : lmao positing that in 2 threads already?Damn you must be jealous.

they moved the other one :( and why would i be jelous of a r8 WF o.O i have a r8 of my own ona alt i made :3
  • MeowPurr - Dreamweaver
    MeowPurr - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

deleted
  • chaoticshelly
    edited November 2010
    Options

The GMs can't reimburse lost items or coin. I've lost items and coin before due to game glitches and bugs (never crashes, though), while it sucks, its something you can get back with a little bit of work.

However these tickets help the team determine what went wrong during the crash, and help in attempting to prevent it in the future.

I find it strange this happened to begin with, wonder how is that possible.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    they moved the other one :( and why would i be jelous of a r8 WF o.O i have a r8 of my own ona alt i made :3

If you ran some tests, you'd see that rank8 for veno is as good as for wiz and cleric.
    Still the 3rd best weapon after warsoul and rank9.
    While also getting an awesome armor and unlike sucky archer,wiz or cleric - pants,
    the veno one is pretty damn nice.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Marche - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If you ran some tests, you'd see that rank8 for veno is as good as for wiz and cleric.
    Still the 3rd best weapon after warsoul and rank9.
    While also getting an awesome armor and unlike sucky archer,wiz or cleric - pants,
    the veno one is pretty damn nice.

wrong venos are basically fail wood mages now by saying R8 is good for a veno ur basically saying having phys attack ona Magic wep is good....

lol? btw i have run tests :3 venos have the LOWEST magic dmg off all the classes by giving them r8 ur basically handing them a stick and sayin u will be op...

as well LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL u think r8 is good on a cleric.....wtf is wrong with u mana glaive ftw? LMAO go r6 wep ona cleric much better then a mana glaive lmao

only good r8 is mage archer and perhaps psy lolol thats it

as well um for a veno hun u may wanna think about using the nirvana glaive :3 its much better then the r8 wep infact i would even say anything nirvana is better then r8

except again for the bow magic sword or soul sphere lol
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Perhaps you should stop with the discussion about rank 8 gear on venomancers afterall, this isn't what the thread is meant to be about.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chibiusa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    duplicate thread

Thanks for the help and suggestion!

I am dissapointed even more.
    So I've to be scared to lose my fashions or coins after
    every DC or server crash? Hello? LoL? "...and with a little bit work u can get that back.. "IMAO? Tempting to just deinstall that game ^_^ good that I didn't spend 1$ in here and that's maybe the reason for this kind of treatment here.

@Marche, yah I am a failed wood mage, you don't know me, nothing about my R8,
    so stop prejudice me. It's a tribute to my friends, okay? Ty

Sad that ther are even here on the forums, such hate spreeding ppls.
    How bout enjoy the game and have fun, huh?
    If you have nothing better to trash about, go and harass somebody else,
    and stop hijack my post. Ty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i hope that my shoes aret missing.. oh wait they are crappy boots anyway b:avoid

but yeah, submit a ticket and gl chibi :(
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The GMs can't reimburse lost items or coin. I've lost items and coin before due to game glitches and bugs (never crashes, though), while it sucks, its something you can get back with a little bit of work.

However these tickets help the team determine what went wrong during the crash, and help in attempting to prevent it in the future.

GMs can reimburse for lost items/gold
    they've done it in the past, but your going to have to come with some proof.

GMs can also ask for coin back from over-reimbursement.

IDK if they can spawn coin, but they can spawn gold/packs, from which its pretty easy to get coin again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    hope you get your stuff back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

not true. there's a TT wepeon on Dreamweaver with no crafter Gm's gave a person back as reimburse for x reason. som1 in old Calamity also once npced some event item and got it back also.

guess ya gotta be lucky.

i find it weird a mod doesnt even know gm's can reimburse and even state otherwise.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    well its not like the gm's give the mods a huge rule book :o?
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • chaoticshelly
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm stating what I know. Of course it depends on the case however as far as I'm informed they cannot and won't reimburse most to all cases as it is hard to come up with a proof for loss of items. There are rare cases in which it has happened, but they are in fact rare.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    A PWI server is a multi-threaded Linux box. Different threads handle different tasks, and if one of those threads crashes the game can still run, but certain parts of it will fail.

For example, the game could appear to be running fine, but the thread that handles log-in/out authentication could be crashed. If that happened nobody would be able to log-in and nobody who was currently playing would be able to log-out, which means all the actions they take during their gaming session would be lost since there would be no way to save their updated character data.

My suspicion is that the wardrobe is a special thread that handles moving items from the character inventory database to the special wardrobe storage database, and when the server went down different parts of it died at different times, thus losing data. To make sure this type of thing can't happen would require the game to use a both a fully journaled file system and fully journaled database information exchange system.

Linux supports the file system journaling, but by default it's only mostly journaled, so unless PWI has set up their servers correctly this could certainly have caused the loss. As for the journaled database exchange, that depends entirely upon the skill of the Devs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    not true. there's a TT wepeon on Dreamweaver with no crafter Gm's gave a person back as reimburse for x reason. som1 in old Calamity also once npced some event item and got it back also.

guess ya gotta be lucky.

i find it weird a mod doesnt even know gm's can reimburse and even state otherwise.

I don't. It's her we're talking about. All "forum lurkers" should know it's been done before. It might not be reimbursed, but it certainly CAN.
    I'm stating what I know. Of course it depends on the case however as far as I'm informed they cannot and won't reimburse most to all cases as it is hard to come up with a proof for loss of items. There are rare cases in which it has happened, but they are in fact rare.

*Sigh*

@OP, sorry to hear about it. Wonder if there is a "thief" or if those items went to a random lucky person? Anyway... hope you get satisfied 1 way or another.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I hope you get your items back I know for me I would not be happy with being told its no great loss you can earn it back again...It's not to do with the value more the principle would you give that same responce to someone who lost a valauble weapon?

If there is no record of the item being sold or traded then surley it could only be a glitch and should be reimbursed every item on this game has a unique refrence that can be checked in the database shouldent be to hard to track it down.

And no good telling her to submit a ticket if she gets fobbed of with the anwser she posted.

Last time I tried a ticket I posted my problem and got an awnser back telling me nothing could be done if I wanted to appeal to sumbit another ticket... and when I did I got a reply to that message saying "Thanks for keeping us updated" and they closed the ticket again. Live help I have never seen on and we cant talk to GM's directly fail system is failing.

Not wise to inform people if the game glitches and you loose items to suck it up... Thats my opinion anyway.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The GMs can't reimburse lost items or coin.

/facepalm

Yes, they can and have done so in the past.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Friend accidently NPC'd her herc pet. She sent in a ticket and they did give it back to her. The GMs do have a system to track everything a player does, and I do mean everything. If you stand around for 1 hour, 14 minutes and 03 seconds, it's in their files. If you run around counter clockwise 23 times, stop for 5 seconds, jump up and down for 12, then fly clockwise for 1 minute, it's also in their files. The ticket response alone is proof they used it. They said there is no history of you NPCing, dropping, etc. You can respond to these tickets and request further assistance be taken and try to recover or figure out what happened.

It's no excuse that their servers go down and the players lose their items and the only response back is "work to gain it back."
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    For all Fashion lovers out there, hope you get your Fashions back :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The GMs do have a system to track everything a player does, and I do mean everything.

Yes, they do. Every single item in-game that is yours or is associated with you is known to them.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Well if there's a record of you buying it (and there is) and there's no record of it being dropped, NPC'd, traded, or anything else, then it stand to reason that it disappeared without reason, and it should be given back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well if there's a record of you buying it (and there is) and there's no record of it being dropped, NPC'd, traded, or anything else, then it stand to reason that it disappeared without reason, and it should be given back.

Exactly.