Most skilled for their class?

Isaphet - Heavens Tear
Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Etherblade (West)
Difficult to judge as we wont all have played with everyone, but it will be interesting to see a number of different names crop up over an over.

My list, which I'm sorting in about 30 seconds from people who I have personally seen play really well time and time again.

BM : Ehmi, just shouldnt be able to do what they do in TW with that gear.
Barb : Mutzz, has very good but not the best gear, and always does it right.
Wiz : Evanera, Honesty, scrubby. Can't decide so I'm putting all three!
Veno: absolute nfi
Archer: Fyren. There were again a few I wanted to say, but Fyren has always stood out when I've been fighting against or with him.
Cleric: Difficult choice, I'm gonna go with Rad's #1 cleric, Jasrina.
Sin: Really sins seem so abc in what they do, its difficult to distinguish skill, so I'm gonna abstain again.
Psychic: Exegesis, pro.

Some really close calls, looking back over there are a number of names I want to add in still! Mono, you can assume that you may have been one of those names if you like b:pleased
Post edited by Isaphet - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Barb: Domgrath, Kashin, The_Wall
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsychedHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychedHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Psychic: Estuary ....... Hands down
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Barb : Mutzz, has very good but not the best gear, and always does it right.

I assume he never wears a charm, right Isa?

RedMenace

\don't get him started
    \\still charmed, in the hopes Isa will notice and rage
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    lol, as a matter of fact, I think he tries to only charm for TW
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    A few off the top of my head (from a pvp perspective, mostly people who I TW'd with and against)

BM: kasmog, frodo, ehmi, taleon, cchuck
    Wiz: Tsungfai, Ty, Sheswes, xHonestyx, jxnostalgia
    Cleric: Marin (healing) fimm, KoRAnubis (dd)
    Archer: thehate (thehat), Fyr00000n (Fyren) ALUBA, LegendaryBis, DeltaSkys
    Barb: Kashin (DD), Domgrath, The_Wall, Jimbo, Neifer (pulling)
    Veno: Momento, oOoPVDoOo, Sadpuma, Mystic-Night, Chireu, icygrl (wildcard, does pretty well with his amazingly ghetto gear)

Sin and Psy are kinda tricky to call. Xyrex, OriginalSin, Mikkoloki stand out as sins. Exegesis and Anuresymal (sp) as psys, but theres not a huge amount of competition in 'top end' TW and these are some of the better geared and more experianced in TW from other classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    Hojuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    BM: smellfish, gsx
    Wiz: tsungfai, even tho i only squadded with him like... once. but watching mobs drop in rb before properly reaching his db just kinda made me smile.
    Cleric: aura, hands down. nubis too just so he doesn't ***** about not being on my list ;o
    Archer: my wife and gti
    Veno: lyritha, from a pvp standpoint i'd have to say sara but maybe that's just the gear, i just know i die. fast. QQ
    Sin: no clue
    Psy: exegesis
    Barb: payup, watching him solo 3-2 emp with just an archer kinda made my day (cleric died at 30%)
    there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    BM : Ehmi, kasmog, Frodinho :D
    Barb : Kashin, Domgrath, The_Wall, and a little known barb engozeneko(sp?), who was unfortunately only with us for a short time.
    Wiz : Tsungfai, Ty, jxnostalgia were the wizards who stood out to me
    Veno: Chireu and Aviax for venos I still see around. Back in the day I had a lot of respect also for Antigone and sadpuma, who I haven't seen around for a while.
    Archer: Fyren, LegendaryBis, thehate, are the ones who come to mind first.
    Cleric: I'd have to say Gale here, especially because she has the sexiest legs. Marin is also a very good cleric. Fimmelpotze and KoRAnubis are the PK clerics I tend to remember.
    Sin: Xyrex, hands down!
    Psychic: Exegesis, but only because he seems to be the only psychic who's ever landed a last hit on me to end up in my logs (and he does it a lot!) I've seen other psychics around but I only seem to end up dead when they attack me if a bunch of other people are attacking me at the same time.

This list could be a lot longer but I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen many of my guild mates in action, so I can't honestly list them all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    My list is not gonna be based on gear, although a lot of them will stand out with gear lol

BM : Taleon, Beuhar_fr, Denrae, Cotto, Kugav
    Barb : jimbo, _Blazin, Garrand, Ulfric, The_Wall
    Wiz : Tsungfai, Ty, jxnostalgiaw
    Veno: sadpuma
    Archer: Fyren, LegendaryBis, thehate, Yasmine, GTIMIKEE
    Cleric: Blessing, fimmelpotze
    Sin: To me sins are just about stealth, spark, stun lock and aps. So no idea.
    Psychic: Aneurysmal, Exegesis
    ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
    ~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2010

This list could be a lot longer but I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen many of my guild mates in action, so I can't honestly list them all.

I have this problem also, guess its just the nature of our roles in TW. Even people who have TW'd with enrage week in, week out for the last months, sometimes I just rarely / never see them, as theyre around doing their own thing and fulfilling their own roles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    BM : Ehmi, kasmog, Frodinho :D
    Barb : Kashin, Domgrath, The_Wall, and a little known barb engozeneko(sp?), who was unfortunately only with us for a short time.
    Wiz : Tsungfai, Ty, jxnostalgia were the wizards who stood out to me
    Veno: Chireu and Aviax for venos I still see around. Back in the day I had a lot of respect also for Antigone and sadpuma, who I haven't seen around for a while.
    Archer: Fyren, LegendaryBis, thehate, are the ones who come to mind first.
    Cleric: I'd have to say inventor here, especially because he has the sexiest world chats. Marin is also a very good cleric. Fimmelpotze and KoRAnubis are the PK clerics I tend to remember.
    Sin: Xyrex, hands down!
    Psychic: Exegesis, but only because he seems to be the only psychic who's ever landed a last hit on me to end up in my logs (and he does it a lot!) I've seen other psychics around but I only seem to end up dead when they attack me if a bunch of other people are attacking me at the same time.

Fixed for better accuracy b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Oh yea, forgot to add Denrae. Most annoying/successful (synonymous in this case) stun-and-run BM ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Oh yea, forgot to add Denrae. Most annoying/successful (synonymous in this case) stun-and-run BM ever.

If thats in TW, then you can see why he's on my list :D

Great BMs don't stand there and die after a stun lol
    ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
    ~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury
  • Nubispotze - Heavens Tear
    Nubispotze - Heavens Tear Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If thats in TW, then you can see why he's on my list :D

Great BMs don't stand there and die after a stun lol

iv seen lotta bms die before they get stun or right after IG is off b:chuckle
    Exegesis-103-Psychic--blackballs, blueballs, pinkballs, hairless balls. You got a lotta balls to be applying to Enrage...AND ask for a private denial reason? gg man. gg.
  • BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear
    BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hmm, all the epic players have been listed, few more;
    BM: ultimadrift, CrimsonX, Ehmi and Frod, no question about those 2, GSX_R
    Barb: Mutzz, The_Wall, _blazin (when he was on his barb), Kashin I guess DD wise, even though a barb with atleast 20khp in human will 1 shot most arcanes/light
    Cleric: Marin for sure, Disarmonia_X, KoRA, even though we've had disputes, still great as a Cleric.
    Wizard: ->_Evil_Angel<- Number 1 on the server. Don't get all excited cause he's possibly the worst b:laugh, Evanera, GiantSquiddy, xHonestyx, Cagliostro (Fimmel's always been 1 of the best players survivability wise)
    Archer: GTI, Bis, AcidBurnZ, ArcherDevil (insane DD), ALUBA.. surviving wise yes, DD'ing wise nuh
    Psychic: Aneurysmal - no questions about that, pro all around.
    Sin: OriginalSinX, _Slice_, Xyrex,

The rest I can possibly think of, have already been listed.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hmm, all the epic players have been listed, few more;
    BM: ultimadrift, CrimsonX, Ehmi and Frod, no question about those 2, GSX_R
    Barb: Mutzz, The_Wall, _blazin (when he was on his barb), Kashin I guess DD wise, even though a barb with atleast 20khp in human will 1 shot most arcanes/light
    Cleric: Marin for sure, Disarmonia_X, KoRA, even though we've had disputes, still great as a Cleric.
    Wizard: ->_Evil_Angel<- Number 1 on the server. Don't get all excited cause he's possibly the worst b:laugh, Evanera, GiantSquiddy, xHonestyx, Cagliostro (Fimmel's always been 1 of the best players survivability wise)
    Archer: GTI, Bis, AcidBurnZ, ArcherDevil (insane DD), ALUBA.. surviving wise yes, DD'ing wise nuh
    Psychic: Aneurysmal - no questions about that, pro all around.
    Sin: OriginalSinX, _Slice_, Xyrex,

The rest I can possibly think of, have already been listed.

I've been killed far more times by Exegesis than Aneurysmal, so i think that should be there as well as _Damnation.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Hmm true, forgot those 2.
    Also, Forgot Veno's.
    Veno: Chireu, BellFire, georgyanawe, HongNgan if that's spelt right.
  • MissyLucifer - Heavens Tear
    MissyLucifer - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Not exactly sure which part is ALUBA bad at DD'ing, but last i know, he still hurts a fair bit... Probably not on HA, i guess... b:shutup
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Not exactly sure which part is ALUBA bad at DD'ing, but last i know, he still hurts a fair bit... Probably not on HA, i guess... b:shutup

Missyb:flower
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissyLucifer - Heavens Tear
    MissyLucifer - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b:flower hello, surreal~ b:cute
    hehe, made it to reply =P
    edited November 2010
    Didn't mean he was bad, he does hit hard yes. Still room for improvement, but I guess everyone has room for improvement. I just think if he used his skills more he would do so much better lol. But dun get me wrong, baba is an awesome guy b:victory
  • Vlarkin - Heavens Tear
    Vlarkin - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It appears alot of the responses are more based on gear than skill.

my choices excluding the 1s who would suck without their CSed gear.

BM: Steopie (greatest RB BM Ever) kasmoq was exceptional in his day.

Wiz: old school FrozenFlame, now Cagliostro (Fimmel)

Cleric: this is rather hard. donno If i like support or DD better.

Archer: LegendaryBis (good skills even without his gear) and Fyren

Veno: Mystic ofc

Barb: Most skilled was Gyonax

Sin: Xyrex (aka YAO)

Psy: no earthly idea
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Agreed Vlark, though thats often going to be the case.

As far as DD clerics go, I'd put Funky_Chicken comfortably ahead of the other names mentioned skill wise. Not in a real TW faction so easy to overlook if you don't see him often in pk.

georgy is one of the best solo / pk venos too, no better than average in a team situation though which lets her down a bit.

Not sure how I overlooked Bis on my archer list lol (it was a 30 second list >.<), but definitely agreed, Bis and Fyren for sure.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I am surprised sadpuma doesn't appear on these lists anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear
    Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Blademaster: CrimsonX/JFourier
    Wizard: tough one. Evanera (aka Mystic: a Good player, is a good player. No matter the class.)
    Venomancer: Mystic-Night; Ylime.
    Barbarian: Old biscuiteater, b4 all the cash shop and Ego. BEASTisBOSS.
    Archer: LegendaryBis; Fyren (Both tend to like to put Barrages on meQQ;)
    Cleric: Support: Marin; DD: MsEvilness
    Assassin: Xyrex (Your O.P. YAO, but always been a good player); OriginalSinX; _Slice_
    Psychic: Aneurysmal: I'm partial to my hubby, but I'll put Exegesis as 2nd.
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    ~PWI status: Retired
    P.S. and happily ever after: with Aneu~
    b:kiss
  • Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear
    Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Oh yea.... Forgot to Add Blazin_ and Niefer. Niefer was awesome on a barb, same as old neo. QQ;

And for Archer, old school: Still put defected as #1.
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    ~PWI status: Retired
    P.S. and happily ever after: with Aneu~
    b:kiss
  • Nubispotze - Heavens Tear
    Nubispotze - Heavens Tear Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    sleepcat wrote: »
    I am surprised sadpuma doesn't appear on these lists anymore.

Blademaster: kasmog
    Wizard: Evil_Angel_ , Fimme
    Venomancer: Sadpuma (best veno Demon/Sage ever for pvp on server)
    Barbarian: Carni ( i remember him in TT 90 gear w/. wood def gems, during the age of the venos)
    Archer: LegendaryBis; Fyren, Aesthor, thehate
    Cleric: no comment -_-
    Assassin: Xyrex by far.
    Psychic: meh id say gors phy skills > others

i cant not pick another cleric because im so picky on the way they play. so ima just let it be
    Exegesis-103-Psychic--blackballs, blueballs, pinkballs, hairless balls. You got a lotta balls to be applying to Enrage...AND ask for a private denial reason? gg man. gg.
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Didn't mean he was bad, he does hit hard yes. Still room for improvement, but I guess everyone has room for improvement. I just think if he used his skills more he would do so much better lol. But dun get me wrong, baba is an awesome guy b:victory

Then how do you put him in a most skilled list? O.o
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It's so hard to differentiate the gear vs skill w/ so many people but 1 person has ALWAYS stuck out for me no matter what the situation was and that was ylime. Be it pve or pvp she has always stuck out w/ the things she has done. A few examples were when we were twing weekly while in Tao vs TE. She got fed up w/ our cat barbs and pmed me asking if she could pull a cat and from that point on she repeatedly pulled cats for us while in Tao. She would singlehandedly kill the opposing cat squads f/ TE while pulling a cat herself, take 10m down f/ TE's crystal WITH NO HEALS, and also she'd dual box while in Tw pulling cats winning the nien event on Neomcoy. Then she also won the pk tourney on 2 dif characters on the same night (her sin and her veno) at least once. She's never cash shopped a single cent and rarely merchanted and has always had good but not great gear compared to some of the other venos listed.

Two tw barbs who have stuck out for me have been thewall and jimbo. No matter what the situation has ever been; the moment either 1 of them gets anchored onto a crystal the tw is over. Yah other barbs have better gear, more hp etc. but nothing has ever stricken as much fear/excitement as seeing one of them anchored onto a crystal in tw. Nothing like listening in vent to jimbo counting down the crystal's hp and knowing there isn't a damn thing the opponent will be able to do about it and thewall is the same damn way in tw. Let either one of them get anchored onto a crystal and it's game over. There's some barbs out there w/ better gear and I won't disparrage them by mentioning them here but these 2 have always stuck out for me in tw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I have to agree with raw on the barbs.Those too are epic
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
This discussion has been closed.