Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Wut is this, I don't even ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leibniz_formula_for_pi

Educate yourself.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The Leibniz series is hardly a good way to approximate it D:

Far better is to just use C/d or A/(r^2) b:chuckle

Inefficient. Far too inefficient.b:surrender

Chudnovsky ftw.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    Yorkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2010

I have, I already have b:laugh. From Calamity to mathemathics. Great, Decus is the master here b:thanks.

I just prefer 3.141... suits me well enough in Fourier expansions :-). Speaking of which, I never understood the term convergence in mean. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A small tribute to elven mathematician from a human physicist. b:pleased

Yorkin - The Retired Wizard
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Salutations to you Yorkin! A pleasure to see you here, as always. b:bye
    Inefficient. Far too inefficient.b:surrender

Learn to discern a joke when you read it, Teppeii b:angry
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Learn to discern a joke when you read it, Teppeii b:angry

You know what, your face. So there.b:avoid
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    You know what, your face. So there.b:avoid

My face is a joke b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nathanius - Dreamweaver
    Nathanius - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hi ppl the thread seem to fit... I didnt read all the pages b4, Im too lazy...

Just wanted to say Im steppin back now a bit and wont play as much as before anymore. Maybe some of my friends already realized that I didnt logged today. And ya, I saw that there is a life beside PWI and Cala. ^^ Was a great time with u all and I still only remember the positive moments we had together. The things happend broke my heart and diminished my motivation drastically. It happend in a bad modus for me and I cant cope with the actual situation. Enuff QQing, I will find my way ^^ Take Care all. If i log on pls dont PM me anymore, I dont wanna talk with others and I only log for my wife and me to play lil bit. So I regret squad others ^^

Cya all, peace out,
    Nath
  • Ozumaki - Dreamweaver
    Ozumaki - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The truth is, with the 68 remaining people, we would have been able to stop 80% of the attacking wars if we had agreed to it. If it was decided that we would rebuild, and we mass accepted people into calamity, we probably would have only lost 5 of those wars, maybe fewer. Mass accepting people would have been differeent though from what we had started to do late map opposed to early map. Back when I joined, my recruiter being Sabra, joining calamity was easy. Faction req was 65, I joined at lvl 52. Interview was fast.
    S:Will you reach lvl req in 1-2 weeks?
    M:Yes. Shouldn't be a problem.
    S:Will you TW?
    M:Yes I will.
    S:Do you have vent?
    M:Yes I do. I've also got a mic.
    S:Get on vent please.
    M:Sure
    S:So here are some basic rules... (list of basic rules). Can you follow those rules?
    M:Yup
    S:Welcome to Calamity
    M:Thanks

Now. I understand that the officers did not want to fall back on this old system of recruiting since we started using that application form, followed by the waiting period and stuff... but holding the land was also a possibility if it was chosen. Sure, there would be 5 new colors, heck, if we only decided to defend the 1 man factions, there would be a ton of new colors. Even if we had decided to not defend at all, at the least Calamity would still be alive, with a different roster, but Calamity would still be Calamity. It would have 68 old members and a bunch of new ones. I joined Calamity knowing 1 person who eventually quit like 3 weeks after I joined, but I made a ton of new friends. I convinced some of my friends to join Calamity as well, and they convinced some others. I'm not saying this isn't possible in Regenesis or Insanity, its just, theres an attachment to certain tags and logos.

For example, in the movie 300, all that was asked was that they change their logo to join the allied nations. Nothing else. They fought to the death. There is pride in titles, and seeing something just get destroyed without even having a chance to do anything about it. Heck, if Calamity had 1 person in the faction right now, chances are, that one person might be able to stop 4-5 of those wars himself in a 1 v 1 cata rush.

And as some people stated above, if we really wanted to have a complete faction change, wwe wouldn't have broken up into 2 factions. Something like 4 or 5 different balanced factions would have been more realistic. The majority went into Regenesis while a smaller group into Insanity. Then a few people scattered everywhere else. A lot of people are angry at both sides at each other, which is understandable. Calamity can still be ressurected but I'm pretty sure that everyone is stubborn enough now to not want to even try.

Now a lot of you have been telling me how they expected me to join Regenesis or Insanity. Actually, so far, 13 ppl. I probably will not join either on this character on the basis of pride. This character is Calamity. Stayed in Calamity since nearly the beginning, back when we still met at Sundown town, back when Calamity was the first to release Chihwen, back when Calamity was the first inside CoA and stay till the end of the instance, thinking that it might not actually be bugged, back when we were laughing at PG for being late to the Plume TW, back when Seraphim was leading, followed by lightaine, Tyranny, _Trixy_, then BB. As such, I probably will not join Regenesis or Insanity on the simple fact that I would rather not be in either faction just because I like to remember when Calamity was... well... Calamity.

you got my vote and support Arli... I was almost doing the same... Now let's the (in game) live lead me to the "real" pride
  • Ozumaki - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Hi ppl the thread seem to fit... I didnt read all the pages b4, Im too lazy...

Just wanted to say Im steppin back now a bit and wont play as much as before anymore. Maybe some of my friends already realized that I didnt logged today. And ya, I saw that there is a life beside PWI and Cala. ^^ Was a great time with u all and I still only remember the positive moments we had together. The things happend broke my heart and diminished my motivation drastically. It happend in a bad modus for me and I cant cope with the actual situation. Enuff QQing, I will find my way ^^ Take Care all. If i log on pls dont PM me anymore, I dont wanna talk with others and I only log for my wife and me to play lil bit. So I regret squad others ^^

Cya all, peace out,
    Nath

Awww Nath... I can't bother u anymore QQ b:cry
  • slegt
    slegt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ...apart from all the personal drama, this does make TW attractive again to like 99% of the players in DW. One would almost think gm's are behind this to not let the server die... b:chuckle
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Mazsi <3
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • magyarwarlord
    magyarwarlord Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Right on and i hope this is what happens i would love to see more factions come out and TW and have fun Before its 4 factions Tempest Dynasty EQ and Calamity Im glad everyone els has a chance at TW now Grats and I think you BB for allowing this.

Good luck cala ex cala members who is in the new faction. it would be nice to see the map different colors and to let others actually have a chance to own a land or two for more then a couple weeks. let factions whos never owned anything own something for a change let them know they can succeed at doing things. they are no less perfect then you are, maybe a little under cashed but have just as much right to land as the over cashed. they play this game to TO HAVE FUN, and taking that away from them is just wrong
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The new map reminds me of bertie-botts every flavour beans. A new sensation with every bite!... Seriously though, some of those colors... *cough cough*.b:shocked

On a different note, seems that though the method was inelegant, the outcome was desirable. What is it they say, the result justifies the means? Calamity essentially made a new faction & shuttled (most) of the players into there. Which in turn, means that the map is free, but does not significantly detract from the new faction's power.

With that in mind, I predict that after a year at least 80% of the map will belong to one faction, unless we see some pretty major changes. We all know which faction this is, and if you think about it for a while, it should be pretty obvious that this will occur. Old faction > new faction, but same players, same leaders... same TW planner.

If Dreamweaver wants to keep their multi-color map, the other significant competing factions had better step up their game.

That means, strong recruitment, well-planned TWs with communicated strategies, while at the same time keeping things fun. Winning is fun... right?

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Mazsi_two - Dreamweaver
    Mazsi_two - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i wuv Calamity. But dont have hard feelings about the new map: I LOVE IT, there now more fun =)

I can understand every1. And u can call me not true loyal calamitys, but never had bad feelings to leave for Regenesis.

We cam. We won. We done.

I seriously wanna see how a small faction now getting change to go elit faction. TW was not fun anymore, but now ^_^

My home is where my family. Dosent matter name or map color <3 I never will forget u Calamity *tears* (\/)o_o(\/).com b:laugh
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The new map reminds me of bertie-botts every flavour beans. A new sensation with every bite!... Seriously though, some of those colors... *cough cough*.b:shocked

On a different note, seems that though the method was inelegant, the outcome was desirable. What is it they say, the result justifies the means? Calamity essentially made a new faction & shuttled (most) of the players into there. Which in turn, means that the map is free, but does not significantly detract from the new faction's power.

With that in mind, I predict that after a year at least 80% of the map will belong to one faction, unless we see some pretty major changes. We all know which faction this is, and if you think about it for a while, it should be pretty obvious that this will occur. Old faction > new faction, but same players, same leaders... same TW planner.

If Dreamweaver wants to keep their multi-color map, the other significant competing factions had better step up their game.

That means, strong recruitment, well-planned TWs with communicated strategies, while at the same time keeping things fun. Winning is fun... right?

Azzazin

I have to say I agree that if dreamweaver really wants to keep this multi color map a reality, then a lot of things needs to change for multiple factions, but what each one is doing wrong I can not say, obviously where one faction is failing/lacking ability to thrive in a certain area, another faction could not be doing anything different to be better in that same area. I mean even if regensis isn't the new calamity another faction could potentially rise up and be the "new" calamity, and who knows how the server will like the one's in power, obviously people will have different opinions about it, just as we all did with calamity.

Obviously even 3 hour endless TW'S can get real repetitive to a lot of people specifically the ones fighting in it. Though everyone likes to win, no one really benefits from the 10 minute wars, unless you want to take into account the lesser blow that people would take to their wallet... in game or out... not to mention the loser will take a crushing blow to the morale, especially if their faction gets rolled by a no name faction that no one expects to win.

Also I for one don't quite see that it will be the faction who people believe will remain strong, sure they may hold strong for a while, and keep coming back but pretty soon, they will see that they are just in the same boat as they were in calamity, rolling pretty much every faction out there save a few, I am sure they are hoping they can hold out long enough to see tougher battles later on, but I for one don't see regensis running into a wall or resistance anytime soon, until they start going after eq, etc. I hope that they do find what they are looking for, and I hope I am wrong, but eventually we all move on not even calamity was/is immune to people leaving.

They will weaken someday, it may not be in the near future, nor can I say in what numbers, or how much they will be weakened, someday someone may even make a stand while they all still play, but even then the likelihood of it being more then one person, is highly unlikely. D:

Though one things for sure is that the new calamity is still one hell of a force that wont be easy to take on.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Gal_Tink - Dreamweaver
    Gal_Tink - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Right on and i hope this is what happens i would love to see more factions come out and TW and have fun Before its 4 factions Tempest Dynasty EQ and Calamity Im glad everyone els has a chance at TW now Grats and I think you BB for allowing this.

I agree Magy, and I see you quoted me. I feel so special now b:laugh People should be able to have fun, learn tw. not a 5 minute tw. be helpful, let factions learn.

how is someone supposed to learn how to fight and or defend in a tw if they have no experience? no experience as in a 5 minute tw against cala/regen? well when they get to the level req to join say eq, reg, one question usually asked is: can you tw? have you tw'ed before. most will say no because they never had the chance to learn it.

Yes we know Calamity kicked butt and conquered the map. But at the same time they could have done that and let a smaller faction wanting to learn tw basics learn, let them attack and defend, not walk out there and get 1 shotted. Let them learn how to take down a super buffed high hp barb.

My last tw was a joke. I was so mad. I would die, and when I hit release before I was even up, you know the little light that shows your body rezing. I WAS DEAD. That was sever OVERKILL. I know who did it to and I ain't affraid to say it *cough cough Triton*.

Now that the map is rainbowed with weird versions of different colors, lets give people a chance to LEARN TW. Not be overrulled but he once conqueres
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    problem is... "training wars" are bannable. If there was a "training" war, the leader of calamity as well as the leader of the opposing faction would both get banned for having a fake war. now.... this is mostly a matter of the gms decision.

Back when inversion was 5th strongest, they got banned for fake bidding despite being 5th strongest. if any faction wanted to training war and was weaker than they were, i could see something like that having happened again.
  • Gal_Tink - Dreamweaver
    Gal_Tink - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    problem is... "training wars" are bannable. If there was a "training" war, the leader of calamity as well as the leader of the opposing faction would both get banned for having a fake war. now.... this is mostly a matter of the gms decision.

Back when inversion was 5th strongest, they got banned for fake bidding despite being 5th strongest. if any faction wanted to training war and was weaker than they were, i could see something like that having happened again.

I am not meaning "training wars". I mean say I am a faction leader of 150 people and we want to learn TW. There is no reason we can't do a legal bid against them with our intentions on trying to win, and the opposite faction take it easy on us. There is nothing wrong with that. Tw's aren't supposed to end in 5 minutes, I've seen them end in 4. It's not a fake war, its a real war with learning the basics of defending and attacking, just letting it last longer then the usual calamity wam bam thankyou mam kinda of thing.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    problem is, gms might not see like that, actually, there was once a war that we knew was no show, timed it to be slightly under 3 minutes. and if gms know that we can win a war in under 3 minutes, they will think that we are doing something fishy.

now i realize having some archers decide to barrage the spawn point is a bit.... over the top, and we had asked them not to do that unless it was eq or some faction strong enough to recover from it, but the point is, if we can finish a war in 3 minutes and the war goes on for 2 hours, anyone would be suspicious.

Also, your assuming we want to be in war for 3 hours letting u guys rush us and die, a lot of ppl would prefer spending that time doing nirvana, tt, pq, bh, fbs, or going to sleep, since a lot of the wars start so very early in the morning for many of our players. would u like to stay awake from 2 in the morning till 5 am just because some people from another faction decided they want a training war? me personally, i would rather sleep and im amazed at the people who sacrifice sleeping time for the good of the faction. now im sure u would argue that we could simply send fewer people like, 20-30 ppl to let balance out the power difference in gear and levels, but why would we risk it? also, which 20-30 ppl would we send to have their charms tick over and over, and why should they be sacrificed into doing this so that their enemies can get stronger? its generally not fair to ask this of any stronger faction.

now your gonna say its not fair that we are or were hogging the map, but we earned it. look at renegades. they have 20 ppl in tw every week. its not very much. quite frankly, im not sure why gms didnt decide to ban renegades instead of inversion... but the point is, they are consistently attacking. they have 5-10 minutes of tw every week, but now, i consider them definetely in the top 10 tw factions as im sure a lot of other ppl in the server. especially the ones who dont tw, will notice that renegades is always fighting cala. sure they lose every week and it actually becomes quite annoying that they keep trying, but the point is, they are trying instead of qqing that the big red on the map is being a bully and wont give up lands or time to let the smaller kids gang up on them.
  • Ozumaki - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    ...My home is where my family. Dosent matter name or map color...

True family will not let their home, especially ancestry home, broke by inappropriate way...
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I am not meaning "training wars". I mean say I am a faction leader of 150 people and we want to learn TW. There is no reason we can't do a legal bid against them with our intentions on trying to win, and the opposite faction take it easy on us. There is nothing wrong with that. Tw's aren't supposed to end in 5 minutes, I've seen them end in 4. It's not a fake war, its a real war with learning the basics of defending and attacking, just letting it last longer then the usual calamity wam bam thankyou mam kinda of thing.

when there are three factions attacking, its better to finish as many wars as quick as possible..ijs..b:surrender
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    when there are three factions attacking, its better to finish as many wars as quick as possible..ijs..b:surrender

or... we could be nice... and let them tick our charms for 3 hours like the rest of the faction wants.b:pleased btw. this is sarcasm.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    or... we could be nice... and let them tick our charms for 3 hours like the rest of the faction wants. btw. this is sarcasm.

b:laughyay I <3 charm ticks b:shutup
    b:shockedI hope Illyana doesnt come back to play!
    b:surrenderI haven't died in TW in forever

Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    hey, question for bb. like a few hours b4 calamity site booted everyone, u posted a reason as to why u left calamity, could u repost it?
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    or... we could be nice... and let them tick our charms for 3 hours like the rest of the faction wants.b:pleased btw. this is sarcasm.

That sarcasm is most unbecoming of you. It'll hold you back in life...worse than that lazy eye of yours.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b:surrenderI haven't died in TW in forever

Lies! D:
  • A_Noob - Dreamweaver
    A_Noob - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    o and I'm on LC
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What happen?

Do I need to come back? :D

Edit: Aw, I read the thread and now I'm sad. Why did they disband? Who's the leader and director of Regenisis now?
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Lies! D:

truths D:

ok running into spawn towers doesnt count b:surrender
    b:cutethey feel just like illyana b:chuckle

• SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What happen?

Do I need to come back? :D

Edit: Aw, I read the thread and now I'm sad. Why did they disband? Who's the leader and director of Regenisis now?

Leader is still BB. I have no idea who the director is, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.