Dragon Points System is Live!

Comments

• Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    @Furries
    Ever thought that the DD was good at controlling their damage and hence you not losing aggro? b:laugh

At your level I have stolen from very competant barbs who were 90+, even without sparking. And yet even at 95 I have ensured barbs you level and lower have the aggro <.<. Doesnt mean they are awesome/fail at holding aggro.

And while we're at it, I would like all TT99 gold mats to be made available for an equivalent of 3 mils each because it would be too much work for me to buy it from someone or farm it myself.

Theres a reason why those bracers are expensive <.<. It is so that people who want them, will have to work for them.

hey that increased difficulty of tt3-x is a whole other issue. that was a stupid change.

and NO thier not expensive because you supposed to to work hard for them. their expensive becuase ever since the Dragon points system the price has risen from 200k per silver order to 800k.
    i have no problem paying the old price of 200-250k per silver , its the fact that the dragon points system drove the prices up to some obscene level that i have a problem with.

THAT'S what im trying to fix.

if i was able to buy my silvers for 200k again i wouldn't really give a damn if they weren't added to they system
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Umm ok 6 months back, I still saw silver orders for 400~500k each. Not sure when exactly these were 200k like you say.

In any case, youre again always buying buying buying. The more you consume the more people will be tempted to increase the price. Nobody is asking you to pay for the ridiculous amounts people demand.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Umm ok 6 months back, I still saw silver orders for 400~500k each. Not sure when exactly these were 200k like you say.

In any case, youre again always buying buying buying. The more you consume the more people will be tempted to increase the price. Nobody is asking you to pay for the ridiculous amounts people demand.

A long time ago.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    so DQ items dont sell for coins anymore? DQ items were a large part of how i made coins back when i played the game

-retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    so DQ items dont sell for coins anymore? DQ items were a large part of how i made coins back when i played the game

they do the just sell for less than they used to.

and after 6 months of waiting PWE finally gave us this to try to compensate for it.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Since maint on tues dragon point rewards are no longer being sent in game.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    any updates on when new items are going to make it in the dragon points system?
    will it be before the expansion? or after?
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I apologize if I've just missed this info, but does anyone know for a fact, do all of the rewards come as just one item? For instance is it really 50 points for ONE perfect stone?

Just want to be sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I apologize if I've just missed this info, but does anyone know for a fact, do all of the rewards come as just one item? For instance is it really 50 points for ONE perfect stone?

Just want to be sure.
    Yep, just 1 item you get when you buy items from there :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • SkeLecTroNic - Raging Tide
    SkeLecTroNic - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    just one simple question>>> how to earn dragon points???
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    just one simple question>>> how to earn dragon points???

By selling items for the Dragon quests. You can check your points here :

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/dqrewards

There's also a list of items from which you can earn dragon points.
  • BG_AngeL - Raging Tide
    BG_AngeL - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    By selling items for the Dragon quests. You can check your points here :

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/dqrewards

There's also a list of items from which you can earn dragon points.
    so when i complete a dragon quest da NPC will give me item which i can sell for dragon pts but where to sell it?
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    so when i complete a dragon quest da NPC will give me item which i can sell for dragon pts but where to sell it?

No, the items you need for completing the dragon quests will give you points if you sell them ( If I remember correctly, the NPC for the dragon quests TAKES the items which means that you will not get any points since you have to sell them ~correct me if I`m wrong~ ).
    Plus, the dragon quest is a waste of time ( personal opinion ) so if you sell the items, instead of doing the quest you will get = decent coins + dragon points.

Off-topic : Does BG stands for Bulgaria ?
  • BG_AngeL - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    ok thanks
    Off-topic: yes
  • BG_AngeL - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Off-topic:why/za6to
  • Meeeeowwwwww - Raging Tide
    Meeeeowwwwww - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Meh waiting for new items o.o; :D
    Magic Banana!!!
    Over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Meeeowwwwwww Kittens<3You
    WTFBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
  • Meeeowwwwww - Raging Tide
    Meeeowwwwww - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Dragon Point system is my favorite update <3:D
    Very Awesome :) Cant wait for new items!
    The Magic Banana, yes, it is magical, yes, it can do magical things, it is ... the ... Magic Banana!!

Kittens<3You b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:flower
  • ShadowSynn - Heavens Tear
    ShadowSynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Frankie said we'd be able to sell the items for cash to an NPC, but their NPC price doesn't make up the lost value of the DQ price drop.

I like this add on, it's a great idea but it lacks certain aspects such as money. Price of gold is freaking ridiculous now, it makes the price of every in game item go up as every merchant scrambles to raise their prices so they can afford to buy gold to resell the items at exaggerated prices.

Your attempt to "fix" the economy has sadly failed.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Frankie said we'd be able to sell the items for cash to an NPC, but their NPC price doesn't make up the lost value of the DQ price drop.

I like this add on, it's a great idea but it lacks certain aspects such as money. Price of gold is freaking ridiculous now, it makes the price of every in game item go up as every merchant scrambles to raise their prices so they can afford to buy gold to resell the items at exaggerated prices.

Your attempt to "fix" the economy has sadly failed.

The DQ point system was not to fix the economy, it was just to fix the issue with the 20% DQ price drop.

The change in TW pay was the change to fix the economy, but it didn't do anything but ruined TW. We are still waiting after months for a fix for the economy issue. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Pretty cool i just learned about this yesterday.About time to after playing this since open beta.Will there be new rewards added any time soon.b:thanks
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Between 4am and 4:30am I sold several hundred dq items. Its now well over an hr later and I still have 97 dragon points. I should have a little over 8600 b:sad

The system worked fine since day one and now it suddenly fails Q_Q

My items vendored never updated with all the concentrated and compound venoms I sold at village of shattered ice. It still just has a few things i got from my bh on seat of torment at 1am.

I'm curious how the system thinks I got all those coins from the merchant if I didn't sell him anything...

Edit yay I now have over 8900 points. I was hoping it just lagged but was worried when the items vendored was lagging too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • _Myriad_ - Heavens Tear
    _Myriad_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Can someone tell me why I can't click any of the last 3 rewards? The biggest being the event gold. I have and have had enough points for days now. When I scroll over them, they won't highlight to redeem. I'm sad! LOL The answer might be here somewhere but my eyes are bugging out from reading each page. HAHA! If you know...thanks for the help!!!
  • DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary
    DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Idk if anyone has suggested this, but wouldn't it be better if the DQ point system was integrated into Core Connect rather than through a separate page/listing?

Just My random 2 cents' worth.
    [SIGPIC]pwForumSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]

ʘ Lv 57 Veno w/Herc (alt)

"The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has limits" ~ Albert Einstein

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.
  • DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary
    DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hey guys, it's up!

Also, know that we'll be adding more reward items over time :)

Official News Post
    Pretty cool i just learned about this yesterday.About time to after playing this since open beta.Will there be new rewards added any time soon.b:thanks

See Frankie's original post on this.
    [SIGPIC]pwForumSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]

ʘ Lv 57 Veno w/Herc (alt)

"The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has limits" ~ Albert Einstein

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.
  • XBloodRendX - Dreamweaver
    XBloodRendX - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    DQ points are awesome :Db:victory
  • MykoDeviant - Lost City
    MykoDeviant - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Has anyone figured out what the "50 Event Points" is worth and what choices you get? Ive looked at PW Boutique and see no indication of "Event Points" being used for currency...
  • AzureDemon - Dreamweaver
    AzureDemon - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Go into boutique. Click the little diamond on top. That is where Event gold is used. Enjoy.

The hammer is the Boutique Auction. You know, that things where a bunch of red words appear at the start of TW, and continue on for some time. Lol

Event gold can only be used in that diamond area.

As a side note. I am guessing when server is down, the amount of points you have doesn't show up? I hope so.....cause i sold a lot of DQ items recently...
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So, are we going to get any kind of discount on the rep badges from dq points? (probably not, but may as well ask)
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    mm if you make it like 10 per badge that's like 80k points or so which means it has to be a tad higher lol but a cost reduction is most certainly in order
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    mm if you make it like 10 per badge that's like 80k points or so which means it has to be a tad higher lol but a cost reduction is most certainly in order

Hell, at least getting 80k points actually takes some effort. But yeah that's a little too low lol.

How about 100 each?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.