Calamity Discussion Threads

Arliana - Dreamweaver
Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Tideswell (East)
Please discuss here. No flaming, insulting please.
Post edited by Arliana - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Teeki - Dreamweaver
    Teeki - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    no one knew the faction was going to break up 2 months ago or 2 weeks ago. as for when it all started, bb made posts on the cala forums 2 or 3 weeks ago about people accusing him of something he did and would never do. there were at least 2 posts. something happened last saturday or friday (not sure which day), i have no idea what happened but it was the brick that broke the castle in half.

i think this has all been said before though so *stops beating the dead horse* o.o
    Remember, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
    Perfect World International, customer dissatisfaction is guarenteed.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Fat chance of that not happening.

At any rate though, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all this news. I actually had the idea that Cala would probably end up reforming in a new faction to "give" the map away...at the risk of BB and others being banned for doing so. I just didn't think it would happen in the current mannor. :/
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    no one knew the faction was going to break up 2 months ago or 2 weeks ago. as for when it all started, bb made posts on the cala forums 2 or 3 weeks ago about people accusing him of something he did and would never do. there were at least 2 posts. something happened last saturday or friday (not sure which day), i have no idea what happened but it was the brick that broke the castle in half.

i think this has all been said before though so *stops beating the dead horse* o.o

people accusing him of things on the forum are very different from an official post on the forums. And since the forum has booted everyone, we can't even verify it now. Again, it would be nice if BB would give a reply on the forums here.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    All I don't understand is...if most of the experienced and good Cala members are in Regensis, won't it be the same, just instead of the red Cala colour, it will be Regensis? It is gonna be the same as fighting Calamity...the name just changed..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    true serenity from a TW perspective
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • argon123
    argon123 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The old forum was shut down, due to me not wanting to pay for it anymore, since Calamity has been retired. We are in the process of looking for a free forum to replace that one. If anyone has questions, please pm me in game. Thank you.
  • stosky
    stosky Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    *edited*

Send a ticket to the customers support :

http://support.perfectworld.com/

No need to name and shame in the forums.

Grim
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    @stosky, you are free to discuss everything related to Calamity and the recent changes, but you will have to refrain from personal insulting and naming and shaming.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2010

As I think arilana (checked three times for spelling xD) tried pointing out people accusing a leader on their "own" forums is far different then someone accusing him or her on separate forums.

I can't say if this is the reason why BB decided to leave the faction, and eventually had people follow him, or even if they did so on their own accord, without a single request from BB. I do believe BB knows that not even he can be liked by everyone, and that even he could have enemies among the ranks of calamity. So surely he wouldn't leave calamity, and risk more people coming in... in his new faction and disagreeing with him there, eventually the same thing would happen there. So I seriously doubt BB left due to that reason. Though I could be wrong, whatever reason it was, I am sure that there were many things leading him to join/create a new faction from scratch, and I myself still respect him far more then most of the other 'inactive' but still there leaders of all the other factions. It's hard for me to form an opinion on just about every other leader of a major faction out there, just due to the fact that I don't know who most of them are, and MOST seem to be able to keep their members in line... so to speak. =x
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Why is this a discussion thread? Is it because Calamity no longer has a private forum wherein to discuss these matters?

Forgive me if I appear insensitive, I just don't see why the forum community should care about what happened. The reasons whereby Calamity disbanded are of no actual concern. The outcomes are far more applicable to the vast majority of DW. I think we should leave the forum to the usual TW speculations and reports and stop discussing motivations since it only opens the door to flaming and insults, which is exactly what you wanted to avoid.

Again, I don't mean to sound accusatory. I just don't see the point or relevance.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Why is this a discussion thread? Is it because Calamity no longer has a private forum wherein to discuss these matters?
    argon123 wrote: »
    The old forum was shut down, due to me not wanting to pay for it anymore, since Calamity has been retired. We are in the process of looking for a free forum to replace that one.

Quotes have been shortened.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
  • naturion
    naturion Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol, have fun
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Forgive me if I appear insensitive, I just don't see why the forum community should care about what happened. The reasons whereby Calamity disbanded are of no actual concern. The outcomes are far more applicable to the vast majority of DW. I think we should leave the forum to the usual TW speculations and reports and stop discussing motivations since it only opens the door to flaming and insults, which is exactly what you wanted to avoid.

Again, I don't mean to sound accusatory. I just don't see the point or relevance.

no1 is asking you to read the thread.
    you could chose to ignore it, if it not is in your interests.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This is why people should decide what they want to fight for and stick with it. Going with a group of people that has ideals different to yours will create friction, to which extent is the only question.

Some people prefer to stay to some code of honour.
    Some people prefer to stay with people they know.
    Some people prefer to go whomever is strongest.

These are all valid reasons to choose a faction. Just make sure your choise is the right one.

Calamity from the start was about being the strongest first and everything else second. Thus this outcome was inevidable, the only surprise here for me is the manner in which it happened.

Now when Calamity has served its purpose, peoples secondary agendas raises to the surface more and causes drama. Why cannot people just say "We came, we saw, we conquered." and move on?

Listen to this and think if it's truly worth it to bicker after a succesful campaign.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zngWhIqewAM

Am I the only person that realizes that Calamity WON?!
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I for once agree with Decus. This is a faction discussion topic at best, not a server wide topic. If Arliana or any ex-Calamity wishes to know the reasons of what happened this saturday, the least they could do is to log onto ventrilo and talk to the people. Unless their real goal is to keep putting the finger in the wound, just to draw more puss.
    Calamity from the start was about being the strongest first and everything else second. Thus this outcome was inevidable, the only surprise here for me is the manner in which it happened.

I'm sorry but you really have no clue of what you're saying. If Calamity would have broken into 20 different factions like CQ did in Lost City, if EQ-Dynasty and Tempest would have taken half of our members during the whole split. I would agree with what you have said in a heartbeat.

Of 194 members in Calamity roster:
    The great majority went to Regenesis (I counted them today, so I know what to look for on apps)
    13 went to Insanity
    1 went to Tempest, Dynasty and Equinox altogether (yes, 1)
    the rest is pressumed inactive, retired, on a personal leave. When they come back to game, or clear their minds, they'll pick their paths.

There is a reason why people choses to keep quiet about something, the least you could do is respect those people's wishes. Keep digging into this won't bring Calamity back. Just brings out more resentment and drama.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Ozumaki - Dreamweaver
    Ozumaki - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Ty Teeki, you tell the truth. That's why I said so many lies and hypocritical in previous posts. I'd respect people who move becoz of friends and family, but don't be hypocrite by saying that you move for TW change and challenge. If you guys want the real challenge of TW, spread out all of those, which are called "CORE" by Andres, to all TW faction in DW. Yeah of course you need to fight versus your own old friends and families. It would be suck, it would be pain, but you will never know kind of pains, if you, yourself, never taste it.
  • Spitball - Dreamweaver
    Spitball - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The great majority went to Regenesis (I counted them today, so I know what to look for on apps)

Are you impling that because we chose not to follow you guys to new faction we are now the enemy. So much for (its not the faction name) **** you guys regergatated from your mouths. If it were about the poeple not the name then you would have tolds us your intentions ahead of time. Calamity was distroyed by its own Leaders the ones that fought for so long spit it out and through it away.

Dont try to take credit for the map getting reset.

For the record 90% of Calamity went to Regenesis so the only thing that changed was the name. The leaders just wanted somthing they could call theres. To say they created it.

1 went to Tempest, Dynasty and Equinox altogether (yes, 1)

That was me b:victory.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    See this is what I mean about the resentment and drama...

I think it's funny that because you assume I implied something, you automatically respond offended with anger and unbased acusations. Instead of just asking first, then act later as any other rational being would have acted.

To humor your doubts, no, I don't think that the ones that chose not to come with us are wrong or my enemies. Nor would I ever or have I ever said that either side is right. If you ask anyone that has talked to me during this past few days, they will tell you that I regret having to deal with this situation greatly. But instead of QQing or threatening (lol) to quit, or start drama in public forums where nobody cares what anyone thinks, they just want to be amused by the drama. I chose to stand back up, clean up, and move on. You should too.

When I was told what was going to happen, I gave my opinion in 2 times. First I said that I'd rather to just boot those making the whole problem, soak up the tyrant comments and move on with the map. The second time, when it was clear that they were gonna split up. All I said was, I'll follow you. I never made preparations to "leave" calamity, as I never actually believed that it would come to this. I wish there was a method for me to show you all my account inventory to prove you this, as I know that posting a screenshot is useless, you'll just say I broke a small ammount of IGs out of my stack.

Ultimely, Ironguards alone don't win a TW. Our greatest rivals have had access to them for god knows how long, and that alone has never been the turning point of their victories.

And not that it matters. But October 30th was the second time I ever left Calamity. The first time I left was November 9th 2009. Your information is incorrect, but what else would I expect from someone that only logs in to do dailies and TW? right? You so loyal you.

I don't think anyone is taking pride on the "map reset", but you can't say it's not a good thing for the server. Personally, I repeat that I would have rather boot 13 than lose everyone else, actively recruit and keep the map red. But again, now that this oportunity has presented to the server, all that's left for us to do is embrace it, your constant crying, blaming and shaming speaks loudly of you.

What I merely pointed out was that Hazumi is wrong, we don't choose "power above all". It's more of a personal preference. Some have chosen to keep the community (or what's left of it) alive, instead of keep bashing it. Regenesis looks strong, but just like Calamity, we're also rebuilding.

You say 90% of Calamity went to Regenesis, I'll take your numbers true. That the map won't change, what a pessimist you are. there are 47 lands in this map. That's 47 weeks of consecutive TW victories in order for a new color (which I doubt ANYONE would achieve at this point), 47 weeks is almost 1 year of TWs. By then, new classes, new lands will be long released. TW will hit yet another scenario, many will be moving on to Forsaken World, many will be just quitting games or PWI... 47 weeks means that 4 factions (the 4 most powerful) would take a minimun of 3 weeks a maximun of 12 weeks before they attack each other, it means that small factions get to have a teleport at least for 1 week, they get mirages and a chance to get rank 9 gear.... sigh, so much more I can list to try and explain how many possitives there are to pick up from all of this, instead of just going to some emo corner, cry that it's over and roll over to die.

You're so blinded by your resentment, you overlook all of this, that we never planned, I agree, and try to make a bad thing out of it. Again, I think it's time you move on.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Calamity from the start was about being the strongest first and everything else second.

Such a hilariously uneducated comment . . . I got a good chuckle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited November 2010
    Calamity has been about being the strongest first and everything else second. Thus this outcome was inevidable, the only surprise here for me is the manner in which it happened.

You can't decide and claim that as a fact unless you were once a part of that faction to actually KNOW that.
    Maybe Calamity liked being strong but that might not have been their first priority. Now would Calamity have done what they did if being strong was their first priority?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver
    JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Conquer > Calamity? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    no1 is asking you to read the thread.
    you could chose to ignore it, if it not is in your interests.

I only read the title and could less about the rest. I was merely inquiring was all. I can do that, right?

b:bye
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Honestly, I could care less about the inside drama that Calamity/Regenesis/Insanity has brewing between them. I'm so much more interested in seeing how the map turns out after this weekend and how TW is affected. I'm also curious in seeing the part Regenesis will play if they choose to TW or not. (I haven't heard anything on that.) I'm still trying to convince Tria to let me pull a cata.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm still trying to convince Tria to let me pull a cata.

You have fun with that...b:bye

I got dibs on the eulogy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Quote:
    "You're not in a position to say that"; "you're an uneducated baffoon"
    Referring to my claim of Cala being about conquering first and others later.
    By: Couple of people.

*coughs and points at the very original "Calamity creed"*
    *coughs and points at the very fact that Calamity only had interest in players 95 and above at end game and even then only lv 100 and up allowed to TW* (According to rumors)
    *coughs and points at the very fact that some lv 100 players left and came back with drama in and drama out fashion*
    *coughs and points at the very obvious fact that that's what they ended up doing* Just open the TW map

If Calamity never was about conquering map first.... it certainly didn't show to the outside world too well.... unless of course you are suggesting that Cala "Accidentally" got the map and had "no interest" in it whatsoever?

Ok, even if TW map conquer was NOT THE number 1 objective Cala had.... SO FRICKING WHAT?!
    Obviously it was one of their biggest goals and a very important one at that eitherway. When something is so close to your heart, it's absolutely reduntand to claim that it was "our #2nd objective in the list". It doesn't change the facts even if it was 100% true. Cala had a HUGE passion for a red map, that's a FACT, live with it.

Quote "I'm sorry but you really have no clue of what you're saying. If Calamity would have broken into 20 different factions like CQ did in Lost City, if EQ-Dynasty and Tempest would have taken half of our members during the whole split. I would agree with what you have said in a heartbeat."
    Referring to: My claim of Calamity's disband being less graceful than it could and should have been.
    By: Andres

It doesn't matter if they had split into 60 different Cala only factions. The fact still is that this kind of infighting is utterly unnecessary and childish. I wasn't talking about how many groups you split into, I don't care if Regen was made by 100% of the Cala roster when it was still in tact. That's NOT THE POINT.

The point is that Calamity achieved their goal, split into groups... all fine so far... but then they start flinging **** at each other in the pwi public forum. Seriously?! What does it matter if the core group went into Regen? What does it matter that some wanted to counter that move? That's peoples own choise. Why you have to be a bunch of raving monkeys (Not that I wasn't a monkey, but it's meant as a metaphor) instead of celebrating a HUGE FEAT?

Read this again, please.
    Calamity WON!!! Why not let people do what they want after that? It doesn't matter... Calamity caught them all and eventually set them free. Why the bickering? Let people decide what they want and who they want to represent.

Nobody is better for winning the map and going to Regen. Nobody is better for winnin the map and going to Insane. And nobody certainly isn't better for going to either of those from other factions, but then again, none of those are worse for them either.

Note, I am NOT objecting against the formation of Regen, or Insane. In fact, I COULDN'T CARE LESS, even if I tried. I want people to realize how childish they are being for holding joining a faction against them. I've lost COUNTLESS of friends for joining other factions (Mainly Cala and EQ) but I never started hating them for it.

FACTIONS DO NOT DETERMINE PEOPLE.

p.s.
    If you're offended by my post, then cry a river, build a bridge and walk right over it. Nothing what I said here is meant to offend, or oppose anything but the bickering between 2 groups of a larger population of people whom should be happy for each other for achieving something great together instead of fighting each other.

Quote: Koop Arponen
    "So many things are said as I sit here quietly.
    Silence is more powerful than words can ever be.
    It's the things that you do, someone will never understand.
    Look upon your face and a touch of your hand

You've gone through hell
    and no one knows.
    you've changed your looks like you change your clothes.

You're a shining diamond with beams of light,
    there is nothing in this world that you cannot do.
    I'm standing on your shoulders, holding on tight and I'm saved.
    But never change your style,
    I would rather see you smile.

And the world's gone mad.
    Or was it always so?
    When did black and white replace the colours of a rainbow?

Silence is more beautiful than words can ever be."

People say Calamity was a family and a community... then stop bickering and just congratulate each other.
    edited November 2010
    Quote:
    "You're not in a position to say that"; "you're an uneducated baffoon"
    Referring to my claim of Cala being about conquering first and others later.
    By: Couple of people.

*coughs and points at the very original "Calamity creed"*
    *coughs and points at the very fact that Calamity only had interest in players 95 and above at end game and even then only lv 100 and up allowed to TW* (According to rumors)
    *coughs and points at the very fact that some lv 100 players left and came back with drama in and drama out fashion*
    *coughs and points at the very obvious fact that that's what they ended up doing* Just open the TW map

Where are you getting these so called information from?

Your rumors do not support your argument if you do not have proof..

Esprcially for the one that you said 'only lvl 100s are allowed to TW'. People who are level 100 in Cala right were 99 not so long ago...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Somebody knew calamity was going to be disbanded ^_^. Wanna know how I know? Maybe it's because I sold over 20M in herbs right before TW this weekend. Devilwood, Scented Fungus, many of herbs where sold out instantly for 4k each ^_^ , herbs that I bought only for 1k-2k each.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • flooow
    flooow Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    true serenity from a TW perspective

Loar join meeeeeeee b:cry
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You have fun with that...b:bye

b:sad I will, Krit, I will! We aren't even going to have a defense... So why not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Spitball I have never and still do not consider you or Lugie my enemy. I personally miss you logging into chat and screaming OMG ITS SPIT b:shocked (I don't know where the regular smilies are). I don't know if you still want to be friends but I will let you decide that; you know how I feel already.

Also, Calamity never claimed to have broken up to reset the map (if someone is claiming this they are doing so erroneously); it is just something that happened as a result of the breakup.

As for joining Regenesis, I can only say why I personally joined (and I don't expect anyone to agree with me). I was in Calamity for 2 months, a few days shy perhaps, and during that entire time I got to meet and spent time with many wonderful people.

Spearheading Calamity was BB, a person I got to know him as a kind, caring, charismatic and honest person tirelessly working for the faction, waking up in the middle of the night, every night, to update something on our forums or on our TW roster (we would yell at him to go back to sleep, and we still do). I put myself in his place and I cannot imagine all the work he puts in; I could never lead a faction as he can and is. With our officers at his side, if you don't know them they can be quite formidable from a tiny newbie's perspective (me). Until Triton called me hun and the scariness disappeared (Triton was the scariest of the bunch to me).

Then there is the faction and all our wonderful members. I've always said money does not tickle my fancy; my factionmates do b:chuckle They're a fun and rowdy bunch which makes playing and chatting so enjoyable. Regenesis would not be Regenesis without them b:kiss

This is why I joined Regenesis.
This discussion has been closed.