Dancing Sparkle

BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Wizard
Ok, I'm sure the answer is here on the forums somewhere, but I honestly can't find it.

Can you still farm Dancing Sparkle?

Or has this gone the way of farming Frostcovered city gear?

Anyone know who/where you pick up the quest, etc?
"And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
Post edited by BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur on

Comments

• MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    2nd or 3rd map i forget
    b:bye
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    edited November 2010
    2nd or 3rd map i forget

Well, Its supposed to be Valley of the Scarred, I know that. But what NPC do you get them from, and can you still farm them (even the lower level ones, not necessarily the grade 14 ones)?

If you can, why don't I see anyone doing that?
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well, Its supposed to be Valley of the Scarred, I know that. But what NPC do you get them from, and can you still farm them (even the lower level ones, not necessarily the grade 14 ones)?

If you can, why don't I see anyone doing that?

Valley of the Scarred is 3rd map, I don't remember all the details (I looked into it once), but basically you pick up a repeatable quest (like a one man army) that has you go kill like 60ish mobs, and you get 4 of w/e the item is as the reward (mobs also have a slight chance to drop them). Anyway you need some crazy amount of this item, well over 10k of them to get it. Long story short, it would take AGES to farm them.. you'd be far better off just saving up and buying nirvana or something of the like.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Anyway you need some crazy amount of this item, well over 10k of them to get it. Long story short, it would take AGES to farm them.. you'd be far better off just saving up and buying nirvana or something of the like.

Double drops my buddy got quite a few in an hour or so, and that wasn't turning in quests.

And maybe for grade 14 ones (like the ones you used to be able to get from the packs) are outta reach, but the lesser ones seem to be more obtainable.

320 for the Lv. 10 version

Phys. Res.: +75
    Magic Res.: +675
    Requisite Lv. 95
    Requisite Strength 52
    Requisite Magic 146
    HP: +70
    Magic +1-2
    Critical Hit Rate +1%

1280 for the lvl 11 version

Phys. Res.: +84
    Magic Res.: +755
    Requisite Lv. 95
    Requisite Strength 52
    Requisite Magic 146
    HP: +90
    Magic +3-4
    Critical Hit Rate +1%

2880 for the lvl 12 version

Phys. Res.: +93
    Magic Res.: +835
    Requisite Lv. 95
    Requisite Strength 52
    Requisite Magic 146
    HP: +120
    Magic +5-6
    Critical Hit Rate +1%

5440 for the lvl 13 version

Phys. Res.: +102
    Magic Res.: +915
    Requisite Lv. 95
    Requisite Strength 52
    Requisite Magic 146
    HP: +150
    Magic +7-8
    Critical Hit Rate +2%

18560 for the lvl 14 version

Phys. Res.: +111
    Magic Res.: +995
    Requisite Lv. 95
    Requisite Strength 52
    Requisite Magic 146
    HP: +180
    Magic +10
    Critical Hit Rate +2%

If these stats are correct*, even the lvl 10 ones would be better than what alot of people are using on my server. And if I could get even the grade 12 or 13 version b:dirty

*This is pw-wiki. I think I saw where at least the grade 10 and 11 boots were only 1% crit, but I would still use above TT90 green. EDIT: corrected - only g13 and g14 seem to have 2% crit.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    dood, ...

have fun farming months over months on those boots instead of farming nirvana boots
    i like potato
    edited November 2010
    dood, ...

have fun farming months over months on those boots instead of farming nirvana boots

Whats the drop rate on the gold mats for TT99 boots? As a wiz, you think I'd ever get it from the rest of my squad? This is the wizzie forum. We kinda know the answer. Farming Nirvana isn't really an option when you can't even farm TT99.

Oh, and weren't you the guy that posted about Wizzies not being able to farm Nirvana?

That's right. Like three times.
    somewhat the best thing to have in Nirvana is the overpowered DDs, they don't need 5 aps.. 3-4 is also more damage then many wizard. wich is exactly the wizards big problem - no or slow farming instances
    i have to admit i prefer any class over a wizard for Nirvana. Nirvana with two wizards is a pain (1 total useless **** DD is more then enough)
    now i have next to no fun playing my wiz in nirvana - getting a fish with deicide (easy 5.0 thanks to rank top wih more damage and survivability then archer or bm)

In fairness, these have been edited to paraphrase what you were saying, but basically your point was that wizards are **** for farming nirvana, that getting into squads to farm Nirvana is impossible unless you make the squad yourself and have friends that will carry your "**** dd" butt through it out of charity/friendship, and that you were going to level a sin just to be able to farm nirvana gear.

Leveling a sin to end game is easier than farming the g11 or g12 version of these boots? C'mon, man.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Whats the drop rate on the gold mats for TT99 boots? As a wiz, you think I'd ever get it from the rest of my squad?

Farming Nirvana isn't really an option when you can't even farm TT99.

Oh, and weren't you the guy that posted about Wizzies not being able to farm Nirvana?

That's right. Like three times.

In fairness, these have been edited to paraphrase what you were saying, but basically your point was that wizards are **** for farming nirvana, that getting into squads to farm Nirvana is impossible unless you make the squad yourself and have friends that will carry your "**** dd" butt through it out of charity/friendship, and that you were going to level a sin to be able to farm gear?

Leveling a sin to end game is easier than farming the g11 or g12 version of these boots? C'mon, man.

I made a cleric that shares my mage's gear so that I can farm nirvana (took me about a month or so to go from 1 to 100), and the hypers paid for themselves with the chests of sincerity I got (and a lucky gold frost soulsphere) that dropped. But assuming you don't want to do that, there are other ways to make money.. and you'd be far better off doing those and buying the uncannies than going for g14 dancing sparkle. Never looked at the lower grade ones, so I might need to go look that up a little more :P
    edited November 2010
    and you'd be far better off doing those and buying the uncannies than going for g14 dancing sparkle. Never looked at the lower grade ones, so I might need to go look that up a little more :P

Yea, g14 is definitely out. g13 is a little out there.

g10 i must say looks easy. My friend got over 100 yesterday from a few hours of grinding. Apparently he can pull like 20 or 30 at once, etc., etc. At that rate, the g10 boots should be easy.

PS: don't you sleep?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    alrighty, so just for fun I went into 3rd map to figure a little of this out

The item in question is a Wraith's Eye

There are repeatable quests you can pick up from the npcs in the sz, and each is to kill 100 of some mob for 4 eyes.

Just for fun I picked up the Icewind Grunt quest (has the highest chance of any of the quest mobs to drop more eye's.. a little over 14%). I found an area with a relatively low concentration and killed 50 of them. Took me ~8mins or so to kill them, and 5 eyes dropped (and this is during double drops.. maybe I was unlucky, but seems like a pretty low chance). They have a really obnoxious stun so zhenning is kinda out of the question.

Before I left, I attacked a few Icewind Crossbowman (second highest chance to drop them.. almost 13% chance) and they are just a pain. They're packed really close together, but as I tried to get close enough to drop an aoe on the group of them I aggro'd some stupid mob that caused a chain reaction and a second later I found myself being chased by a dozen or more of these guys. They were hitting about the same as the Grunts (100-200 damage) but hit quicker. They spread out like nuts and immediately run from you if you get close to them. These would be a NIGHTMARE to zhen.

I then went towards the priests/assassins. The priests have some magic attack, again hit pretty weak but they run out of range so you can't zhen them. The assassins are physical, and hit for almost nothing again.. so they would be your best bet. The groups I was finding had assassins and priests together in groups, which makes it difficult to just get the melee.. and I got stunned every once in a while. Don't know which were doing it. Anyway both of these have a little over 5% chance to drop eyes. I killed 40 (about half and half) and got 1 eye.

I've satisfied my curiosity.. and determined I'll never farm these, but I guess if you were really patient you could single target the grunts for half an eternity. I also found the rewards on pwdatabase... so here you go :)

320 eyes
    1280 eyes
    2880 eyes
    5440 eyes
    18560 eyes
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Adroit, I love your writing-style, very enjoyable and fun to read, and of course thanks for the info as I wondered this myself too. Seems like a awfull lot of work, And have to say for 95+ you'd really need the G12 boots to have something end-game worth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Adroit, I love your writing-style, very enjoyable and fun to read, and of course thanks for the info as I wondered this myself too. Seems like a awfull lot of work, And have to say for 95+ you'd really need the G12 boots to have something end-game worth.

If he could get 14 eyes in 16 minutes or so, thats almost 1 per minute, meaning the grade 10 boots are about 6 hours away. I would argue even the grade 10 boots are better than TT90 which alot of people have on, end game or no.

The g11=22 hours, the g12=48 hours. Even at double those times, not soooooo bad.

Put in 3 hypers to get 3x for 4 hours or whatever and you can get some decent experience too possibly, idk.

And well, I gotta do something while I am being passed over for TT and Nirvana runs in favor of 5 aps, don't I?
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Also you can get huge amount of this Wraith's Eye if you kill all bosses from summoning cards. These bosses are around the instances. After each killing boss you get signature. When you have all signatures you can change for gear or for these Wraith's Eyes what I heard.
    When I finished with this game I was missing just around 5 more bosses to complete it.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    yes almost anything is better then TT90 D:

TT99 boots are **** too (2ndCast nirvana is awesome)

im just wearing a pair of 3star-OHT with nice stats, as you get mats for them every day u can manufacture some until u get good stats :p

no crit (*meh*) but less effort and g12 refine >_> (g13 if u manufacture gold)
    i like potato
    edited November 2010
    yes almost anything is better then TT90

TT99 boots are **** too (2ndCast nirvana is awesome)

Thats what I'm thinking. I'll put the coin I would spend on TT99, nirvana, recast into citrine gems and refining for the g12 sparkles (or even g11). That ought to make them pretty darn good with far less coin.

If anyone made OHT gear on my server (ok, like 2 people, but not enough to provide any selection and I have **** luck in doing that - on sanctuary I made 67 sleeves with no channeling and at least 30 boots with no more than one useful stat), I would probably just use those.
    edited November 2010
    dood, ...

ok, 1st 2 people in my faction got the g10 boots. they refine like g14 apparently.

only took them 2-3 days of grinding, apparently.

so for only 17 x more work, lol, i can get the g13 version with 2% crit b:worried
    edited November 2010
    ok, 1st 2 people in my faction got the g10 boots. they refine like g14 apparently.

Gratz.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Gratz.b:victory

I don't have them yet, lol. I told two people in my faction and they got them already.

I'm still running around trying to get all the pve **** done to get to 3rd map, qq

I hate my friends

Mumintroll, reroll on arch. You seem nice. I'll buy your hypers . . . . .
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2010

They do refine like G14, atleast thats what pw database says. Thanks for the confirmation, (no idea if that is a real english word but it sounds good). Which makes them well worth the grinding. Same with the Old Unicorn Forest Hat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    They do refine like G14, atleast thats what pw database says. Thanks for the confirmation, (no idea if that is a real english word but it sounds good). Which makes them well worth the grinding. Same with the Old Unicorn Forest Hat.

Put in the extra grinding into getting the g12 version with 2% crit and 6 magic (have to check me on the stats, but those are close) over the hat. The hat has a close replacement that is readily available from packs/tournament (warsoul).

Boots? Lucky OHT or nirvana seem to be the only better options. OHT is cheaper but likely not as good, and nirvana may be slightly better but cost 100m or more on most servers for tt90/tt99/uncannies.
    edited November 2010
    I don't have them yet, lol. I told two people in my faction and they got them already.

I'm still running around trying to get all the pve **** done to get to 3rd map, qq

I hate my friends

Mumintroll, reroll on arch. You seem nice. I'll buy your hypers . . . . .

Thank you very much. But I'm really happy on private server for now. Also I have no patience to start all again. I did all the quests and swear to God it was hundreds quests. b:chuckle
    I will wait what new class will come and then I will decide what next.b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Thank you very much. But I'm really happy on private server for now. Also I have no patience to start all again. I did all the quests and swear to God it was hundreds quests. b:chuckle

Yes, new class.

Muminseeker?

Oh, oh, I know. Muminmystic . . . . .
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I made a cleric that shares my mage's gear so that I can farm nirvana (took me about a month or so to go from 1 to 100), and the hypers paid for themselves with the chests of sincerity I got (and a lucky gold frost soulsphere) that dropped. But assuming you don't want to do that, there are other ways to make money.. and you'd be far better off doing those and buying the uncannies than going for g14 dancing sparkle. Never looked at the lower grade ones, so I might need to go look that up a little more :P

I'm thinking about doing that too because even Archosaur server, with significantly less 100's than anywhere else, is starting to change into interval or go home. & even if I can get into a Nirvana on my wiz, it's still pretty boring for how long It takes.

I love my wizard and I'll never want to get away from it, but instead of complaining about not being able to make money I'm trying to think of the best long-term solution so I can do something about it. ...and after reading that idea of cleric sharing your gear, I think thats what I'm going to do. Also who knows there could be either a new instance where aoe's are preferred in the genesis update or just extra demand on clerics

This is my wiz now http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=582ebf9b67574ad8, the buddas for instance has no business being on a wiz but I got it as it is now for an unrefined neon so, lol. I hear thats like a pretty BA cleric weapon too, and of course I just got my wings of cloudcharger a few days ago after selling the only 20 some raptures I was ever able to get my hands on before all the cash shoppers here starting buying them for 2.5mill ea. Also I always figured channeling to be an acquired taste for wiz, but I hear its pretty important on cleric so I guess i'll get rank4 shirt and sleeves with actual channeling?

Anyway If i wanted to do all the end game stuff like 3-3 (barely ever done TT), Nirvana, and maybe some particular world bosses like doing the first harpy wraith on our server (most the clerics here are pretty terrible), with the +8 lunar wep should I do a pure vit build? I know nothing about cleric but my girlfriend played one and playing two wizards to end game on 2 different servers I'm pretty sure it'll be a piece of **** to pick up for me... but my questions are more like... what should I expect?

I just assumed cleric in pve is like: ironheart on tankers, the other bigger heal when you need to save somebody and an ironheart wont take into effect fast enough before they're guna die, purify obviously, and maybe the occasional plume shell from an aoe. and oh yeah, reviving.

PK wouldn't be so bad either, I always thought sleep on the right person turned around so many important fights
    edited November 2010
    I love my wizard and I'll never want to get away from it, blah blah blah

Proski, sthu and gimme those boots, you jerk. b:angry

And nooooo, we have enough clerics. We need barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs. barbs.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol we have plenty of barbs dude, besides its easier to jack the current clerics of our servers spot in end-game runs than it would be the barbs like zai and fluffy
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010

I got a friend who tried out a private server. He got to lvl 105 in one day. Seriously...it's total garbage and nothing compared to the real thing.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    I'm thinking about doing that too because even Archosaur server, with significantly less 100's than anywhere else, is starting to change into interval or go home. & even if I can get into a Nirvana on my wiz, it's still pretty boring for how long It takes.

I love my wizard and I'll never want to get away from it, but instead of complaining about not being able to make money I'm trying to think of the best long-term solution so I can do something about it. ...and after reading that idea of cleric sharing your gear, I think thats what I'm going to do. Also who knows there could be either a new instance where aoe's are preferred in the genesis update or just extra demand on clerics

This is my wiz now http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=582ebf9b67574ad8, the buddas for instance has no business being on a wiz but I got it as it is now for an unrefined neon so, lol. I hear thats like a pretty BA cleric weapon too, and of course I just got my wings of cloudcharger a few days ago after selling the only 20 some raptures I was ever able to get my hands on before all the cash shoppers here starting buying them for 2.5mill ea. Also I always figured channeling to be an acquired taste for wiz, but I hear its pretty important on cleric so I guess i'll get rank4 shirt and sleeves with actual channeling?

Anyway If i wanted to do all the end game stuff like 3-3 (barely ever done TT), Nirvana, and maybe some particular world bosses like doing the first harpy wraith on our server (most the clerics here are pretty terrible), with the +8 lunar wep should I do a pure vit build? I know nothing about cleric but my girlfriend played one and playing two wizards to end game on 2 different servers I'm pretty sure it'll be a piece of **** to pick up for me... but my questions are more like... what should I expect?

I just assumed cleric in pve is like: ironheart on tankers, the other bigger heal when you need to save somebody and an ironheart wont take into effect fast enough before they're guna die, purify obviously, and maybe the occasional plume shell from an aoe. and oh yeah, reviving.

PK wouldn't be so bad either, I always thought sleep on the right person turned around so many important fights

I'm a BIG fan of vit clerics. They can still purify/heal just fine, but have that extra 1500 hp unbuffed, which is awesome for just about anything. I can tell you on my cleric, I'm able to duo full 3-3 with a 5.0 sin friend on mine (has ~9-10k hp w/ hp buff.. he has a few pieces of gear he can switch out). I can solo heal for some of the easier world bosses without much trouble either. I'd definitely recommend vit so u won't get one shot by aoe's (emperor in 3-3 hits me usually between 2.5k and 6k.. and if you can't hit 5k hp you are almost useless for nirvana because of the white/black adds that aoe for 5k).

Cleric in pve kinda depends on the instance, but its basically just spam healing and sage vanguard if you have it (if you are sage anyway). The pwcalc I put up there is what I normally use in pvp/pve, but for times when I know I'm not gonna get hit hard (like weak or no aoes or something) I have -channeling sleeves, belt, and neck to reach -30% channeling. I'd recommend getting cloud eruption/holy path on your clerics genie because they are so useful in instances. Nothing is more annoying than being in a GV or warsong or w/e aoe instance and the cleric's BB dropping and not being able to get it back up. I left my cloud at lvl 1 so my genie isn't 100% drained whenever I use cloud, besides 1 spark is usually more than enough if you aren't wasting all your chi. I'm sure holy path is pretty self explanatory, and the rest of the skills are kinda up to you. My cleric's genie has earthflame, holy path, lvl 1 cloud, expel, and domain with like 45 mag and 190 vit or something close to that.. works great for me =]

Pvp on a cleric is actually a lot of fun for me, at least when I'm not by myself. I have sage cyclone and plume shot, but left every other atk skill at level 1 so I wouldn't be tempted to metal mage (and to save coin). In most pvp, you'll be the most effective just purifying/buffing your party and sleeping/immobilizing the enemies. Ironheart is kinda just the filler for when nobody needs a purify/buff and your control skills are on cooldown. You should also keep stream and wellspring in mind because in most pvp, by the time ironheart should be kicking in the person is already dead. If you're doing your job right your role will change from keeping your party alive to keeping yourself alive because the other squad is gonna be going after you. Now you're going to be the bait while the rest of your squad picks them off you. Plume shell is AWESOME if you have an mp charm, kinda okish if you are relying on pots. Make good use of dropping/immunes/guardian light/expel or w/e else you have to keep yourself up.

Dunno if that answers your question at all.. but ya b:surrender
    edited November 2010
    I got a friend who tried out a private server. He got to lvl 105 in one day. Seriously...it's total garbage and nothing compared to the real thing.

Private server is not about leveling or questing. I started at lv. 105. Every1 is lv. 150 there. The fun on p. server is from PK and farming instances to gain new armor to be stronger for PK again.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    My prediction is:

QQ

QQQQQQ

QQQQQQQQ woes me wizards r teh gimped i lub private server pwi r teh sux

(for the next year or two) :P
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited November 2010

cleric forum is -> this way <-
    edited November 2010
    My cleric's genie has earthflame, holy path, lvl 1 cloud, expel, and domain with like 45 mag and 190 vit or something close to that.. works great for me =]

45 magic on a genie? interesting . . . .

cleric forum is -> this way <-

yea, gtho
This discussion has been closed.