TT Farming

lost0716
lost0716 Posts: 92 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Ok...so yeah...I world chat a few times and I find a squad for TT1-3...amazing cause no one ever wants to do anything out of FC and Nirvana these days. Squad was made of a 91 sin, 95 wizzy, 80 BM and a 70 cleric. I know...wide level range...but everyone needed something out of the instance. Now on to the meat of the problem...At 9x with a sin why would any of the mobs/bosses give me grief...I mean...I was actually having trouble with these bosses...was killing the snake boss and just randomly got 1 shot for 10hp over my max. Then boss proceeded to 1 shot the rest of the squad 1 by 1. If I'm having trouble at 9x in a 6x instance how are 6x people supposed to farm their gear? Take out the stupid manly mode. You want to combat farming? Put a level restriction on the instance. If you aren't in the level range for the instance you shouldn't be allowed in. This would also balance out the economy a tad considering the low level people could sell the mats they farmed. But this is just my random rage cause I don't think my OP sin build should get 1 shot by a boss made for level 60. And yes...my sin is just a tad op for its level.

Anywho...guess I'll end my rant and laugh at all the flame I'm about to get.

/end rant
/begin flames
Post edited by lost0716 on

Comments

• RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Maybe you didn't kill enough mobs? Are there mob counts in 1-3?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • lost0716
    edited November 2010
    no mob count that I saw...at least I never got a popup and there wasn't a quest counter...and besides all that...I killed every mob on the way to make sure the squishy cleric friend of mine could get through...got an apocalypse page out of itb:victory...but yeah...its just crappy that at 9x I'm having difficulty in a 6x instance...I mean...I can run through bh51 with just a blood paint and annihilate everything in less than 30 mins...and I can solo BH59 with just cleric buffs and bloodpaint...but a 7x cleric spamming me with IH and I'm demon sparking 3.33aps topped with bloodpaint and I get 1 shot by a boss thats supposed to be killed by a 6x...does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture?
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You got 1-shot by the snake boss in 1-3?

Did you try to tank it inside the room, or did you pull the ***** outside onto the edge that you have to jump off to get to the final boss?

If you did it in the room, YOU MY GOOD SIR ARE A ******. It'll spawn hand's green circles that'll kill your *** w/o trouble.
    If you did it outside the room, YOU ARE THE SMART TT'ER! No green circle spawns that'll kill ya in a heartbeat and pretty easy boss.

P.S. 1-3 isn't meant for lvl 60's hell they can't even open 1-2 at 60.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    havent tried 1-3 lately, but i did solo 1-2 when 2x started. I just afk charm tanked it on a demon spark macro (plat hp charm cost me 1.5 mil) total drops i got can go for over 4 mil after 2x ends b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • lost0716
    edited November 2010
    yes...I pulled it out of the room...way out on the ledge away from the doorway...cleric got squeamish cause I ran right to her with a big snake following me...but yeah...I pulled it out and I know 1-3 isn't meant for lv60s...you can start doing TT at 60 to get your TT60 weapon...although the mobs were overly green to me and between levels 74-82...but that still is beside the point...I should not have had any problems with this instance.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    For 1 at level 60 you Def is ALOT dif so the bosses will hit you harder i can go on my 100 BM and prob get hit 1-2k by snake he hits a bit hard and assassin **** P. def.

At 60 ONLY DO 1-1 you can have a 100 cleric healing and best gear for ya level but still gonna get your butt kicked the **** out of assassin that need that place don't really tank it due to drummer and soulgather.

And 10k over you max HP you must have 2k HP and no pdef for that to happen cause that dont sound even possible.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
    edited November 2010
    lost0716 wrote: »
    yes...I pulled it out of the room...way out on the ledge away from the doorway...cleric got squeamish cause I ran right to her with a big snake following me...but yeah...I pulled it out and I know 1-3 isn't meant for lv60s...you can start doing TT at 60 to get your TT60 weapon...although the mobs were overly green to me and between levels 74-82...but that still is beside the point...I should not have had any problems with this instance.

Do the instance again then. Could of just been a weird glitch or lag that happened.
  • lost0716
    edited November 2010
    For 1 at level 60 you Def is ALOT dif so the bosses will hit you harder i can go on my 100 BM and prob get hit 1-2k by snake he hits a bit hard and assassin **** P. def.

At 60 ONLY DO 1-1 you can have a 100 cleric healing and best gear for ya level but still gonna get your butt kicked the **** out of assassin that need that place don't really tank it due to drummer and soulgather.

And 10k over you max HP you must have 2k HP and no pdef for that to happen cause that dont sound even possible.

My sin is 91 and I have by no means **** pdef...and I didn't say 10k hp over...I said about 10hp over my max here is my build http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=10dde8c1369d0d32...so yeah it hit me for about 4750 when I checked the damage log.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well the snake in 1-3 has a strong magic attack.

Maybe it's because it's meant for a lvl 70-80 barb?

Bloodpaint won't help with one-shots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    we been having the same promble in tt 1.3 but with dummer boss 1 shotting a 101 bm b:shocked then my pet and then myself then doing a team whipe this has happen on two diffrent runs we never had this promble before maybe get us down half way with his aoe but never one shotted the BM intill now soo kinda WTF they changed TT in some way even some of the Mobs & bosses in TT 2.2 are hitting harder then before
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Simply put, you have eww mdef, and O.,o Hp... snakes magic attack WILL 1 shot you.
    Drum will 1 shot you if you aren't inside BB. same goes for the rest of the bosses...
    Bosses are meant to be tanked by a BARB due to the fact they have the HP for the dmg to fall back upon.b:bye

OR

A player with enough hp and okee def.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Not even 5k hp at level 90? I'm not surprised.

It's pretty apparent you follow the typical "all I need is damage and absolutely nothing else" build which will get you ***** in instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Simply put, you have eww mdef, and O.,o Hp... snakes magic attack WILL 1 shot you.
    Drum will 1 shot you if you aren't inside BB. same goes for the rest of the bosses...
    Bosses are meant to be tanked by a BARB due to the fact they have the HP for the dmg to fall back upon.b:bye

OR

A player with enough hp and okee def.b:cute

he was still one shotting us in BB b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    same problem for me,

i used to be able to Solo 1-3 with my herc before the TT mix up of 2 weeks ago.

now after they have gone back to the "real man's TT" Drum 1hits my herc.

so does wurlord b:cry

guess they thout that the mid levels didn't spend enough $$

edit: your a freakin Sin, let a barb tank when you are with a squad
    if you want to go suicide tanking do it by yourself with your own cleric or a realy close friend cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    he was still one shotting us in BB b:surrender

LOL b:shocked

ummm second cleric? LOL
    or have a better tank/ more DD in sq lol

~sorry b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    That's quite odd. We had a level 87 Veno tank Drummer with a Herc today, no problem, in 1-3. Also had a squad do Drummer in 1-3 with no squad wipes...

I keep hearing stories about fail squads. I have yet to be in one myself it would seem...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    same problem for me,

if you want to go suicide tanking do it by yourself with your own cleric or a realy close friend cleric

Um after reading the post right before this of mine..... I have to ask. Is your Herc even YOUR LEVEL? I saw a 80 veno once have her herc die on Farren in 39 and she couldn't figure out why..... damn thing was lvl 1 she just got it.... b:surrender

Edit: least i think it was farren...
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ehm are you sure you payed attention in school?

same problem for me,

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • NSAT - Lost City
    NSAT - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i thought they only tweaked 3-x, not 1-x or 2-x...

1-3 is for 8x, not 6x.

umm... idk how much harder 1-3 is, but my sin w/ 4.7k hp can tank all of 1-2 and 2-1 w/ bb on the hard bosses...
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    nothing was tweaked in 1-x. I hear talk of 2-3 doggy being tweaked but haven't investigated myself. drummer, before he starts aoe-ing can do a hard magic hit (i've seen upwards of 3500 on a lvl 101 herc) followed immediately by a 1300-1800 physical hit. hercs have much more magic def than a BM, and that 1-2 punch can take out a herc fairly easily if you get unlucky. soulbanisher is pretty much the same, but with stronger aoe after the 50% HP mark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Didn't tank 1-3 on this char yet, but I remember tanking it on my old barb on HT in his upper 7x and without BB drum and soul were capable of doing 9k+ magic damage in 1 hit if I missed a cancel

Now a sin tanking it even with BB could die by no cancel and then imedatly followed up by a physical hit

also I find 1-1 and 1-2 a cakewalk compared to 1-3(I find 1-3 bosses to be twice as hard hitting as their 1-2 versions)
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    A Sin below 99 using fists. I was depressed for a moment there.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • lost0716
    edited November 2010
    A Sin below 99 using fists. I was depressed for a moment there.

don't know why you would get depressed by a sin below 99 using fists...I do about the same DoT w/fists as I do with Hook and Thorn...but I get in a few extra hits with the fists and build chi faster therefore I get to spark faster...at 95 my aps goes from 3.33 -> 3.85 and then again at 99 3.85 -> 5.0 sparked...just cause I'm switching to fists/claws for my auto attack is nothing to laugh at...you can put your weps on your hotbar to switch after using skills
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    1-x and 2-x were not altered beyond adding the mob count to 2-3. If you're dying in there, it is your fault.

I could tank 1-3 in fox form with two clerics. One to bb on needed bosses and DD otherwise. One to heal. ****, my eq was all freaking +3. Only real problem was I had to be careful with what DDs came since...fox form is pretty **** for aggro holding.

Or basically...get another cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lost0716 wrote: »
    don't know why you would get depressed by a sin below 99 using fists...I do about the same DoT w/fists as I do with Hook and Thorn...but I get in a few extra hits with the fists and build chi faster therefore I get to spark faster...at 95 my aps goes from 3.33 -> 3.85 and then again at 99 3.85 -> 5.0 sparked...just cause I'm switching to fists/claws for my auto attack is nothing to laugh at...you can put your weps on your hotbar to switch after using skills

... There is no 3.85 aps.

And sparking with 3.33 gives you 5 aps.

But the thing is, you cannot get 5 APS pre-99. Best you can get is 4 aps sparked. And even that requires that you have an event tome. And having an event tome pre-99 is kinda sad, considering that it costs less than all the TT99 pieces you'd want to own eventually.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Off topic here, Hey Baaaalllll!!!!! Why is that convo your screeny? I'm watching you...b:chuckle
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    They didn't change 1-3, my 9x sin can solo 1-3 squad mode. You could really use some more hp or magdef if you're gonna tank boss's which do magic damage. Get a warsoul of earth and use critine shards. I have over a thousand more hp than you with my pure dex build. Garnet shards aren't the best idea if you wanna tank stuff that uses magic attacks... With your current build boss's that do magic attacks or mix magic up with physical are gonna kill you easy.
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    fists, + no TT90 pieces, 3-1 is far easier to farm than 1-3 so mby u should upgrade to TT90 then try to tank instead of using 6x gear, ud be able to do more even if u went pure dex with atleast TT90 b:bye
    (btw FC gear, rly? TT80 gold so much better and relatively cheaper to get, and TT90 is insanely easy/faster to farm b:shocked)
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
    edited November 2010
    nothing was tweaked in 1-x. I hear talk of 2-3 doggy being tweaked but haven't investigated myself. drummer, before he starts aoe-ing can do a hard magic hit (i've seen upwards of 3500 on a lvl 101 herc) followed immediately by a 1300-1800 physical hit. hercs have much more magic def than a BM, and that 1-2 punch can take out a herc fairly easily if you get unlucky. soulbanisher is pretty much the same, but with stronger aoe after the 50% HP mark.

The only diff I saw in a run just a few mins ago in a 2-3 was that the doggie glowed blue instead of red.

And I also learned why people hate Belial so much....
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    And I also learned why people hate Belial so much....

I refuse to do Belial with a melee tank. It's so much easier with an archer tanking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute