Any PW bugs fixed?Balanced gameplay?

2»

Comments

• RaGEnGirl - Sanctuary
    RaGEnGirl - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    10M a week for every peice of land owned... we know who in Sanctuary had almost the whole map for a year. And we know that most of those players have the best gears... And the other guild who took half of the top factions land had it for 6 months before the mirage stones were implemented and they now too have the best gears. Now we will never catch up, unless we spend over $10k in RL money. And TW's now cost so much for charms, but it is really fun so is obviously never going to be fixed back for us players who weren't in those top factions.b:scorn
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    10M a week for every peice of land owned... we know who in Sanctuary had almost the whole map for a year. And we know that most of those players have the best gears... And the other guild who took half of the top factions land had it for 6 months before the mirage stones were implemented and they now too have the best gears. Now we will never catch up, unless we spend over $10k in RL money. And TW's now cost so much for charms, but it is really fun so is obviously never going to be fixed back for us players who weren't in those top factions.b:scorn

Having land and being a serious TW faction caused them to improve their gear,
    TW Pay - TW Costs will never = good gear.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    wrong. they owned land for 2 reasons

#1 they cash shopped themselves to hell, their rival 1/2 split map compatriots couldn't keep up
    #2 their super cashed gear/bank stolen leader's gear led them to being able to delta before anyone else could, thus they had 100's with TT99/100 gear, while no one else did.

nefarious was the king of the visa credit card campaign.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Also, GMs have already told us that it isn't a bug, that it was the way it was intended to work. So don't claim bug when something really isn't, according to PWE staff.

Ohh Yes. They always tell you that isn't a bug instead of fixing it.
    What about bug when enter six people to instance and 1 of them is automatically kick out, so every1 has to go out and try again?
    What about rubberbanding?
    What about nixies? (I never read anywhere before I started play, that nixies don't have damage reduction in pvp) SO that's a lie from GM, that it was programmed so. And what about hercules? Why he has damage reduction in pvp and nix not?
    What about nirvana bug, when in one room NPC didn't respawn? (maybe it was already fixed)
    What about lunar, which is still unfinished as they planned?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    about hercules? Why he has damage reduction in pvp and nix not?
    What about nirvana bug, when in one room NPC didn't respawn? (maybe it was already fixed)
    What about lunar, which is still unfinished as they planned?

Nix gets damage reduction just like the herc gets...
    Its not a pet wise problem - its a skill every single pet can learn, and its called Flesh ream b:bye

Nirvana NPC was fixed.
    Lunar is finished pretty much.
    Delta 5 ppl porting in isnt a problem, because you dont lose anything..you still have all 6 tickets.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What about nixies? (I never read anywhere before I started play, that nixies don't have damage reduction in pvp) SO that's a lie from GM, that it was programmed so. And what about hercules? Why he has damage reduction in pvp and nix not?

You need to get it into your head that its not nixes. Herc if gien flesh ream, will have the same thing aoccur. Back in sub-lvl-80 TWs when alot of veno's had sawflies & kowlinss with flesh ream, that was just as painful. All of Nix's attack and other skills are PvP reduced, just like every other Pet. The "problem" you're referring to is flesh ream, and flesh ream only, on any pet.

However it is PvP reduced, just by signifigantly less. Rather then being 25% damage, its roughly 75%. This means that they actually had to write a seperate routine, or at least a seperate PvP reduction value, to use for flesh ream. That means they put extra effort into it, and not a bug.

Lastly, Flesh Ream does less damage then Bash, and likewise also generate less aggro (people who think its the same as Barbs are incorrect, it does have extra aggro gen, but not nearly the same, and Bash has extra aggro gen attached as well). What this means is Flesh Ream, for pets, literally has no purpose in PvE. Its specifically a PvP skill. If anything, its damage is "nerfed" for PvE, rather then boosted for PvP. In reality, its the devs intention.

They specifically made a skill that actually some some amount of dmg in PvP. Without flesh ream, pets can be 100% ignored, and a Veno alone (with equivalent gear) is only half a character. Veno's prior to Nixes were often considered the "free kill" of PvP. Just cause they're now a problem to squishies, does not make it a bug.
    Lunar is finished pretty much.

Its no where near finished. If you read their initial news release, Lunar was supposed to have 3 different paths to chose from the start. Each path wouldnt lead you through all the valleys, so to get mats from every valley you'd need multiple runs with different entrance choice.

They only implemented 1 path. I know for a fact you can not access Insularum path, nor the gold mats it would drop. There's another 1, maybe 2 valleys currently inaccessible as well. The only way to get those gold mats is to mysterious chip them. This is not completion.

The devs just decided to put it on the backburner... which means never getting around to it.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Its no where near finished. If you read their initial news release, Lunar was supposed to have 3 different paths to chose from the start. Each path wouldnt lead you through all the valleys, so to get mats from every valley you'd need multiple runs with different entrance choice.

Are you sure, we didnt misinterpreted that one?
    You have 3 different path to chose in the first valley, based on which tomb you kill.
    Each of them leading you to a different final boss and a different 2nd valley.
    Every single gold mat that "is chipable" does drop.
    Only some legendary gold mats, might not drop..which is a "might" since you can reach insularum via Trophy Mode.
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
    edited October 2010
    Are you sure, we didnt misinterpreted that one?
    You have 3 different path to chose in the first valley, based on which tomb you kill.
    Each of them leading you to a different final boss and a different 2nd valley.
    Every single gold mat that "is chipable" does drop.
    Only some legendary gold mats, might not drop..which is a "might" since you can reach insularum via Trophy Mode.

From http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=6481 1/20/10 "Patch Preview"
    Instance Changes - Lunar Glade

Trophy Mode - New modes for the Lunar Glade have been added. Players must complete Frigoris Valley, Insularum Valley, and Nubium Valley to gain access to Trophy Mode.

Single Player Mode - Players can attain shards, fragments, and crystals through this mode. No quest pre-requisites are necessary to enter.

Team Mode - This mode now has three options. Players can choose from Imbrium Valley, Smythii Valley, or Cognitum Valley. All three instances contain different bosses.

- Team Mode requires 3,000,000 coins to enter. The party leader must pay this fee before the team can begin.

- Monster difficulty in Team Mode has been reduced. Monster drops have been modified as a result.

- Removed the hidden boss.

- Soulgems will no longer drop from this instance.

- Removed Neo-Deity Mode.

- Two new Level 13 robes have been added to Lunar Glade. Both can be manufactured using Lunar Glade molds and materials.

I point you specifically to the part in Red.

Originally it said Insularum Valley is one of the valleys you had to have beaten BEFORE even having access to Trophy Mode. Thats mentioned a bit higher then the red. So Insularum only being available in Trophy mode was never the intent.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Call me stupid, but isn't that exactly what i meant?
    They never specifically stated that you start from these valleys.

It was simply mentioned that u can chose which of these 3 following valleys you go to after paying the 3m coins, and that is exactly what we do right now with killing the tombstones in the first valley.
    (you either go to wood(imbrium) , smythii (metal) or fire cognitum (fire).

And all 3 instances (Wood, metal and fire do indeed contain different bosses.)
    edited October 2010
    Call me stupid, but isn't that exactly what i meant?
    They never specifically stated that you start from these valleys.

It was simply mentioned that u can chose which of these 3 following valleys you go to after paying the 3m coins, and that is exactly what we do right now with killing the tombstones in the first valley.
    (you either go to wood(imbrium) , smythii (metal) or fire cognitum (fire).

And all 3 instances (Wood, metal and fire do indeed contain different bosses.)

Nah call me stupid instead. For a long time after the patch was implemented, there was only 1 path to go. I was unaware (Havent Lunared lately) that there was a path choice in there now. Guess they did implement it.

However that still doesnt explain the lack of Insularum in normal mode, which was said to be needed to be defeated in order to even have access to Trophy mode. Same with Cognitum (which i dont think we could access before either, just Insularum sticks in my head cause of the Lunar quest requiring it).