Map

Options
Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Etherblade (West)
just curious to see what most of y'all actually think on the subject. Not like anyone is listening to us anyway, but it's fun for discussion purposes. Do you think they should reset the map?
*insert awesome siggy here*
Post edited by Anneliesse - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I voted I don't care, cuz I will end up TWing anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • DUTY_CALLS - Heavens Tear
    DUTY_CALLS - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes because i think it be fun to fight the NPC on land again and they should put max on how much land u can holled too this make were good then i like to see more guild's on map too
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes because i think it be fun to fight the NPC on land again and they should put max on how much land u can holled too this make were good then i like to see more guild's on map too

pwe tw is soo boring especially with the lvls we have on the server. the point would be that no one guild would have all the land....and we would have to fight guilds to retake it again. perhaps this would make people move around a bit to defend what they have and work to take more. might make for interesting wars for a little while at least. i agree with aes though, i'm gonna have war and show up anyway so idc, but was just curious to see what others thought.
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options

Why? The mobs are so low level compared to the players now it won't even be a challenge. I suppose it would be fun for some aspiring guilds who have lower level players, and it'd give them an opportunity to hold land before the larger guilds swallow them up again, but the fact of the matter is the bosses who used to pwn everyone before probably can be 5-aps'd to death in seconds, especially by guilds well-stocked in 5-aps players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Im in two minds TBH.
    While it might be good to have a fresh start which might allow the smaller TW guilds ( Mortal, Tainted etc ) the chance and purpose to grow ( and getting more ppl the TW bug ), equaling in the long term a much more competative TW scene. Im just not sure at this point in the games life span it would make alot of differance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KevinSkrrder - Heavens Tear
    KevinSkrrder - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I voted yes because I think it'd be fun to have small factions vs other small factions.
    Enrage VS Small factions only last..10-20 minutes now? Eh.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I voted yes because I think it'd be fun to have small factions vs other small factions.
    Enrage VS Small factions only last..10-20 minutes now? Eh.

This is true and is the one good thing I see about resetting map. However, I still just don't care because I will probably go where the good TWs are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Wilzxen - Heavens Tear
    Wilzxen - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Map reset will only entertain ppl for a short period of time.

One way to limit how much land a guild can hold is, NPCs will attack all lands that are not bidded on b:chuckle

That will deter any guild from holding 40+ lands, unless they are prepared to have 40 tw per week b:shocked

But this adds an element of challenge in balancing how much land to own and ppl gets to play with NPCs :P
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    There's one problem on this, it is basing itself on getting players in top faction BORED enough to not hold map? I really don't see that as a viable idea for company...
  • Chireu - Heavens Tear
    Chireu - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lol Wilz XD That'd be such a pain to have to show up to those forced pve sessions!

One of the things that'd deter me from wanting the map to be reset is the fact that there'd probably be several weeks of factions just fighting NPC land until they finally run out of land and meet each other... which would be annoying because I actually want to TW against a faction that can fight back. PvE TWs would be so boring and pointless now if you're not in a low lvl guild =/ So speaking purely from my own shortsighted interests, I'm kinda happy with the way it is now XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    There's one problem on this, it is basing itself on getting players in top faction BORED enough to not hold map? I really don't see that as a viable idea for company...

Isnt that what the company HAS been trying to do ? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Isnt that what the company HAS been trying to do ? b:chuckle

Maybe. I was just saying :D
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    A reset isn't exactly the best thing to do. And personally i do not care about pve battles and like pointed out already. It can take some time before guilds start to clash. But voting yes anyway since the map seems to be at a stalemate.

Right now there's Enrage who's holding all the land and Radiance who seems to be the only faction that can fight them and possibly defend them succesfully for 3 hours if they had land. But only two competitive factions is not interesting

There are guilds with potential like drakon and dominus. I think if the map would be reset, it would give those factions room, time and motivation to grow. It would also give smaller factions a chance to fight over land with factions their size.

More factions is more people in TW is more fun?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mm..honest opinion, for me, no I wouldn't want the map to be reset simply because that would mean no TW's for Enrage for a long time, and we're getting most of them atm. On a server point of view..it might be good to get other factions to have fun as well, but yea :P

Also..PvE TW's are mostly boring now. I remember being in Radiance back in the day, fighting against 1k Streams and Archosaur for the PvE land. The first fight was probably the most fun, adrenaline and excitement I've ever had in this game. Second one not so much because well, we knew what to do so it was much faster and easier lol. I still have some screenshots of the 1k fight. There was I think 4 mini bosses and 1 main boss at the B gate. And of course..you couldn't see HP numbers back then and they all looked the same. So I had the task of luring each one as we killed them, pretty much as a group of 35 people ish. First one was lured and killed quickly..then I lured the second one and it was the main boss. Rofl practically everyone wiped except the barbs haha. Overall the TW was so much fun..but that was the part I remember most clearly.

^Just a fun little story I wanted to share. But overall now..I think having PvE lands would be pointless as it would just be an all around steamroll. Like, the Raging Tide's PvE TW Enrage had..the base boss was killed because squads who were inside thought it was a normal mob..So, unless it was a guild like, Mortal or whoever getting a level 1 or 2 land fight, it wouldn't really be fun.
  • Nubispotze - Heavens Tear
    Nubispotze - Heavens Tear Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

i second this
    Exegesis-103-Psychic--blackballs, blueballs, pinkballs, hairless balls. You got a lotta balls to be applying to Enrage...AND ask for a private denial reason? gg man. gg.
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mm..honest opinion, for me, no I wouldn't want the map to be reset simply because that would mean no TW's for Enrage for a long time, and we're getting most of them atm.

^ this is why i dont want reset. I have my selfish days and today is one of them xD
    Supposely we reset map, even if its not a srv map reset, just not show to any tw for 1-2 weeks, every faction free to bid... lets say we lose 10-15 lands... who do you think will attack us in the next few weeks? they will all fight each other and we will just lose the fun... so no ty xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lastrega
    lastrega Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't care if they reset map or no.
    Anyway P.W.I is unbalanced as the game. Even P.W.I make mobs or boss stronger, for people with good gear this will be easy.

PS: Would be a good idea if on this event with 2x drop PWI make TT 3-x like before, and give a chance to other people to make TT for the gear ????
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    we will just lose the fun...

Would you say that you have fun in any but 1 or 2 of the wars though ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    we have fun in 1. Maybe in the near future 2... If we reset the map we lose that 1 and maybe the other one. Thats what i meant xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    TW died when they started givin out mirages

fact
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No map reset - they should shuffle the tw where mobs attack back trying to retake their land. Mob level is based on faction's average level.

Bosses extra hard to make it a challenge for the "uh I spark alot I have skill" 5aps people.

b:victory

I should be a dev.
    edited November 2010
    Options
    TW died when they started givin out mirages

fact

There more tw now, then when bids were 500k lol
    Exegesis-103-Psychic--blackballs, blueballs, pinkballs, hairless balls. You got a lotta balls to be applying to Enrage...AND ask for a private denial reason? gg man. gg.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Think it would be fun if they wiped the map but would have to put the mobs on roids though and make NPC lands harder. Talked about this for long time but Arch and 1k should have all the WBs in the game all the 3-2 3-3 bosses Warsong bosses then a couple new ones. Then u can make the lvl 2 little weaker then that and 3 weaker still now think that would be fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    There are more TW's now than when people used to bid 500k for land lol.

Fixed for readability
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Would you say that you have fun in any but 1 or 2 of the wars though ?

i have fun in them all, *pats up kill count* cya MsE b:byeb:chuckle
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I fail at life =(

fix for the truth

also summer would it not be

There is more TW,
  • DUTY_CALLS - Heavens Tear
    DUTY_CALLS - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No map reset - they should shuffle the tw where mobs attack back trying to retake their land. Mob level is based on faction's average level.

Bosses extra hard to make it a challenge for the "uh I spark alot I have skill" 5aps people.

b:victory

I should be a dev.

Can i ask wat dose your title mean
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i like men

Don't blame me you cant spell or w/e b:laugh

you sure you're not Inventor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yeah, i know lack of sleep posting is a bad idea. With fail trolls on the forums like yourself. That do not use correct words also b:surrender
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If I took the time to correct everyone's English I'd be here all day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.