Wedding Guide!

Jellytoast - Sanctuary
Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Dungeons & Tactics
My guide to having a successful PWI wedding ceremony!

I've noticed a lot of people don't understand how to go through with a nice wedding and some have been suggesting someone make a guide. This is my attempt. :)

Preparation
First of all to have your own wedding ceremony, you'll need to be already married to your partner. You will get free banquet reservations in new wedding packs, but you can also buy them separate from the boutique for 5 gold each. You'll need two of these to arrange your ceremony, one for both wife and husband.

To pick a date and time for your ceremony you'll need to teleport to the chapel foyer. To do this go to the Eldest Matchmaker in West Archosaur, choose Quest Related, then Chapel Foyer. Make sure you and your significant other are both in there, in squad with banquet reservations in your inventorys.

Once you're in, speak to the Wedding Usher (the squad leader should do this) and choose the Register for a Wedding option. You'll need to look through the times and dates and pick which one suits you and your partner best as this will cost 3 mil to cancel.

Next you'll need to invite your friends. Try to invite as many people as you can, I'll mention more about this later on.
You will receive 5 free invitations, after that they are 100k each. My suggestion for this is to get your friends to send you 100k if they would like to go to save yourself money. To make an invitation, speak to the Wedding Usher, choose Quest Related, then Blank Invitation. You'll need a blank one each time you invite someone. Go back to the main menu and choose Prepare Invitations. You'll need to type in your friends name EXACTLY as they spell it. Take note of capital I's and lowercase L's; ask if you aren't sure. Repeat this process as many times as needed.
Now you're fully prepared, time to wait.

Before the Ceremony
The day of your wedding make sure to remind everyone what time it's at beforehand. It's nice to get everyone in the foyer 15-30 minutes before your ceremony to make sure everyone has invites. Remind everyone how to get in, it's the same way you went in to prepare your invites. I suggest getting everyone buffed before the ceremony, this is a good place to do it.
You and your partner will need to be in a squad alone with the groom as lead. Once the time of the ceremony comes, everyone can right click their invitations to enter the wedding chapel.

The Ceremony
Once you enter at the Wedding Planner, the bride should take a quest for the Bride's Corsage, the groom should take the Groom's Corsage, and the guests take the Guest's Corsage. Keep in mind that everyone needs one of these in their inventory for the ceremony, they cost 20k each, and the bride and groom corsages are 67k each. The bride and groom will also receive a temporary set of wedding fashion. Put it on, it looks nice. ^_^
There are decorations the groom can buy from the Wedding Planner, but as far as I know they do nothing except make it look nice. The costs of the decorations are as follows:
Choir: 6.88m
Corbeils: 6.88m
Guards: 6.88m
Lights: 3.88m
Wine: 18.88m
Cake: 18.88m
Roses: 1.88m
(There are 6 options on where to put these, they cost 1.88m each)
Petals: 6.88m
Arch: 6.88m

Oaths
At this point there should be a quest for the groom to take, I believe its called Service: Bless and Toss. After the groom has taken that quest everyone should receive a public quest on the right side of their screen. This is waiting time - 3 minutes until the oaths. After the 3 minutes are up, you should see some red text with the oaths, there will be two separate blocks of it.

Fighting
The Jealous Ex will be summoned automatically sometime after this: be prepared. He will show up behind smaller mobs called Wedding Crashers. Those shouldn't take very long to kill, (can't recall how much HP they have) and then everyone should move to the Jealous Ex. It has 30mil HP, which shouldn't take long to knock out if you have enough people. CAUTION: The groom and bride should NOT attack any of the mobs or boss otherwise the quest will fail. This boss can be summoned multiple times for more contribution, but it costs 5.88mil per summon. If no one wants to do this then the groom should continue the quest at the Wedding Planner. There should be some more red text here and waiting. *Also if anyone knows how much total contribution one ex summon gives, please comment :)*

Exchanging Rings
Now you should see two mines at the front. The groom should dig the one labeled the bride's ring box and the bride should dig the one labeled the groom's ring box. After you both have a ring in your inventory, you'll need to do a trade and trade them to each other. I think there is a quest the groom needs to continue here ( I can't remember). Double check in your quest list to see.

Throwing the Bouquet
This is where the bride takes the bouquet quest from Father Derrial. Diggable bouquets will show up behind the seats; everyone should try to get as many of these as possible since they give contribution. Each Real Bouquet is worth 500 points, the Bouquet Petals are worth 50, and the Bouquet Ribbons are worth 30. This can be continued as long as you'd like.

Some more info about this though, if you look at the corsage in your inventory (if you got it as soon as you entered) it will have the correct time on it showing how long is left until the ceremony ends. If the groom does not end the ceremony before time is up everyone will be kicked out and rewards will not be received.

Rewards
Everyone who participated and earned at least 100 contribution will receive a reward box at the end. The prizes are: Mirage Celestones, Socket Stones, Untradeable Random Pigments, and Hyper Stones. Also to check your contribution, you can click the scroll icon next to your public quest on your screen.

The prizes for the groom and bride vary depending on the amount of total contribution. They are at 30k, 60k, and 100k, and there will be some red text alerting you of when/if the numbers are reached.
The prize for 30k contribution is a daily blessing ring that gives +2 attack and defense level, and the 60k prize is something similar if I remember right. But I do know that at a friends wedding he managed to get enough money to summon the Jealous Ex multiple times until 100k contribution was reached. Both the bride and the groom got a permanent set of the wedding fashion.

Tips!
~Make sure no one leaves the wedding instance before the quest is over (or DC), because that can also result in failure. The instance is very touchy, haha. :)
~Try to get everyone digging the bouquets throughout the entire ceremony to get the maximum contribution possible.
~If you want go all out for your wedding with all decors and frills, bring about 20mill.
~If you want the 100k contribution for the fashion set, you'll also need extra coin to summon the ex a few more times. (Only the guests can do this, so be careful with who you trust with your money) The wedding I went to the jealous ex was summoned I think about 6 or 7 times and they ended up with 100k contribution.

Okay, thanks for reading this! I hope I helped some of you out. :) If you have any questions or suggestions please post a comment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jellytoast - Demon Cleric
Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
Post edited by Jellytoast - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Awesome! It worked! I wouldn't bother trying to read it yet since there's absolutely no punctuation. I'm fixing this though. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    umm u didnt add most important info: why do u do jealous ex quest or why do u farm points on bouquests

or how much od u have to farm for prizes
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    umm u didnt add most important info: why do u do jealous ex quest or why do u farm points on bouquests

You do it for contribution. It's like what you for the Nien event, or Tiger event. Get as much total contribution to get good prizes. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sticky pls :)
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010

I don't think anyone has real info on this.

Although it is possible to figure out how much contribution you get from some of the quests (such as a guest buying flowers from the npc and throwing at the couple forget how much that was) give a certain number of points, the contribution from killing the mobs/ex seems to vary?

In my wedding, we only killed the free ex that came up with all the mobs quickly and ended up with like 15k? points. You have to summon him several times to get more points, and without farming the extra things at the end you'll most likely not get enough to get prizes.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=835992 has a little more info but I don't think anything is certain.

Very nice guide of what happens during the ceremony though b:victory
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Thank you for taking your time to post a guide.

BTW whenever I see you online in the game your name always makes me feel like eating breakfast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Thank you for taking your time to post a guide.

BTW whenever I see you online in the game your name always makes me feel like eating breakfast.

You know, I hear that a lot, it makes me laugh. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Jelly, I still need to see you in Sanc. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Jelly, I still need to see you in Sanc. b:angry

I think I might have seen you running around once. :O I hear tons of nice things about you though. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think I might have seen you running around once. :O I hear tons of nice things about you though. ^_^

Wow seriously? I know there's quite a bit of people who dislike me. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    CAUTION: The groom and bride should NOT attack any of the mobs or boss otherwise the quest will fail.

Hmm... Not sure about this.
    Was on my friends wedding. First there was only me and the couple. When mobs/boss showed up, then of course they joined to the killing spree too and quest didn't fail.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Hmm... Not sure about this.
    Was on my friends wedding. First there was only me and the couple. When mobs/boss showed up, then of course they joined to the killing spree too and quest didn't fail.

Oh really? I've been to a lot of weddings, and the first 3 I went to all failed because of that. After the mob killing we couldn't move on and no one got their prizes. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    So everyone wanted a wedding guide yet no one has noticed mine yet, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    THe Bride and Groom CAN assist in killing of the mobs and the boss... I've done it three times before, it doesn't fail anything. Just, FYI, I believe that it failing because of that is a glitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Shadrika - Sanctuary
    Shadrika - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    How much contribution does the Jealous Ex give? So that we might know about how many times someone would need to summon him for 100k+ contribution?

Any other lists of contribution points, like how many the mini-mobs give would be helpful. b:cute
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    How much contribution does the Jealous Ex give? So that we might know about how many times someone would need to summon him for 100k+ contribution?

Any other lists of contribution points, like how many the mini-mobs give would be helpful. b:cute

I'm not quite sure on the exact numbers yet, but I do know it gives the same total each time, but the people who take the most HP off the boss will receive the highest individual contribution. I'll check on that when I go to another wedding. b:pleased

Also, I wonder if this will get stickied? :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Bump in case anyone needs it :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lol a nice guide i would say
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • TresBelle - Raging Tide
    TresBelle - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    :P Forgot to mention thank you for the guide - used this for my hubby's and my wedding.

We did end up fighting the jealous ex and stuff and we didn't fail.

I think what's causing the failing is that people are partying with the groom and bride when they should only be in it together alone.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    :P Forgot to mention thank you for the guide - used this for my hubby's and my wedding.

We did end up fighting the jealous ex and stuff and we didn't fail.

I think what's causing the failing is that people are partying with the groom and bride when they should only be in it together alone.

Ahh yeah, that happens too. >.<

But you're welcome :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• XxBrandiexX - Dreamweaver
    XxBrandiexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I did my ceremony tonight and we just had the one ex, didn't have money summon another oneb:chuckle, and mined flowers and we got up to 60k. The groom and I both got 150 mirages for 2nd place prize and the blessing box. Sad I didn't get perm fashion, but maybe another time lol. I wonder if you alrdy had a ceremony can u buy banquet reservation and have another ceremony? b:thanks
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    I did my ceremony tonight and we just had the one ex, didn't have money summon another oneb:chuckle, and mined flowers and we got up to 60k. The groom and I both got 150 mirages for 2nd place prize and the blessing box. Sad I didn't get perm fashion, but maybe another time lol. I wonder if you alrdy had a ceremony can u buy banquet reservation and have another ceremony? b:thanks

Yeah the fashion sadly is the 100k contribution prize. :( But yeah, you just have to buy the banquet reservations for each of you from the boutique and you can have another. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Someone marry me so I can put that guide to a test D:<
    Nawh b:cute

Great job Jelly b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Someone marry me so I can put that guide to a test D:<
    Nawh b:cute

Great job Jelly b:victory

Come to HL, Grim. We can have a shotgun wedding.

You have to pay for the packs though. b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Come to HL, Grim. We can have a shotgun wedding.

You have to pay for the packs though. b:scorn

Eoria, I really appreciate your willingness to marry me and yea, I have to admit that I like you too b:cute , but I also have to say that I don't like words representing firearms, poison or any kind of an object that can cause damage to my body b:shocked
    Anyway, if you come to Dreamweaver one day .... say hai b:victory

Joking of course :)

PS : I`ll speak with Frankie about making this thread sticky.
    PS2: I ain't paying for anything D:
  • Bublee - Heavens Tear
    Bublee - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This guide is great, but it when comes to the wedding ceremony things aren't as easy I think. b:faint
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/m8d10j.gif[/SIGPIC]
    If you would like me to make you a siggy, send me a pm. ;)
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010

PS : I`ll speak with Frankie about making this thread sticky.

:D Yay! But maybe ask if it's stickied to take the "(Hopefully)" part of the title out. XD I was having issues with posting it. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Do you know how much contribution summoning the jealous Ex gives you? I want to get married for the dress but I would like to know how much money I need to save up to get the 100k contribution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Do you know how much contribution summoning the jealous Ex gives you? I want to get married for the dress but I would like to know how much money I need to save up to get the 100k contribution.

This isn't going to be the most helpful answer, but hopefully someone can come along and add to it...

I'm pretty sure it depends on how many people are participating. IE, if you have more people, you'll get the needed contri faster and with less summons of the ex. I went to a very large wedding, and I believe we summoned the ex maybe 4-6 times, and get the 100k contri. There were dozens of people there...

Either way...it's going to be pretty expensive. =( Good luck. =)
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~